Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
#4357400 - 05/15/17 07:38 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
From a PR point of view....it doesn't look good when every review on the steam page is a Thumbs down with endless complaints.

Steam reviews

Here is 3 randomly selected reviews over the last few years....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4357463 - 05/15/17 03:00 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by Winfield
From a PR point of view....it doesn't look good when every review on the steam page is a Thumbs down with endless complaints.

Exaggerating makes your point less valid.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4357531 - 05/15/17 09:29 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: cichlidfan]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by cichlidfan

hardly an exaggeration, using the plural steam page's would be exaggerating however, the link to the steam page all show thumbs down, that page being the main page. and the page most viewed regarding purchases and\or reviews

#4357534 - 05/15/17 09:45 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

20 positive reviews

26 negative

Thats p1ss poor for any game on steam

The posistive ones are from 2015 .... and most a saying hope they get this or that fixed and it will be good module

2 years later it is still a turd

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 05/15/17 09:54 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4357540 - 05/15/17 10:49 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: cichlidfan]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK

Still doesn't make the point INvalid. Might be best to know the difference, otherwise you just look stupid.

- Ice
#4357552 - 05/15/17 11:49 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by - Ice

Still doesn't make the point INvalid. Might be best to know the difference, otherwise you just look stupid.

I never said it did, did I. Might be best to read the actual post instead of what you want it to say.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4357600 - 05/16/17 07:54 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
The model, on the outside does look superb though,
The cockpit glass recently underwent an overhaul which looks quite fitting with the external model.

The skin is also a mint, possibly the skin artist has drawn inspiration from Tom Weiss. could use a bit of weathering around the intake cowlings, nosecone, wings etc etc. Yet rest of the team obviously lacks the experience and has bitten off more than they can chew.
Pman must have come to his senses early in the development of the hawk with his endless stream of WW2 birds that would be developed. When I say WW2, I mean, far less coding of systems and no ejection seat which causes CTD or server crashes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4357616 - 05/16/17 10:59 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: cichlidfan]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I never said it did, did I. Might be best to read the actual post instead of what you want it to say.

I never said you said anything.... might be best to read the reply before making yourself look stupid again.

- Ice
#4357617 - 05/16/17 11:02 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

The skin is also a mint, possibly the skin artist has drawn inspiration from Tom Weiss. could use a bit of weathering around the intake cowlings, nosecone, wings etc etc.

Personally, I like the "clean" look for screenshots but want the "worn out" look for something that does actual work, like the A10 biggrin

Yet rest of the team obviously lacks the experience and has bitten off more than they can chew.

3D modelling obviously isn't the be-all and end-all when making modules smile

far less coding of systems and no ejection seat which causes CTD or server crashes.

Maybe the CTD is the game's way of telling you your pilot died in the ejection sequence? Like Goose in Top Gun....

- Ice
#4357739 - 05/16/17 10:24 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

I think the thing I find the funniest about VEAO , is that they have 9 .............. 9 projects listed ,

but the first one is an unfinished disaster

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 05/16/17 10:33 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4357769 - 05/17/17 05:24 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I hope those 9 aren't signed by ED or VEAO would be a huge blocker for those modules ever to come true.
In all I am getting less impressed by this 3rd party arrangement for each quarter that passes by.
Creating initial hype and showing high-poly models with very well done skins (most) seems the easy part but closing the deal not so much.

So, maybe it doesn't matter if VEAO blocks modules after all, no module will ever be done anyhow.

As a Viggen fanatic I am already putting the thing aside with a big yawn.

But this pre-release alphabeta process is brilliant, no you can't get refund since it is not released yet, when released you've had the module too long so you can't get a refund.

#4357813 - 05/17/17 11:42 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Ok....I am going to put this out there and let you draw your own opinions and basis.

several years back, before I began this thread, I asked Ells on the ED forums if there were 2 copies of the hawk, 1 for the consumers and one for the military contracts which VEAO mentioned they were aiming to sell Hawk for.
I said "it would make sense to delay the consumer version so that the finished military version could be shopped around before the consumers had their hands on basically what the military version had.

At the time I had the SFM, PFM was still being shopped around but not decided on before it became EFM

Ells informed me that there was only 1 version and he wanted it completed just as much as I did. There was no completed military version which I had mentioned after the initial 12 months of delay's and bugs.

Is there really only 1 version? after all these years and the bugs that are still outstanding, wouldn't it make sense if you were trying to sell a product to military contractors that you had a completed model? Any company would be a laughing stock trying to sell off a solution which was far from complete.

In the current state hawk is in, like the ejection issue for instance, would you still take it to a military expo like sounds that don't work such as the aden gun pod and really stand proud at stand C182 at the International Forum for Military Simulation (ITEC)?

