Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4336880 - 02/13/17 02:22 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Plus the Spanish guitar music in the background is pretty soothing. biggrin

For as along as I can remember I turn off the music is virtually every game I play. I love music, don't get me wrong, but for some reason I don't want it playing during gameplay. The exception is in strat games for some reason. And the music in TW games I've always thought is great.

It's been 13 years, but I still have the Rome strat map music in my head.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4336886 - 02/13/17 02:49 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I need to look up who composed the music for the different TW games. The music is indeed fantastic. I've liked the music in every TW title that I've played.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4336899 - 02/13/17 03:05 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Here's what the wiki says about Rome

The original music soundtrack for the game was composed by Jeff van Dyck, who received a BAFTA (British Academy) Interactive Awards nomination for his work. His wife Angela van Dyck features in some of the vocals including Forever, which plays during the game's credits; Angela also wrote the lyrics for the song "Divinitus", written in quasi-Latin.

He did Shogun, Shogun 2, Medieval, Medieval 2 among others

https://jeffvandyck.com/games/

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4336904 - 02/13/17 03:09 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that info! He's a very talented composer indeed.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4337002 - 02/13/17 08:12 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Forward Observer Offline
Forward Observer  Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
Shogun 2 was the last game he did the music for. Their music director now is Richard Beddow. His music is good but just not a memorable as Van Dyck's. It's a trend they are doing in a lot movies now, in that they don't want audiences
remembering the sound track more than the movie.

Bedow did Empire, Napoleon, Rome 2 and Attila. I think his best was Attia.

@Panzer.

Here's a list of the current mods I am using on Rome 2

Alpha Centurian Reskin
Kazel's battle friendly Romans 4.0
ROME II UNIT CARDS MOD (with Normal's Unit Icons)
Rome Total War: music

The last one I alternate using when I want a change since it just exchanges the Rome 2 music for that of
Rome 1.

I'm also using these, which are very minor

No HDR mod by Mech_Donald to reduce the overdone HDR
GBJ Blood mod, which is supposed reduce the blood a bit

Some of these mod will show that they are out of date because the game has been updated at some point indicating that the mod might not work. However, most of the time, the mod still works and the mod maker has determined that
nothing needs to be done. That seems to be the case with these. There is a tick box you have to check to let out of date mods be applied.

Cheers

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
#4337004 - 02/13/17 08:14 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks again for your help FO! I'll try these mods out soon.

#4339087 - 02/21/17 01:07 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
I just picked up Warhammer, and I'm loving it. It's tempting me to finally devote the time to Shogun 2 and Rome 2, which I have owned, but never touched. (My backlog is insane these days).

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
#4339193 - 02/21/17 12:06 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I have no doubts that Warhammer is a great game but I just can't get into the fantasy genre when it comes to real time strategy. I also know zero about the Warhammer universe.

#4339194 - 02/21/17 12:16 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Security_Device_Enclosed Offline
Security_Device_Enclosed  Offline

Victoria
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I have no doubts that Warhammer is a great game but I just can't get into the fantasy genre when it comes to real time strategy. I also know zero about the Warhammer universe.

If you have Medieval II and like Lord of the Rings, The Third Age is worth checking out. It's amazing.

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4339906 - 02/24/17 03:18 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hardtale Offline
Hardtale  Offline

Rome End Credits on my playlist for commute:

#4339964 - 02/24/17 12:10 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
What's everyone's favorite opening cutscene sequence for a TW campaign? This is one mine. I just love the rousing music:

#4340378 - 02/26/17 02:27 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hardtale Offline
Hardtale  Offline

That's a tough question...been awhile since I seen some of them I'll have to look for some videos.

#4348249 - 04/01/17 06:11 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Security_Device_Enclosed Offline
Security_Device_Enclosed  Offline

Victoria
CA just announced Warhammer II. Not exactly a surprise considering the massive sales but a little disappointed it's not Empire II.

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4348338 - 04/01/17 03:57 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy
There are two teams among others at Creative Assembly, each working on a Total War title. One works on the Warhammer trilogy (the second one was expected) and another one on the next historical title (possibly based on XVI/XVII centuries combat and probably developing a new engine) which is still some time away. Not coming this year for sure, likely not next year either.

As a close-gap solution for historical titles fans, there are talks about new content (a DLC campaign or even a stand alone expansion) to be released before then for Attila and/or Rome II though.

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4348704 - 04/03/17 11:01 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that info Aeronautico.

I'm VERY happy that Warhammer was a huge success because I want Creative Assembly to be financially viable and successful.

However, I did not buy Warhammer simply because it's not my cup of tea. I am eagerly awaiting the next historical based title. In the meantime I'm still playing Attila, Rome 2 and Napoleon. smile

#4348737 - 04/03/17 01:04 PM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy
Same here. Fantasy is totally not my cup of tea, I bought Warhammer just because heavily discounted but have not even bothered installing it. Likewise happy it brings CA resources, I just wish the next historical title was closer at hand. The new DLC or expansion make me happy though, as Rome 2, Attila, Napoleon and Empire are still played (especially the formers). Never got into Shogun 2 but I am sure I will enjoy that too when I finally do, or especially, given the consensus.

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4348933 - 04/04/17 10:44 AM Re: Anyone still playing any Total War titles? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Didn't buy warhammer, it doesn't float my boat to any degree.
I will buy any subsequent title if it falls into my historical bent, but I won't buy stuff just to keep a developer afloat.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.