Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4326698 - 01/07/17 07:24 PM 2017 New and better year to dcs ..  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Just read: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3009566#post3009566

LOL popcorn

Maybe those ed guyes finally take their head of from their b*tt twoweeks

(Yes, i know that posting this here may get me banned in dcs forums)

Last edited by Haukka81; 01/07/17 07:25 PM.

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4326710 - 01/07/17 08:05 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
It was just him patting himself on the back, really. I don't see any point in that post/thread except for "what you all think is wrong, I'm a good guy, really."

As for commenting on his post, well, you're not spreading damaging/false information about ED, so he can't get you for anything you say.... unless there's a new guideline we don't know about that protects ED devs and forum mods from the bad, bad interwebz.

- Ice
#4326758 - 01/08/17 12:00 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

What a complete load of utter bollocks

Most bull excrement line

So, if you didn’t know before, know now that my door is always open. If you have an issue here with anyone or anything, drop me a PM. I am not as scary as you might think.

How, you get banned there is no recourse or ability to talk about what has happened
because you cannot PM anyone , or they just completely delete your account taking the good helpful posts
you may have made into oblivion

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 01/08/17 12:02 AM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4326768 - 01/08/17 12:44 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN

So here we are, well on our way into a new year and I thought I should start 2017 off with a little update on where the forums are, where they have come from and where I hope to see them go. Just as a disclaimer, if you are reading through this hoping for some cool info on your favorite module, I will let you down easy now.

When I first joined the moderation team, it was mostly to compliment my testing duties, I wanted to be able to help manage some of the requests for help and submit bugs for people having issues with different things. Some of the things I noticed as I went along, learning the ropes was that it was a lot of personal opinion on handing out warnings and suspensions, there was no real guidelines, I mean there was basic unwritten ones, but for the most part, you were shooting from the hip.

Then the DCS WWII/RRG thing happened, and it was eye opening to see how hard it was to manage expectations on a forum like this, trying to keep the discussion going, trying to keep it from getting toxic, but letting people vent some as they did have a right to be frustrated and such because of what had happened. People got warnings, people got suspended, and it was quite the rough few days.

After all that dust settled, or mostly settled I personally saw that we were lacking a real structure to moderation, which is not anything against any previous mods, or ED themselves. I think it was that the forums just grew beyond what was in place at the time. I approached Wags about putting guidelines in place, and worked with him and the mod team to have a more structured way to apply warnings and suspensions.

So about a year and a half ago, we instituted these guidelines, reviewed previous warnings and suspensions, including welcoming back some people that had previously had their posting rights revoked. Now it wasn’t always easy, the new guidelines required us to give people warning points that in the past might not have gotten points before, and some people even received short suspensions because the guidelines aimed at less permanent penalties and more minor suspensions.

So where are we today? I feel like we have created a more open, mature and healthy community. People are allowed, and encouraged to post about issues and problems, take part in bug reporting and even venting when done in a mature, constructive manner. We still have our moments of course, after all this is a world wide forum, and everyone handles anticipation of new products, news and updates differently. People use translators to view these forums, or view other languages that are not their first language, which can cause issues as well. I think though that for the most part we really have a great group here now, I see more willingness to help new people, I see most discussions using tolerance and understanding than planting your feet in the sand and fighting over nothing.

I think for myself and the reason I am writing this is that I want us to keep working towards a great community. That takes looking at ourselves and how we conduct ourselves here and with each others. My personal goals is to try and reach out to those that don’t have a great experience here and try and help them work through those issues, whether its something to do with administration or with other users. I know over the past year, we have lost some simmers, we have had some simmers go through some big events in life, be it health or family. Its important for us all to look at the bigger picture, especially when we are fighting over some little detail, that at the end of the day, or the flight, we are all people and we all have lives, family and a great hobby.

So for 2017, I want to connect even more than I have. I am only scary when I need to be, most of the time I am just another one of you guys, excited to see what ED will bring us next. I don’t do this moderator thing for some sort of power trip, honestly what kind of power does a internet forum give anyone anyways? I do this because I love this hobby, and I want it to be fun and relaxing for all. So lets all try and work together and continue to make this forum a fun place to come, share and converse with people that understand what we see and want in this hobby.

So, if you didn’t know before, know now that my door is always open. If you have an issue here with anyone or anything, drop me a PM. I am not as scary as you might

the capstone of my DCS experience encapsulated in one post.