Delaying the consumer version whilst shopping around a fully functioning bug free version at an "exaggerated" price vying for military contracts would make far more sense than fixing bugs in the consumer version,

Like ICE said only a few posts back along the lines of "They have your money, they don't care" which is basically the truth of the matter.

Before someone jumps the gun on me, let me add this.

Chris is not only the director of VEAO simulations but all so the Director of Porrima Simulations, Check the company Logo, look familiar?

VEAO changed their logo on the ED forums in their signatures recently, obviously they want to look like separate entities to their military simulation company Porrima.

As you can see from the post just above, 6:13, 17\5\17 on the day that Porrima are attending ITEC as listed on the Porrima website.

Now to me as a consumer, it seems I won't see a finished Hawk as the military contracts take precedence but it was the consumers who coughed up so the director could quit his day job.

[Linked Image]

#4357825 - 05/17/17 12:36 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
It's in the Our Story tab:

Porimma is a joint venture between Eventuality UK and VEAO Simulations. Our aim is to provide the future of military simulations and we derived our name from the Roman Goddess of the future.

Eventuality UK is an events management company with over 30 years of experience delivering events for the MOD and a variety of other companies, including high profile names such as Breitling Watches. It was on a Breitling job where Eventuality first expanded into the simulator market, providing a combat flight simulator. As the simulator business has grown, it has expanded into providing military spec dome screens and driving simulators with motion platforms for companies such as Jaguar, Porsche, Aviator Watches and Motorsport Magazine.

VEAO Simulations develops realistic, high quality consumer aircraft products for use in the DCS World flight simulator.
These include true-to-life clickable cockpit, flight model, damage model, weapons panels including deployment, full systems models for multi-function displays, fuel, hydraulics, engine, electrical and realistic terrain models.
Its vision is to simulate air combat operations around the world in hypothetical war theatres for use by real world or virtual pilots using the latest synthetic flight simulation software and hardware. Aircraft development to date include the BAE Hawk T.1A, Eurofighter Typhoon, classic single engine jet aircraft and classic WWII War Birds.

The two companies first came together as part of the design process for the Breitling flight simulator, with VEAO developing the Breitling Jet to use whilst they held their South East Asia tour.
As VEAO Simulations developed their portfolio further it became clear that its high quality products could be particularly beneficial to military partners around the globe.
Through the joint venture, Porimma Simulations is now actively using Eventuality’s and VEAO’s network, simulator resources and solutions to provide the high level of detail and systems compliance afforded to the market leading synthetic training solutions.

Porimma will be attending ITEC in Excel, London on 17th May on stand C182 and we hope to see many of you there.[b][/b]

Last edited by MigBuster; 05/17/17 12:36 PM.

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
#4357876 - 05/17/17 04:26 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: MigBuster]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by theOden

Wow, already? I'd have thought you'd stick with it for longer, but I can understand why...

Originally Posted by MigBuster
Porimma is a joint venture between Eventuality UK and VEAO Simulations. Our aim is to provide the future of military simulations and we derived our name from the Roman Goddess of the future.

Eventuality UK is an events management company with over 30 years of experience delivering events for the MOD and a variety of other companies, including high profile names such as Breitling Watches. It was on a Breitling job where Eventuality first expanded into the simulator market, providing a combat flight simulator. As the simulator business has grown, it has expanded into providing military spec dome screens and driving simulators with motion platforms for companies such as Jaguar, Porsche, Aviator Watches and Motorsport Magazine.
What is this "combat flight simulator" that they talk of? And then they mention driving simuators...

VEAO Simulations develops realistic, high quality consumer aircraft products for use in the DCS World flight simulator.
Either someone does not know how to speak English or they are blatantly lying. What "productSSS" are they talking about? The site only lists the Hawk, and, well, it's not exactly "high quality"... maybe it is if you're coming from Ace Combat series...

These include true-to-life clickable cockpit, flight model, damage model, weapons panels including deployment, full systems models for multi-function displays, fuel, hydraulics, engine, electrical and realistic terrain models.
Its vision is to simulate air combat operations around the world in hypothetical war theatres for use by real world or virtual pilots using the latest synthetic flight simulation software and hardware. Aircraft development to date include the BAE Hawk T.1A, Eurofighter Typhoon, classic single engine jet aircraft and classic WWII War Birds.
"weapons panels including deployment"?? "Realistic terrain models"?? Where are these things coming from? Vision is there, sure, but really, that counts for nothing in the real world until you can actually deliver. If "vision" was all that mattered, we'd all be enjoying DCS, there'll be no bug complaints, and everybody would own every module. I also LOL at "simulate air combat operations around the world in hypothetical war theatres".... did they get one of our banned members here to write this spiel?

