Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4327228 - 01/09/17 04:25 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: JG52Krupi]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
I haven't avoided anything... I don't have a response to what you wrote.

It there forum it's there rules. If someone is trying to damage there product with misinformation then they can do what the hell they want on there forum.

None of you have actually shown me anything that makes me think that the ED forums are a bad place.

And Tom you clearly never experienced the likes of the banana forum, I can honestly say I would take what we currently have than ever see it devolve into something as incredibly toxic as that place.

You said the atmosphere here "stinks" but then you said it's because of people coming here to vent from ED forums. Explain to me how that's SimHQ's fault? Explain to me how being able to vent is a bad thing? Explain to me how having to go to another forum to vent is a good thing? Surely, you have a response to this.

As for "it's their forum, it's their rules" (dammit, it's "their" not "there") sure, fair point. And it's their forum and their rules that give ED and ED forums a bad name. It's their rules that make absolutely no sense and absolutely serve no purpose. Explain to me what you hope to gain by warning or eventually banning a person who has only posted twice for that calendar year? Explain to me what you hope to gain by trolling other forums then banning those people on ED forums?

As for Rule 1.13, that is just a cheap way for them to be able to ban people. "Spreading false and damaging information"?? Damaging, yes, I'll agree to that, but it's TRUE information, and it's just by talking about ED's practices. I don't think I've spread "false" info, but like I said, there's no PM, no link to my offensive post. Nope. Just a 40% warning that doesn't expire. I'm sure other people here have better examples than mine.

And you still think ED forums is not a bad place?

As for the banana forum... sure. Same argument as "AAA devs miss deadlines too, so what's wrong with ED doing it?" Just because it happens elsewhere or it's worse elsewhere doesn't absolve ED and ED mods from what THEY are doing. They're just putting themselves in the same group as those "bad" people.

I mean seriously what kind of response is that, I don't have anything to formulate I have said my piece.

No need to be so confrontational

Just sick and tired of Pro-ED people coming in, putting their 2 cents in, but won't stay and face the music once their falsehoods are exposed. Yet we're the one who gets warnings/bans for "spreading false information." Hilarious!

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4327237 - 01/09/17 04:45 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Define what makes a forum in your eyes? smile

The ability to discuss opinions, it doesn't really go much further than that.

The ED forums are censored, you simply cannot discuss any negative aspects of the sim on their message boards (note I will not call it a forum). If anyone attempts to discuss anything then you either have posts deleted, you are told someone else already raised it therefore your opinion/post is invalid or you are simply banned to prevent further negative posts.

What is the definition of a forum

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

You cannot exchange views about negative aspects of DCS on the ED message boards. You will be prevented from doing so and there are lots of people on SimHQ and all over the internet who can vouch that is absolutely true.

Perhaps ED like to take the North American interpretation of a forum;

a court or tribunal yep

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4327238 - 01/09/17 04:54 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I find that the ED Steam forums are run in the same fashion. One of the mods is quite abrupt,bordering on rude. I subscribe to quite a few Steam forums and I see a lot of deleted posts show up in my list,guess from who?

Last edited by Chucky; 01/09/17 07:24 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4327243 - 01/09/17 05:07 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
they are run much worse that the official forum

I logged in earlier last year and discovered that I was banned from the ED Steam forum, for "Malicious attacks against the developer", which is a lie, since I never did that.

and all the few posts I did post there with links to skins I made for DCS, were deleted.

that is what I call overkill and meant to make me antagonistic towards Eagle Dynamics, which of course I am not, as anyone who knows me can tell.

in fact, if I had any malice towards Eagle Dynamics, I would quit the community rather than engage in pointless tit for tat, and go play Donkey King or Goat Simulator instead.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that and I do not like that what you post impacts your rights on another forum.

I think it would have been quite an inflammatory piece for them to decide to bring in that rule.

but one has to admire they ability to do it, I can barely keep up with my online duties.

#4327261 - 01/09/17 05:47 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: - Ice]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: - Ice
I haven't avoided anything... I don't have a response to what you wrote.

It there forum it's there rules. If someone is trying to damage there product with misinformation then they can do what the hell they want on there forum.

None of you have actually shown me anything that makes me think that the ED forums are a bad place.

And Tom you clearly never experienced the likes of the banana forum, I can honestly say I would take what we currently have than ever see it devolve into something as incredibly toxic as that place.

You said the atmosphere here "stinks" but then you said it's because of people coming here to vent from ED forums. Explain to me how that's SimHQ's fault? Explain to me how being able to vent is a bad thing? Explain to me how having to go to another forum to vent is a good thing? Surely, you have a response to this.

As for "it's their forum, it's their rules" (dammit, it's "their" not "there") sure, fair point. And it's their forum and their rules that give ED and ED forums a bad name. It's their rules that make absolutely no sense and absolutely serve no purpose. Explain to me what you hope to gain by warning or eventually banning a person who has only posted twice for that calendar year? Explain to me what you hope to gain by trolling other forums then banning those people on ED forums?

