Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
#4324498 - 12/30/16 05:01 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Viper1970]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Viper1970
Hello Kbird,

the X-Fighter uses a different base from the F22 Pro. It has normal springs not the torsion springs and the mechanics are made of plastic. But it's in my opinion the best base original Thrustmaster ever has made. I have three of them here. I love this stick, and it's also the only 1:1 copy of an B8 standard flight grip you could get. All others from Thrustmaster like the old FCS, PFCS and the later TopGun aren't the right size.

But back to the base, just remove the springs inside and you have a relatively good feedback from the stick for flying. No more hard centering. The stick centers over other mechanics beyound the dust cover. Could be a little stronger, but for my opinion a real good feeling. I hate the centering of most flight sticks and never found any good solution from any company. Some say that the saturn ring mechanics is real good (Suncom Hawk, Talon and Eagle) but it's only great moving it around the corners, cause it has also the same "latch back to center" problem.

I use the X-Fighter bases in my cockpit for my selfmade side- and center-stick controllers. I have also connected a rubber boot from a canibalized HOTAS-X to the X-Fighter base. The ring around the boot and the boot itself is much better.
I have 12 FLCS here and none of them has an intact ring around the rubber. The plastic it is made of, is very poor quality and they used electric drills to put the HOTAS together. Many of the screw connections are broken even if the sticks are in original mint condition. Same is with the TQS.

Missed this post earlier ....

you have 12 FLCS's ? wow....

I may misunderstand you but my Gameport X-Fighter has the Steel Coil Spring on the Gimbal , not the two smaller springs like in the Original FLCS stick , The X-Fighter is stiffer than the FLCS for sure , though I am not sure which one is "best" ? maybe personally preference I think but I tend to like a stiffer stick , it's why I switched to TM sticks originally as my CH Joysticks were too "sloppy + loose" and didn't give me enough "feedback" for fine control ( or that's what I thought at the time if I remember correctly).

this is mine in bits on the table, I will need to make a notch for the shaft and shorten the top to make the FLCS handle fit onto it though....

KB.

Last edited by Kbird; 12/30/16 05:08 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4324499 - 12/30/16 05:11 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Viper1970]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Have made an extra nozzle control for CAP2 at my TQS, but I hadn't the time to test the sim. But it looks real good and the flight behavior should be relative realistic, as far as I have read in some reviews.

thanks Viper good info , so you added another rotary controller to the TQS to control the Nozzle Angle ?

Which Rotary Controller did you use ? I like that idea... any Pics of it or your Mod?

Thx..KB

**edit: I hope you are right about CAP2 , I decided to add it to my Steam library since it is still on Sale.

Last edited by Kbird; 12/30/16 07:17 PM.

#4324502 - 12/30/16 05:15 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Viper1970]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

For the replacing the eraser head mouse you could also use a thumb stick of an old gamepad and connect it to unused axis of your USB-contoller-pcb.

Not a Console Gamer at all ...yukkk.... smile so no broken gamepads here but I have some extra TM Hat switches from the FLCS so I will Use one of them , it fits in the hole and can be held with Hot-Snot if needed I think.

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 12/30/16 07:08 AM.

#4324529 - 12/30/16 09:36 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Repvez Offline
Repvez  Offline

I changed the earase head stick in my TQS with ps3 minijoy
, but it not a good solution , because it is bigger than should be.
And it doesn't fit together the handle.

Can anyone how put in properly in there? or where can I buy those minijoy what the cougar use it, because there is the microswitch place in center not in side so it smaller and fit better than normal ministick

Last edited by Repvez; 12/30/16 07:12 PM.
#4324588 - 12/30/16 02:02 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Repvez

19x19x9mm - two analog axis

https://www.adafruit.com/product/444

#4324644 - 12/30/16 05:12 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

Curious this X-Fighter gimbal, mix compression and torsion springs.

Seems that Tm try something different than their "patented" R/C like gimbal (PFCS, F22PRO, Cougar...) and Warthog "piston".

#4324663 - 12/30/16 05:50 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Sokol1]  
Repvez Offline
Repvez  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Repvez

19x19x9mm - two analog axis

https://www.adafruit.com/product/444

i have this one too, but it has same way connection like a ps3 joy ?
only one difficult thing has with it same like ps3, how put in the handele properly and add one more extra push button?

#4324673 - 12/30/16 06:28 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Repvez]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Repvez
I changed the earase head stick in my TQS with ps3 minijoy
, but it not a good solution , because it is bigger than should be.
And it doesn't fit together the handle.

