Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted by Plainsman
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Pricey... but nice.

The Wife Unit will let you live? It's kinda fun to see your journey from sceptical gun try-out to actually buying one.

The Wife unit is coming around. She refuses to go to the range herself, but I signed up my two daughters for a Women Only Handgun 101 class and she didn't object! I told her I was going to sign up for a rifle class and she didn't object! When I came home from the range last week, she asked me if I had bought a gun. She didn't seem alarmed or about to go ballistic. She was very calm. I said 'no' and her expression didn't change. I think she's where I need her to be right now. I'm just going to buy one and bring it home. All I need to figure out is how to store this thing safely. We don't have any young kids, nor are we visited by young kids, but you never know. I don't know anything about gun safes. Some seem as flimsy as metal file cabinets.

My fiance is taking a gun course at SIG this Sunday, she's taking it with another girl she's friends with. Sig is right up the street, I pass it every night and see the local PD coming out of there everyday. She's shot a few guns with me at a ranger before I bought my Glock 19, it's too big for her. Once she's taken this course she'll be getting a gun of her own.

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4346455 - 03/24/17 03:38 AM Re: It's Finally Here! [Re: Top Gun]  
Plainsman Offline
Plainsman  Offline

Vikings Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by Top Gun
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Pricey... but nice.

The Wife Unit will let you live? It's kinda fun to see your journey from sceptical gun try-out to actually buying one.

The Wife unit is coming around. She refuses to go to the range herself, but I signed up my two daughters for a Women Only Handgun 101 class and she didn't object! I told her I was going to sign up for a rifle class and she didn't object! When I came home from the range last week, she asked me if I had bought a gun. She didn't seem alarmed or about to go ballistic. She was very calm. I said 'no' and her expression didn't change. I think she's where I need her to be right now. I'm just going to buy one and bring it home. All I need to figure out is how to store this thing safely. We don't have any young kids, nor are we visited by young kids, but you never know. I don't know anything about gun safes. Some seem as flimsy as metal file cabinets.

My fiance is taking a gun course at SIG this Sunday, she's taking it with another girl she's friends with. Sig is right up the street, I pass it every night and see the local PD coming out of there everyday. She's shot a few guns with me at a ranger before I bought my Glock 19, it's too big for her. Once she's taken this course she'll be getting a gun of her own.

My strategy to win over the wife unit is to use our daughters. Once they complete the Handgun 101 for Women, they'll convince their mom and I'm finally home free.
ll

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

#4346456 - 03/24/17 03:42 AM Re: It's Finally Here! [Re: Bill_Grant]  
Plainsman Offline
Plainsman  Offline

Vikings Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant

That is excellent. I think it is great that you can have your two daughters learn how to shoot.
As for the Wife, I suggest that you start her with a .22 pistol
Super fun, easy to shoot, excellent gun to learn on. Builds confidence.

Storage: Well you can get a desk drawer type safe for $80--100. These are the biometric or keyed lock style boxes.
But OG will tell you that you need a Gun Safe. Now you tell the Wife you need a .... Safe. So you can put your valuables, important documents, passports, and oh yeah guns in it. wink
Seriously, if you are just wanting to keep people away from it, the steel gun cabinets are fine. I you want to protect the guns, then a real safe is needed. Costco usually has some decent starter safes (18 gun) for about $500
So what you are telling me is that you shoot the PX4 really well. Then you should try to rent the Compact. That could seal the deal for you. Remember when you buy a gun, they usually will NOT take it back. So be sure you get the one you want and are comfortable with it.
Then go shoot a FiveSeven pistol. winkngrin

Didn't you shoot the AR rifle? Are you going to get one?

I did shoot an AR 15. For about 30 minutes. It was a private lesson at a range. My instructor was a lady. I was shocked by how easy it was for a total newbie to hit dead center with that thing. No wonder they call it "America's gun." But I can't even consider one of those until I break the ice with the wife and bring home my first pistol.

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.