Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 63 of 112 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 111 112
#4338492 - 02/18/17 02:38 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller ***** [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Think is this model:https://www.rapidonline.com/rvfm-solder-tag-rotary-switches-30304

They dont call then MON-OFF or ON-OFF, but: "Available in make before break or break before make versions"

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4338510 - 02/18/17 04:39 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Think is this model:https://www.rapidonline.com/rvfm-solder-tag-rotary-switches-30304

They dont call then MON-OFF or ON-OFF, but: "Available in make before break or break before make versions"

Thanks Sokol , that is good info that link is to ALPHA (Taiwan) brand switches , which is the same brand I got the other day so if I am lucky they will have those plastic M-b-B or B-b-M Switches too.

- I will need a Break before Make (B-b-M) correct? so it is off normally,and on when "switched"

Alpha 1P12T Switch
Part no# SR2611F011238F5BDNL

Alpha's Main Switch Page

*** From Alpha's website These are also called Shorting (MbB) or non-Shorting (BbM) Timed switches too

Alpha Rotary Switch explanations

some more info in case there are others like me ............

Break-Before-Make

Definition

Break-Before-Make: A switch that is configured to break (open) the first set of contacts before engaging (closing) the new contacts. This prevents the momentary connection of the old and new signal paths.

Applies to mechanical systems (e.g. that use relays or manual switches) and to solid-state analog multiplexers and switches.

Synonyms

BBM

Make-Before-Break

Definition

Make-before-break: In a switching device, a configuration in which the new connection path is established before the previous contacts are opened. This prevents the switched path from ever seeing an open circuit.

Applies to mechanical systems (e.g. that use relays or manual switches) and to solid-state analog multiplexers and switches.

Synonyms

MBB

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 02/18/17 08:03 PM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
#4338879 - 02/20/17 09:08 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
XLine_y Offline
XLine_y  Offline

Hi Everyone:

I m new to MMJOY, and i have got error to run the mmjoysetup in [v20161101].

While it's all working fine with [v20151118]. Additionally, i m with Chinese Win 10 x64.

Error attached as below, appreciate if anyone can help, i already search around in google but nothing found.

Last edited by XLine_y; 02/20/17 10:00 AM.
#4338928 - 02/20/17 03:21 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
XLine-Y,

MMJoysetup don't work in Windows in Chinese, you need a computer/laptop running a English (or Russian...) Windows for configure - Virtual machine don't help, issues with COM port - see in previous post in this topic.

Anyway take a look at EasyJoy 32 One - is similar and done by Chinese guy with support in this language, topic there.

#4338970 - 02/20/17 06:27 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

XLine-Y,

MMJoysetup don't work in Windows in Chinese, you need a computer/laptop running a English (or Russian...) Windows for configure - Virtual machine don't help, issues with COM port - see in previous post in this topic.

Anyway take a look at EasyJoy 32 One - is similar and done by Chinese guy with support in this language, topic there.

I have read here or on another MMjoy Forum that Sokol1 is Correct it is an issue with the Chinese Version of Windows and there is no fix for it.

However the latest Version of MMjoy [v20161101] also has a few small bugs and other Members here have advised me to use v20160818 instead, perhaps try it too or one of the other versions here :

https://sites.google.com/site/mmjoyproject/fajly-dla-skacivania

KB

#4338977 - 02/20/17 06:45 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Kbird
Originally Posted By: Penzija
Sorry for the blurry picture, i had no better camera at tat time.
Sadly you're right about the magnets, at least for me, I had to glue them on this way to get the sensor to work.
It could be that they are shipping now other magnets with the new boards but you'll have to get that confirmed by someone else.

Thanks for replying and confirming the Magnet orientation Penzija , I will just have to hook one up and try things.... I just didn't want to fry anything by accident , I am new to USB Joystick modding and electronics in general so just being careful.

KB.

Mounting the TLE 5010 in a FLCS/X-Fighter Base is definitely a PITA I had to basically take the FLCS totally apart to get the pots out etc to take them apart but I now have the TLE Boards mounted and the magnets glued on the bare Pot Shafts like Penzija did (vertically) and while it is working, the movement in VKB JoyTester is very limited (unlike the standard FLCS Pots) , so I am wondering if the orientation of the magnets is correct? or an issue since a rare earth magnet off my fridge stuck on the end of an Allen key gets a much better response in VKB Joytester when i turn it over the TLE 5010 Board.

