Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
#4514841 - 04/05/20 07:39 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
hmm.....

The final version of the fuel consumption spreadsheet was uploaded in November 2019. Since then, I'm guessing that OBD's patches had tweaks to either the flight models or code. So far, each plane I've tested has the fuel consumption slightly off by around 20 to 30 minutes.

I'm guessing it's a uniform change and I'll try to adjust each value to around 0.5 less and see if that works.

#4514843 - 04/05/20 08:08 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Sorry guys, I am too late for this feat. Anyway, I am ready to update the Multimod, but, regarding to the latest orbyxP news, I will wait for his updated version of csv fuel consumption file.

#4514846 - 04/05/20 08:15 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
Originally Posted by JJJ65
You do not need JDK, Dirk98, it is for software development. You should have installed Java RTE (Run Time Enviroment). So, uninstall Java completely (JDK and RTE) first and then install only Java RTE 64bit. Then verify your correct installation on Java web pages (for example here ).

Thank you very much, JJJ65, that has worked!

Cheers,

#4514847 - 04/05/20 08:17 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: Dirk98]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by Dirk98
Originally Posted by JJJ65
You do not need JDK, Dirk98, it is for software development. You should have installed Java RTE (Run Time Enviroment). So, uninstall Java completely (JDK and RTE) first and then install only Java RTE 64bit. Then verify your correct installation on Java web pages (for example here ).

Thank you very much, JJJ65, that has worked!

Cheers,

I am glad it worked for you. Thx for feedback.

#4514848 - 04/05/20 08:20 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
What are the recommendations for AAA rate of fire/dispersion? There are no tips.

Thanks.

PS: and what Rear guns accuracy do you usually use (2-9)?

Last edited by Dirk98; 04/05/20 08:36 PM.
#4514872 - 04/05/20 10:40 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
With dispersion 3 (vs 1) is it harder to shoot an enemy? Why this tweak was introduced vs the stock values at all?

Thanks.

#4514881 - 04/05/20 11:39 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@ Dirk98

Here are some of the representative settings that I use in the MultiMod (ver. 2.1, latest ver.):

VonS MultiMod Settings (often used in the "casual campaigns" thread); also available on p.2 of the campaigns thread.

"AAA - decreased dispersion," when selected, gives greater accuracy of archie fire/flak.

I have "rear gun accuracy" set to a value of 4.5 - seems to give a good, realistic balance, when combined with the "AI guns shooting range" set to 300. Also good is gun accuracy of about 4, and AI shooting range reduced to about 250, etc.

The regular entry for "gun dispersion" is for your own gun - lower values give greater accuracy, higher values give less accuracy (wider dispersion).

Tweak wind values to taste - I've found realistic results (on my rig) with vertical wind set to low, horizontal and turbulence to medium. Also good is to try out vertical low, horizontal default, turbulence medium (I might try that out in the future).

For "aircraft stress damage" values, I recommend leaving them at stock if running my FM mods - if running stock FM in WOFF, perhaps increase those values slightly, as indicated in the pic, for a bit more robustness (makes you competitive with the AI).

Further down in the list, not visible in the pic., is OrbyxP's "realistic fuel consumption" mod. - use as per taste - I will tinker with the relevant fuel values in that mod, before checking it out on my rig. If you are running my tweaked FMs, ave. fuel consumption rates are already set at values between about 1.3 and 1.8 in them - depending on engine size/power. In that case I recommend setting your max. fuel to "80%," in the WOFF sim menu - for good realism. Works well enough.

I'm sure more of our WOFF flyers can pitch in with more advice.

Happy flying,
Von S smile

Last edited by VonS; 04/06/20 12:39 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4514885 - 04/06/20 12:34 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: orbyxP]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by orbyxP
hmm.....

The final version of the fuel consumption spreadsheet was uploaded in November 2019. Since then, I'm guessing that OBD's patches had tweaks to either the flight models or code. So far, each plane I've tested has the fuel consumption slightly off by around 20 to 30 minutes.

I'm guessing it's a uniform change and I'll try to adjust each value to around 0.5 less and see if that works.

