Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4328505 - 01/14/17 04:22 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hmmm... was Blu3wolf banned as well? I was hoping it was just me.

However, their "banning" process isn't the same as DCS. It's more of a "time out" really, like you're getting on the nerves of the moderators and they've had enough of you for now so they're giving you some "alone time." Whether this is justified or not is a different matter. Like I said, me and Blu3wolf thought there was no need for the mods to step in and I even tried to continue the discussion on a more productive route but I guess the mods wanted the thread dead regardless of whether there was still a discussion-worthy question. Has the thread been locked?

Schwalbe did hit the nail on the head on his post. If we can use the reason "it's their forum and their rules" for DCS, I can't see why we can't use the same for BMS. Even more important, as he mentioned, the people who are members of the BMS forum are not really "customers" but rather mod-users. The BMS devs do their own work, maintain the forum, pay the bills, etc. so I can totally see the "behave yourself or else" justification. I will say that it is a forum that is open for debates, just make sure you "behave" yourself once a mod steps in biggrin They even have a DCS thread that got heated, people got banned for a while, thread got locked, but then after a while the thread was re-opened but because of that action, nobody very much bothers to debate in that thread. Not worth getting banned on a BMS forum for discussing DCS.

Totally no like ED forums where people have to tread on eggshells and there's the tongue-in-cheek-but-all-too-true "please don't ban me" statements. You don't see these on BMS forums.

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4328510 - 01/14/17 04:40 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Hey Ice

When they let u back in can u tell them that Phoenix said their AA-12 is completely NERFED\BROKEN.

Seems to beat it all u need 2 do is fly straight at it and pull a hard 3 or 9 and she zooms right past the pit.

IRL if the pilot was to see the missile that close he would already be toast.

Wud tell em myself but dont think it wud go down too well skyisfalling

#4328512 - 01/14/17 04:55 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I'd be happy to, but I can't really start a conversation that I don't know about. Plus there are a lot of broken things with BMS anyway. My biggest hate is the enemy AI. I try to orchestrate dogfights and going up against the best Ace AI, for the first two fights it comes at me and then the next few fights it just makes a lazy circle in the air and ignores me... smile

- Ice
#4328516 - 01/14/17 05:09 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Know what u mean.

Thx anyway mate... tomcat

#4328537 - 01/14/17 07:13 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: - Ice]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Originally Posted By: - Ice

iirc he was basically persona non grata to the group looks like still is..

comparing to the ed forum... i can only say sorry to you dcs scrubs.

yet while it might be effective to use bms as a means to bash dcs, free community modding has its own problems.

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/14/17 07:21 PM.
#4328541 - 01/14/17 07:42 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Schwalbe]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Schwalbe
comparing to the ed forum... i can only say sorry to you dcs scrubs.

Haha... I think you're mistaking me for a DCS fan... well, I was, but not currently. It's easy enough to see why

yet while it might be effective to use bms as a means to bash dcs, free community modding has its own problems.

It is effective and easy to use BMS and it's not even "bashing." Just saying things as it is. While a "free modding community" may have it's own set of challenges, as far as I can see, they're still taking those other devs for a ride and showing them how it's done! smile

Now if only I can blackmail someone to make BMS VR-compatible... ready

- Ice
#4328550 - 01/14/17 08:31 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

^Try befriend, ass-kiss and, bribe. I knew *RL* examples that it works.

#4328552 - 01/14/17 08:36 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Too far away to befriend (personally), not good at ass-kissing plus difficult over written medium, and BMS devs don't take bribes. Therefore, blackmail is the only option behindcouch

I know RL situations where that works too! biggrin

- Ice
#4328639 - 01/15/17 05:15 AM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
@ ice

still

It aint right to ban any1 the way they banned you,moderaters dont matter,its bms forums and they BMS run those forums...

just saying.

#4328673 - 01/15/17 01:38 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: - Ice]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Too far away to befriend (personally), not good at ass-kissing plus difficult over written medium, and BMS devs don't take bribes. Therefore, blackmail is the only option behindcouch

I know RL situations where that works too! biggrin

I meant i know rL situation where bms dev does take bribe. They just dont tell you and says they dont thats all.

Oh bribery is an art. In a non-captalistic system, this is done exquisitely o.O

For a start, "take it to PMs". biggrin

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/15/17 01:39 PM.
#4328682 - 01/15/17 02:42 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Schwalbe]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Phoenix54C
@ ice

still

It aint right to ban any1 the way they banned you,moderaters dont matter,its bms forums and they BMS run those forums...

just saying.

Thanks for that, Phoenix. I do agree with you and was actually surprised that they decided to ban me for that, but nevermind.

I meant i know rL situation where bms dev does take bribe. They just dont tell you and says they dont thats all.