Can anyone how put in properly in there? or where can I buy those minijoy what the cougar use it, because there is the microswitch place in center not in side so it smaller and fit better than normal ministick

Hi Rep. I can't see your link to that image on google , just post Pics here in the Thread, so everyone can see them and they are saved for anyone reading the Thread in the future . Use the 5th Button from the left at the top of the Reply window with a blue up arrow to Upload and image and insert it into a post.

KB.

**Edit ..done above now...

Last edited by Kbird; 12/30/16 07:19 PM.

#4324676 - 12/30/16 06:33 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokol1

Curious this X-Fighter gimbal, mix compression and torsion springs.

Seems that Tm try something different than their "patented" R/C like gimbal (PFCS, F22PRO, Cougar...) and Warthog "piston".

I had not seen this system in the past either , this was the 1st time I ever opened it , I just assumed it had the normal two small springs like the FLCS and other sticks I've had. I like the weight of the X-Fighter Base though due to the steel bottom plate , it's something else I hadn't noticed till I dismantled it, but I think I will try and use it instead.

KB

#4324940 - 12/31/16 07:08 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

The Detent Removal on the CH Pro Pedals is pretty easy actually , 5 minutes with a sharp 20mm wood Chisel and they were gone. Locally I could not get the Springs in the Tutorials linked above but I found something similar at my local Auto-Parts Store in their Generic Spring Display Rack made by Dynaline, I used 9/16" x 2 7/8" and 1/2"x 1 5/8" x 0.72" sizes as they were the closest to those mentioned above.

I filed a small notch in the rear side of the post where the small centering spring attaches to stop it sliding off under pressure and hooked it on 1st, then pulled the "Grey Wing" forward until I got it over the Centre Pin and the Pins in the two Black Sliders , then Slide each Pedal to it max and hooked the other longer springs on fairly easily.

I have also finished up the Gameport Wiring and Soldering but now need to get it all back together which is a bear to say the Least :), trying to line it all up again is proving tough, I may regret rewiring the Pedals with heavier wires , which I thought would be better.... more on that later if I find a few tips to help others.

KB.

**Note the wing is upside down in the next two pics for these photos only...

Last edited by Kbird; 01/01/17 11:28 PM.

#4325199 - 01/02/17 12:03 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

My CH ProPedals are back together , and I think I know why the CH Engineers left the Wires long, it was easier to reassemble after extended the wires coming out of each pedal into the Base, it might be why they used a smaller gauge wire too, ie not so stiff. The new springs are definitely stiffer and it seems to center fine as well with the mod, but glad I added the silicon feet for grip on the Floor too as the will require more "push" from now on to operate too.

I used Arduino F/M Jumpers to the 5 pins used in the DB15 Gameport Plug and attached the Pedals to the Leonardo Axis Pins (AI pins)and I seems to be good and I have assigned Sources (IntSensor) and Assignments in MMJoy2 but I am not sure I have the Assignments right for a Rudder as MMJoy still says 0 Axis Used even though it is polling the IntSensors.

Currently I have these Assignments Assuming r(X) means Rudder as I can't find any Docs explaining MMJoy Assignments

rZ = Rudder
rY = Left toe Brake
rZ = Right Toe Brake

KB

***EDIT As noted in the main MMJOY2 thread .... Kbird - last MMJoy2 version 20161101 still displays Used axis:0. I think it is a BUG. But it doesn`t matter, axis are working correctly. I suggest you to use older version: MMJOY2[v20160818upd1].rar that displays axis OK.
Do not forget to set filter (e.g. x2-x4) and type of calibration.

Read more: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4325396#ixzz4UkUP6FVf

As you can see I Modded the ChPedals years ago for my Big Feet smile

Last edited by Kbird; 01/04/17 01:04 AM.

#4325390 - 01/02/17 09:55 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
Hi Kbird,

hm seems Thrustmaster has made different production lines of the X-Fighter. The three that I own have the same spring under the dustcover, but inside the have the same mechanics as the FLCS (except that they use white plastic instead of the black from the FLCS) with normal springs.

Just leave the torsion springs away and you have a relatively realistic feedback from the center spring. It's a bit to soft, but in my opinion the best solution. All other mechanics have this "latch to center" feeling which no real aircraft has. If you try to fly a helicopter with such a selfcentering stick it's a total disaster. I really hate them biggrin. But it's always a personal decision, what someone prefers.

