Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4326561 - 01/07/17 03:02 AM WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
Posted by Wags

DCS Winter Bonus Spectacular

Got a bunch of bonus DCS bonus points to use? Here is your chance! Starting 6 January at 1500 GMT time and lasting until 16 January 2017 at 0900 GMT, you can spend up to 60% of your bonus points on most module from our DCS E-Shop. This is a great way to finally spend this bonus points with a huge discount on our great modules!

- The Eagle Dynamics Team

Now, The thing is I have $26.00 worth of bonus points in my pot. 60% of which would be about $12.50
Yet with this I can only use $2 for each campaign I want to buy (if I want to buy one) - considering they are $9.99 each. thats not 60% of my bonus points.

then maybe I can buy a plane?
Oops.
Nope sorry you can only get a discount off planes you already own.(and you only get $10 off ones you do already own which is pointless as you can no longer gift modules to your mates) which BTW is still not 60% of my bonus points)

So.I have every module except the upcoming and pre purchase Viggen (which I really want BTW) yet I am not allowed to use my bonus points to further reduce the cost of this module (which I really want BTW).]

Why can I not use my 60% bonus points to buy this module as it is the one that I want to buy (I appreciate that it is already dicounted in the pre-purchase but surely I should be able to use my bonus points for new modules otherwise what is the point? I would like to purcahse the Vigggen at the said pre-purchase price +60% bonus point discount(I think I have earned it as I own almost every thing else DCS has to offer)

Thanks DCS

So considering the fact that I have EVERY module that ED have released yet I have a potential $12.50 in my bonus pot.

What exactly am I supposed to use my bonus points on? I do not want to buy any more campaigns than I have (I have bought 5 of them). I have bought all the terrains currently available from DCS (including starways terrain mod @$9.99)

So considering I am a reasonably good customer am I not able to use my Bonus points on any product I wish?
I am sorry but this is such a b*llsh*t offer it's quite laughable to me. thanks for nothing DCS!!!

SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4326581 - 01/07/17 08:51 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Yep, we've discussed these 'bonus points' before mate. There is no bonus about them whatsoever and ED cherry pick what you can use them on and very few items in the eshop allow up to 60% discount as they claim.

A spectacular 'scam' is probably closer.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4326589 - 01/07/17 11:42 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Since the beginning of the bonus points system, they could've been spent on released products only, not for the pre-purchases, so true, they're not useful for someone who already owns all A/Cs.

That doesn't explain why You can't use'em on these campaigns, though.

#4326598 - 01/07/17 02:06 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

craptacular more like

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4326617 - 01/07/17 03:35 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hmmm... yeah... re-reading the newsletter, I wonder if they mis-constructed their sentence? Looking at the Oct 28 newsletter, it says "Starting today at 1500 GMT and lasting until 8 November at 0900 GMT, we are offering a huge 60% savings using bonus points many fantastic products." (LOL @ sentence construction)

I take that not that you can use 60% of your bonus points, but rather you can pay up to 60% of the module's cost with your bonus points. For instance, if you have $100 worth of bonus points, that doesn't mean you can spend $60 and essentially get a module ($60) for free. I think it means that if you want to buy a $60 module and you have $100 worth of bonus points, you can spend $36 of your bonus points plus pay $24 to get that $60 module, and you'll be left with $64 worth of bonus points.

- Ice
#4326658 - 01/07/17 05:06 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

The Viggen was developed and is sold by Leatherneck Simulations (us).

Hence, it is not part of the bonus programme.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4326666 - 01/07/17 05:23 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Care to explain the other 3rd party modules that are part of this spectacular bonus bonanza?

#4326780 - 01/08/17 01:56 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: - Ice]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Hmmm... yeah... re-reading the newsletter, I wonder if they mis-constructed their sentence? Looking at the Oct 28 newsletter, it says "Starting today at 1500 GMT and lasting until 8 November at 0900 GMT, we are offering a huge 60% savings using bonus points many fantastic products." (LOL @ sentence construction)

I take that not that you can use 60% of your bonus points, but rather you can pay up to 60% of the module's cost with your bonus points. For instance, if you have $100 worth of bonus points, that doesn't mean you can spend $60 and essentially get a module ($60) for free. I think it means that if you want to buy a $60 module and you have $100 worth of bonus points, you can spend $36 of your bonus points plus pay $24 to get that $60 module, and you'll be left with $64 worth of bonus points.