As for Rule 1.13, that is just a cheap way for them to be able to ban people. "Spreading false and damaging information"?? Damaging, yes, I'll agree to that, but it's TRUE information, and it's just by talking about ED's practices. I don't think I've spread "false" info, but like I said, there's no PM, no link to my offensive post. Nope. Just a 40% warning that doesn't expire. I'm sure other people here have better examples than mine.

And you still think ED forums is not a bad place?

As for the banana forum... sure. Same argument as "AAA devs miss deadlines too, so what's wrong with ED doing it?" Just because it happens elsewhere or it's worse elsewhere doesn't absolve ED and ED mods from what THEY are doing. They're just putting themselves in the same group as those "bad" people.

I mean seriously what kind of response is that, I don't have anything to formulate I have said my piece.

No need to be so confrontational

Just sick and tired of Pro-ED people coming in, putting their 2 cents in, but won't stay and face the music once their falsehoods are exposed. Yet we're the one who gets warnings/bans for "spreading false information." Hilarious!

You sir need to take an extra large chill pill, at what point did I say anything about this being SimHQ's fault!

Am I a Pro-ED? I honestly don't see myself in that light, they simply offer something that I can't find to the same standard anywhere else right now. I like there products they are incredible, do I wish they would have a more coherent plan? Yes, of course.

I see no need to continue this conversation, on this forum I get the distinct impression that there is a group who cast disdain on anyone who has anything remotely good to say about ED luckily I know how to deal with this.

Goodbye! bs_sign

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 01/09/17 05:49 PM.
#4327271 - 01/09/17 06:11 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

at what point did I say anything about this being SimHQ's fault!

I have to say the attitude on these forums in regards to DCS stinks...

I have been banned from the forum a few times from heat of the moment stuff, aggravating? Yes incredibly so however if I am honest a lot of the post I got banned for did go against the rules, of course when people are so passionate about something then of course there will be times things get a bit personal and I do wish they were still a bit more lenient.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that all the banned posters now come over here to vent creating an incredibly toxic atmosphere... so much so that I have pretty much abandoned SimHQ for anything to do with DCS so now only check out the cockpit threads. The angry, sanctimonious dare I say (almost to the point of conspiracy theory, this is going to be al jazeera's latest story ;)), posts I have seen made here do make me think that perhaps the DCS forums are a better place without these people.

If that's not "SimHQ's fault," then you could've worded your post in so many better ways. But no, the attitude here stinks, it's a side effect of banned posters that come here to vent, you no longer come to SimHQ except to check out cockpit threads, and DCS forums are better because these banned posters are no longer there. How are we supposed to think, after reading that, that you place the blame on ED and ED forum mods?

Am I a Pro-ED? <snip!>

I see no need to continue this conversation, on this forum I get the distinct impression that there is a group who cast disdain on anyone who has anything remotely good to say about ED luckily I know how to deal with this.

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Just sick and tired of Pro-ED people coming in, putting their 2 cents in, but won't stay and face the music once their falsehoods are exposed.

Thank you for helping me prove my point.

- Ice
#4327306 - 01/09/17 07:28 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

In a few words we have another adept of ED over here, someone who will worship whatever they do since they do nothing negative. Whatever they do, it's because they love us and want our best biggrin

#4327330 - 01/09/17 08:12 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

Pathetic is the word. Not scary. Pathetic.

#4327338 - 01/09/17 08:32 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: - Ice]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

never mind, this is not worth my time.

Back to being a browser and not a poster

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 01/09/17 08:35 PM.
#4327353 - 01/09/17 09:00 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Member01 Offline
Member01  Offline

Germany
Was a good time with Krupi. He was a full prove of all the thoughts about the ED forum and what is left after the CREATION of the "new" community.
It smells a little bit as they have a new "Race".
Hm wasn't there a "guy" (his first name was Adolf) who dreamed about that.
Congratulation, the ED Mods got it.
Oh yeah.. the "Dark Power" is strong in ED.
Do they have also a "hidden" sign like "my son is so high"? duck

#4327411 - 01/09/17 11:34 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Member01]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: Member01
Was a good time with Krupi. He was a full prove of all the thoughts about the ED forum and what is left after the CREATION of the "new" community.
It smells a little bit as they have a new "Race".
Hm wasn't there a "guy" (his first name was Adolf) who dreamed about that.
Congratulation, the ED Mods got it.
Oh yeah.. the "Dark Power" is strong in ED.
Do they have also a "hidden" sign like "my son is so high"? duck

So, now we're down to Nazi comparisons? It's not even fun anymore what SimHQ has become...

banghead

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4327416 - 01/09/17 11:57 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum

So, now we're down to Nazi comparisons? It's not even fun anymore what SimHQ has become...

banghead

It's clearly a "cheeky" comparison made in jest and not meant to be taken seriously. Since you frequent the PWEC section and discuss police shootings, coups in Turkey and WWII stuff where real people suffer from real issues...I'm surprised you can't tolerate someone poking fun at a video game and it's development.

wink

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4327436 - 01/10/17 12:46 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I sometimes feel like everything is being taken both too seriously or too literately, DCS is a very interesting flight sim game, but it is just one among many other alternatives.