A 2nd question is can I use any rare earth magnet? , as above a 8mm fridge magnet works, but I have managed to lose some that came wwith the Boards...somewhere in my living rm smile as I had tipped all the TLE 5010 Bags into a Plastic container on my Table so as not to lose anything and then knocked it over and cannot find several sets of the screws and magnets which came with the Boards,I assume they are stuck to something with the magnet but I searched everywhere and still no luck.

or do I need something like these i found online...they might be easier to mount being a Cube too?

1/4" - 6mm Cube Magnets

Thanks,

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 02/20/17 10:16 PM.

#4339030 - 02/20/17 09:21 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
erichos Offline
erichos  Offline

Slovakia
Kbird, are you sure that you did right calibration? You do not use auto calibration for TLE5011 but saved calibration. I bought small neodymium disc, diameter 6mm, magnetized through diameter. TLE5011 is very sensitive, it is working great. I thing problem will be at setting. Use "Calibrate helper", then save it and check, maybe must edit setting and again save it. Try it and let me know if you was successful.

#4339054 - 02/20/17 10:30 PM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: erichos]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

OK thanks Erichos ,

I will try that later when I am home and post back , I googled around last night to try and find more info on Mounting the boards and magnets but didn't find much.

I was thinking that perhaps the 4mm magnets that came with the Boards are different from Penzija's ones and I may need to lay them flat instead of on edge like he has them mounted here :

#4339081 - 02/21/17 12:40 AM Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller [Re: erichos]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: erichos
Kbird, are you sure that you did right calibration? You do not use auto calibration for TLE5011 but saved calibration. I bought small neodymium disc, diameter 6mm, magnetized through diameter. TLE5011 is very sensitive, it is working great. I thing problem will be at setting. Use "Calibrate helper", then save it and check, maybe must edit setting and again save it. Try it and let me know if you was successful.

Hi Erichos , I think you maybe right , that was part of the issue at least, it is now calibrated manually and showing better range.

These settings ok?

- Saved without Center ( or with?)
- Precision 10 ( saw a vid on Youtube with it set to 14? )
- Filter ? Should I need this? currently on 7 to show no jitter in VKB JoyTester ...one is better than other though

- note I still have original pots hooked up too, as I was thinking I could use them perhaps as MMjoy Axis Special Functions and assign buttons or something else to them , or even use as throttle and Rudder if TQS is not in Use.

KB

#4339114 - 02/21/17 02:32 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
XLine_y Offline
XLine_y  Offline

XLine-Y,

XLine-Y,

I have read here or on another MMjoy Forum that Sokol1 is Correct it is an issue with the Chinese Version of Windows and there is no fix for it.

However the latest Version of MMjoy [v20161101] also has a few small bugs and other Members here have advised me to use v20160818 instead, perhaps try it too or one of the other versions here :

https://sites.google.com/site/mmjoyproject/fajly-dla-skacivania

KB

Thanks sokol1 and kbird.

#4339221 - 02/21/17 01:48 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
XLine-Y,

MMJoysetup don't work in Windows in Chinese, you need a computer/laptop running a English (or Russian...) Windows

I not test, but maybe one these compiled Win7 for run from "live CD" do the job.

#4339345 - 02/21/17 09:49 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
erichos Offline
erichos  Offline

Slovakia

These settings ok?
- Filter ? Should I need this? currently on 7 to show no jitter in VKB JoyTester ...one is better than other though

- note I still have original pots hooked up too, as I was thinking I could use them perhaps as MMjoy Axis Special Functions and assign buttons or something else to them , or even use as throttle and Rudder if TQS is not in Use.

KB

Hi Kbird, Saved with center - you need for joystick, of course, you need center or not? And Saved w/o center is for throttle... when you do not need center position, ok?
Precision- for TLE5011 set 14-bit (because TLE5011 has own ADC), for pot only 10-bit because you use internal Arduino ADC and it is only 10-bit precision, ok?
Filter- value 0 means - without filtering, so for TLE5011 I usually use value 3-4, for new pot too, for old pot 7...you have to try it, it is clear I think.
You can use Death zone if you want, eg. DZ low - DZ center - DZ high: 1-1-1. Sometimes 1-2-1 is better for some joystick gimbals. You have to try it too.
Bye.

#4339349 - 02/21/17 10:00 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: erichos]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: erichos

These settings ok?