#4326782 - 01/08/17 01:58 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: - Ice]  
Member01 Offline
Member01  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: - Ice
It was just him patting himself on the back, really. I don't see any point in that post/thread except for "what you all think is wrong, I'm a good guy, really."

As for commenting on his post, well, you're not spreading damaging/false information about ED, so he can't get you for anything you say.... unless there's a new guideline we don't know about that protects ED devs and forum mods from the bad, bad interwebz.

^This!
The English ED Forum is dying!
They have "revoked" so much guys that there is nearly none left to lay the finger into the wound/give them the needed critics to make the Sim better. Most guys left only say "yes, it's the best FM ever" and next time "yes, now it's the best FM ever!" and so on).
Look at how old so many threads are and most of the time the same people answer question from new ones without reading what those people have written.
Now they try to explain that all those revokes were not their fault, it was a technical one. The new "system" was the "bad guy". dizzy
But 2017 all will become better.. and you guys need not to be afraid to get warnings if your critic is "how they like it" (an till today no one knows what that means :D).
Yeah... Happy New Year those "Mods". I wish you many revokes (seems so there was an internal game. The one with the most revokes will get something "special" (perhaps new SM room?)).

Last edited by Member01; 01/08/17 02:00 AM.
#4326796 - 01/08/17 03:06 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Maybe they have a ban-quota every month and whoever is too lenient on the ban hammer gets tied to a post and whipped? biggrin

- Ice
#4326839 - 01/08/17 11:37 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Ok, so TomCatMuchDie posted criticism 2 days ago and that post got deleted as soon as he saw it. And NOW suddenly he tolerates criticism? Even on-topic posts get deleted if he doesn't agree with the content. No PM, no explanation why he deleted them, or even a message saying 'back on-topic'.

This guy is too far gone.

Member01 points his finger right on the sore spot of that forum and why I, personally, won't buy modules for the next couple of years and for questions to current modules keep myself to the Russian forums, e-mail devs directly
and discuss stuff on the scientific aircraft forums instead.

Earlier this week, I thought about PM'ing Wags directly with my issues with this behavior on the English boards, but I realised that I just dont care enough about spending hundreds of euro's on a video game which just treat ANYONE who isn't a fanboy like #%&*$# (on the English forum).

I really hope that the moderator in question gets replaced by someone that shows off a positive image towards ED/TFC, and isn't a complete egomaniac who gets ballistic if someone shows criticism or a divergent opinion from his own. (SkateZilla or one of the Russian moderators would be excellent choices IMO)

#4326842 - 01/08/17 11:47 AM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Lol!

I have even read this

Quote:
Much better forums than umm...those other forums from another three-letter sim where the ban hammer is always in use and censorship reigns supreme

I mean really? c'mon?! You are really implying that ED forum is an open and free forum? I've always said, some games unfortunately get those players who worship the game whatever its states and this is where the game development slow down to the worst and sometime even stop.
Today videogame market is full of case like this, developers that release alpha version that relies on internet to get itself updated but then we find ourselves with alpha that last 2-3 years, gold version that is not even close to what they have advertised and then the loyal players who worship the game and attacks whoever says something against it. Those players defends even aggressive/unfair/idiotic selling price/methods....they defend the game even if the developer f**k them with no lube.

#4326857 - 01/08/17 01:34 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
my Cat, Leopold, he is no scholar, in fact, he barely can read
so I read it to him, Google translated, in Creole, which I don't speak either, SiThSpAwN message
this is him afterwards

smile
biggrin
wink

#4326860 - 01/08/17 01:41 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Quote:

So where are we today? I feel like we have created a more open, mature and healthy community.

rofl rofl rofl

#4326869 - 01/08/17 02:25 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Tom,I love Leopold.He knows.

Had to drop this in here...

Last edited by Chucky; 01/08/17 02:44 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4326874 - 01/08/17 02:47 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
wink

one thing for sure, and I can say that unequivocally,

SiThSpAwN hit the nail on the head,

what defines us is that we (SimHQ, CoombatAce, LockOnFiles and SiThSpAwN forum) are

a 100% mature community,

where else would you find a 55 year old guy like me making skins for flight simulators if not in a mature community ?

and after SiThSpAwN message, Leopold and his brother Sasha engaged in a soccer match

because they know that this is, after all, only a flight sim game, not worth all this trouble.

biggrin

#4326881 - 01/08/17 03:30 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

That post is the most ridiculous bunch of BS I have ever read. He's just justifying his handling of the forums where massive numbers of people are abandoning ship mainly because of his moderating. Here's a prediction. He quits, the forums go back to normal and all of the people that have abandoned it come back. cheers Nah, just kidding.

