Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40
#4342353 - 03/06/17 04:16 PM Re: Mission editor Beta ***** [Re: JJJ65]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted by JJJ65
I apologize I have forgotten to mention very important step to enable proper function of Wind Mod:
IMPORTANT NOTE: To avoid conflicts with WOFF stock wind generator, disable stock wind in WOFF UE Workshop.
Thank you.

Thanks, Jara, that must have been it. When I turned off Wind in Workshop I stopped seeing the contradictory messages.

This is a great new feature! smile

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4342385 - 03/06/17 05:23 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

JJJ

Yes the turbulence is a challenge at high number..I sort of enjoy that every so often during a campaign..

#4342447 - 03/06/17 10:38 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Hey Triple-J, having a blast with your ME. Because of it, it takes me twice as long to fly a mission with all the fiddling in ME beforehand. I've noticed one thing. The setting for DID HA's always defaults to ON. Is it possible for ME to remember the setting? I have to keep remembering to turn it OFF with each mission. I don't mind shooting down the same Ace again. I do mind shooting the same Ace again the next day. Would it be possible to have an additional option where the shot down HA goes to hospital for a random number of days instead of being killed off?
Question 2: would it be possible to send the wounded HA's in your squad to hospital for a few days? Say, lightly wounded - 2 days, wounded - 5 days, mortally wounded - 10 days rolleyes
And Question 3: Does ME allow for swapping planes for the rest of your squad? I couldn't figure out if it does. Well, if it does, is it possible to program an option in ME to automatically assign planes by rank? Especially for the HA's. This has always bothered me that a low ranking HA flies a better plane than a higher ranked regular pilot, or me.
And again, congrats on an excellent mod indispensable add-on for WOFF and thank you for your hard work. cheers

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4342522 - 03/07/17 11:33 AM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: Fullofit]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Thx for kudos, Fullofit. It isthe best reward for modder to know people use his mod.

Originally Posted by Fullofit
The setting for DID HA's always defaults to ON. Is it possible for ME to remember the setting?

I will sure look into it. I thought about the same.

Question 2: would it be possible to send the wounded HA's in your squad to hospital for a few days? Say, lightly wounded - 2 days, wounded - 5 days, mortally wounded - 10 days

Unfortunatelly not. All of the above is controlled and hardcoded in WOFF. It is impossible without modification to WOFF code, so, I can only recommend you to ask devs.

And Question 3: Does ME allow for swapping planes for the rest of your squad?

So far only manually. However, you can assign any plane you wish, even enemy :-). But it is valid only for edited mission and it will revert back after mission is flown. No persistent changes are possible. You will have to manually modify your flight's planes before each mission. I think of adding a scroll list of planes for easier selection. BTW, do you want to have the list of all planes or only friendly planes or only planes available to your squad at given date?

#4342581 - 03/07/17 04:15 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Personally, I would prefer only a list of planes currently available for my squadron, or at most currently available for my country.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4342691 - 03/07/17 11:17 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
JJJ65, figured putting HA's in hospital would be too much, but if ME could automatically assign planes by rank that would be awesome. I understand it would have to be done every mission, but it beats editing 10 squad members by hand. Besides if we're using ME, we're using it every time we fly a mission. So if ME can automatically assign the planes then it would pretty much feel transparent. Like BB above, I would settle for the planes available to the squad. Want to keep it historically accurate. Thanks!

#4342734 - 03/08/17 06:31 AM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
The problem is that Mission Editor does not know ranks of historical aces (it is not written/stored anywhere), so, it can not assign proper aircraft without this info. The WOFF formula is simple - if you find HA in sqaud roster, assign him the best aircraft available.
Also, ME does not store data between missions and does not know what aircraft you have assigned to your squad pilots before. The only way I can see is to assign airplanes to your pilot before each mission from drop-down menu list.

#4342790 - 03/08/17 02:31 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
The only way I can see is to assign airplanes to your pilot before each mission from drop-down menu list.

That will be a great new add, Jara!

I vote for all planes in the pilot's country to be on the pick list. Because we don't have instant transfers in WOFF, we've got to run 3 to 5 fast missions under time compression to switch a pilot from say, a DFW squad to a Hannover squad. Now I can just switch my squad out to Hannovers in your ME in a matter of minutes if I'm in the mood to fly Hannovers instead of DFWs that night.

Or, I've just flown my Camel to a friendly airfield on an errand, and I've decided to accompany an RE8 raid on my way back home. I change out my RE8 for a Camel, and I'm there! I find that I need to fly into Bray Dunes quite frequently on errands. And I often accompany an outbound RE8 raid on the way home! smile

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4342796 - 03/08/17 03:02 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
The problem is that Mission Editor does not know ranks of historical aces (it is not written/stored anywhere), so, it can not assign proper aircraft without this info.

JJJ, are you sure? I can see ranks for the HA pilots in ME. If you click on any pilot and their individual window comes up (the one with the picture) the rank is right there.

Also, ME does not store data between missions and does not know what aircraft you have assigned to your squad pilots before.

Which is fine, if ME could assign planes by rank each time, because it's not persistent, it would assign same planes to the same pilot every time, unless someone got promoted. We would just have the wrong list on the pre-flight screen in WOFF, but after ME is done with it the correct planes would be distributed to the correct ranks and flown that way in the mission itself. I can live with that. I'm just trying to get away from manual assignment and have the computer sort it out. This could be a checkbox so it happens automatically every time you open ME. If the checkbox is off, you can assign the planes from a dropdown list and only the planes to the pilots you choose or leave it as is. This way you would accommodate people who want either all planes reassigned per rank (checkbox on), or just individual pilots (checkbox off), or leave it alone for those who want to play it the way WOFF intended it.

