Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Who all backed this?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech?ref=user_menu

I did the $25 level, but may up it to the $50 to get in the beta they say starts next month.
It's really sounding good. Latest update:

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4337785 - 02/16/17 02:26 AM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Behemoth Offline
Behemoth  Offline

Boston, MA
I backed it at the $50 level, looking forward to finally seeing something.

#4338403 - 02/17/17 08:15 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I backed it as a "reinforcement" after the first alpha gameplay video came out.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4338444 - 02/17/17 10:26 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Backed it to some level where I got some goodies smile Looking forward to the beta!!

- Ice
#4338470 - 02/18/17 12:38 AM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Behemoth Offline
Behemoth  Offline

Boston, MA
Nice! I was very tempted to get the Stein, but I didn't have money to burn. those goodies look pretty... good.

#4338506 - 02/18/17 04:12 AM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
$50 backer here too, really looking forward to the beta thumbsup

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4338511 - 02/18/17 04:45 AM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
the question is, Mechxit - how many players will bail from MWO when it's not the only Battletech game on the shelf anymore?

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4338636 - 02/18/17 07:48 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Clydewinder]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Clydewinder
the question is, Mechxit - how many players will bail from MWO when it's not the only Battletech game on the shelf anymore?

utterly different type of games - both will have their fans.

I'll probably love this game, but I can't care about MWO. I want something that mimics the boardgame, not a FPS.

#4338646 - 02/18/17 08:10 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: EAF331 MadDog]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: EAF331 MadDog
I'll probably love this game, but I can't care about MWO. I want something that mimics the boardgame, not a FPS.

+1 to this. I backed out of MWO and MWT when I found out how they were going to implement their games. I think I backed both games at the 60-80 level, but luckily I was able to get my money back before the game was released. For some reason, I can't stand MW as a FPS, even though I played MechWarrior 2 and 3 back in the day. MWO is just too fast for me, maybe? I do alright on War Thunder and World of Tanks....

- Ice
#4341372 - 03/01/17 08:32 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Upgraded my account. Email them through their site and they'll respond and send a paypal invoice for the difference. Not sure if they forgot or just aren't charging that extra $10 they mentioned before.
Beta is expected 3/15.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4359629 - 05/26/17 04:05 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Important Backer Beta Info
Posted by Harebrained Schemes LLC (Creator)
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words about our last Kickstarter Update and gameplay video - seeing your reactions and excitement means the world to us, especially when we're in the thick of things.

The whole team here is really excited to get the Backer Beta into your hands on June 1st. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks, we've been working through some significant multiplayer connectivity issues and as of yesterday, we don't believe multiplayer will be stable enough for release by June 1st. Therefore, the June 1st release will contain single-player Skirmish mode ONLY, and we will update the Beta with PvP multiplayer as soon as it's ready. No time estimate on that yet but we'll keep you posted.

We're bummed that we’re not releasing multiplayer simultaneously with single-player Skirmish (especially since we've been having so much fun competing with each other at the office, and telling you guys all about it!) but sometimes the soup just needs a little more time on the stove. As always, we’ll continue to keep you informed, and we still can't wait for you to be able to go hands-on against the AI in Skirmish mode on the 1st.

Expect another Kickstarter update next week with more specific information about how to get your Beta key. In the meantime, since we’re getting down to the wire, we thought we’d proactively answer a bunch of your questions in advance of the Backer Beta release with this FAQ.

Thanks and happy hunting!
Mitch
Backer Beta FAQ
What’s in the Backer Beta at launch?
The Backer Beta contains Single Player Skirmish versus the AI. You’ll be able to choose one of five deathmatch maps, set weather conditions, select your lance of ‘Mechs from 32 avaialable ‘Mech variants, assign MechWarriors to each, and choose the enemy forces you’ll fight.

What will be in the Backer Beta when it’s updated?
In addition to bugfixes, the update to the Backer Beta will add 1v1 multiplayer with all of the same content (maps, ‘Mechs, MechWarriors) that's available in single-player Skirmish. Hosts will be able to set the C-bills level of the match, choose the time limit for each turn, and more.

Can we expect more updates for the Backer Beta after that?
We’ll update the Beta as needed to fix high-impact and game-breaking bugs but we have no plans to update the Backer Beta with additional features or content beyond the scope of the Beta Kickstarter reward. This is a targeted Beta to get data on BattleTech combat with our Backers, not an Early Access game release.

How long will the Beta last?
At least a month after the multiplayer update is released. You should expect the Beta to “go dark” at some point during the run up to the launch of the game so we focus on the shipping version without the need to maintain the beta version.

Can I customize my ‘Mechs in the beta?
No. MechLab and the ability to choose colors, paintschemes, etc. are not part of the beta.

I heard you were doing a livestreamed “Backer Beta Bash” on 6/2. Is that still on? The livestreamed Backer Beta Bash on twitch.tv/hyperrpg has been postponed to coincide with the release of the Second Backer Beta Release containing multiplayer. We’re disappointed we won’t be able to celebrate with you but we’ve got work to do and need to stay focused.

