Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4322568 - 12/23/16 01:14 AM WOFFUE is simply incredible! *****  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

I purchased it a few days ago but I didn't get around to installing it until today. I'm still setting up things the way I like them (joystick buttons, etc) but I had a chance to set up a few 6 on 6 quick fights and I am just FLOORED at the quality and fun of this simulator and I applaud the RAW TALENT that made this happen.

Not to compare but I transferred over from ROF so I thought the flight models would leave me wanting something. THEY DO NOT! They are wonderful and fluid and provide all the feedback one could want. I cannot believe THIS is CFS3 from......last decade???!? The ground detail.....the clouds...the WHOLE WORLD GOING ON DOWN THERE! What is this? A truck on a random road? TROOPS MAKING THEIR WAY SOMEWHERE. This is real. I have not even seen the front yet. The flak???......PERFECT.

The real sweetheart is, of course, the AI. I was so tired of the unrealistic tactics on ROF (okay...last time I bring up that name) so for me to see the AI act more realistic than.......human....is a godsend. They are scared for their lives.....or they are fly-straight rookies.....or they are #%&*$#-hot aces that give me the scare of MY life! I am addicted! I can tell I'm going to get involved in every challenge that this community offers. It is just too good not to.

Ok...to be fair......and not a complete fanboy.....the exterior view system is clunky. Maybe something I must learn to master. The "other" title is a bit more........fluid. NOT BETTER GRAPHICS, mind you....just more fluid.

I do get stutters for the first 15 to 20 seconds of the quick battle but then it is glass. I am going to guess that this is just loading stutters and won't bother me in longer campaign flights.

Bravo gentlemen! Bravo on this. You need to be proud of your work. I am just overjoyed that I get to experience this simulator.

Lanzfeld

#4322577 - 12/23/16 02:17 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Welcome aboard, dear sir! I'm glad someone with real experience over at "the other title" has made the switch. I, too marvel that they have been able to do so much with CFS3. I don't get to fly much, but that's the other great thing about WOFF - this forum! You won't find a better bunch of fliers anywhere I've ever seen on the web.

On the little bit that I do get to fly, I don't mess with the exterior view system much, but yes, it's a CFS3 leftover, too, AFAIK. I stay in the cockpit, fly as much as possible without aids, and marvel that in real life these guys could actually fly and navigate in these machines, much less fight.

So again, welcome aboard, and Merry Christmas! Oh, and new guy buys the drinks! beercheers

(That's usually RAF_Louvert's greeting, but I suspect he's busily working on his two new add-ons, writing his annual Christmas WOFF article, making Christmas for his own family, and working - in some order or combination!)

- and make mine a Guiness!
-and if you wish, check for the pilot maps thread, tell Olham roughly where you live, and he'll add you to the world map of where we all are.
-and get RAF-Louvert's maps to fly with. They're also available at the user mod downloads over at www.overflandersfields.com

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4322580 - 12/23/16 02:54 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

Guiness.....nectar of the gods!

Where are those maps? Can't find them.

#4322592 - 12/23/16 03:57 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Lanzfeld
Guiness.....nectar of the gods!

Where are those maps? Can't find them.

WOFF Western Front Maps by RAF_Louvert are at this location:

WOFF Western Front Maps - click here

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4322652 - 12/23/16 01:54 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Welcome to the WOFF virtual skies Lanzfeld, glad to have you with us! Don't hesitate to ask questions as you go along and always, always watch your six. As HumanDrone has already pointed out the most important bit of information, and as Extra Stout appears to be the drink of the day, a pinta' for yours truly my good man!

cheers

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4322654 - 12/23/16 02:04 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

Gentlemen....

More is coming. Enjoy.

#4322700 - 12/23/16 04:05 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Mmmmmmmmmm!
Burp.....thanks muchly!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4322721 - 12/23/16 05:08 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
Yes, there is always the perception that coming from RoF to WoFF would be some sort of let down...
Still, like many here I have both and enjoy both games. There is always space on my HD for WWI aviation, regardless where it comes from smile

#4322725 - 12/23/16 05:24 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

Oh! I just noticed my Guiness photo above is 3 flights of 3, all in Vic formation.

How......serendipitous

Last edited by Lanzfeld; 12/23/16 05:24 PM.
#4322734 - 12/23/16 05:35 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Hiya Lanzfeld!

So glad to see some new folks finding this fantastic sim. I've worked up a full review of the sim and I'm hoping to get it published somewhere. It's a much longer-winded version of what you described. WOFF:UE is just the whole package. It's not just a flight sim, or a time machine, it is a fully realized replication of the whole bloody war - in the air and on the ground - and you can step into it anytime you like. It really defies words - everything I write just sounds like hyperbole.

