Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4321930 - 12/21/16 12:58 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Does nobody on the Russian-speaking section know of the reputation ED is gaining from the English-speaking section?

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4321934 - 12/21/16 01:10 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
They must have a clue, unless they pay no attention to the English speaking side, which is another accusation constantly thrown at them by the disgruntled masses.

#4321948 - 12/21/16 02:08 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: Noodle]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: Noodle
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
You cannot blame ED's Moderators...

Can and do.

I seem to recall a recent political contest which had an unexpected outcome because certain people were incapable of hearing the frustration being expressed.

They scrambled to blame others deflect criticism much the way ED does. It doesn't even cross your mind that perhaps you could learn something from someone you deem to be "mouthy", "obsessive", or a "complainer". You're seemingly incapable of recognizing that some of those whom you so casually and flippantly label might actually have altruistic intentions.

For me, the worst part is that you and your moderator friends don't even matter. You're not ED employees; you have no stake in the design, development, marketing, or support of DCS, yet you insert yourselves into the process. Making decisions and taking actions which ultimately cause damage to ED's reputation and limit the potential of ED's products.

I continue to believe that ED's developers are both highly skilled and quite capable of accepting feedback, positive and negative. The breakdown lies in the dysfunctional layer between the community and the developers--the moderators and the producer to whom they answer.

You can try and paint us all as nasty human beings not worthy of your time and attention. You can claim that we have nothing useful to contribute, but the truth is that people like you created this situation with your heavy-handed tactics. Instead of engaging with the community and taking their feedback seriously, you isolate them, marginalize them, ban them, then follow them to another forum and hassle them there too. You're Don Quixote fighting windmills. We were never the enemy, but you treat us like we are.

That's why you have this festering mess you can't get rid of. You can fix it though; all is not lost. All you have to do is listen to your customers and include them in the process. All you have to do is start moderating more and censoring less. It's well within the realm of possibility to build a strong and unified community...but the change in culture required probably needs to start from the top. Personally, I doubt that kind of top-down revolution is possible given the incumbent. And so I look forward to the day when ED realizes that a personnel change is warranted.

My last contribution to this discussion (which I happen to find decently healthy compared to past discussions),

1. The Labels I mentioned, do not apply to everyone here, But to the ones they do apply to, they are justly applied.
2. Please dont tell me what you think I do or dont do for DCS, You have no clue.
3. Yes there are past SMEs and Testers that left around the A-10C Release, that pre-dates my involvement, so I have no say or right to judge on the matter.
4. I Didnt Follow Nobody No Where, I was Posting, Contributing Articles, Reviews, and Content to SimHQ Before a Majority of the current roster of posters even joined SimHQ. (Circa 2001)

I can go on, but to what end? each side has their faults, and abuse feedback/criticism is something ED will never take lightly, whether you want them to or not.

By All Means, Walk into a Department store, and proceed to bash the employees, bash the contracted security staff, bash the pepsi man filling up the soda machine and create a gigantic scene over your displeasure with the store, and provide little to NO actual feedback to the store, and tell me they dont either have you arrested or barred from the property.

As I've said before, there is a Difference between a Professionally Owned and Operated Forum, and a Privately Operated One, the Main thing is the Rules about Abusive Feedback and behavior.

p.s. I Didnt Mall Cop anything, I Moderate Close to half a Dozen Major Forums, and Moderated well over a Dozen larger ones (Microsoft, Xbox, Forza/Turn10, etc).

Last edited by SkateZilla; 12/21/16 02:12 AM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4321951 - 12/21/16 02:21 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK

My last contribution to this discussion

Good, if you chose to bless us with your presence in another one, try and post something worth reading.

#4321953 - 12/21/16 02:31 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
tagTaken2 Offline
tagTaken2  Offline

Gone
You cannot blame ED's Moderators for Member's behavior here, Sorry, the way they behave is the way they behave, regardless of Who Moderates a completely different site, That's like me logging into facebook and being a downright absolute bagger of the 1st order because twitter's moderation sucks.

The overly mouthy and no sense of respect towards anything users ended up here because they were banned from everywhere else.

The overly obsessive and otherwise reliably passionate complainer users ended up here because they feel safe here.

Hear, hear.

#4321954 - 12/21/16 02:31 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
Noodle Offline
Noodle  Offline

My last contribution to this discussion...

Well, there you go. You didn't hear a word I said, which is why nothing will change and this issue will continue to be a thorn in your side.

The analogy you made embodies the exact behavior I tried to alert you to. You're convinced that your petty labels apply "justly" to those you've seen fit to judge from your admittedly ignorant point of view. You feel justified in your indignation and are obviously defensive, yet you can't empathize with the way you make others feel.

I reiterate that the situation will never improve as long as ED has people like you--so indignant and callous--representing them. At some point either "you" go or we do. I know what your preference is, but I wonder if ED's bottom line feels the same way?

#4321960 - 12/21/16 03:07 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Can and do.

I seem to recall a recent political contest which had an unexpected outcome because certain people were incapable of hearing the frustration being expressed.

They scrambled to blame others deflect criticism much the way ED does. It doesn't even cross your mind that perhaps you could learn something from someone you deem to be "mouthy", "obsessive", or a "complainer". You're seemingly incapable of recognizing that some of those whom you so casually and flippantly label might actually have altruistic intentions.

For me, the worst part is that you and your moderator friends don't even matter. You're not ED employees; you have no stake in the design, development, marketing, or support of DCS, yet you insert yourselves into the process. Making decisions and taking actions which ultimately cause damage to ED's reputation and limit the potential of ED's products.

I continue to believe that ED's developers are both highly skilled and quite capable of accepting feedback, positive and negative. The breakdown lies in the dysfunctional layer between the community and the developers--the moderators and the producer to whom they answer.

You can try and paint us all as nasty human beings not worthy of your time and attention. You can claim that we have nothing useful to contribute, but the truth is that people like you created this situation with your heavy-handed tactics. Instead of engaging with the community and taking their feedback seriously, you isolate them, marginalize them, ban them, then follow them to another forum and hassle them there too. You're Don Quixote fighting windmills. We were never the enemy, but you treat us like we are.

That's why you have this festering mess you can't get rid of. You can fix it though; all is not lost. All you have to do is listen to your customers and include them in the process. All you have to do is start moderating more and censoring less. It's well within the realm of possibility to build a strong and unified community...but the change in culture required probably needs to start from the top. Personally, I doubt that kind of top-down revolution is possible given the incumbent. And so I look forward to the day when ED realizes that a personnel change is warranted.

My last contribution to this discussion (which I happen to find decently healthy compared to past discussions),

1. The Labels I mentioned, do not apply to everyone here, But to the ones they do apply to, they are justly applied.
2. Please dont tell me what you think I do or dont do for DCS, You have no clue.
3. Yes there are past SMEs and Testers that left around the A-10C Release, that pre-dates my involvement, so I have no say or right to judge on the matter.
4. I Didnt Follow Nobody No Where, I was Posting, Contributing Articles, Reviews, and Content to SimHQ Before a Majority of the current roster of posters even joined SimHQ. (Circa 2001)

I can go on, but to what end? each side has their faults, and abuse feedback/criticism is something ED will never take lightly, whether you want them to or not.

By All Means, Walk into a Department store, and proceed to bash the employees, bash the contracted security staff, bash the pepsi man filling up the soda machine and create a gigantic scene over your displeasure with the store, and provide little to NO actual feedback to the store, and tell me they dont either have you arrested or barred from the property.

As I've said before, there is a Difference between a Professionally Owned and Operated Forum, and a Privately Operated One, the Main thing is the Rules about Abusive Feedback and behavior.

If I went to a department store and asked for a refund on a product that was unsatisfactory, unfinished for a number of years beyond a reasonable length of time due to the constant moving of goalposts the department store employee would offer a refund and not tell me to "#%&*$# off".
ED are selling a product with no clearly defined end date. They are missing release dates not by days, not by weeks, not by months but by years. YEARS FFS. That is unacceptable for a paid product. You want to talk about abuse? That's abuse of the customer. The excuses for delays are becoming tiresome. The drip, drip of patches that fix one thing but break 2 have become tiresome. If ED want respect they need to start respecting their customers by finishing what has been paid for and not delaying that by picking up new military contracts, not deciding to develop and release new modules. Get their 3rd parties in line by refusing to let them release a second "early access" product until they finish their first one, just to prove they are actually competent enough to do so. I've heard the argument against buying "early access" products but when the official forums are full of nothing but praise and censorship it kind of nullifies that argument for new customers. Folk are unhappy, I was damn angry by the way myself and others were treated regarding RRG and EDs kickstarter that anger got me banned from complaining. I won't spend any more money on DCS world but I am still a customer and if I want to complain I will. And I will complain, here, however I like, within the rules of these forums, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I couldn't care less how my complaining about ED irks you.
Edit, actually I care that folk come here to complain about the complaints, like folk have no right to complain. That is irritating.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 12/21/16 03:24 AM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4322012 - 12/21/16 09:15 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK

For God's sake man!! Do you think that's what we're doing? If so, then you either can't read or can't comprehend! I know you're smarter than THAT Skate. So are you lying just to support your agenda?

Show me one good "bashing" here that you think will survive 5 seconds, copied verbatim, in the ED forums after one of their mods read it.

Show me one good "bashing" here that "provide little to NO actual feedback"?

If anyone that has any control in ED had a brain, someone could post "ED's new policy on selling/trading module keys is wrong" and that could be valuable, actionable feedback. But where is your evidence of ED listening to ALL issues presented to them? They'll listen to some, sure, but not all. They can also fix the issue you've complained about, the issue that got you banned, but still have you banned from their forums.

- Ice
#4322022 - 12/21/16 10:28 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
the net effect of that forum has been that it now defines the product.

#4322025 - 12/21/16 10:44 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: Noodle]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

I am a big supporter of this very theory and I have written this many times in many places. ED is f*cked up by their out of control mods.

@Skate, I respect most of your opinions, and your moderation over at ED is indeed not the worst there is (we all know who the worst is, don't we?) - BUT - calling people here the way you did just shows the typical dismissive attitude you all have over there. If you say that people like Snoopy, noodle or even myself have not contributed anything to the discussions and reporting on ED forums, well... sad really.

Last edited by bkthunder; 12/21/16 11:51 AM.
#4322028 - 12/21/16 11:50 AM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

[quote]They are missing release dates not by days, not by weeks, not by months but by years. YEARS FFS. That is unacceptable for a paid product[/quote)

In all other situations I would say yes, but those buying DCS products are perfectly aware of the situation and buy it anyway. To me it is a matter of do I want to fly or do I not. So in that perspective you are only to blame yourself for being frustrated.
When you know what deal you are into, you need to take responsibility for own actions

Last edited by LuseKofte; 12/21/16 11:52 AM.
#4322050 - 12/21/16 01:12 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: LuseKofte]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: LuseKofte
[quote]They are missing release dates not by days, not by weeks, not by months but by years. YEARS FFS. That is unacceptable for a paid product[/quote)

In all other situations I would say yes, but those buying DCS products are perfectly aware of the situation and buy it anyway. To me it is a matter of do I want to fly or do I not. So in that perspective you are only to blame yourself for being frustrated.
When you know what deal you are into, you need to take responsibility for own actions

In all other situations? ED can do no wrong in your eyes obviously. Any other company that does that is wrong but When ED does it it's all OK?
I have no intention of buying any more DCS products, I have no intention of getting more "frustrated" with ED. Other software companies I will quite happily buy early access because they have proven they can produce within a reasonable time line.
Like I said, New customers are not fully aware of the "situation". They visit the official forums and all they see is a sanitised view of DCS products. So they end up in the "situation" and if they are unhappy and complain they are banned. On and on it goes. EDs reputation is growing. It's not a good reputation.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4322052 - 12/21/16 01:45 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
At least the ED Mods did something right when they PRSed the Hungarian nazi lover yesterday. To bad he took another member with him.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4322058 - 12/21/16 02:07 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

I never said they could not do wrong, I have owned DCS stuff since early LockOn, I never been active until now when they got really good choppers. I fly a wonderful MI 8 and KA 50. This is a pleasure every time.
But I knew it would be endless beta periods. In fact I am a bit disappointed by they finished the MI 8 without adding the winch on the side.
But the only time I feel I am without a blame is when I bought LockOn , after that I knew what I was into.
Yes you are right about your judgement, but do not tell me you did not know about this when you bought it.
I never normally go into these kind of discussions, they never lead into any good , only frustration. And this is why I stop now. If you choose to judge me as a fanboy of any sort , please do, I still enjoy flying the choppers in this simulator, in that regard it is the best in the world.

#4322097 - 12/21/16 04:12 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: bkthunder

I am a big supporter of this very theory and I have written this many times in many places. ED is f*cked up by their out of control mods.

@Skate, I respect most of your opinions, and your moderation over at ED is indeed not the worst there is (we all know who the worst is, don't we?) - BUT - calling people here the way you did just shows the typical dismissive attitude you all have over there. If you say that people like Snoopy, noodle or even myself have not contributed anything to the discussions and reporting on ED forums, well... sad really.

For clarification, I'm well aware of the vast time and efforts Snoopy and Noodle contributed to the Testing of A-10C and subsequent updates.

I merely justly apply labels to those that apply them to me. (and no, i do not apply labels to Paul or Noodle).

I don't post in this section as much anymore due to those labels,

I check in from time to time while I'm posting in other sections, But outside of Rants, there's really no active topic to contribute anything to from my end because I'll just be attacked by everyone that believes ED's mission is to make your Cheerios taste like poodle poo.

And when I do contribute it goes south quickly, and I thought it was a bit ironic, that everyone wanted ED Presence off the SimHQ Boards, but when something happens, they want input from someone from ED or they completely go off on speculative tangents before asking for an explanation from the source.

Example?
ED is the Bad guy now because of the License Key Policy, in which a user cannot easily/freely transfer an activated license to another user, its the end of the world.

Please tell me, do you bring out the pitch forks and criticize Steam, Origin, and U-Play for the same model regarding user restricted DRM?

3rd Party sites were buying large lots (lots meaning groups of say 20+ keys) of module keys during steam or ed's high % off sales using fraudulent payment methods and re-selling them to users at higher prices (ie bought for $9.99 @ 70% off steam flash sale, and reselling for $29.99) on their sites among other things that were causing users problems.

Users were being ripped off, by purchasing keys that were either already bound to an account belonging to the site or have been blacklisted for using fraudulent payment methods, meaning they could not use the key online, or at all in the case of black listed keys.

ED is protecting it's users from further License Key problems, and everyone here chose to see it as ED Just trying to find a way to peeve you off.
The Starforce Keys are not Freely Generated, they are paid for usually in allotments to be Generated by Starforce, So when some 3rd party scam site buys an allotment of 100 keys during a sale, and they are forced to be blacklisted due to fraud, that also costs ED money, and it prevents the actual users from being able to participate in sale prices when the 3rd party sites buy up the entire allotment of keys.

The issue here is, with current events, no one here bothers to ask or look at these things logically, just assume it's ED trying to rain on your parade to spite you.

As for Refunds from a 3rd Party due to state of product not being up to customer satisfaction,
That's not my department/nor responsibility, my department is Moderation/Enforcement of Forum Rules,

So if said 3rd party is not being responsive in your support requests, and you go on the forum and unleash a profanity filled rant, it's going to get deleted, and it's going to receive administrative action (warning etc).

The Subject of Refunds or License Support is something that needs to be communicated via email or support ticket w/ the developer directly.

I hope everyone here has a Happy Holidays,
Despite beliefs it's not my intention to Degrade or deface anyone or their opinions on ED.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 12/21/16 04:18 PM.

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4322107 - 12/21/16 04:38 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

So just to be clear everyone of those keys that was resold was stolen? (used stolen credit cards etc) to buy these keys?

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4322117 - 12/21/16 04:51 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind
So just to be clear everyone of those keys that was resold was stolen? (used stolen credit cards etc) to buy these keys?

Either purchased fraudulently or purchased in large allotments during sales w/ intent to re-sell at higher price.

Methods of fraudulent payment vary, every Digital Storefront has this problem.

#4322122 - 12/21/16 05:03 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Why does this affect folks that want to sell the modules that they are done with? I see the point about fraudulent keys...but it doesn't seem to be an issue for someone that is done with a module and wants to either give it away...or sell it cheap at a loss.

That part seems petty on ED's part when a community wants to do a solid for another member.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4322126 - 12/21/16 05:12 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: Force10]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: Force10
Why does this affect folks that want to sell the modules that they are done with? I see the point about fraudulent keys...but it doesn't seem to be an issue for someone that is done with a module and wants to either give it away...or sell it cheap at a loss.

That part seems petty on ED's part when a community wants to do a solid for another member.

Because the System in place was being exploited.

A New Gifting system is being worked on, No estimate or details outside of that.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 12/21/16 05:13 PM.

#4322164 - 12/21/16 06:39 PM Re: Why is everyone so negative in here? [Re: bkthunder]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Ah I get it, so only SOME of those keys were technically "stolen" not ALL of them

Do you think ED will release the info on what % of the revoked keys are in each catagory ?

So I take it only those keys ILLEGALLY purchased with stolen cc etc will be invalidated ?
These keys then by definition have hurt ED with lost revenue

The other keys purchased, actually made ED money and they are ok and NOT as such stolen as ED
have profited from their sale, so there is no reason to bend the customer over?

OR
Has ED REFUNDED the person who bought a bunch of keys and sold them on ?
(That is if the keys were purchased legally (not using stolen cc etc )

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 12/21/16 07:28 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.