Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4343560 - 03/10/17 10:34 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Hi Kaboki,welcome to the forum. Be careful by-passing the swear filter. Although you are fine to voice your displeasure about all things DCS here without censorship or the risk of a ban,repeated use of swear words may get you a warning. Other than that,carry on salute

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4343563 - 03/10/17 10:52 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: Chucky]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted by Chucky
Hi Kaboki,welcome to the forum. Be careful by-passing the swear filter. Although you are fine to voice your displeasure about all things DCS here without censorship or the risk of a ban,repeated use of swear words may get you a warning. Other than that,carry on salute

Well put...and I agree.

Welcome aboard
wink

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4343565 - 03/10/17 10:59 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: Force10]  
kaboki Offline
kaboki  Offline

Originally Posted by Force10
Originally Posted by Chucky

Well put...and I agree.

Welcome aboard
wink

Sorry, was just annoyed that sh.... is even a swear word, I'll stop doing it from now on... sorry for the inconvinience..

#4343569 - 03/10/17 11:13 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Richardg Offline
Richardg  Offline

Dont care, I'm not buying.

ED AI will never be able to put 100 B17's flying in formation, with a couple squadrons attacking and defending that formation. Thats what WW2 was, and they're never gonna be able to squeeze that out of their engine.
(remember EAW anyone?)

#4343571 - 03/10/17 11:18 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Ha! I use that word so much it's now just an adjective. There's "bad" then there's "Sierra-bad"... or like good -> better -> best -> "this thing's the S!!"

Welcome aboard kaboki! I suggest you start a thread detailing your ED adventures that brought you here and why you're posting here. That way, you can just like to it when questioned by the Pro-ED fellas in this forum. smile

Originally Posted by Johnny_Redd
Well we don't know that for sure. Don't forget they're redoing the Caucasus for the new engine. Whose to say they wont be selling the assets for that theatre once they unify everything? Once they see how many folk are willing to pay for this stuff who knows what's going to happen.

I'm just waiting for them to pull another Black Shark 2 stunt. "We originally planned to release this for free but since we put so much work into it, you'll now have to pay for it instead!"

- Ice
#4343577 - 03/10/17 11:37 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: Genbrien]  
JakeR Offline
JakeR  Offline

Originally Posted by Genbrien
Originally Posted by ricnunes
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx

In a fair business model you would get the base software (which includes AI) then a map with a given campaign, and if you want to you can buy new maps/missions (which is where DEVS used to milk, by producing). Are you that blind/fanboy to not see where this is heading to? Base software with nothing and then you have to pay for anything.

I'm done... for me ED can shut their door. I said goodbye to many games due to abusive business practice and ED will not be an exception....DCS in overall is not that great and if you add this i see no point to given them even a penny!

+1

I fully agree with every word you said!

Am at the point that I'm not even sure I'll buy the F-18....
Havent touched the sim in nearly a year and seeing how things are going I've some big doubts for the future...

I will get the F14 / F18 and the carrier DLC for 29.99 LOL

Do you think the reason behind holding off on the F18 is because this would slow down sales across the board? I mean the Viggen and Normandy would suffer in sales if the F14 or F18 was out now. These are potentially career sim aircraft that you could spend most of your time in. So much to learn and to stay proficient in. Harrier would be fun too.

The rest except for the choppers, I'm not that interested in so will wait and play BMS for now and use DCS for the choppers.

Welcome kaboki
Try taking a break from DCS for a bit kaboki, I'm getting back into BMS after reading this cool essay by DBond My Falcon Odyssey

#4343595 - 03/11/17 01:11 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
nadal Offline
nadal  Offline

I'm more worrying about how ED is really doing than the complication, tbh.

They sounded like they are busy with military contract but as it is, ED is in hand-to-mouth operation?

#4343613 - 03/11/17 04:09 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: nadal]  
JakeR Offline
JakeR  Offline

Originally Posted by nadal
I'm more worrying about how ED is really doing than the complication, tbh.

They sounded like they are busy with the military contract but as it is, ED is in hand-to-mouth operation?

I don't think they're a hand-to-mouth operation, I think they are a bit stuck with the workload and not being able to knock it back?

I was after some thoughts of others have here about what they think of this dilemma, that ED seems to be having with the conflicting contracts over the years that do hurt the consumer side of things, these contract that do need to be on time on and budget and to a very high accurate detail level and would be worth? I'll throw out 500,000 here for a guess with a map, this would definitely come first, right? Before the consumer side when this sort of revenue is on the table. Plus they wouldn’t want to look bad here in that market place, well it’s their main revenue market, for now. It would be hard to turn down any of these contracts or you might miss out if more come down the track from that client.

