Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4356262 - 05/09/17 03:06 AM Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted?  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
A Washington state contractor did not believe in the paranormal until he was hired to remodel a charming little blue house in North Tacoma that held a dark secret: notorious serial killer Ted Bundy at one time had called it 'home.'

While working on the 1,400-square-foot, four-bedroom house last year, contractor Casey Clopton said he experienced some unnerving and unexplained things that had him writing Bible verses on the walls and summoning two priests to bless the residence.

In the course of the renovation, which got under way last fall, Clopton and his crew members were said to have seen a plea for help appearing on the basement window, doors and cabinets opening seemingly on their own and heavy pieces of furniture falling over.

Clopton tells The News Tribune the person who bought the house last September with the intention to fix it up and resell it at a profit had no idea that Ted Bundy had lived there as a child with his mother, stepfather and four brothers and sisters beginning in 1955, when he was just nine years old.

Two decades later, Bundy would go on an epic four-year, 11-state killing spree, claiming at least 30 lives and eventually leading to his death in the electric chair.

Clopton, the Washington contractor, visited Bundy’s childhood home for the first time in October, taking his 11-year-old daughter along to help him take notes on the building project, but the girl burst into tears.

'She said she felt weird,' he told the News Tribune. 'She didn't like it there.'

Clopton's daughter felt so uncomfortable in the house that they left, but he returned the following week with a demolition crew, one member of which also reported feeling uneasy on the property.

As work on the house progressed, strange things started happening inside the former Bundy residence, but initially Clopton dismissed them as his workers’ macabre practical jokes.

One time, he told the paper, he and the workers unlocked the house to find every door and cabinet drawer ajar.

On another occasion, Clopton's crew were draining the flooded basement when the noticed the words 'help me' scrawled on the window. According to some accounts, Ted Bundy’s old bedroom was in the wood-paneled basement.

At a later time, the word 'leave’ was discovered written in dust on the floor of another bedroom in the house, according to Clopton, although there were no footprints around it.

Other unexplained occurrences included a heavy dresser toppling over in the upstairs hallway and the workers’ electronic devices losing power at random.

When Clopton finally learned from neighbors about the property’s dark past, he invited a pastor to come over and bless the Bundy house.

Two clergymen answered the call and went from room to room, saying blessings. They also suggested to Clopton and his crew to write Bible verses on the walls and listen the Christian music during work hours.

Despite the string of bizarre incidents, Clopton was able to complete the renovation and hand the newly painted, updated home of the infamous serial killer to real estate broker James Pitts III, who said he was shocked by its history, but also excited.

The house recently sold for $335,000, $10,000 over the list price, according to a Facebook post from Pitts.

By all accounts, Bundy never killed anyone inside the Tacoma home, although he was a suspect in the disappearance of his 8-year-old neighbor - a crime he denied years letter in a letter to the victim’s mother.

Bundy earned the dubious distinction of becoming one of the deadliest serial killers in US history who confessed to murdering more than 30 women. He was executed in 1989, aged 42, after being convicted of killing two Florida State University sorority members and a 12-year-old girl.

For years, his mother, Louise, staunchly maintained his innocence, proclaiming in 1980: 'Ted Bundy does not go around killing women and little children!'

Her support for her eldest son wavered somewhat after he made a series of death-row confessions, although in his final moments, Mrs Bundy told Ted in their very last phone conversation: ‘You'll always be my precious son.’

The name Ted Bundy is synonymous with serial killer after the shy and attractive psychology major embarked on a killing spree in the 1970s that left more than two dozen women dead. There is speculation he could be responsible for up to 100 murders.

In 1974, witnesses saw a young man, who introduced himself as Ted, approach two young women at Seattle State Park and ask for help with his sailboat. They were never seen alive again and became his first known victims.

It was in the same year that several young women disappeared from college campuses in Washington and Oregon - including a 21-year-old radio announcer called Lynda Ann Healy.

Later that year, Bundy relocated to Utah to attend law school in Salt Lake City. In November, Carol DaRonch was attacked by a man she described dressed as a police officer but escaped.

She gave the first clear description and a blood sample from her jacket. Miss DaRonch also told police that he was driving a tan VW Beetle. As Miss DaRonch was giving her statement, 17-year-old Debbie Kent disappeared.

A short time later, hikers found the bones of missing women in a Washington forest. A rough sketch was drawn - a tall, thin attractive man who approached young, white women looking for help and called himself 'Ted'.

Police also noted common factors among the victims - they were all thin and had long hair parted in the middle. All the women were targeted in the evening and bludgeoned with blunt objects. The victims had also been raped or sodomized.

At the beginning of January 1975, Caryn Campbell vanished from a Colorado ski resort. Her naked body was found a month later in a ditch by the side of the road. Five more women were founded murdered in a similar manner in the following months.

In August, police pulled Bundy over for a driving offense. When Miss DaRonch picked him out of a line-up, he was charged with attempted kidnapping.

He was sentenced in 1976 to 15 years in prison and later police connected him to the murder of Caryn Campbell.

On December 30, Bundy escaped from prison and turned up in Tallahassee, Florida renting an apartment near Florida State University under a false name.

On January 14, 1978, Bundy struck again. He broken into the Chi Omega sorority house and bludgeoned and strangled to death two women, raping one of them and viciously biting her body.

He almost murdered two others by beating them over the head with a log before a roommate interrupted his spree.

Almost a month later on February 9, Kimberly Leach, who was 12, was kidnapped and mutilated by Bundy. The serial killer was picked up a week later while driving a stolen car before witnesses placed him at both the sorority house and outside Kimberly's school.

