Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4322175 - 12/21/16 07:20 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

Skate, what you wrote sounds reasonable, although let me point you to where your story crumbles:

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

So if said 3rd party is not being responsive in your support requests, and you go on the forum and unleash a profanity filled rant, it's going to get deleted, and it's going to receive administrative action (warning etc).

- I have never unleashed any profanity filled rant

just reporting some issues, replying to threads, asking legitimate questions and defending my points with supporting evidence after the attempts of ridiculing, dismissing, moving / hiding or deleting posts by some of the mods there. On a constant basis.
THAT is what, believe it or not, has got me far too many unwarranted warnings and a few bans. Certainly not the profanity, rudeness or any other similar stuff that certainly was never in any of my posts.

I'm sure 99% of the people here can totally relate to my experience. It's just dirty modding practices by some of the mods there. Admittedly you don't seem to be one of them, at least in my experience, and that's why you probably have actually no idea of what really goes on in some circumstances in that forum.

Last edited by bkthunder; 12/21/16 07:22 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4322178 - 12/21/16 07:38 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
In all seriousness, I'll outright ask if I think someone will be posting continuously the same thing.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4322210 - 12/21/16 10:04 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: LuseKofte]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: LuseKofte
Quote:
They are missing release dates not by days, not by weeks, not by months but by years. YEARS FFS. That is unacceptable for a paid product

In all other situations I would say yes, but those buying DCS products are perfectly aware of the situation and buy it anyway. To me it is a matter of do I want to fly or do I not. So in that perspective you are only to blame yourself for being frustrated.

The people with the unfinished modules know that NOW, sure. Did they have that info 2-3 years ago? Hindsight is 20/20.

When you know what deal you are into, you need to take responsibility for own actions

Nice try dude. But no dice. When you buy an Early Access product ANYWHERE ELSE, you expect it to be finished in a timely manner. Maybe a year, maybe two, but you expect it to be finished and you expect the developers to keep hammering away at the product until it's done. Why does ED get a pass on this expectation? How do you think the gaming community would react if FIFA 2014 was still in Beta and EA was now working on FIFA 2017?

Sure, we'll take responsibility for our actions, but ED also needs to take responsibility for it's decisions and you'd have to come up with a damn good argument to convince anyone that the bigger slice of the responsibility is with the consumer. It isn't, it's with the ones making and selling the product.

I never said they could not do wrong, I have owned DCS stuff since early LockOn, I never been active until now when they got really good choppers. I fly a wonderful MI 8 and KA 50. This is a pleasure every time.

You own only two modules out of how many ED is selling. The KA-50 is even out of the equation as it has been "released" a long, long time ago. So all you really have is the Mi-8, and you are lucky it's a good module. Now be a good lad and imagine if you backed the WWII kickstarter. Or bought one of the other unfinished modules. Would you still have the same attitude? I bet not.

But I knew it would be endless beta periods. In fact I am a bit disappointed by they finished the MI 8 without adding the winch on the side.

Again, sure, you know that now. Would you say you had the same conviction 3-5 years ago?

I still enjoy flying the choppers in this simulator, in that regard it is the best in the world.

I do agree with you there! I have a love-hate relationship with the Shark... biggrin

- Ice
#4322212 - 12/21/16 10:14 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Example?
ED is the Bad guy now because of the License Key Policy, in which a user cannot easily/freely transfer an activated license to another user, its the end of the world.

Please tell me, do you bring out the pitch forks and criticize Steam, Origin, and U-Play for the same model regarding user restricted DRM?

Precedent. Your turn.

3rd Party sites were buying large lots (lots meaning groups of say 20+ keys) of module keys during steam or ed's high % off sales using fraudulent payment methods and re-selling them to users at higher prices (ie bought for $9.99 @ 70% off steam flash sale, and reselling for $29.99) on their sites among other things that were causing users problems.

Users were being ripped off, by purchasing keys that were either already bound to an account belonging to the site or have been blacklisted for using fraudulent payment methods, meaning they could not use the key online, or at all in the case of black listed keys.

ED is protecting it's users from further License Key problems, and everyone here chose to see it as ED Just trying to find a way to peeve you off.
The Starforce Keys are not Freely Generated, they are paid for usually in allotments to be Generated by Starforce, So when some 3rd party scam site buys an allotment of 100 keys during a sale, and they are forced to be blacklisted due to fraud, that also costs ED money, and it prevents the actual users from being able to participate in sale prices when the 3rd party sites buy up the entire allotment of keys.

Well boo-f'n-hoo for ED. Let me ask you these questions though:
1. Did ED have to return the money to the bank or wherever?
2. Does ED not know which keys were purchased by whom, and therefore which keys are "bad" and which ones are active on legit accounts?
3. How hard is it to implement a hard cap on how many modules a certain user can purchase? Put it at 5 keys per user per day, won't that solve the hoarding problem?

None of your reasons above explain why an average user, with ONE or TWO copies of certain modules and have had NO HISTORY of fraud, is grouped with the above scammers and prevented from selling/passing his modules onto another simmer. Even if we make the assumption that your story is true, what does that have to do with the average, above-board customer of ED?

The issue here is, with current events, no one here bothers to ask or look at these things logically, just assume it's ED trying to rain on your parade to spite you.

I just put some logic there, I await your logic-filled reply.

- Ice
#4322230 - 12/21/16 10:58 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Everyone purchased their keys under the previous license agreement. At what point after the sale when ED changed the EULA did everyone agree to it and/or become bound by it?

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4322253 - 12/22/16 12:11 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: Paradaz]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Everyone purchased their keys under the previous license agreement. At what point after the sale when ED changed the EULA did everyone agree to it and/or become bound by it?

Hmm, not sure maybe the bullsh1t "Everything is subject to change covers them on this one?"

Notice the way he totally ignored my post asking about which catagories these keys fall under

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4322258 - 12/22/16 12:24 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

At what point after the sale when ED changed the EULA did everyone agree to it and/or become bound by it?

Maybe when you installed the product or played it again? Something along the lines of "if the user continues using this product after [date], they have expressly agreed to the new EULA." AFAIK, other games like War Thunder pops up a new EULA screen when they change it, not sure if this is the case with DCS?

I wonder if I've not installed or touched my DCS modules since before the EULA change, can I now get a refund from ED stating that I do not agree to the new EULA and would like my money back?

- Ice
#4322268 - 12/22/16 01:04 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: - Ice]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Maybe when you installed the product or played it again? Something along the lines of "if the user continues using this product after [date], they have expressly agreed to the new EULA." AFAIK, other games like War Thunder pops up a new EULA screen when they change it, not sure if this is the case with DCS?

I wonder if I've not installed or touched my DCS modules since before the EULA change, can I now get a refund from ED stating that I do not agree to the new EULA and would like my money back?

Those are very valid points. I wonder if any one from ED would like to comment on that? A finished product is one thing but releasing an "extended early access/beta" and changing the EULA before the product is finished and expecting folk to abide by it is a bit "cheaty". What happens if they change the EULa to say "if you use this product ED are entitled to your car and to move into your home"?

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 12/22/16 01:13 AM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4322269 - 12/22/16 01:07 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind
Notice the way he totally ignored my post asking about which catagories these keys fall under

Absolutely

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4322274 - 12/22/16 01:31 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
There you go with the assumptions to maintain a personal perspective.

I didnt ignore anything, I do not live on the forums, I have a life ya know.

And I wont disclose information regarding the subject anymore than already has,

the system was being exploited, harshly, so the system was locked up, and a new Gifting System is in the works,

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4322325 - 12/22/16 09:44 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Not an assumption , its a fact, you did not reply to the question even with a no comment
yet replied to others

The point is simple, illegally obtained keys are being grouped along with legally purchsed ones
and the end user is the one who is suffering

I don't think enyone in their right mind would argue with ED invalidating keys that have not been paid for ....
BUT people who have obtained keys that have been purchased legally that ED have been PAID FOR then being invalidated is something that doesn't sit right with me (how do the rest of you feel about this?)

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4322331 - 12/22/16 11:08 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
tagTaken2 Offline
tagTaken2  Offline

Gone
Not an assumption , its a fact, you did not reply to the question even with a no comment
yet replied to others
(how do the rest of you feel about this?)

Maybe you're on his ignore list?

You've made mine by now - have a great Christmas, though.

#4322336 - 12/22/16 11:46 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
yet replied to others

The point is simple, illegally obtained keys are being grouped along with legally purchsed ones

I don't think enyone in their right mind would argue with ED invalidating keys that have not been paid for ....
BUT people who have obtained keys that have been purchased legally that ED have been PAID FOR then being invalidated is something that doesn't sit right with me (how do the rest of you feel about this?)

I didnt realize I had to reply to every post so you know I read it, even though I did not have an answer,

Now you sound like a jealous teen on christmas.... replied to other posts but not mine... "

Where did anyone say anything about ED or Starforce Blacklisting Legally Purchased Keys?

#4322343 - 12/22/16 12:09 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Leaf, I can't see any point in headbanging with the resident ED mouthpiece, he's perfected the art of answering questions without actually answering them.
Just let it go, your only going to wind yourself up and annoy the forum furniture.

#4322347 - 12/22/16 12:26 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

yet replied to others

I didnt realize I had to reply to every post so you know I read it, even though I did not have an answer,

Now you sound like a jealous teen on christmas.... replied to other posts but not mine... "

Where did anyone say anything about ED or Starforce Blacklisting Legally Purchased Keys?

This bit high lighted in BOLD

Either purchased fraudulently or purchased in large allotments during sales w/ intent to re-sell at higher price.
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4322117/Re:_Why_is_everyone_so_negativ#Post4322117

First part defines the illegal ones the second just bulk bought (not illegal?)

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 12/22/16 12:29 PM.

#4322354 - 12/22/16 01:00 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
large allotments, is well over the usable amount by any one user.

And Im pretty sure the large allotments were tracked back to the sites easily.

#4322358 - 12/22/16 01:08 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

yet replied to others

It doesn't sit right with me either. I noticed, during the kickstarter, the DCS communities inability to find empathy with their fellow simmers. How they will thank ED for anything while trampling their peers in the rush for a new product.
Like leaf has said, ED has been paid for these keys, the ones bought legally. are they so desperate for sales that they now require customers to buy their products twice?

DCS Kickstarter
#4322359 - 12/22/16 01:12 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

large allotments, is well over the usable amount by any one user.

And Im pretty sure the large allotments were tracked back to the sites easily.

But not illegally bought and ED received payment.

DCS Kickstarter
#4322360 - 12/22/16 01:19 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
ED is just upset that they didn't get a cut of the markup price.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4322361 - 12/22/16 01:22 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Imagine if you bought a ticket for a football match and were told, on entry, sorry you can't come in because you bought this ticket from some guy, who bought the ticket legally, but bought more than he should have. You'll have to pay again.
It's capitalism.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 12/22/16 01:28 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.