Every time people get angry or irritated with it, they should give other flight sims a chance or play another game.

take me as an example, when the Spitfire proved to be not what I expect it to be, I did not get frustrated, just went back to flying P3D, I am sure that a few updates later it might get more polished. There is no Spitfire template ? fine , I've got plenty of other stuff to do instead, equally more interesting.

#4327512 - 01/10/17 08:44 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Battlerabbit Offline
Battlerabbit  Offline

Switzerland
Ahhhh reading that thread hurt my brain, no negative feedback just a huge pile of sticky gooey circlejerking.

Found a shout out to SimHQ
Quote:
I'm expecting to read some rather entertaining threads on certain other forums about this thread

#4327516 - 01/10/17 09:20 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

They must issue glasses with wipers to stop sticky eye over there

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4327518 - 01/10/17 09:44 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Force10]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: Force10
I'm surprised you can't tolerate someone poking fun at a video game and it's development.

wink

What's going on here is FAR beyond "poking fun at a video game and its developer". And you know it, because your moderation has turned this place from being one of the premier flightsim forums on the internet into the very kindergarten it now is. You must be blind not to see that any kind of serious discussion about DCS in here has stopped long ago and been replaced by endless bickering by the same small group of people who set the tone.

I should've done this way earlier.

I'm out of the SimHQ DCS forum. Have fun.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4327520 - 01/10/17 09:53 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Why do people always come here, moan and whine and stomp off like little children? Are we supposed to feel thankful of their presence? Are we supposed to lament their departure?

People who complain about this sub-forum being "negative" clearly do not see the bigger picture and the bigger issue. Funnily enough, people who complain about this sub-forum being "negative" only complain about this sub-forum being "negative," they actually do nothing to improve the atmosphere. Entitled much?

- Ice
#4327523 - 01/10/17 10:17 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: - Ice]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Lets just be glad that on this forum, we're all the same. Our opinions, how negative they can be, are all equally valid, and lets work together to make this forum a better place than the 'other' board.

We're like Manchester United complaining that Hull sucks; We're better than this.

So lets quit whining about 'Pro-ED' this and 'Anti-ED' that, and just talk about what attracts us to DCS and what is better than the competition and what can be improved upon. The former leads to nothing, the latter leads to only pleasant things, no?

EDIT: whoops, typo

Last edited by Vaderini; 01/10/17 01:13 PM.
#4327527 - 01/10/17 10:33 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Vaderini]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Vaderini
Lets just be glad that on this forum, we're all the same. Our opinions, how negative they can be, are all equally valid, and lets work together to make this forum a better place than the 'other' board.

I agree with you there! Positive messages and negative messages are welcome here, but also be prepared to be scrutinized and questioned. "DCS suxx bollz" has no place, so does "DCS is the most awesomestest sim evah!" If you want to discuss why "DCS suxx bollz" or discuss why "DCS is the most awesomestest sim evah," then by all means do so.

So lets quit whining about 'Pro-ED' this and 'Anti-ED' that, and just talk about what attracts us to DCS and what is better than the competition and what can be approved upon. The former leads to nothing, the latter leads to only pleasant things, no?

You'll soon find out that the "Anti-ED" complain about ED, the "Pro-ED" complain about the "Anti-ED" biggrin

You can talk about what attracted you to DCS and what makes it better than the competition. Others can talk about what drove them from DCS and what makes the competition better. That's what makes this a great forum; we can talk about both things here.

- Ice
#4327549 - 01/10/17 12:24 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Vaderini]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

just talk about what attracts us to DCS and what is better than the competition and what can be approved upon

So you are suggesting this forum to replicate ED Forum thus only speak about the positive and the good?! What's next? Ban whoever says a negative opinion?

DCS project has more flaws than any other combat flight simulator i've seen, both ideological (zero war environment but just non sense of mixed multiple generations aircraft without enough proper counterpart) and technical (bugs that last years if not decades, bugs introduced after each update and more importantly 3 version developed in parallel of which 2 will become obsolete), perhaps too much for a game with 25 years of development. What i find kind of unacceptable is people that find disturbing that others do not accept DCS as a whole, it is not enough to like one or two modules, you have to embrace the whole software and love it otherwise you are just being a whiner or too negative.

As i've already said, in today video game era there are people that will defend DEVS whatever they do, even when they release half empty games at full price and at day one ask you to pay high prices for DLC (eg. Total War Warhammer) and DCS is no different since we can clearly see that people either deny most DCS issues or say things implying to suck it up, accept and thank gods that ED exists. However they fall short on that, since contrary to what they ED religion teaches, there are alternatives out there that are way better than DCS on many aspect. The question is will the status quo be maintained forever? We don't know, what i do know is that i got tired of games with potentials that year after year, it is still in the same old starting point with little step further.

Personally speaking, i don't mind if DCS will either become a ww2 or a modern combat simulator (though i prefer modern) but at least do it right. Create a combat environment with all necessaries counterparts and details (eg. WW2 requires sun reflections, a well done damage modelling which is far far far far away from what is right now, etc...). For last but not least, I simply cannot understand why old games had better was environment than a "modern" game and i'm not only referring to BMS.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.