We all want ED and The Fighter collection to succeed in their endeavor and hope they can juggle all this and stay in business and keep everyone somewhat happy, it will just take longer than we would like it to take on the consumer side, damn it. They need to somehow even out this commitment to big contracts and to the sim consumer side. They need a dedicated team just for the consumer side, you would think there would be enough turnover on the consumer side to have one now. I see it as being something like 70 / 30. 70 being the commercial sim and mil contracts.

It makes sense to me for commercial companies and the military is investing more into training simulations like they did for the A-10A to A-10C training, seeing that it's around 18,000 an hour to maintain the A10 and 41,000 for the F15C. http://nation.time.com/2013/04/02/costly-flight-hours/

#4343623 - 03/11/17 08:54 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I believe that ED don't really have a roadmap for their desktop products at all. Their commercial/military contracts drive everything in their business and the desktop environment is just reactive to that.

I think that ED's real objective was to make easy profit by making minimal changes to their commercial products where possible however they have completely underestimated the task at hand and together with their complete ineptitude and incompetence are now stuck with a busines model that is reactive to their commercial arm but stuck in a rut they cannot get out of where their commercial products absolutely come first meaning resources are prioritised to the detriment of anything and everything for the desktop stuff. This would also explain their random choice of aircraft to form the 'world' and I wouldn't be surprised if their primary goal of creating switchology simulators is the reason why there has veen little attempt at creating time-period assets until recently..

I wouldn't be surprised if shockers like the 3 dev branches are a knock-on effect from changes in the commercial products that ED are trying to align with the desktop products. Multiple changes means it has spiralled out of control and with minimal resources they are literally years behind schedule with every proposed module they are working on.

I've said it a million times on this forum but its so frustrating because when ED actually 'release' products you can see the potential for greatness however it willl probably bever be realised and if it is, its almost guaranteed not to be in our lifetime.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4343624 - 03/11/17 09:06 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
For now the bundle is at same price as we expected the map to be.

In the future... in multiplayer there will be problems. What if others release other maps with other ground units? You will have to own several maps and asssets types to join a server or will have to stay out.

But is clear that ED is simply trying to gain money through different ways. To be observed the word "trying". If people complain and pay... then it might work. I am sure if ED sees it's not working they will change the things. Everything is subject to it...

#4343628 - 03/11/17 10:07 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: zaelu]  
JakeR Offline
JakeR  Offline

Originally Posted by zaelu
For now the bundle is at same price as we expected the map to be.

In the future... in multiplayer there will be problems. What if others release other maps with other ground units? You will have to own several maps and asssets types to join a server or will have to stay out.

But is clear that ED is simply trying to gain money through different ways. To be observed the word "trying". If people complain and pay... then it might work. I am sure if ED sees it's not working they will change the things. Everything is subject to it...

Some big discussions going on over at the ED forums about this, from both sides and from reputable members too.

Originally Posted by quote

Every body has the ability to choose what they want to do--with regards to which DCS modules they purchase from ED. With that freedom comes also a responsibility.

The players will have the choice and responsibility to decide, whether they buy the WWII Assets Pack, or not. THEY HAVE IT, not ED, not mission makers, not MP-Hosters -- the players.

All those who couldn't contain their knee-jerk reaction and resist going on rants about ED giving the players a choice, blamed ED of shortsightedness, accused ED for fragmenting the community, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Your accusations target the community equally--actually, even more than ED--with the charge of being so irrational that many would rather quit playing on WWII-MP-Servers that will be utilizing the WWII Assets Pack than make a separate purchase to attain it. The accusers then go on to claim, if the Normandy Map and the WWII Assets Pack were only offered as a bundle for the same price as their single prices combined (no difference in cost), that nobody would have a problem with that... really?

I don't think anything but a very small, very marginal part of the DCS WWII-Community can be represented like this. The excitement with the coming release has been high indeed. I would wager to says that the cases of those who buy the Normandy map, but not the Assets Pack, will be countable on one hand, or they will not be interested in joining a WWII-MP-Server using the Asset Pack at all. They maybe interested in an aerobatics server using the Normandy map, but that would have need for the WWII Assets anyway, so there will be no conflict.

But you will have a chance to prove me wrong, probably around early May.