The two companies first came together as part of the design process for the Breitling flight simulator, with VEAO developing the Breitling Jet to use whilst they held their South East Asia tour.
I'm sure there was little comment on the Breitling Jet's flight characteristics... biggrin

As VEAO Simulations developed their portfolio further it became clear that its high quality products could be particularly beneficial to military partners around the globe.
Someone in this company is not in touch with reality.

OMG!! So many lies, so many half-truths!

What does an "event management" company want to do with simulations? Just expanding their portfolio?

- Ice
#4357877 - 05/17/17 04:27 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Ok....several years back, before I began this thread, I asked Ells on the ED forums if there were 2 copies of the hawk, 1 for the consumers and one for the military contracts which VEAO mentioned they were aiming to sell Hawk for.

I strongly doubt that there are two different versions. And if you look at the current progress of the Hawk and all the existing problems, it's very likely that no one would want it. Tango's code must have been a real mess to deal with. I have to give Chris and VEAO at least some credit for trying to keep it going. But on the other hand, they've had over almost two years to try and figure it out and fix it. So the "it's ED's fault" statements are getting a little old. I hope that they will finally get it resolved because it is a nice looking module. And it would be nice to have a Western dual seat fully functional trainer.

#4357926 - 05/17/17 09:17 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: *Striker*]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by MigBuster

What is this "combat flight simulator" that they talk of? And then they mention driving simuators...

Either someone does not know how to speak English or they are blatantly lying. What "productSSS" are they talking about? The site only lists the Hawk, and, well, it's not exactly "high quality"... maybe it is if you're coming from Ace Combat series...

"weapons panels including deployment"?? "Realistic terrain models"?? Where are these things coming from? Vision is there, sure, but really, that counts for nothing in the real world until you can actually deliver. If "vision" was all that mattered, we'd all be enjoying DCS, there'll be no bug complaints, and everybody would own every module. I also LOL at "simulate air combat operations around the world in hypothetical war theatres".... did they get one of our banned members here to write this spiel?

I'm sure there was little comment on the Breitling Jet's flight characteristics... biggrin

Someone in this company is not in touch with reality.

OMG!! So many lies, so many half-truths!

What does an "event management" company want to do with simulations? Just expanding their portfolio?

Originally Posted by *Striker*
Ok....several years back, before I began this thread, I asked Ells on the ED forums if there were 2 copies of the hawk, 1 for the consumers and one for the military contracts which VEAO mentioned they were aiming to sell Hawk for.

I strongly doubt that there are two different versions. And if you look at the current progress of the Hawk and all the existing problems, it's very likely that no one would want it. Tango's code must have been a real mess to deal with. I have to give Chris and VEAO at least some credit for trying to keep it going. But on the other hand, they've had over almost two years to try and figure it out and fix it. So the "it's ED's fault" statements are getting a little old. I hope that they will finally get it resolved because it is a nice looking module. And it would be nice to have a Western dual seat fully functional trainer.

I could not have said it better myself.

#4358046 - 05/18/17 01:56 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
How many more scathing reviews of this module will be needed in order to get the Hawk up to a standard that is somewhat acceptable?
Far too many excuses have been tossed out, instead of progress. "ED did this, ED did that..." How about we got in way over our heads and cant figure out where to go.

#4358088 - 05/18/17 05:58 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: theOden]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

Originally Posted by theOden

Sorry for the slight OT, but can you elaborate on this? Is the Viggen not good?

#4358132 - 05/18/17 10:26 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I think it's more "there's nothing to do" once you've got a grasp on the systems and weapons and stuff.

Some people are into combat flight simulators to fly combat aircraft into combat. I know. Crazy, right?
Not to build missions, not to train over and over, and not to fly the same thing hoping for different triggers.

- Ice
#4358134 - 05/18/17 10:34 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: ST0RM]  
SC/JG_Oesau Offline
SC/JG_Oesau  Offline

Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by ST0RM
How many more scathing reviews of this module will be needed in order to get the Hawk up to a standard that is somewhat acceptable?
Far too many excuses have been tossed out, instead of progress. "ED did this, ED did that..." How about we got in way over our heads and cant figure out where to go.

That would be the honest answer - but doubt we'll see that.

I have no doubt that working with ED as a 3rd party developer across multiple streams (versions) is probably a nightmare with integration & regression testing being highly manual. Some of the ways in which the 3rd parties have implemented code probably isn't helping and in some cases highly susceptible to breaking with core code changes (and try and do that now across multiple streams). BUT - I still feel that in this case they really have dropped the ball in terms of providing a quality product and I will never buy another of their products unless there are many positive reviews.

All I can say is it's a real shame - I always want to support those that love our hobby...

CPU - i7-3770K @3.50Ghz, RAM - 32Gb (800Mhz), Video Card - GTX980Ti
TrackIR-4, Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Satiek Quadrant, Saitek Switch Panel, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Win 7 Home Prem 64bit
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.