#4342805 - 03/08/17 03:37 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: Fullofit]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
The problem is that Mission Editor does not know ranks of historical aces (it is not written/stored anywhere), so, it can not assign proper aircraft without this info.

JJJ, are you sure? I can see ranks for the HA pilots in ME. If you click on any pilot and their individual window comes up (the one with the picture) the rank is right there.

This is not current rank but rank at the end of war/carrier. Just compare it with the rank inside WOFF.

Also, ME does not store data between missions and does not know what aircraft you have assigned to your squad pilots before.

Which is fine, if ME could assign planes by rank each time, because it's not persistent, it would assign same planes to the same pilot every time, unless someone got promoted. We would just have the wrong list on the pre-flight screen in WOFF, but after ME is done with it the correct planes would be distributed to the correct ranks and flown that way in the mission itself. I can live with that. I'm just trying to get away from manual assignment and have the computer sort it out. This could be a checkbox so it happens automatically every time you open ME. If the checkbox is off, you can assign the planes from a dropdown list and only the planes to the pilots you choose or leave it as is. This way you would accommodate people who want either all planes reassigned per rank (checkbox on), or just individual pilots (checkbox off), or leave it alone for those who want to play it the way WOFF intended it.

Now just give me some universal formula, pls - what plane to what rank (for all nations, ranks and planes)? It is not so easy as it seems.

#4342832 - 03/08/17 05:07 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
This is not current rank but rank at the end of war/carrier. Just compare it with the rank inside WOFF.

That sux. It won't work then.

Now just give me some universal formula, pls - what plane to what rank (for all nations, ranks and planes)? It is not so easy as it seems.

WOFF assigns planes to regular pilot (and no need to fiddle with these, as they get assigned correct planes) on a 3-tier basis:

Tier 1 for highest ranks
Tier 2 for middle ranks
Tier 3 for lowest ranks

Ranks are divided thus:

Britain (RFC)
Sergeant - 3
2nd Lieutenant - 2
Lieutenant - 2
Captain - 1
Major - 1

Britain (RNAS)
Flight Sub-Lieutenant - 3
Flight Lieutenant - 2
Flight Commander - 1
Squadron Commander - 1

France
Caporal - 3
Sergent - 3
Adjutant - 2
Sous Lieutenant - 2
Lieutenant - 1
Capitaine - 1

Germany
Flieger - 3
Gefreiter - 3
Unteroffizier - 3
Feldwebel - 2
Vizefeldwebel - 2
Offizierstellvertreter - 2
Leutnant - 2
Hauptmann - 1
Rittmeister - 1

But it all matters not, since you can't extract the ranks from the HA's and these are the ones that need their plane assignments revised.

#4342861 - 03/08/17 06:43 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Thx for algoritm, Fullofit. It is pitty we can not use it in editor.
WOFF assigns ranks to HA according to some formula either - it probably looks for current campaign/mission date and compares it with aces final rank at the end of carrier/war . Now "just" to create proper formula for it wink

#4348059 - 03/31/17 12:06 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Hi everyone,
i have been playing woff for a month or 2 now and all has been working well.
I read about this mission editor and was interested to give it a try.
Followed install instructions and the editor works and I can open the missions in the scenario folder without any problems.
But when i trie to open the woff campaign mission file the ME keeps on hanging on loading mission file.
Anyone else had this problem?
Greetings from a Belgian WOFF'er !

#4348060 - 03/31/17 12:11 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: Hermani]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Hello Hermani,
can you send me your campaign mission file that caused ME hang up and MissionEditor.log file located in your Mission Editor folder, pls? I will look into it and try to find the source of your problem.

#4348062 - 03/31/17 12:28 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Thx for quick reply JJJ65
I am looking for a way to send you the files, can i add them in a private message?
Sorry i am a total forum noob :-)

I do not seem to find the logfile you are asking , is it in the main ME folder or in the lib subfolder?

#4348063 - 03/31/17 12:33 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
You must upload them on the web and send me a link for download.
MissionEditor.log file is located in the main ME folder.
BTW, what version of ME you have?

Check your PM, pls.

#4348067 - 03/31/17 12:38 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
I use the latest version mentioned in the first post.
Found the log file looking to upload them now .

#4348074 - 03/31/17 12:58 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
I have checked your files and It seems you did not set Windows regional settings to English (ref. to WOFF FAQ) and your decimal point is "," instead "." .
Change your Windows regional settings to English, pls, rerun WOFF UE, create campaign mission and open mission file in Mission Editor. Now it should load properly.
If no, resent me your new files.
Jara

#4348078 - 03/31/17 01:45 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Hey Jara,
this solved the problem indeed!
Thx for looking in to it so quickly!
I'm truly amazed of the possiblities that your ME mod offers this expands the sim massively.
I'm currently flying a campaign with Esc N38 in December 1916.
Almost every mission i have to protect A flight that are flying Nieuport 12 planes.
The Nieuport 12's cannot reach the form up waypoint altitude because it is set too high so they cant fulfill their mission.
Now with your mod i can adress this problem with lowering the altitude of the form up waypoint.
Thank you very much!
Greetings Dieter

#4348079 - 03/31/17 01:51 PM Re: Mission editor Beta [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
I am glad it works for you and you like it, Dieter.

Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.