Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4340247 - 02/25/17 08:07 AM Armored Brigade announced  
Amaroq Offline
Amaroq  Offline

Europe
Been waiting for a while and the announcement isn't really much except that he obviously signed with Matrix Games. If you've been following this loosely, it evolved from the free 'Armored Brigade'.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2168/Armored.Brigade.Is.Officially.Announced!

Innovation in wargames is a hard thing to achieve. New ideas are rare and it’s even rarer to find new development studios willing to bring these ideas to life. Nevertheless, once in a while, someone comes along with an innovative concept, a different approach.

Armored Brigade is one of these rare projects that are the best candidates to evolve an entire market.

“Wargaming is one of the longest running genres out there”, says Iain McNeil, Development Director of Matrix Games. “We have been in this market for so long that we know how hard it is to capture a new idea, a new concept and bring it to life. Armored Brigade is definitely a title that aims to keep itself true to the complexities of a traditional wargame, but also tries to enhance the experience with new gameplay ideas. We are very proud to be working with Veitikka Studios on this project and we are looking forwards to helping make this game the success it deserves to be”.

The game uses a real-time engine and focuses on maximising the realism of mechanised warfare during a possible escalation of conflict between NATO and the WARSAW pact countries during the cold war.

Large maps, modelled upon real terrain make each battle a true test of wits. Weather and visibility all play a role and with several munition types, including air to air combat and artillery, no battle will be the same. Exciting and challenging tank warfare only adds to the level of realism.

There are a variety of different nationalities within the game including US, USSR, West and East Germany, UK, Finland and Poland. Everything is modelled to a high level of detail to achieve a truly original game.

But this is just the beginning!

Product page doesn't have much: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=685

Website has a little more: http://www.armoredbrigade.com/index.html

No new screenshots yet or anything (bit of a fumble to announce without that if you ask me), but here are some older ones from the Twitter feed if you've never heard of it:
https://twitter.com/ArmoredBrigade/media

I get a bit of a Steel Beasts in a Close Combat format vibe. This should be fun. biggrin

Don Quixote's misfortune is not his imagination, but Sancho Panza.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4340615 - 02/27/17 06:05 AM Re: Armored Brigade announced [Re: Amaroq]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
I just saw this last night too...looks very interesting, but, as you've pointed out, not much information just yet. I do indeed like the time period and nations announced thus far. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this one.

Thanks for posting for others to see as well.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4340630 - 02/27/17 07:33 AM Re: Armored Brigade announced [Re: Amaroq]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

Originally Posted by Amaroq
Been waiting for a while and the announcement isn't really much except that he obviously signed with Matrix Games. If you've been following this loosely, it evolved from the free 'Armored Brigade'.

Right up until last summer, they were planning to release directly to Steam. I guess Matrix made them an offer too good to refuse.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4340978 - 02/28/17 06:53 AM Re: Armored Brigade announced [Re: Herman]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted by Herman
Originally Posted by Amaroq

Right up until last summer, they were planning to release directly to Steam. I guess Matrix made them an offer too good to refuse.

But, I do not believe Steam is a publisher though. Matrix could publish and still release via Steam, as many of the Matrix titles have done.

This will be interesting to see how it compares to Flashpoint campaigns series in scope and depth of detail.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4341113 - 02/28/17 07:45 PM Re: Armored Brigade announced [Re: Amaroq]  
juri_js Offline
juri_js  Offline

You can find the free version here:
http://www.moddb.com/games/armored-brigade

If they add some kind of campaign system and improve the graphics in the payware version this could be interesting.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.