Oh bribery is an art. In a non-captalistic system, this is done exquisitely o.O

For a start, "take it to PMs". biggrin

Really?

- Ice
#4328718 - 01/15/17 04:49 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: - Ice]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Hmmm... was Blu3wolf banned as well? I was hoping it was just me.

However, their "banning" process isn't the same as DCS. It's more of a "time out" really, like you're getting on the nerves of the moderators and they've had enough of you for now so they're giving you some "alone time." Whether this is justified or not is a different matter. Like I said, me and Blu3wolf thought there was no need for the mods to step in and I even tried to continue the discussion on a more productive route but I guess the mods wanted the thread dead regardless of whether there was still a discussion-worthy question. Has the thread been locked?

Schwalbe did hit the nail on the head on his post. If we can use the reason "it's their forum and their rules" for DCS, I can't see why we can't use the same for BMS. Even more important, as he mentioned, the people who are members of the BMS forum are not really "customers" but rather mod-users. The BMS devs do their own work, maintain the forum, pay the bills, etc. so I can totally see the "behave yourself or else" justification. I will say that it is a forum that is open for debates, just make sure you "behave" yourself once a mod steps in biggrin They even have a DCS thread that got heated, people got banned for a while, thread got locked, but then after a while the thread was re-opened but because of that action, nobody very much bothers to debate in that thread. Not worth getting banned on a BMS forum for discussing DCS.

Totally no like ED forums where people have to tread on eggshells and there's the tongue-in-cheek-but-all-too-true "please don't ban me" statements. You don't see these on BMS forums.

There's absolutely no excuse for you and Blu3wolf being banned like that! It doesn't matter if BMS is free or not that doesn't justify a ban. Heck, even if BMS PAID all and every player to play Falcon BMS (instead of being free) it simply wouldn't justify the moderators at the BMS forum to be total and complete pricks/idiots (judging from your ban).

Those who "know me" from here at SimHQ knows that I'm an "avid" critic of ED/DCS and yes I find pathetic how the DCS forums are moderated but despite this at least they (at the DCS forums) are consistent:
They apply censorship at their forums where you can't post any negative stuff about DCS either in their forum or in any other forum (like here at SimHQ). Perhaps this follows the trend of the history of ED/DCS home country, Russia? You can disagree with this and personally I certainly DISAGREE with this but at least you'll know why you can be banned at the DCS forums.

But about the BMS forums?? It seems like if a moderator wakes up with the wrong feet you can get banned with no particular or reasonable reason at all! (like happened to you - Ice - and Blu3wolf).
You IMO, this is even worse than DCS and again it doesn't matter if you're paying or not for the game - Being reasonable and polite are two essential conditions among every human being, specially among the ones that are in "charge of something", like moderators of a forum.

Deep inside I always knew there was a reason why I rarely or almost never post at the BMS forums (despite having an account there). I guess this it!

#4329271 - 01/18/17 02:43 AM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Yeah

IMHO it drives peeps AWAY from the simulation.

Makes a DAM SHOW of all falconeers and really shows us why the whole flight sim genre has gone so quiet.

10 years after FF6\AF and look where it all ended up.

#4329366 - 01/18/17 02:22 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Well, apparently, there was enough "reason" to justify the ban. Whether that reason is sufficient, I guess, is subjective. Like I said, I was banned before... for replying to a post made by a banned member dizzy I do know there's quite a bit of politics going on behind the scenes but I don't know much about it and I really don't want to or care to get involved.

Was it right that I got banned? Personally, I may be biased here, but I don't think so. Does it matter? Not really. I got banned anyway. However, to compare some weird rule with how the DCS forums are ran is unfair. Sure, you know exactly what can get you banned over there, but I'll take "getting out at the wrong side of the bed" over pain censorship and sterility and "pls don't ban me!" And then compare the end-product... DCS vs. BMS. Compare the devs. I will say that this event did put the BMS mods in a bad light, but still nowhere near DCS-level of incompetence.

Thanks for the support though! I appreciate it! biggrin

- Ice
#4330017 - 01/20/17 07:59 PM Re: Emergency Jettison vs Ext. Fuel Tanks Jettison? [Re: Wedge]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

^it's not only about you as we've had similar experiences and for me 'twas what prompt me to think about the reasons behind all of it.
but as a newbie these things doesn't matter really, the forum is more of an information pool and mods repository - unless ofc one's not really about flying but just a "forum pilot" that simply posts a lot - we've seen those. it is when one gets quite proficient with the game and/or moves higher in the community hierarchy and that starts to demand more freedom on these matters. for example i was quite closely involved with a modder who simply refuses to join the group as he considers there's just too much politics - at the time i didn't quite understand but now i start to see some of his reasons.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.