#4326950 - 01/08/17 06:53 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: *Striker*]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: *Striker*
He quits, the forums go back to normal and all of the people that have abandoned it come back.

Define normal. I had lots of people fly off the handle back when i was a moderator, much of that was before Sith came around.

#4326963 - 01/08/17 07:50 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
On a sidenote, I'd like to point out, that compared to what happens on Il-2 forum (as far as reporting issues vs getting banned is concerned), the ED one isn't that bad, or just isn't an exception. So to all of You who say Russian mods would be better in taking care of all sections of the blue forum, I can only say with Clint Eastwood's voice - "be careful what You wish for" biggrin.

That being said, I agree with Ice's note about Sith "patting himself on the back". Not really sure what this speech of his was intended/useful for.

#4326968 - 01/08/17 08:16 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
it shows how seriously he takes his job of keeping reprobates at bay.

#4327004 - 01/08/17 10:57 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hehehehe... me and Art_J agreeing on something... there's hope for you yet mate!! biggrin

Originally Posted By: Sobek
Define normal. I had lots of people fly off the handle back when i was a moderator, much of that was before Sith came around.

Flying off the handle is fine; it just shows people are invested and passionate about the product. Total censorship and whiteouts is what's happening now, and after being banned on their forums, well, people have to come here to "fly off the handle" but since SimHQ isn't the original target, these people vent in a different way.

- Ice
#4327013 - 01/08/17 11:20 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Haukka81]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

I have to say the attitude on these forums in regards to DCS stinks...

I have been banned from the forum a few times from heat of the moment stuff, aggravating? Yes incredibly so however if I am honest a lot of the post I got banned for did go against the rules, of course when people are so passionate about something then of course there will be times things get a bit personal and I do wish they were still a bit more lenient.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that all the banned posters now come over here to vent creating an incredibly toxic atmosphere... so much so that I have pretty much abandoned SimHQ for anything to do with DCS so now only check out the cockpit threads. The angry, sanctimonious dare I say (almost to the point of conspiracy theory, this is going to be al jazeera's latest story ;)), posts I have seen made here do make me think that perhaps the DCS forums are a better place without these people.

End of the day has Sithspawn & Co pissed in my cornflakes, yes a few times, however if I am 100% honest here in retrospects 80% of these times I deserved 24 hour ban to cool down simply because I am guilty of breaking this law... "venting when done in a mature, constructive manner"

Now I am sure some of you guys are going to break that law in your reply to me, however that law doesn't appear to apply here so go ahead... I have said my piece though I doubt anybody will really take much heed of it.

P.S. Before he started his "Witch hunt" as some of you seen to describe it I had spoken with Sithspawn quite a lot and he come off as a nice chap. I wish the mods would send a personal message before they got the ban hammer out, however I imagine that there is a lot of fires going on and a personal approach might not be so easy especially with repeat offenders.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 01/08/17 11:23 PM.
#4327014 - 01/08/17 11:24 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: Sobek]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek
Define normal........

I think most people understand what I mean. Moderating is more of an art form than a hard set way of doing things. You need to let the discussion develop and step in when people start insulting each other, not step on every discussion and try to steer it in a way that is "only" beneficial to the owner and squash anything else.

The heavy handed way things are done over there is not the way to handle it. But I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. All you have to do is look at the fact that there used to be thousands of users on at a time and now there are only maybe a hundred or so. I think that speaks volumes.

Sure, part of this may be to waning interest currently but a lot of it is forum treatment. If ED thinks this tactic is helping promote their product, they're sorely mistaken.

#4327016 - 01/08/17 11:29 PM Re: 2017 New and better year to dcs .. [Re: JG52Krupi]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
I have to say the attitude on these forums in regards to DCS stinks... I wish the mods would send a personal message before they got the ban hammer out, however I imagine that there is a lot of fires going on and a personal approach might not be so easy especially with repeat offenders.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I would like to point out there is still a lot of support in the sub forums for the "product" itself here at SimHQ. The beef with some people is how the forum is handled and not with the ED product, at least that's in my case.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.