For the thumbstick I had used some sticks I got really cheap at ebay. They had no pcb, only the two pots and a microswitch under one axis for the push button. I had to mill a bit out of the TQS handle, but be carefull not to mill a hole in the grip. It's only about a millimeter what you could mill on the TQS grip itself. You have to mill at the thumbsticks potentiometers and the microswitch housing also, but only very carefully! It has already to function after this action. Only mill off as much as they scrape through inside the handle. I don't have any photos of this work, cause as I told before, I decided to go back to the eraser hat.

Yes I have 12 FLCS, one F22 Pro, 6 eraser hat TQS, one trackball TQS, 8 WCS Mark 2, one WCS Mark 1 (Dip Switch Version), 5 FCS, 2 PFCS, 3 X-Fighter, 2 RCS Pedals (one gold and one black aluminium), one Elite Rudder Pedals, 5 Top Gun Sticks, 5 Attack Throttle and one Millenium 3D from Thrustmaster.

I only bought one WCS Mark 1 & 2, one FCS, one PFCS, one FLCS with a TQS (trackball version) and the golden RCS new. All the others of them I got really, really cheap at ebay, some years ago, as the Cougar Hype begins. Nobody wanted gameport sticks anymore, so you could get them nearly for free. I collected them over the years, cause I knew that I wanted to make a homepit somewhere in the future with many different HOTAS. Of the TopGun and Attack throttle I had over 20 pieces. Someone sold them at ebay for 1€ the set! I couldn't withstand, but my exwife has made a real terror, so I have given away some of them to my friends.

The main reason I bought all this, were the grips and the throttles itself, not the electronics. This idea came much later, as the Cougar prices exploded. My first idea was to use Cougar electronics and make different throttles and sticks out of the old hardware for those electronics. But now as one used Cougar cost over 300€ this isn't an option anymore. Sadly the Cougar prices rised extraordinary, since the end of it's production. For the old TM gear years ago it was the totally other way arround.

I have also collected three Suncom SFS Throttles (F-15 Throttle) and 2 Suncom Talon sticks (Hawk and Talon are the cheaper variants of the F-15 Eagle Stick). I have the very rare Suncom Eagle stick, too. A few months ago someone in the USA wanted to sale his Eagle for 250$ (for an old gameport stick!!!!) and I had really to laugh, cause I have payed about 5-10€ for mine some years ago at ebay. The stick was sold for 4 weeks and nobody wants to have it.

The last two or three years a new phenomenon came up. It's called retro gaming. Since that time they want to have 200€ for a stick many people throw away some years ago. What a silly world!

There are some pics of my pit and the HOTAS I made here in the forum. Just search for Viper1970. But it's all in an unfinished building state. Nothing is ready now, cause I could do the sanding, painting and lettering not before spring this year.

Last edited by Viper1970; 01/02/17 10:27 PM.

CockpitPC1: Ryzen9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2 SSD|2TB M2 SSD|Geforce RTX3090|Reverb G2|Win11Pro
CockpitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|2x Geforce GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: Ryzen9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce RTX2070|Win11 Pro
ComUnitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlonII X2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|Geforce 5950Ultra|2x VoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME
ComUnitPC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce 256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE
#4325413 - 01/02/17 11:40 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
O.k here are some pics of the project at the moment and some of the unfinished HOTAS. I will make an F-14 stick out of one X-Figter, an AV-8B and a F-18C Stick out of the two F-15 Talon I have also. A F-14 throttle replica is also in planning and maybe a F-18 throttle if I could get something with the right shape. The new TWCS from Thrustmaster is really near the F-18 throttle, but it's grip is only one piece, no split throttle and the ANT wheel is at the wrong place with a wrong shape.

If my financial situation gets better, maybe I will buy a new TWCS throttle and split it to dual (yeah lets saw him biggrin ). I only need the grip and connect him to a SFS Throttle. Place a TQS ANT wheel in the middle, where the split levers meet and colose the sawed housing. Put away the wrong placed outsided wheel and connect a switch to the left outside instead. Bingo nearly perfect FA-18C throttle! That's my way of building things, you couldn't buy. All you have to do is a real good sanding and painting (car spray color) after all. All the things look a bit scary at the moment, but this will go away wink

The Sidestick and the Centerstick will never used together while flying. Only one at a time. There is also an option for a Yoke and a Airbus like Sidestick in conjunction with a 4 lever Airliner throttle. The overhead is still in production and none of the consoles are mounted. They still lay only in the pit. At the end of the pics is the plan of the pit how it should look like if it's finished.

The ugly thing on one of the pics, which came out of the sidewall over the throttle, is an old Logitech GM2, which I modified (connected the GM2 hat of the mouse also) for standalone use with my Logitech trackball in the pit. This is my ARMA FPS control, if I jump out of an helo. For flying just push it back into the sidewall.

Last edited by Viper1970; 01/02/17 11:42 PM.

CockpitPC1: Ryzen9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2 SSD|2TB M2 SSD|Geforce RTX3090|Reverb G2|Win11Pro
CockpitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|2x Geforce GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlonII X2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|Geforce 5950Ultra|2x VoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME
#4325433 - 01/03/17 01:23 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Wow ....that is some setup, very nice ... perhaps one day when I have more room .... not sure how you manage in a 2 Bedroom Apartment? that's even more impressive smile

KB.

#4325440 - 01/03/17 02:08 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
As I said before, it's the dream of my past twenty years. I built my flat around the cockpit yep AND I only live with my son. No more wife which could stop such a project biggrin . My girlfriend lives with her son in her own flat. And she is much more tolerant as my exwife ever was. I hope this is still the same if we live together screwy .

The last years I never thought that my project ever becomes reality. I resigned myself that it possibly will ever be just a dream and not more. I hope I can finish it this time. I had a pit 18 years ago, but could never finish it. This is the second start now.

I dreamed of a homepit, since I bought my first WCS Mark 2, with which a flyer came with. It was the announcement of Thrustmasters F-16 cockpit with the title "Built a cockpit in your den". I contacted them about the prices and it relatively soon becomes clear that this is out of my budget. The sold only very few of this cockpits. A guy named Hans Krohn is one of the few, who had such a pit. He is also a real fantastic cockpit builder with great ideas.

As the TM pit was out of my reach, I began to make plans of building one on my own. The first prototype was ready in 1998, but never finished. After many moves to other locations it looked more like a part of a crashed airplane, so I decided to start again if I have the time for it. Never have thought that it will take 18 years before I make a new start.

#4325489 - 01/03/17 10:40 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
Back to the sticks. This is something I ever thought, could be a solution for a good feedback of a flight controller.
It's just an example not a correct drawing biggrin ! I only used a pic of a warthog, cause I had it on my HD.

Put out all the springs of a stick, extend it's axis and simply put a spring on the end of this axis. This way you have a clear defined center, but no "latch back" feeling. The force is defined by the spring you use. It's relatively simple to built, but it has the drawback that you must have the place beyond the stick for the mechanism.

#4326084 - 01/05/17 03:14 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

How come you haven't started a Thread of your own with all this good info you have ? looks great to me... I asked Thrustmaster UK for any info they have on my old sticks and I don't think the guy even knew what they were smile they only go back to the Cougar with Support ...

Probably you already know CUB SimPit's (Boxes etc) since they are in Europe (in Denmark) , but I just saw Sokol1 post this link in another Thread , they even have there own Arduino Firmware too.

http://lynx.dk/cub-firmware/

***edit: it appears they are using some Code etc from Kevin Brigidier here:
( I could see this website in their Installation Tutorial PDF)

https://codebender.cc/sketch:232199#ArduinoGamingController_Updated.ino

and MHeironimus on Github here:

https://github.com/MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary and here too

and MatthewH here:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-LeonardoMicro-as-Game-ControllerJoystick/

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 01/05/17 04:50 AM.

#4326307 - 01/05/17 11:02 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
Hi Kbird,

no I really didn't know CUB SimPits. Oh man, this is such a site I wish my financial situation would be a lot better as it is. They have parts I could only dream of. What would be possible if... nope , o.k. let's come back to real live frown .

I have played arround a lot with Arduino Mega R3 cards, cause I want to use them for my pits avionics. There are some nice sites with projects for cockpit building out there. But most of them are for use with the MSFS or XPlane, cause you need an installed FSUIPC or any other software-interface, to get all the knobs, switches etc. running. No plain keystroke emulation for windows. One guy called Jim made a real cool program you could add 66 buttons, rotaries or toggle to an Arduino Mega R3 without the need of FSX or FS9 running. You just could use it with any simulation. The link to his software is: http://www.jimspage.co.nz/arduino_keys_beta.htm

For my HOTAS I always want to stay with Thrustmaster, cause of there superb possibility of programming the gear. It's only a matter of money, that I choose to stay with my old FLCS/TQS. My target is to replace this old electronics someday in future with the Cougar electronics. It has much more options than the FLCS/TQS and supports USB. No more need for the complicated boot to DOS and PS/2 thing.