KB

Hi Kbird, Saved with center - you need for joystick, of course, you need center or not? And Saved w/o center is for throttle... when you do not need center position, ok?
Precision- for TLE5011 set 14-bit (because TLE5011 has own ADC), for pot only 10-bit because you use internal Arduino ADC and it is only 10-bit precision, ok?
Filter- value 0 means - without filtering, so for TLE5011 I usually use value 3-4, for new pot too, for old pot 7...you have to try it, it is clear I think.
You can use Death zone if you want, eg. DZ low - DZ center - DZ high: 1-1-1. Sometimes 1-2-1 is better for some joystick gimbals. You have to try it too.
Bye.

thanks again Erichos...

- I wasn't sure if "Center" worked with the TLE 5010 chip or not , so I'll set Center...

- I thought 14 was correct ( per video ) but the Wiki says to use 10 unless using a MCP3208 and then use 12

- Ok I have Filter on as you suggest , I just wasn't sure it was or should be needed with a digital chip , or if I may have bad wiring or bad magnet position or ???

- Thanks for Tip on the Dead Zone too that will be helpful for me I think.

KB

#4342771 - 03/08/17 01:24 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
AIRWOLFMUTLEY Offline
AIRWOLFMUTLEY  Offline

Curitiba - Paran� - Brazil
Hi!

Someone could tell me which is the exactly specification of the capacitors for this PCB?

[Linked Image]

In ebay are some variants of the SMD 1206 (0.1uF and 10uF): 10V, 16V, 25V, 50V (example: capacitors variants )

#4342934 - 03/08/17 10:05 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: AIRWOLFMUTLEY]  
erichos Offline
erichos  Offline

Slovakia
You need ceramic capacitors 0.1uF, e.g: Ceramic capacitor

and tantal capacitor 10uF, e.g: Tantal capacitor

Of course 10V is enough, USB VCC is only 5V.

#4342953 - 03/08/17 11:10 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
AIRWOLFMUTLEY Offline
AIRWOLFMUTLEY  Offline

Curitiba - Paran� - Brazil
Thanks Erichos!!

#4343621 - 03/11/17 08:07 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
I have just tried to connect and load Pro Micro for 1st time. It has not worked to my knowledge.
It seemed to work 1st time through to bootloader. But after that it would seem that it is not. I have pressed reset a number of times and while it seems like it is going to give a new COM it resets back to the 1st COM which is 5. I have a solid Red LED At top of board. When selecting a device in the MMJoy2 device list a light at bottom of board blinks once.

When I press the Reset this light blinks once at the end of about 8 seconds. During the process the Device Manager Resets and seems like it will give new COM6 but after the LED blinks the Device Manager resets again and goes back to COM5.

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files
MMJoy1.pdf (404 downloads)
#4343637 - 03/11/17 12:55 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
I did a System Restore and went back to scratch. I just shorted the RST and GrD and it went into bootloader on regular basis. I then tried Firmware Upload and it went through the process and it said successful and drivers were good and finished.

Only thing now is, with Pro Micro attached to PC and only Reset and Ground wires attached it, Device Manger HID list does not display the Pro Micro as per instructions. Is this correct?

#4343686 - 03/11/17 03:40 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Open MMjoySetup.exe, look in USB devices (together with you keyboard, mouse...) for "MjReset" or something similar, this is your new "JOYSTICK CONTROLLER".

Now you need give then a name, VID/PID numbers, number of axes, buttons, etc, and "SAVE SETTINGS FOR DEVICE".

#4343708 - 03/11/17 05:42 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Barra]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted by Barra
I did a System Restore and went back to scratch. I just shorted the RST and GrD and it went into bootloader on regular basis. I then tried Firmware Upload and it went through the process and it said successful and drivers were good and finished.

Only thing now is, with Pro Micro attached to PC and only Reset and Ground wires attached it, Device Manger HID list does not display the Pro Micro as per instructions. Is this correct?

Are you sure you are not still shorting the Reset button ? you are using a momentary switch for that correct? you would see nothing in DM if the reset button is ON constantly via twisted wires or a toggle switch in ON position etc.

The 8 sec change of COM port is normal it is going into Bootloader Mode, it is during that 8 secs you need to press the Upload Firmware Button .

I have found that a double tap of the reset button works best for getting the Leo/Pro into bootloader mode.

KB.

Page 63 of 112 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.