Hi Orbyx,

As far as I know the stock FMs have not received any changes in WOFF over the last several months - although, perhaps, the latest patch ver. 5.04 changes some underlying code?? - and that puts your previous fuel consumption values on the more "thirsty" side of the spectrum...thinking out loud here.

For the record, I am still on patch 5.03 of WOFFpe - I tend to go easy with my upgrade routines - both for computers and programs - will get eventually to patching up WOFF, or will possibly wait for a ver. 5.05 as is usually my habit. smile

Von S

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4514896 - 04/06/20 02:09 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Also, there is another setting in each two-seater xdp file where you can adjust the turn rate of the observer.

The "RateLimit=" mimics the g-forces that are applied to an observer. You can replace it with a very low number or a very high number:

(1) a very low number will force the observer to slowly turn (e.g. highly maneuverable two-seaters during a dogfight) or

(2) a very high number will force the observer to quickly turn (e.g. two-seaters that fly straight and level during a dogfight)

For example, lowering the rate limit to a "6" in the highly maneuverable two seaters like the Roland gave me a chance to shoot it down much easier while my aircraft sustained only light damage. In the less maneuverable two-seater like the Aviatik, raising the rate limit to "360" gave his observer an opportunity to damage my plane and cause a fuel leak before I shot it down.

Last edited by orbyxP; 04/06/20 02:32 AM.
#4514897 - 04/06/20 02:23 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: VonS]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Originally Posted by VonS

Further down in the list, not visible in the pic., is OrbyxP's "realistic fuel consumption" mod. - use as per taste - I will tinker with the relevant fuel values in that mod, before checking it out on my rig. If you are running my tweaked FMs, ave. fuel consumption rates are already set at values between about 1.3 and 1.8 in them - depending on engine size/power. In that case I recommend setting your max. fuel to "80%," in the WOFF sim menu - for good realism. Works well enough.

One problem with that approach is that the DH4 and Gotha are 3 hrs in default WOFF. Adding a 1.3/1.8 will unrealistically handicap those aircraft when they should be flying 5 plus hours. On the flip side, some aircraft like the strutter and the bristol scout are at 5 hrs and 6 hrs in default WOFF, respectively. The DVII is at 4 hours in default WOFF. Adding 1.3/1.8 is not enough of a value to get them within their historical limits.

Also, reducing the fuel load to 80% might not be enough or too much for the same reasons as before. As well as giving the aircraft an artificial advantage of being lighter in weight at the middle of a mission.

Last edited by orbyxP; 04/06/20 02:27 AM.
#4514903 - 04/06/20 03:06 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: orbyxP]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by orbyxP
One problem with that approach is that the DH4 and Gotha are 3 hrs in default WOFF. Adding a 1.3/1.8 will unrealistically handicap those aircraft when they should be flying 5 plus hours. On the flip side, some aircraft like the strutter and the bristol scout are at 5 hrs and 6 hrs in default WOFF, respectively. The DVII is at 4 hours in default WOFF. Adding 1.3/1.8 is not enough of a value to get them within their historical limits. Also, reducing the fuel load to 80% might not be enough or too much for the same reasons as before. As well as giving the aircraft an artificial advantage of being lighter in weight at the middle of a mission.

This is indeed true - I've therefore stuck largely to modifying the FMs for single-seat scouts only, for my little FM packages - there, from what I've been able to observe in the campaigns, nothing strange happens with the fuel consumption rates (on ave. I get about 2 hrs. max, with the "80% fuel limit" also used in the main sim menu).

In terms of the Bristol Scout, I've set the fuel consumption rate (in my Type C tweak) to 1.4 - and it seems to give about 2 hrs. max flight that way - this leads me to believe that your assumption may be correct and that something changed from the ver. 5.03 to the 5.04 patches regarding fuel consumption. Perhaps the changes happened even earlier - I doubt that I could get more than a 3 hrs. flight with the Bristol Scout even at stock FM settings.

In terms of hogging along less fuel and being given a slight advantage in flight - I don't have any research before me at the moment - but it may be possible that some pilots did this in WW1 (to manipulate center of gravity, performance, etc.) - possibly determined also by the ave. length of any given mission.