LOL. Ice I see where you are coming from but you can't though can you.

Only certain modules and only certain things.
As Cobra posted above LN's Viggen is not part of this spectacular bonanza, so whats a guy like me supposed to do with these (so called) bonus points?

Spectacularly useless winter Bonus points extravaganza would be a more succinct description, I think.

I appreciate that not everyone is in my position (I have bought all the modules) and that there are some bargains to be had (if you have some bonus points LOL).

But it's almost as if they(DCS) are sort of punishing me (in a round about way)for buying all the modules at full price or at the pre-purchase stage and in the process accruing all these bonus points.
Only for them to turn around and say, well, Thank you very much for buying all the stuff we have released, all we have left are the new releases and 3rd party stuff that you can't use your bonus points on so F*ck you and jog on!

Sorry to vent and I know this is such a 1st world issue but it just that at the moment it's winding me right up.

SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4326794 - 01/08/17 03:04 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hehehe.... I do see where you're coming from re: where and when you can use your bonus points. I just thought your "calculations" were wrong regarding the 60%, or maybe I'm wrong? Anyone with bonus points can confirm? But aside from the math, yeah. I see where you're coming from. And remember, the points expire after a while too!! Yay!! Now I wonder if they expire a few at a time (ie, May for a module purchased in May...) or if they just use your last purchase date and it's an all-or-nothing deal after that point.

- Ice
#4326820 - 01/08/17 08:51 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Care to explain the other 3rd party modules that are part of this spectacular bonus bonanza?

I am not a spokesman for other, independent companies.

You don't expect every FSX developer to follow the same pricing, marketing or sales strategies. So why would you expect the same in DCS?

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4326821 - 01/08/17 09:16 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: Cobra847]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: Cobra847

You don't expect every FSX developer to follow the same pricing, marketing or sales strategies. So why would you expect the same in DCS?

I think this is mainly due to all aircraft being sold on the DCS homepage. You don't have such a direct connection with FSX / P3D and their 3d party developers. Sure there is some advertisement on the P3D homepage for several addons but for me FSX addons were always on it's on. On the other side DCS addons (for me) are linked to Eagle Dynamics because they are more strict on giving out licences / agreeing on producing addon aircrafts.

Last edited by Dondy; 01/08/17 09:16 AM.

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgäu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4326822 - 01/08/17 09:27 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: Cobra847]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK

Well reality doesn't quite align with your reply above.

For example your Mig21 is part of the spectacular bonus discount but the Viggen isn't....it wasn't intended to be a difficult question. I'll rephrase it.
Why are LN not allowing bonus points to be used on the Viggen as they obviously control pricing/discounts on both modules. Why are 'bonus points' which could well have been issued after buying other LN modules not allowed on specific cherry-picked items? It's an example of the 'bonus scheme' being a waste of time (see 'SoupDragon's first post for another example).

#4326824 - 01/08/17 09:37 AM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

I just wondered why there is one exception as it doesnt quite align with your reply above.

For example your Mig21 is part of the spectacular bonus discount but the Viggen isn't....it wasn't intended to be a difficult question.

Sorry, I tend to get overly defensive around here.

For the MiG-21, we decided to be a part of the programme, whilst for the Viggen we did not.

I understand that it can get confusing and frustrating that modules are arbitrarily excluded, but it's difficult to communicate this effectively. Our business practices change over time, for now we've decided to opt out.

This is in part to us opening our own e-store (heatblur.com) -- where we will be running our own customer loyalty programme in the future.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/08/17 09:44 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4327008 - 01/08/17 11:03 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: Cobra847]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Sorry, I tend to get overly defensive around here.

For the MiG-21, we decided to be a part of the programme, whilst for the Viggen we did not.

Thanks for that info, Cobra847!

We do tend to "take the gloves off" from time to time, so your defensiveness is warranted biggrin But let me be the first to appreciate your presence here; your explanations show us a different side of things and helps us get the "bigger picture" of ED and 3rd-party devs.

- Ice
#4327189 - 01/09/17 03:02 PM Re: WOW aparently there is a winter Bonus spectacular [Re: the soupdragon]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I've certainly got no problem with someone being defensive, as long as they're upfront about things. smile

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.