It seems you totally missed the point most of us where trying to make. It's not about the price. They deserve that amount of money for their good work. It's also not about eh WWII Normandy map or assets. It's about the future where we will have 10 maps and 10 asset packs and about new people joining. And after playing DCS World free they have to cash out the jackpot to fly Campaigns, single missions and to play on the most popular servers cause they use some or all extra maps and DLC assets. And the people that are not so fortunate to go out and buy all the MAPS and assets DLC's and they actually have to choose what they want and maybe not want. But with making that choice they also choose at that moment with who they will play and not play. I think a nice direction would be that anybody with a plane should be able to play anything the others are playing as well. Off course this will never be entirely possible. But there is a fear that that something like that might happen. And that fear is not totally unfounded.
We are not being #%&*$# or ungrateful and we should certainly not be ashamed to ask questions in a polite way. Otherwise just make a forum where you can not respond and just like on Facebook only can give thumbs up.
There always will be irrational questions and demand... Just state facts and or a well founded opinion, and if they not listen just ignore them.

I already got the answers so i wont be adding more to this discussion. Now i have to go choose what WWII plane i want to buy cause i will buy Normandy and assets for sure.

The Thread

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN

At least 2,355 people will have the map and units on release, seems like a decent start for a niche market.

Is that some insight into how many units have been sold already? 113,016.45

edit
I have to add these because it's just too funny to leave out, hehe

Wishlist thread

OK, so despite a lot of controversy within the community about the whole direction with ASSET PACKS, it looks like that model is here to stay.

So what will the next asset pack be, or what asset pack do you wish for?

Im looking forward to the see the following ASSETS after 2.5:

AWACS, GCI and ATC bundle.
Weather with Rain on canopy.
Garmin GPS and Navigation pack.
Weapons PFM bundle. A/A and AG with more realistic damage.
Navy Pack / Carrier Ops.

It will break my piggybank for sure, but oh well.. Got to spend a bit on my hobby too

Originally Posted by answer

Don't forget airfield use, fuel cost and ordnance costs it can be done so that the fuel and weapons can be obtained as in-app purchases before the takeoff biggrin

Wishlist thread
SiThSpAwN wasn't happy about the thread if you read it lol.

#4343645 - 03/11/17 01:30 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: Paradaz]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
Originally Posted by kaboki
Yeah, I also made the mistake of buying NTTR, and the map quality seems too get worse every patch, also right now I cant even take off with my mirage 2000, because after takeoff its just goes out of control for no apparent reason. Yeah and the overall photo scenery sucks, i can even mod my old FSX too look a million times better. Their reason for not having better photo scenery was that they didn't want the download file to get too big, for me the bigger the better because then i know they would have had alot better quality photo scenery, not this low detail s.h.i.t we got now. And yeah, the waiting that never ends, how hard can it be too make a map, small scenery devs in FSX can make scenery alot faster even with just 1 guy doing all the work..

But i guess they can do probably whatever they want, even if unpopular, because they have no competition in the market, they know that all combat simmers will gather around their product like flies on a fresh pile of s.h.i.t

Yeah!, couldnt agree more with you mate! thumbsup ... pretty much all the aircrafts are broken right now (yesterday I noticed the A-10C auto pilot was behaving like crazy i.e.) so who knows how many time are we going to wait until they feel its time to START fixing things, at least it hasnt been the case for the last few months and even yesterday, after a week of the biggest disaster...no patch at all?¿?¿?¿?¿? hahaha , Oh!, wait, but they started the pre-purchase time of a newer map so everything is fine and we all are happy!!! yeah who cares about things being bugged for months???? they already have our money.

About the photo scenery, thats exactly what I think about it, whats the point doing a photo scenery if the quality of the images is utterly low???as you said there are many other products with this kind of tech looking miillions times better, hell, you cant even look in the distance and recognize where are you looking due to the extremely blurry texture quality, in 2017, WTF?¿?¿? and as you said, the excuse they gave is just hilarious. Whats the excuse for the mesh quality????also file size?? biggrin for a damn map this size, and specially this price it should look absolutelly stunning!! and it not only is "far" from perfection, but they didnt even managed to make all the damn map inside their own boundaries to look at the same level of quality!!!!!!!!!!! rofl , I mean, I couldnt believe when I read that "not all places have the same level of quality"?¿?¿? what?? ...I guess with "not all places" they mean the 99% of the map and with "quality" they mean that 99% of the map is even a bigger crap than the other 1%.

Why so many years for this??...I think its clear...because they were doing other things. I cant believe a "professional" team of workers could need nearly the time ED needed (years) to achieve this:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is maxed out settings, 16.000ft and well inside the map "quality limits"...and then you find lots of people talking about how good performance of NTTR is rofl (when doing this screens, my gtx 1070 OC'd usage was like 25% so not sure the quality/performance ratio is that good)...what a joke!!