Stimulating thread gents' - I look forward to more developments regarding the MultiMod and look forward to trying out the latest fuel consumption mod. as well.

Von S smile

#4515078 - 04/07/20 07:52 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: VonS]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
@ Dirk98

Here are some of the representative settings that I use in the MultiMod (ver. 2.1, latest ver.):

VonS, your MM settings work very well, I like them exactly as you set them.

Thanks!

#4515196 - 04/07/20 08:28 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi guys does anybody have a upto date chart with the fuel levels that I could try whilst waiting for the updated multimod from Jara?

Thanks in advance

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4515236 - 04/07/20 10:56 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: Dirk98]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Dirk98
VonS, your MM settings work very well, I like them exactly as you set them.

Thanks!

Pleased to hear that Dirk. I've found that those settings give me the best "realism" approximation in WOFF - also forgot to mention that I have selected the "disable flak when plane on ground" option (to stop archie from taking shots at landed aircraft).

The only other thing I'll tinker with further in that MultiMod is the fuel setting in the OrbyxP patch (although I'm for now using the approximations I have included in my FM tweaks - and they seem to work well enough, giving about 2 hrs. max. flight for most of my one-seater scouts, with as well the 80% fuel limit selected in the WOFF menu, to up performance further as per rascally WW1 pilots that are always looking to get an edge over the enemy wink ).

I might also try horizontal winds at the default/full WOFF settings too - in one of my future campaign flights - to compare with horizontal wind at moderate (but will leave turbulence at moderate, and vertical winds at low - this gives me the best "feeling of flight" in WOFF, and is then comparable to my FM tweaks for FE2).

@ Adger, I think that Buckeye has a copy of the latest numbers that Orbyx recommended to include in the fuel consumption file - might be worth a shot to PM Buckeye regarding latest tweaks in the fuel consumption patch.

Happy flying all,
Von S smile

#4515253 - 04/08/20 12:36 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
The only updates I have were for the EII and EIII. Nothing on the Albs or any other plane, as of now. I'm sure Jara is working hard along with OrbyxP to update the whole file.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4515255 - 04/08/20 12:59 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@ Adger, I think that Buckeye has a copy of the latest numbers that Orbyx recommended to include in the fuel consumption file - might be worth a shot to PM Buckeye regarding latest tweaks in the fuel consumption patch.

Happy flying all,
Von S smile

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
The only updates I have were for the EII and EIII. Nothing on the Albs or any other plane, as of now. I'm sure Jara is working hard along with OrbyxP to update the whole file.

Thanks for the reply gents,il wait with anticipation to what goodies Jara and OrbyxP bring us.

We will remember them.
#4515265 - 04/08/20 03:12 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Thank you for your patience.... I was able to do spot checks on a few planes as my time allowed. I discovered that there is a uniform reduction of about 0.4 to each aircraft I tested.

However, I've decided to remove the planes that only deviate about 20 minutes or less from historical data.

I've listed below the few remaining aircraft with an endurance which deviated greater than 30 minutes.

You can go into the csv file of the multimod and fix the numbers to the "corrected" values listed below. You can remove the rest of the planes from the csv file. So, that you're left with only 20 rows of planes. Any feedback is always welcome and I will be glad to test again, time permitting. I can upload the corrected csv file by this weekend for JJJ to update his multimod.... unless someone does it, that's ok with me.

Edit: csv file uploaded here .

Attached Files Untitled.jpg
Last edited by orbyxP; 04/12/20 12:20 AM. Reason: upload csv file
#4515267 - 04/08/20 03:52 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Danke, OrbyxP.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4515284 - 04/08/20 11:23 AM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thank you orbyxP

We will remember them.
#4515830 - 04/11/20 04:20 PM Re: WOFF UE Multimod [Re: JJJ65]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Hallo,

short question:
Is it possible to safe the pilot-seat-position with this mod? You can change and safe the zoom-factor, that's good. But I have recogniced in some aeroplanes (Albatros DIII Early fore example), that the pilot sits too high a little bit. I can change it, but I cant' safe the change. Do you know how, maybe with this mod?

Thanks for answer!

Last edited by Becker01; 04/11/20 04:20 PM.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.