Charged with three murders - killing the two sorority women and another Kimberly LaFouche - Bundy believed he could beat a guilty verdict and turned down a plea bargain of three life sentences. He went on trial in Florida on June 25, 1979, found guilty and sentenced to death.

Prior to his execution, Bundy gave the details of the murder sites of more than 50 women. He also said that he kept the heads of some women at his home to engage in necrophilia.

Bundy was electrocuted on January 24, 1989 at 7.13am.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reported-Ted-Bundy-s-childhood-home.html

Who you gonna call?

[Linked Image]

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't knowingly buy such a house, after experiencing similarily eerie occurrences in a townhouse I lived in as a kid. The fact that this house is located in Tacoma, the Surrey B.C. of Seattle, would probably be enough to scare me away in of itself!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4356499 - 05/09/17 10:51 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Miami, Florida - United States...
I had experienced what could be called paranormal but never had another incident since. Not that I wished either. Personally science will catch up and understand that these phenomenon relates to multidimensional realities.

Domestic Robotics - www.DomesRO.com

#4356509 - 05/09/17 11:04 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: THX-1138]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by THX-1138
I had experienced what could be called paranormal but never had another incident since. Not that I wished either. Personally science will catch up and understand that these phenomenon relates to multidimensional realities.

You do know you HAVE to tell us what it was! Seriously, if you feel you can I'd be interested.

#4356514 - 05/09/17 11:18 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Definitely. I had posted it in this forum previously. Let me look for it.....

#4356515 - 05/09/17 11:21 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Okay, here it is! I thought I posted it last year but it was almost three years ago! Enjoy:

Paranormal Experienced by THX-1138 posted on SIMHQ JULY 2014

#4356518 - 05/09/17 11:25 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Sigh.

I have been taken to a lot of supposedly haunted and "hainted" places by people who swear up and down that ghosts or poltergeists or whatever inhabit.

And nothing ever happens.

I dated a girl who was deep into that stuff and she said I had a "negative aura" that caused the paranormal to simply shut down around me. She was a real nutter for the whole cornucopia of woo-woo beliefs, and though she was a nice enough person and good in bed, I couldn't help but laugh at loud when one of her friends announced that she had just bought a crystal infused with energy from a sacred Indian spring.

This would be the final shock to her shockra, apparently, and we broke up.

The only paranormal stuff I believe in beyond the tenets of Christianity is luck. Luck is a thing. And yes, some people are luckier than others.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4356519 - 05/09/17 11:26 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
You know what, I had deja vu about what you wrote so went and searched and found it. Reading it again. I remember it was very intriguing.

#4356556 - 05/10/17 02:37 AM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Back in 2003, I awoke to a shadowy semi transparent figure leaning over and peering right into my face a few inches away. I couldn't make out any distinct features but it definitely wasn't welcome.

It sprang back as if surprised as I tried to hit it, then kind of hunched down in a corner. I turned the light on at the speed of andrenalized dump, only to find it was still there, dim but distinct, before it faded away.

Now I had had surgery the day before and still had drugs in my system, and have experienced sleep paralysis all my life, but I've never seen anything so vivid when I'm fully wake. Not sure what that was aboit, but it's hard for me to chalk it up to a waking dream.

#4356579 - 05/10/17 08:10 AM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
The scariest thing from that thread to me is still Chris' post...

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3980910/re-the-paranormal#Post3980910

#4356584 - 05/10/17 10:41 AM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
It never ceases to amaze the silly baseless things that people will believe in.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4357233 - 05/13/17 10:35 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Back in 2003, I awoke to a shadowy semi transparent figure leaning over and peering right into my face a few inches away. I couldn't make out any distinct features but it definitely wasn't welcome.

It sprang back as if surprised as I tried to hit it, then kind of hunched down in a corner. I turned the light on at the speed of andrenalized dump, only to find it was still there, dim but distinct, before it faded away.

Now I had had surgery the day before and still had drugs in my system, and have experienced sleep paralysis all my life, but I've never seen anything so vivid when I'm fully wake. Not sure what that was aboit, but it's hard for me to chalk it up to a waking dream.

i hade similar experience for 3 consecutives night about the same year ! i would wake up to feeling a presence in the middle of the night, untill one day i managed to turn and see a hallowed figure in the entrance of my room. Another weird thing that happened in all those instances was i could hear bells playing and some metalic sound as something was leaving, i asked my sister if she remember hearing any bells at night and she declined. it was very loud and not "in my head" so to speak. i was 14 at the time.

The other weird experience i had was when i was 12 by myself at home, i was watching movies,and i felt being watched, when i turned to the corridor, a humanoid tall transparent figure was there staring at me,then moved in the direction of the bathroom,the only thing that stood out about it was that i had a very visble belt thing on its waist. And the next day when i woke up by myself cos my parents went to market, i heard my name being called from my dad room....i spent the whole morning outside waiting for my parents to return.

But the most weird one i recall and not as a dream ,was a out of body experience, i felt leaving and seeing my body as i slept,so i felt like exploring and went up above my house,but the higher i got i felt a very dreadfull feeling like something was out to get me,untill some voice told me, dont go farther, return. that didnt feel like a dream at all.

#4357234 - 05/13/17 10:46 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er

#4357237 - 05/13/17 11:48 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Robbster Offline
Robbster  Offline

Calgary, Canada
All is just about power of the human mind. And pranksters.

#4357418 - 05/15/17 11:10 AM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Robbster]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Robbster
All is just about power of the human mind. And pranksters.

x2

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4357647 - 05/16/17 02:00 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I think he acted as his own defense as well if I recall correctly

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4357648 - 05/16/17 02:03 PM Re: Is Ted Bundy's childhood home haunted? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
On a related note, Hollywood is apparently making a Ted Bundy movie with Zac Efron playing Bundy. screwy

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.