And what about the "expansion" patch??:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

there you have!!! thumbsup TOP quality product!...look at all that fine work!!!... it just looks real, details are amazing!!

Cmon ED!, seriously?? all this time at 60$ for this??and not even seasons?? eek2 ...starway/barthek would have done a million times better job in a few hours.

So, talking about normandy again, I would safely bet , it will follow the same trail as NTTR...think about it, we havent seen a sxxt! and people have already pre-purchased the map, in a few days they will have well recover the investment and then they will move to the next "never ending" project in the list to put it in pre-purchase state and so the wheel can continue spinning.

Originally Posted by Paradaz
I believe that ED don't really have a roadmap for their desktop products at all. Their commercial/military contracts drive everything in their business and the desktop environment is just reactive to that.

I think that ED's real objective was to make easy profit by making minimal changes to their commercial products where possible however they have completely underestimated the task at hand and together with their complete ineptitude and incompetence are now stuck with a busines model that is reactive to their commercial arm but stuck in a rut they cannot get out of where their commercial products absolutely come first meaning resources are prioritised to the detriment of anything and everything for the desktop stuff. This would also explain their random choice of aircraft to form the 'world' and I wouldn't be surprised if their primary goal of creating switchology simulators is the reason why there has veen little attempt at creating time-period assets until recently..

I wouldn't be surprised if shockers like the 3 dev branches are a knock-on effect from changes in the commercial products that ED are trying to align with the desktop products. Multiple changes means it has spiralled out of control and with minimal resources they are literally years behind schedule with every proposed module they are working on.

I've said it a million times on this forum but its so frustrating because when ED actually 'release' products you can see the potential for greatness however it willl probably bever be realised and if it is, its almost guaranteed not to be in our lifetime.

+1

ED is too coward to only focus on military sim products but at the same time too greedy to leave commercial sim market...so they pretend to be "working for us" when they spend 99% of their time working for military side of the coin.

Last edited by watermanpc; 03/11/17 01:35 PM.

i7 6700K/// Z170X-UD3 /// GB GTX 1070G1 /// 16Gb@2800 /// SSD + 1Tb Barracuda x2 (DCS here) /// NOX Hummer M750 /// HOTAS WartHog /// DIY IR Clip+Opentrack+PS3 EYE 60-120fps /// Win10 pro 64

#4343665 - 03/11/17 02:33 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
@Watermanpc

Where are all of your autogen buildings and vegetation? And at what resolution are you running NTTR/2.0? I'm sorry, but mine doesnt look like that. I'm running at 3440x1440 on a 980. Smooth as silk.
And have you ever been to the actual NTTR? It is very sparsely populated.

IMO, NTTR is missing the exact feature that has everyone up in arms over Normandy. No range objects, aside of what are stock or in CA. Luckily the gents over at the 476th have provided us with outstanding coverage. But there are a butt load of SAMs/AAA missing. This should have come as thr asset pack with NTTR to fill it up.

-Storm

#4343668 - 03/11/17 02:43 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

This reply is hilarious

Yeah, I have to be happy with backing that project. It wasn't cheap ($250) but I ended up with 12 aircraft keys, another ED product key, and the Normandy map with the Asset Pack along with other goodies.

12 aircraft keys! 2 of each aircraft. Can't give them away or sell them. Kind of sums up the thinking of some folk. "Look what I got!!! I'm so happpppp..... wait a minute"

And this one
"Well, I have purchased the Normandy map and the asset pack, although I don't really like the WW2 aircraft. I just wanted to support ED, because I think it's the best flightsimulator around.
I would have preferred ED to finish DCS 2.5 first, but I'm not the guy who decides what they're doing."

Oh but by buying this stuff you pretty much are deciding what they do in the future.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 03/11/17 03:15 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4343689 - 03/11/17 04:09 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Yes. I have given most of them away (you just have to work with the system). The dollar value of what I received is more than equitable (based on retail prices) for what I spent.

Besides, my flight sim rig is has cost me more than twenty times that amount. The cost of software is so, relatively, small that it does not even cause a blip on my radar.

EDIT: By the way, it is considered good form, and polite, to source your quotes.

Last edited by cichlidfan; 03/11/17 04:17 PM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4343693 - 03/11/17 04:40 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: cichlidfan]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by cichlidfan
Yes. I have given most of them away (you just have to work with the system). The dollar value of what I received is more than equitable (based on retail prices) for what I spent.

Besides, my flight sim rig is has cost me more than twenty times that amount. The cost of software is so, relatively, small that it does not even cause a blip on my radar.

EDIT: By the way, it is considered good form, and polite, to source your quotes.

Do you want to share how you managed to give most of them away? I've tried, but was told I cannot and that its against the EULA.
By the way it is considered good form to bundle assets with the map you're selling.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 03/11/17 04:41 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4343700 - 03/11/17 05:04 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA

By the way it is considered good form to bundle assets with the map you're selling.

ED's product and ED's decision. I think it sucks that I have to get a bunch of options on a car just to get the one I want, because they bundled them.

As for giving things away, they stopped that only recently, and the ability to do so will return. I have been giving things away for years.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4343717 - 03/11/17 06:08 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: cichlidfan]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

ED's product and ED's decision. I think it sucks that I have to get a bunch of options on a car just to get the one I want, because they bundled them.

As for giving things away, they stopped that only recently, and the ability to do so will return. I have been giving things away for years.

Well "you have to work with the system" is a moot point as the system isn't in place. Yes its their product, their decision. We will see how it all pans out.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 03/11/17 06:13 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
#4343734 - 03/11/17 07:23 PM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Just for the record, non-used keys can be gifted again (doesn't apply to "second hand" ones, sadly), but binding them to other account is done only by filling relevant support ticket. Not what I'd call a good system, but better than nothing for now.

#4343795 - 03/12/17 12:56 AM Re: Normandy and AI units to be sold separately [Re: cichlidfan]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by JakeR
I will get the F14 / F18 and the carrier DLC for 29.99 LOL

What makes you think it'll come in at that price? At this rate, you'll have to buy the carrier as DLC, then the meatball as DLC, and the tailhook as DLC!

Do you think the reason behind holding off on the F18 is because this would slow down sales across the board? I mean the Viggen and Normandy would suffer in sales if the F14 or F18 was out now. These are potentially career sim aircraft that you could spend most of your time in. So much to learn and to stay proficient in. Harrier would be fun too.

So you hold off on the items that will "sell like hotcakes" to sell some obscure modules? Really? How big was the cry for the C-101 or the L-39 or even the F-5E? Compare that to even just the speculative market for the Tomcat/Hornet/Harrier/Strike Eagle? So you have potential cash cows but you don't make them so that you can sell some small-fly stuff?

The rest except for the choppers, I'm not that interested in so will wait and play BMS for now and use DCS for the choppers.

BMS does not have choppers.

We all want ED and The Fighter collection to succeed in their endeavor and hope they can juggle all this and stay in business and keep everyone somewhat happy, it will just take longer than we would like it to take on the consumer side, damn it.

Or they could listen to their customers and divert resources to the stuff that the customers really want? Stop the "juggle" and buckle down, focus, and GET THINGS DONE.

They maybe interested in an aerobatics server using the Normandy map, but that would have need for the WWII Assets anyway, so there will be no conflict.

Ah yes... we're so bored of doing acrobatics in Black Sea and Nevada, we can't wait to do acrobatics over Normandy. Really? Which one of his three brain cells were firing when he made this statement?

Originally Posted by ST0RM
Where are all of your autogen buildings and vegetation? And at what resolution are you running NTTR/2.0? I'm sorry, but mine doesnt look like that. I'm running at 3440x1440 on a 980. Smooth as silk.
And have you ever been to the actual NTTR? It is very sparsely populated.

Would you be so kind as to provide opposing screenshots of the above locations showing us how it looks on YOUR system?

And this one
"Well, I have purchased the Normandy map and the asset pack, although I don't really like the WW2 aircraft. I just wanted to support ED, because I think it's the best flightsimulator around.
I would have preferred ED to finish DCS 2.5 first, but I'm not the guy who decides what they're doing."

Oh but by buying this stuff you pretty much are deciding what they do in the future.

Typical fanboy response. But I don't blame him; I bought DCS BS2 for the exact same reason, but this was a very, very different time.

Yes. I have given most of them away (you just have to work with the system).

Again, you missed the point... the SYSTEM you speak of no longer exists, and the replacement has not yet been implemented. Saying "you just have to work with the system" when there currently isn't any just displays how the discussion just went over your head.

If the product is so good, why have you been "giving them away for years?"

Just because you are content about not getting your money's worth does not mean the rest of us are in the same boat, or that we are not justified for wanting good value for OUR money. I could spend $60 on a sim and consider it money well spent, then go and spend $5 on a DLC and consider it a waste.

- Ice
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.