What platforms is the Beta on? What about the final release?
The Kickstarter Backer Beta will be downloadable from Steam for Windows and Mac. The full version of the final game will be available on Steam, GOG, and Humble for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Can I pre-download the Beta the day before so I’m ready to go on June 1st?
No, you will not be able to pre-load the Beta, but the download isn’t massive so you’ll be up and running pretty quickly!

How do I give you feedback?
Each time you finish playing, you’ll be prompted to fill out a short survey. The survey is different each time, so please check it out after each game you complete. In addition, we’re setting up a series of Beta sub-forums on battletechgame.com for folks to discuss what they like and could use improvements. The team regularly reads the forums and the discussions players have there are very helpful to us.

How do I report bugs?
If you encounter an uncommon bug (one you think won’t be found with standard testing), consult the Backer Beta Manual (available on June 1) for further instructions.

Can we stream and share our Beta experience?
You bet! Feel free to stream your gameplay, post on Youtube, share screenshots, blog about your experience, etc.

I backed below the Reward Level containing beta access. Can I still get into the Beta?
Yes! If you are already a Backer and would like to upgrade your pledge, email us. Since this is a manual process, we’ll need to send you specific instructions.

Can my friends still get in the beta?
Yes, just tell them to go here: https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Will BATTLETECH be released on Steam Early Access after the Beta but before Release?
No. The only thing between Beta and final release is a lot of hard work.

Can I get into the Beta after it launches?
Yes, but we will stop taking Backer Beta Tier pledges and upgrades two weeks prior to the close of Beta (which we’ll announce ahead of time.)

What are the system requirements for the Beta?
We’ve done our best to ensure a wide audience can play the Backer Beta but won’t have final system specs until much closer to the release of the full game.

Here are the minimum and recommended specs for this Beta release.

WINDOWS MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i3 3210 3.20GHz or AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 630 GT or AMD Radeon HD 6670 DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection Storage: 11 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

WINDOWS RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i5 3450 3.10GHz or AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750ti or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

MAC MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel 2.5 Ghz Mid 2011
Graphics: Radeon HD 6970M
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 11 GB available space
Sound Card: On Board Audio

MAC RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel 2.9GHz Late 2013
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 775M
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: On Board Audio

#4359752 - 05/27/17 12:15 AM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Super hyped about this!! biggrin

- Ice
#4361420 - 06/01/17 06:51 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Waiting on the email for my backer beta key...

The wait! The wait!

#4361428 - 06/01/17 07:34 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Me too... smile

- Ice
#4361432 - 06/01/17 07:49 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Downloading my copy now.

It appeared in my backer thingiebob even if I haven't gotten an email.

#4361442 - 06/01/17 08:07 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Where? Not on my BackerKit info as far as I can tell... frown

- Ice
#4361464 - 06/01/17 08:56 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Can't get into my backer account, says no record of my email account. Hope this isn't going to be a nightmare.

----------------------------------------------------------------

With swirling heads, sweaty palms, and soaring hearts, we are pleased to announce that the BATTLETECH Kickstarter Backer Beta is ready, and keys will start arriving later today!

Distributing 25,000 Steam keys into BackerKit accounts will take hours, so please be patient! WHEN YOUR BETA KEY LANDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WILL GET A NOTIFICATION EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM BACKERKIT.

As noted in our last update (which included a Beta FAQ), today’s release contains single-player Skirmish mode ONLY. We will automatically update the Beta with PvP multiplayer as soon as it's ready and let you know with another Kickstarter update.
So How Do I Get Started?!

Instructions for getting your Steam Key from your BackerKit account, downloading the game, and how to play the game are located in your Backer Beta PDF Manual (which you can start studying up on while you’re waiting for your notification email from BackerKit to arrive!) Since this isn’t the finished game, our Backer Beta does not include an in-game tutorial. You’ll likely have way more fun and be able to give us better feedback if you understand how things work, so it’s highly recommended that you review the PDF Manual before your first game.

BTW, you can also view the manual in-game at any time by clicking the “Help” button on the Main Menu.
What We Need From You

We hope you enjoy this first taste of our BATTLETECH game and we want to learn from your experiences playing it. So what do we need? MEASURABLE DATA! After EACH battle, you’ll get the opportunity to give us your feedback in a short 1-page survey on a variety of topics - controls, audio, AI, maps, tactics, and more - so be sure to take as many surveys as possible.

And plan to fill out the same survey more than once! We fully expect your answers to change over time (that’s an important part of the feedback process) so don’t skip a survey because you’ve seen the questions before. This is the best, most helpful way to positively impact the project and help us make the game better for everyone. (Yes, it’s even more helpful than reporting bugs.)

The other way to get us your feedback is to join the BATTLETECH Forum. The Backer Beta Discussion sub-forum is the place where you can expand on your experiences playing the game and share your constructive criticism with others. While the dev team won’t respond to feedback or engage in debates, we’ll definitely be reading and learning from your conversations.

Have fun! Melt armor! Kick myomer!
--Klimecky

#4361467 - 06/01/17 09:00 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Beta is only for backers who backed $50 or more I believe.

#4361472 - 06/01/17 09:23 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I did.
Couldn't login from my saved bookmark, but from the email it was fine. Go figure. Downloading now.

#4361480 - 06/01/17 09:50 PM Re: Battletech TBS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

NVM, found it!! Whoohoo!!

1.9GB...

- Ice
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.