Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4340464 - 02/26/17 04:36 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Searched for that actually, didn't found anything... who cares, seems I'm speechless for their point of view.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4340477 - 02/26/17 05:48 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
That sucks. I know I have seen people selling stuff on Star Citizen's forums... and people in there begging some creative types to sell what they had designed. LocNar's lefty warthog project is a good example.

I don't really read the Elite Dangerous forums, so I don't know about that... but you would think they would have a section for innovator's to sell useful things that enhance game play.

#4340514 - 02/26/17 08:56 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

SC seems to be really fun place to post anything... I've also seen some threads there with Edtracker or DelanClip with direct links to buy. So even posting in wrong forum section shouldn't be a big problem.
Instead, suddenly a sh**storm began... so if you didn't know, posting 3rd party stuff with buying info on forum owned by private company is bad, that's what I've been told there biggrin

Both, thread and my account were deleted so it's useless to continue this discussion woot

Last edited by HAV_; 02/26/17 09:15 PM.
#4340519 - 02/26/17 09:18 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: CyBerkut]  
LocNar Offline
LocNar  Offline

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
That sucks. I know I have seen people selling stuff on Star Citizen's forums... and people in there begging some creative types to sell what they had designed. LocNar's lefty warthog project is a good example.

I don't really read the Elite Dangerous forums, so I don't know about that... but you would think they would have a section for innovator's to sell useful things that enhance game play.

Actually cig is really touchy about how you present this, and for that matter the dual Warthog mount thread I post in was not started by me and is not even focused on the grips themselves but rather the mount Krel made for his and how dual sticks are used in to fly in SC in addition to my unfolding 'progress log' I've been documenting there: https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ual-warthog-mount-design-build-thread/p1

They immediately shut down my Warthog dustshield post that mentioned prices/sales logistics and I do not sell my grips or anything else through their site, so I do not mention prices or anything or any information specific to sales. You can only describe/show pics of your product for purposes of how it relates to Star Citizen, and at best point to an off-site place to get into transaction details or keep them strictly through pm's. http://www.dualsticks.com/dustshields/

Also it's a moot point for SC since there has not been head tracking in it since 2015 and they are so far underwater with engineering debt and legal obligations that the outcome is not as clear as many assume.

I don't know how they deal with pawning goods on the Frontier forum, I've always held off though I'm a long time backer of the ED. I wanted to establish a forum presence because I legit like the game before trying to sell stuff.

edit: tone

Last edited by LocNar; 02/26/17 09:48 PM.
#4340531 - 02/26/17 09:50 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
SC does not have head tracking??? Seriously??

- Ice
#4340538 - 02/26/17 10:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by - Ice

I remember there was an issue with seeing the inside of the helmet when one turned their head, instead of the helmet turning as well to allow the proper view. You'd think they would have fixed that by now... but then, that doesn't provide a selling opportunity like another new ship does.

I've grown pretty disgusted with how CIG has been handling things, so I stopped going to their forums on a regular basis. Today was the first time in a long time, and I didn't read many of the threads that I had bookmarked. I do not know where they currently stand on head tracking, but if LocNar says it isn't in there, I'm sure that is the case.

#4340541 - 02/26/17 10:54 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: CyBerkut]  
LocNar Offline
LocNar  Offline

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

I remember there was an issue with seeing the inside of the helmet when one turned their head, instead of the helmet turning as well to allow the proper view. You'd think they would have fixed that by now... but then, that doesn't provide a selling opportunity like another new ship does.

I've grown pretty disgusted with how CIG has been handling things, so I stopped going to their forums on a regular basis. Today was the first time in a long time, and I didn't read many of the threads that I had bookmarked. I do not know where they currently stand on head tracking, but if LocNar says it isn't in there, I'm sure that is the case.

Heh yeah, I didn't mean it works poorly... although that was the case when it worked at all since it was never officially supported, instead hacked by an employee on his spare time before he left to pursue work in VR since cig made that a moot job position. With the 2.0 patch (Nov 2015?) head tracking was 100% eliminated from the game and no light at the end of this tunnel since it is long since been blocked by a giant pile of whale carcasses and broken dreams smile

#4342048 - 03/04/17 06:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

[Linked Image]

Today I'd like to share with you the first official review of UTC II, my personal project that started over a year ago...
Few weeks ago, Mike from Sim UK asked me if I'd like to participate in review of TrackIR alternatives that he's preparing.
As for now, there are three competitors: TrackHat, EdTracker and UTC II.
You can see the review of UTC II below, together with two others, have fun biggrin

Last edited by HAV_; 04/13/18 11:00 PM.
#4342057 - 03/04/17 07:23 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Nice one!

"What on earth could be added or improved in version 3?!"

Welcome note - That's a really good idea and I must admit, I loved reading the note on my Witcher 3 box. I don't think there needs to be a "how to setup your kit" part though as anyone getting a UTC probably knows enough about head tracking already. How much instruction does a person need to flick an ON-OFF switch? Asking HAV to cover setting up TrackIR/FreeTrackNoIR/OpenTrack is unfair... but instructions on what settings to enter into FreeTrack/OpenTrack should be included but won't be too lengthy. It works with TrackIR straight out of the box.

On/Off indicator - I told HAV about this, but found that there's no need for this at all. "Whoops, the damn thing isn't on yet!!" You'll know because your in-game view does not respond to your head movement. Reach up, flick the switch, "re-center" your view, and you're in business.

A little word of warning to those who are thinking of buying this darned thing:
I've been using a wired headset for years and years now, never seeing the point of buying a wireless one only to be tethered by my TrackClip Pro anyway. For the past few weeks, I've been reading up reviews on wireless headsets and trying to decide which one to get. I would not be in this awful, awful position if not for the UTC!! Be warned!!
biggrin biggrin biggrin

- Ice
#4342301 - 03/06/17 10:19 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

A little word of warning to those who are thinking of buying this darned thing:
I've been using a wired headset for years and years now, never seeing the point of buying a wireless one only to be tethered by my TrackClip Pro anyway. For the past few weeks, I've been reading up reviews on wireless headsets and trying to decide which one to get. I would not be in this awful, awful position if not for the UTC!! Be warned!!
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Well, what to say -Ice... you'll get better this way neaner

#4342370 - 03/06/17 04:45 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by HAV_
Well, what to say -Ice... you'll get better this way neaner

That is true!! biggrin

I do hope you incorporate that written note suggestion though! It'll be a great personal "thank you" to your customers... coupled with a great product...

- Ice
#4342374 - 03/06/17 04:52 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

It's already added to my list.

Last edited by HAV_; 03/06/17 04:54 PM.
#4342388 - 03/06/17 05:26 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Any chance you can come up with a mounting system similar to the TrackClip Pro? Maybe even have the battery and clip together in one unit, with just the LEDs on the "arm"...

- Ice
#4342393 - 03/06/17 05:48 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Mounting system similar to TCP will most likely eliminate the possibility of left/right headphone mounting. Also, as you know TCP can not be mounted on some types of headphones eg. with thin headband.
That was one of the reasons of designing UTC without any mounting system - universality. Without mounting clip you have more possibilities to mount it as you like + it's few g lighter.

#4342408 - 03/06/17 07:17 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

How many people mount this on the right side? If TrackIR forces you to mount it on the left side, how big is the market of non-TrackIR users?

As for headphone mount, the TrackClip Pro can be mounted on thin or thick headbands. I think the only limiting factor is of WIDER headbands.... While I agree with you regarding the "universality" of UTC at the moment, being able to have that mounting option would greatly increas it's appeal IMHO and if you can design something as functional as the "arm" but in a more robust way, I would buy it in an instant. The lack of mounting options of the DelanClip and the like is what made me hold off buying them.

- Ice
#4342448 - 03/06/17 10:39 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

How many people mount this on the right side? If TrackIR forces you to mount it on the left side, how big is the market of non-TrackIR users?

Probably bigger than you can imagine wink
There're many people that find NP prices a 'bit' too high.
As for headphone mount, the TrackClip Pro can be mounted on thin or thick headbands. I think the only limiting factor is of WIDER headbands.... While I agree with you regarding the "universality" of UTC at the moment, being able to have that mounting option would greatly increas it's appeal IMHO and if you can design something as functional as the "arm" but in a more robust way, I would buy it in an instant. The lack of mounting options of the DelanClip and the like is what made me hold off buying them.

You're right, bad choice of words wink
Truly said, I'm hearing an opposite voice more often - it's good I didn't put a mounting clip like in TCP. Seems people don't like it too much... so many men, so many minds... and so many options to mount your UTC rofl Kidding, we'll see in future, maybe I'll find some solution wink

#4342453 - 03/06/17 11:06 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

From trying "other" solutions before, I find the prices of NP cheap!! This is in terms of time and effort spent. I have limited free time and the more I spend on my hobby and less on "tweaking hardware," the better! Plus my TIR 5 has given unfaltering performance for the past 7 years that I've owned it and has worked flawlessly since day 1, so IMHO it's definitely worth the price.

As for the mounting clip version, you can sell it alongside your UTC. So you can have UTC Mk II which is what we have now, then UTC Mk III which has an "arm" like the TrackClip Pro. Win-win!!

- Ice
#4379626 - 09/14/17 04:30 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Time for some update and new photos...
For some time already there's a new version on market - II+
Didn't have to much time lately to post this earlier, so fast forward now - same casing, same electronic but with slightly better and stronger LEDs.

All UTC copies that were prepared lately were equipped with new LEDs, so if you noticed them in your clip - be sure it's UTC II+

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I was also asked lately to prepare a wired version of UTC. Your ideas are always welcome, so here it is (here with 3m cable, but this can be adjusted). Already added to regular offer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by HAV_; 02/03/19 01:49 PM.
#4379643 - 09/14/17 05:32 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Nice work, HAV, but how are we doing with the clip mod? biggrin

- Ice
#4379649 - 09/14/17 06:11 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Emm, which one? biggrin

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.