Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4331614 - 01/26/17 10:19 AM Control/Key Binding issues after re-installing WOFF UE  
Russkly Offline
Russkly  Offline

Vienna, Austria
Hi,

I had a faulty SSD recently and had to re-install Win 10.

This meant also re-installing WOFF UE of course.

Since then however, I am experiencing the following issues:

1.0 Sometimes making rudder movements (Saitak Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals) throws the stick forward and puts the a/c into a vertical dive. It's as if the rudder pedals are somehow also creating inputs for the joystick (Saitek X52 Pro). I can see the effect just sitting in the cockpit on the filed - bit of right rudder and the stick jerks full forward or full the to the right.
I have removed both devices and re-installed the drivers and software, but the problem is still there. Everything works fine in the Control Panel for both devices.

2.0 The weapon view (W key) is no longer working. Doesn't do anything. I have also recently switched to using the Track Clip Pro on my headphones rather than the Track Clip, but I can't see how this would change anything.

3.0 The zoom keys (NumPad+ & NumPad-) are also not working any longer.

Any ideas, please?!

The only thing I can think of now is to re-install WOFF UE once again, but this seems extreme.

Cheers,

R

#4331744 - 01/26/17 06:09 PM Re: Control/Key Binding issues after re-installing WOFF UE [Re: Russkly]  
Russkly Offline
Russkly  Offline

Vienna, Austria
OK, the control input problem is solved:

It seems that the rudder pedals were also bound to pitch and roll axes in the WOFF key/controller mapping progamme, which is odd, because I've always had the same kit and setup. Perhaps something changed during the re-install of Win 10 & WOFF UE.

So in essence the game was receiving pitch and roll inputs from both pedals and joystick. Ungood.

Furthermore I've also realised that the 'W' key is bomb or rocket view, not sights view, so this is also no longer an issue.

However, I used to have a sights view bound to a joystick button, but I can't find the command in the WOFF key mapping tool, nor in the default WOFF key guide.

Wasn't there a way to look down the sights before?

And lastly I still can't get the zoom to work. Before it was mapped to a slider on the Saitek X52 Pro throttle using the programming software, but I can't get even the default buttons on the keyboard (LSquare & RSquare) to zoom for me now.

Is it perhaps something to do with using the TrackIR TrackClip Pro instead of the Track Clip? Nah, surely not?

Yours,

Perplexed

#4331759 - 01/26/17 06:45 PM Re: Control/Key Binding issues after re-installing WOFF UE [Re: Russkly]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

I think F6 was to switch between Gunsight and normal Pilot view. No idea what the problem with the other keys is. Maybe it is best to just assign everything again.

I have been taking my WoFFkeys.xma file over to many version strarting form WoFF 2. I've had problems in the past too with not working key commands,maybe it would be a good idea to just delete this file,it will most likely be created again when starting the keymapper. It can be found in /appdata/OBD folder.

Last edited by Lausbub78; 01/26/17 06:48 PM.
#4331763 - 01/26/17 06:55 PM Re: Control/Key Binding issues after re-installing WOFF UE [Re: Russkly]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Russkly
OK, the control input problem is solved: Is it perhaps something to do with using the TrackIR TrackClip Pro instead of the Track Clip? Nah, surely not?

Agreed, surely nothing to do with that.

The gun-sight view is F6 (at least it is on my machine, just checked). It toggles between gunsight and regular each time you push it. (If you are a realism nut like me and your TrackIR is working properly you won't need this anyway as you just move your head to line up the gun as a real pilot would ... shameless RIR plug winkngrin )

Last edited by 77_Scout; 01/26/17 06:56 PM.
#4331953 - 01/27/17 08:54 AM Re: Control/Key Binding issues after re-installing WOFF UE [Re: Russkly]  
Russkly Offline
Russkly  Offline

Vienna, Austria
Thx guys.

'Problems' all solved!

@Lausbub78: F6 was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks. I'd forgotten the looking down sights view was called "Go to pilot's seat".

@77_Scout: Sorry, mate, not that hardcore! It's a royal pain trying to get my head aligned properly with the sights using TrackIR. Perhaps I could try using precision mode on the TrackIR when doing that, but F6 is simply easier.

I re-mapped zoom to the the default [ & ] keys and then used the Mad Catz programming software to map the those commands to the slider on the throttle, so I now have the zoom function mapped as before.

All good.

Thanks,

R

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.