The good info came up, as this was my only option for building my HOTAS, the way I wanted to use it. I only had this old stuff and I don't want to have just a simple DirectX HOTAS, cause I loved the immense programmability of FLCS/TQS. BUT I wanted to have my control axis running over a precise USB connection. That's why I choose the BU0836 with hall sensors for the axis input.

Most guys think it's too complicated and I must admit that it really isn't the perfect solution, but the only one that worked for my needs.

There were so many good sites with many info about those old TM gear out there, but most of them are closed. There was a guy called "Cowboy", who brought with it's "digital bypass for FLCS" the idea to me, how I could still use the poties for keyboard emulation, while using the axis over USB. Originally this was meant for the gameport. Sadly "Cowboy" passed away a few years ago. Bob Church was also a guy with great ideas and superb software. He made the "digital chips" for the original FLCS/TQS and has a site called "Sickworks". He also was arround in the CH forum, but since two or three years, he isn't online anymore. He was a real Thrustmaster and joystick guru, and always answered questions very detailed and with great patience.

Those days I learned a lot, but I had to start from the beginning as the USB hype appears. No more simple way to built your own controller, cause you have to use a PCB for it. O.k I don't want to go back to the gameport now, but as all started, the USB way wasn't so much better. They made a digital support for the gameport, which was also rock solid in case of joystick precision, but in this case a PCB with a controller-chip in the stick was also required.

The only thing I never understood, is why anybody (mostly Microsoft) never changed the support of more than eight axis for one controller. This could make things much simpler. No more use for extra software to fake a virtual controller for simulators that doesn't support more than one joystick. Even today, where simulations got more and more complex and you really could need a bunch of analog inputs at one controller.

#4326325 - 01/06/17 12:13 AM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
I started with flight-simulation back those days at my dads C64. As I took off the first time in Chicago Meigs Field with the MSFS, I was infected with the flight-sim virus. This has never ended and now, as I'm 47, I'm still like a 12 year old boy if I see anything related with flight simulation. I believe they have to lay a HOTAS in my coffin if I pass away some day biggrin .

I did not only have collected controllers, I also have a huge collection of all kind of simulations. Mostly combat simulation like fighter jets, combat helos, tanks and submarines, cause they are my favorites, but I have also a lot of racing games too, for which I also built a little racing cockpit. Have made a force feedback H-shifter out of an old Logitech Force 3D and added a clutch to my Driving Force GT. But this pit is far away from the enthusiasm I have for my flight cockpit.

As I never could choose any fighter or helo as my favorite, cause I love them all, the idea of building an universal pit came up biggrin . If I had to choose one, I would go for the F-14D Tomcat, but sadly there isn't any good simulation since Microprose's Fleet Defender out there. One guy in the BMS forum is working on a really nice version for BMS 4.33.3 and Leatherneck sims is making a DCS version since two years. Hope they will finish it.

As I had so many controllers collected over the past twenty years, I decided to make the HOTAS individual for most aircraft, so you have the right feel of flying any bird. The pit itself has to be as universal as possible, but should also look as realistic as the universal purpose allows it. I have made a very small overhead panel too, to ramp start the big birds like the C-130, C-17 or the C-5 in MSFS also. It's far away from an exact copy of any overhead panel, but it has all functions needed for "airliner" or "big-helicopter" cockpit that you mostly need.

That's my philosophy of an homepit, and as far as I've seen on the web, I'm the only one at the moment with that idea. Hope I could infect some others with it biggrin , cause there are so many good sims and only stay with one aircraft in one sim get's boring some day, I think. I don't want to be a virtual fighter pilot, I wan't to have fun with many sims in a relatively realistic way. My pit isn't meant to be an accurate flight trainer, it should only convey the feeling of flying those different aircraft, and at first it should make fun.

#4326472 - 01/06/17 07:49 PM Re: F16-FLCS + TQS (Original) USB Conversion [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Viper1970 Offline
Viper1970  Offline

Bavaria, near Munich
Puh, one step further. I inserted the fresnel lenses in the 3 MFD's and the main gauges today. How is your project going on, Kbird?

I'm still far, far away from the finish nope . Hope the weather soon gets better, so I could use my balcony. Sanding and painting with carpaint isn't optimal in your living-room biggrin .

Today we had minus 12° Celius, so really no way to paint anything. If it's getting a little better I want to spray all the rotary switches with Telegrau 4 at least. After that i could make all the marker-lines on them. This might be a sisyphean labor, but meanwhile maybe the weather gets a few degrees warmer.

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.