I'm sadly away from my flying rig so I can't get in any time over the holidays but I have a roster of pilots waiting upon my return. Can't wait to get back to it.

In the meantime, enjoy and let us know your thoughts as you get deeper into this fantastic sim!

Cheers!

#4323844 - 12/27/16 10:38 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
NS13Jarhead Offline
NS13Jarhead  Offline

Northern Virgina, USA
Gentlemen,

I'm back! I just ordered, downloaded, and installed UE.

I had been offline since upgrading to a new machine a while ago when my OFF BH&H didn't make it onto the new computer, mostly due to a Win10 failure of the old Saitek X45 joystick. Plus, new job and other real life interference. So I just relegated the whole WWI flying thing to the dustbin. Well, I've finally gotten everything back in order, with a new Thrustmaster 4 and a Samsung SSD. In the interim, I had been checking in on the OBD website as well as here, and I saw the Christmas sale. Now I'm just trying to get my skills back and I'll be clearing the skies over Flanders in no time.

I flew a few missions w/o enemy contact, just to get the feel of it back, and I swear I almost felt that I was there. Well Done, OBD! Much better than previous versions - install was ridiculously simple, even the extra skins and music. I can't wait to see as many of those personalized skins as I can. Now I just have to figure out optimal button mapping for the new HOTAS and knock the dust of the Track IR.

Semper Fi,

NS13Jarhead
#4323854 - 12/27/16 11:21 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Welcome back Jarhead, you are in for a treat with WOFF UE! Also, you'll find your cot just as you left it, unmade and fairly ripe, which is why we dragged it out behind the far hangar, (I said you'd find it just as you left it, not just where you left it).

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4323924 - 12/28/16 09:26 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Hi Lanzfeld and Jarhead,
Your comments are appreciated - enjoyment, immersion and historical accuracy is what OBD strives for.
Spread the word,

Thanks.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4323974 - 12/28/16 02:56 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I've been away from simming for quite awhile (apart from playing Falcon 4 BMS occasionally from time to time) and as such I've never acquired WOFF2 and 3 and as such the release of WOFFUE was an excellent news for me.

As such I bought WOFFUE as my "Christmas present" and yes, WOFFUE is amazing (and I still haven't had time to play it much) with lots of new details such as seeing crewmen dying (pilot or gunner).
And of course the new DirectX9 effects (such as the new water) are also excellent.

Well, off to play WOFF UE wink

#4324040 - 12/28/16 06:47 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Welcome to UE ric! If you want to make things even more challenging, AnKor just added a new mod that simulates g-force effects on the pilots point of view (ie, your head moves around as if being pushed by g-forces instead of remaining in a perfectly static position no matter what acrobatics you are performing. It takes accurate aiming to a whole new level of difficult reality!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324035/1

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4324077 - 12/28/16 09:10 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Thanks Hellshade and also thanks for the heads up. That mod certainly looks great indeed!

#4324155 - 12/29/16 02:02 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

A few more questions good Chaps!
Yes yes beers inbound of course!

1. I am a flight leader! We are all sub-LT's so it's my show. I am not using in game map or the TAC. RIR flying and navigating for me. I Was leading a fine wingman to the front for 22 minutes of arty spotting. Arrived in good order and started the circuit and hacked the clock. Now.....I know when 22 minutes is up but...is there ANY indication I have fulfilled my mission? I am worried I may drift too far from the area during a distracted circuit and stop the 22 minutes clock. Just want to make sure I don't miss something.

2. I am a much better leader in the BE2 than anyone in the theatre it seems. No throttle jockey here! Just set the power at 98% and the formation is MUCH better than when the AI leads. Not a question....just saying.

3. The option is the workshop......we have "in cloud fog" on or off. What does this do? I tried on and off and didn't notice a difference.

#4324231 - 12/29/16 11:19 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

1. Nope not whilst flying, you expecting the CO to fire a flare up for you?
2. Super, then you lead smile
3. With "in-cloud fog on, as the name suggests when you go in a deep cloud you won't see much smile - you won't notice a difference until you actually fly into one.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4324237 - 12/29/16 11:55 AM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

Ok so with respect to the first question...

When I get back to th base the debrief says...." two airplanes took off, two airplanes arrived at the recon area, two planes landed safely "

So does this mean that my Mission was a success and my loiter time was good?

Oh and before I forget.....when I create a new pilot....what does the setting "rookie vs veteran" do?

Thank you good Chaps!

Last edited by Lanzfeld; 12/29/16 01:09 PM.
#4324401 - 12/29/16 10:41 PM Re: WOFFUE is simply incredible! [Re: Lanzfeld]  
Lanzfeld Offline
Lanzfeld  Offline

Okay I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere it I can't recall 100%

The option "enhanced AI" should normally be off correct? This way only some of the AI are really good and not all of them?

Or do I have that wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse