Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4321110 - 12/18/16 11:52 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: straycat
1. Force, would you mind not editing my posts? ED forum moderators and the company's producer are [edited].
Wags for posting a topic that explains paying customers on how to behave (which in itself is unacceptable) and the forum moderators for editing complaints out about modules and then banning people for complaining about those edits because it is against "forum rules to complain about forum moderation".

Therefore sim hq is the only place where angry customers can go to vent their frustration at ED and their assorted partners of which some sell phenomenally crappy modules for a 60$ price tag.

SimHQ Still has rules, it's not the free for all playground that you want it to be.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/19/16 05:26 PM. Reason: Edited quoted material

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4321111 - 12/18/16 11:54 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

If ED allows razbam and VEAO to sell their crap modules for 40-60$ without warning teh customer of the crappiness and allows all helicopters to have broken trims for 6 weeks this year and allows their moderators to ban people for complaining about this then telling to their faces that they are [edited] is the very least they can expect.

One more and you will have some time off.

Last edited by Force10; 12/19/16 02:08 AM. Reason: Language
#4321205 - 12/19/16 08:40 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
tagTaken2 Offline
tagTaken2  Offline

Gone
Lol, people purchasing early access and complaining about flaws.

popcorn

#4321208 - 12/19/16 08:59 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
nadal Offline
nadal  Offline

3. My point I still think is valid about the landing approach. As soon as I reduce engine power, the plane wobbles around like a paper sheet in the wind. Not like 4 tons of metal gliding through the air. A quick loss of power should only affect the roll of the plane, not shake it.

Is spitfire rotary engine?
Im no technical man but it could be the reason that creates wobble at lower RPM...?

#4321211 - 12/19/16 09:27 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
as a rule now - I would only considering buying when it is out of beta, I have it because of the kickstarter, otherwise, no.

fortunately, there is also no template out, hopefully they will take their time to release one, say, 4 years biggrin

#4321265 - 12/19/16 01:27 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Same as Tom, I wouldn't touch anything until it's way out of beta, as the greed merchants insist on putting dev on hold to flog the new horse, continually move the goal posts to suit themselves and post lies and excuses...this is the DCS world your in, not the real one.

It took them 5 years to implement an accurate keyhole for the A10 mavs for gods sake, and it still isn't finished, blank buttons on the UFC where "delete mark-points" should reside, crap FLIR system etc etc.

ED are the reason "negativity" exists, no-one else is to blame.

#4321270 - 12/19/16 01:42 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
for me it is all about the templates - back in the FC3/Ka50/A-10C days they usually released them the next day, I bought the F-86 because I expected it and did the same with the MiG-15.

when the templates were released what I got was a dud, a completely useless release, good for nothing.

lets see what happens with the Spitfire.

-

one of the problems of Beta is that many people do not understand what it means, much less what "early access" means, there should be a big BETA on the screen with (not all features work) warning, that should help everybody.

#4321273 - 12/19/16 01:45 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
1. Force, would you mind not editing my posts? ED forum moderators and the company's producer are [edited]
Wags for posting a topic that explains paying customers on how to behave (which in itself is unacceptable) and the forum moderators for editing complaints out about modules and then banning people for complaining about those edits because it is against "forum rules to complain about forum moderation".

Outright attacks on individuals along with bypassing the swear filter is not OK...period.

We have had this discussion before long ago...if you want to avoid a suspension here...then don't go there.

straycat, you can still say what you want, but you'll have to find another way to word it. Less "frustration" and more "factual" or even "colorful"... no need for details. We all know the story by now, even if some people don't want to hear it.

Good luck!

- Ice
#4321274 - 12/19/16 01:48 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: FartHog]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: FartHog
Same as Tom, I wouldn't touch anything until it's way out of beta, as the greed merchants insist on putting dev on hold to flog the new horse, continually move the goal posts to suit themselves and post lies and excuses...this is the DCS world your in, not the real one.

It took them 5 years to implement an accurate keyhole for the A10 mavs for gods sake, and it still isn't finished, blank buttons on the UFC where "delete mark-points" should reside, crap FLIR system etc etc.

ED are the reason "negativity" exists, no-one else is to blame.

Nah. I'll probably cave in and buy the Hornet and the Tomcat right out of the gate, but that's because I can't really say no to the little -Ice's voice inside my head biggrin Everybody's got a price and I guess this is mine. So here's hoping they don't suck.... or cost too much. I'll be getting them at the $40 price mark. If they come out around the $50-60 mark, I'll have to have a little discussion with mini me... little -Ice might cave in on the Hornet but I know I'll have to work really hard to dissuade him from the Tomcat.

"Hiiiighway tooo the DANGER ZONE!!!"

- Ice
#4321284 - 12/19/16 02:05 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: - Ice]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: - Ice
[quote=FartHog]

Nah. I'll probably cave in and buy the Hornet and the Tomcat right out of the gate, but that's because I can't really say no to the little -Ice's voice inside my head biggrin Everybody's got a price and I guess this is mine. So here's hoping they don't suck.... or cost too much. I'll be getting them at the $40 price mark. If they come out around the $50-60 mark, I'll have to have a little discussion with mini me... little -Ice might cave in on the Hornet but I know I'll have to work really hard to dissuade him from the Tomcat.

"Hiiiighway tooo the DANGER ZONE!!!"

Ditto on the Hornet, but other than learning to fly it, what can you do once you've mastered it?, no DC, abysmal single player experience, broken replay system, buggy, unfinished, robotic, repetitive, undeveloped JTAC and most importantly no decent war theatre other than the damn Caucasus...it just doesn't appeal.

#4321300 - 12/19/16 02:39 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Traps, old boy! Traps. Once that's done, there's night carrier quals. Then bad weather. Then bad weather at night!! I used to spend more time in carrier quals in Jane's F/A-18 than I did actually doing missions!

Being able to put your aircraft down in a small bit of real estate makes landing on runways super easy!

- Ice
#4321518 - 12/19/16 08:16 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

I think if the various WWII aircraft were as difficult to fly as DCS has them you'd have 90% fatalities on the first training flight. That's sort of a normal problem with flight simulators in general and small reversible-control high performance aircraft in particular. Real life has a way of "rounding off the sharp corners" that's pretty much out of scope for a desktop sim.

Slow/no speed nose and tail wheel physics are notoriously poor.

#4321549 - 12/19/16 09:51 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Here's an interesting read on Ground looping

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179253

Quote:
If I may make a little contribution here… Hopefully some of you who are finding the Spit, Dora, 109 or P-51 a bit of a handful during take-off and landing, may find it useful!

What do I know about it? Well, I have spent a significant proportion of my professional flying career teaching both experienced and novice pilots how to fly and handle tail-dragging aircraft. This amounts to several thousand hours of tailwheel training alone, though who’s counting! These aircraft include among them modern high performance aerobatic aircraft and a variety of more vintage types from DH Tiger Moths, to Harvards. I can’t recall off the top of my head exactly how many students I’ve worked with over the years, but it’s well over 200! Best of all, they have all gone on to fly extensive tailwheel ops in a variety of types and to the best of my knowledge, only 2 of them have crashed anything since!

As a significant number of pilots here are expressing difficulties with tailwheel handling, particularly with the early access (and quite wonderful) Spitfire now being available, I hope that my experience of teaching real pilots to overcome these challenges may be beneficial to some here. After all, the majority of difficulties being described are exactly the same as you’d encounter in the real world, and therefore, most of the solutions and techniques used to overcome them are also highly applicable. A real testament to the fidelity of the DCS offering.

Having read all of the comments on the new Spitfire forums here, as well as most of the other forums, I wanted to reassure those of you who are finding the ground handling difficult, that what you are experiencing is quite normal and to be expected. I’ve read several posts which question the overall difficulty levels involved and how they are modelled. Some suggest that the DCS Spit (and other TW aircraft) are perhaps too difficult. On balance, I think that they are pretty representative of what real world TW ops are like, and here’s why…

Firstly, the behaviour of a TW aircraft on the ground is fundamentally different to that of a “nosedragger” aircraft. This is because unlike a tricycle configuration, a TW aircraft is positively directionally unstable. This describes a condition where the aircraft wants to turn left or right on the ground, whilst the effect is almost exponential in its manifestation. In contrast, tricycle configurations are almost all positively directionally stable; meaning that any tendency to turn left or right on the ground will, for most part damp itself out until its directional tendency is to remain straight.

The reason for this is simple: A TW aircraft’s C of G is behind the main wheels, where a tricycle aircraft’s C of G is in front of the main wheels. Once the aircraft has kinetic energy and is in motion, the C of G (the point where the aircraft’s mass acts) will always want to “lead” the aircraft. Or, better put, it will want to overtake the point of the aircraft where most of the directional influences are concentrated, which is usually the point of contact with the ground. I.e. the main wheels. There are numerous factors acting on the airframe which will cause it to either swing left or right when it is in motion. Some of these forces will act to make the aircraft swing left and some to make it swing right. Some of them are strong and some are weak. Some of them increase with ground speed and/or airspeed, and some decrease. In addition, some of these forces act together and multiply their combined effects, and some cancel each other out. The overall effect is that in some form or another, the aircraft WILL want to swing one way or another. Indeed, during one part of the take-off or landing roll, the tendency to swing left or right may reverse depending on what direction the lack of equilibrium is strongest at any particular point.

One of the greatest challenges facing pilots who are new to this is knowing instinctively what control inputs are required to maintain a straight roll. An important point to remember (and the one which causes the most difficulty) is that to be successful, it is essential that corrective inputs are made decisively BEFORE the motion they are correcting has developed. This is because of what I described earlier – namely that swinging moments develop at an almost exponential rate. In a nutshell, the control input required to cancel the first split second of a swinging moment is a fraction of that required to cancel the same moment once it is fractions of a second more developed. Simply put, if you cancel a developing swing to the right at 0.3 of a second after it starts, it may only require the smallest and shortest of touches on the required control [*usually we’re referring to the rudder here, but ailerons do play a part.] However, if that same swing is allowed to develop for a full second, the chances are that it will require a far greater rudder deflection to counter it. Probably 2 or 3 times the magnitude.

Now, here’s the real crunch point… You must learn instinctively both the required magnitude of the input that is required (i.e. how much deflection) AND importantly, what duration that input should last for. In nearly all cases, the single most difficult thing to master is modulating the duration, as this tends to have a direct effect on the magnitude, more so than the other way around. The phrase “dancing on the rudder pedals” is often used to describe the kind of control inputs required. Indeed, I recently read a post where Wags said just that, and it’s a doctrine well worth embracing. This describes a situation where you are making instantaneous and very short duration inputs, both left and right in a manner that almost predicts the swinging motions before they actually happen. For the reasons explained above, if you can “kill” a swing the instant it starts, or even better, before it starts, then by definition it will only require the smallest of inputs over a very short duration. By that I mean fractions of a second. If you are having to apply large deflections to counter a swing, then you are behind the situation.

The reason why this then leads to the inevitable loss of directional control is because every input you make WILL have an effect directly proportional to its magnitude and duration. The later you leave your response to a particular swing, the longer the effect of that control input will take to manifest itself, but it WILL happen. This makes the next movement even MORE difficult to predict and after several cycles, the chances are that the swinging moment will have exceeded the control authority of the rudder, meaning you’re going for an early shower.

Everything that I’ve described here is somewhat different to the control sequences required to keep a tricycle configuration straight. Firstly, lateral directional stability is convergent, so the timing is less critical because the deviation from your intended path will not (in most cases) increase in rate. So, as long as you eventually steer the aircraft back to the correct path, it will just follow in a predictable and stable manner. This is fairly easy to master because it relies more on a cognitive response from the pilot, and one which is fairly forgiving, allowing time for the pilot to assess the deviation and make a conscious decision as to what control inputs are required.

Response inputs in a directionally unstable aircraft are less instinctive and require a far greater element of “motor skill learning”, particularly as to be successful, you have to be able to predict what the aircraft will do next and react preemptively, rather than retrospectively. Motor skills take more time to learn. They need to be hard coded into your hands and feet and this takes time. Though some element of natural ability will help, it will at best only reduce the time taken for your motor responses to embed themselves. It will NOT shortcut the process. Therefore, no matter how much you understand it (though it helps), and no matter how much you beat yourself up to do better, everyone will have to put in enough cycles to nail it, because it is not a skill we come blessed with by default.

Is it more difficult in DCS than in the real world?

For those who doubt the validity of how DCS TW aircraft behave, and the difficulties they simulate, I can say with some authority that they are pretty much spot on. Therefore, the problems being described on these forums are also very much representative of the real world. The thing that sets DCS apart from other PC based simulations, and a number of commercial simulators, both leisure and certified which I have experienced, is that so many of these factors deemed undesirable in the real world, are faithfully modelled, along with the challenges they bring.

I have read a number of contributions which ask the following question:
“Is it more difficult in a fixed base simulation such as DCS because you can’t “feel” the physical movement of the aircraft?” Well, you may find it surprising but my answer to this is a fairly emphatic “NOT REALLY!”, and here’s why…

As we’re talking about the specific difficulties associated directional control on the ground with tailwheeled aircraft here, a very significant factor comes into play. According to what I’ve described previously, the only ideal response to a directional deviation is to counter it either prior to, or, immediately in response to its initiation. At this stage, there is so little lateral acceleration as to be usefully perceptible through the “seat of the pants”. In real life, if you’re responding to that said lateral movement at the point where you can really feel it, you’re way behind. This is particularly the case because in the real world, where those sensations are also being combined with other movement sensations from the airframe, ground and air, which can have the effect of masking or even confusing what you are feeling, especially in lighter weight aircraft.

Of course, if you ARE responding that late to a swing, however successfully or otherwise, the fact is that the deviation in question is now easily perceptible visually, regardless of how much you can actually feel it. Therefore, in a fixed base simulator, your eyes have already told you something needs your attention, provided, that is, you’re looking in the right place!
This is especially true if you’re lucky enough to be flying in VR. The added depth perception and more lifelike peripheral visual cues are more than adequate to detect movements as they develop. But remember, the most important thing is to be ahead of the aircraft before it deviates that far. Of course, there are many other differences in the experiences that both real life and simulation can offer but my belief is that most of those differences are not so fundamentally influential in the context of this subject, though some may be more so in other aspects of flying. One other obvious difference is control force and feedback, though in the phase of flight we’re talking about here, the feedback element is less useful and the force element can be “tuned out” to a great extent by using control curves.

I can’t emphasise this enough. You need to “dance” on the pedals… Like you’re tiptoeing over hot coals in bare feet. Trying to make the tiniest, quickest movements you can before getting your foot off again. Most pilots new to tailwheel aircraft, particularly those with extensive tricycle experience (which probably accounts for most people here) are programmed for making long smooth pedal inputs during the ground roll. This I liken more to wading through deep mud in wellies, rather than dancing on hot coals! It simply won’t work, though your instincts may be very persuasive in telling you otherwise. After all, it’s what you’re used to! I can’t explain just how you reach the point where you instinctively know what’s coming in time to make these tiny, fast and decisive inputs. I can say however, that if you practice the correct technique, with the right mind-set and an understanding of what is happening, you’ll get it eventually, but for most humans it will take a lot longer than learning to control a tricycle. It’s simply a very different type of learning, both physically and mentally.

In summary, here are a few pointers:

1. There are an almost infinite number of things which will cause a swing. Engine torque, asymmetric prop effect, prop-wash, asymmetric ground resistance, wind, slope, gyroscopic effects, control asymmetry, and of course pilot input! These are just a few of the significant ones but remember, they can combine in any number of ways to produce numerous effects. The only thing you know for sure is that it WILL swing at some point.

2. The earlier you respond, the more instantaneously your input will take effect, requiring much smaller inputs and therefore, much fewer counter inputs. Over-controlling is one of your biggest enemies and becomes more likely as your inputs increase in magnitude and duration. Remember, if you’ve put in a large boot full one way, the chances are that it’ll take some time to be fully felt, by which time you’re focussed on the next movement. Then, it’ll be too late and it’ll get you! If you’re on top of it, there should be no need to make anything other than very small, very short inputs.

3. Some swinging tendencies ARE predictable. Use this to your advantage! If you can remember how increasing power makes the aircraft respond, you should be countering that motion in anticipation and stopping it before it happens. Similarly, experiment with setting the rudder trim to lessen the effect of whatever is causing the most significant swing at the beginning of your roll.

4. Primary causal factors vary according to ground and airspeed. For example, the gyroscopic effect of raising the tail during take-off, or lowering it during the landing roll, will be more pronounced at lower airspeeds because you have less aerodynamic control authority. Similarly, increasing the power causes torque effects which in turn cause a swinging moment. However, with increased power comes increased slipstream effect from the prop and therefore, greater rudder authority to deal with it. DCS models this effect very well. My advice here is to be confident with the application of take-off power. The key is to get take-off power set promptly but as importantly, smoothly. Again, use your experience to preempt the effects before they cause problems. Do everything SMOOTHLY and CALMLY.

5. The left swinging effect of engine torque and the ground interaction as a result can be countered with the application of right aileron during the take-off roll. However, you must be proficient at modulating this input as aileron authority increases with airspeed. Failure to do so will only result in a swing and/or roll in the opposite direction, which you may not be expecting. Overall, that may add to your problems rather than helping, so experiment with applying right aileron and holding it prior to starting the ground roll, OR starting neutral and feeding in some aileron immediately prior to the torque causing a swing. There’s no right or wrong way here, it’s down to what works for you.

6. RELAX! It’s a physical fact that when your muscles are tense, you can’t make quick accurate and short inputs. This is a major consideration because the nature of the scenario makes you tense and it’s difficult to counter that! It’s so important though. Before you start your take-off roll, chant a little mantra to yourself… “wake up feet! Wake up feet! Wake up feet!” Do this while doing a little light dance on the rudder pedals. It may sound daft but subconsciously, it will focus a little bit of your brain on the job in hand. It will also help to relax your muscles which have probably already tensed up without you realising it. Do this on final approach to land as well. It helps!

7. SIT BACK IN YOUR SEAT! When faced with a situation that you perceive as being difficult, your tendency is almost always to lean forward and focus on what’s immediately in front of you, effectively narrowing your field of view. Believe me, I’ve seen pilots almost planting their faces in the panel as workload increases. It’s just what we do but the effect of decreasing your field of view and by definition, your peripheral vision, makes detecting lateral movement very much more difficult. It also has the secondary effect of re-tensioning your muscles, something we want to avoid!

Does VR help?

VR technology is still in its early stages of development. However, if you’re are lucky enough to have an effective VR rig that works well, use this to your advantage. The sensory effects gained through vision are much underestimated and VR’s increased depth perception and peripheral cues are singly more persuasive when it comes to movement perception than many physical movements. That might sound far fetched but it is true. Evidence to support this is in the large number of people who appear to experience motion sickness when using VR. Counter intuitively, motion sickness is poorly named and is not a direct result of motion, rather it’s a physiological response to conflicting sensory stimulation. The fact that these effects are so readily triggered by the use of visual equipment alone is a powerful demonstration of just how much we rely on our visual senses to make sense of our surroundings, both on a conscious and subconscious level.

I hope that some of this helps to ease your concerns and to develop the right technique for enjoying the DCS taildraggers. Just remember, if it’s not working for you, the very worst thing is frustration. It will numb your senses and be highly detrimental to your motor skills. The best thing you can do is take a break and do something else for a while, then go back to it. You may have to do this quite a few times over several hours, days or even weeks. If you do though, I can almost guarantee that at some point, you’ll come back to it and it will just click into place. When it does, you’ll wonder why it was so difficult whilst enjoying a whole new aspect of your simulator.

Don’t underestimate the cognitive complexity what you’re teaching yourself to do, and don’t fall into the trap of assuming that handling a taildragger on the ground is just another component of what you’re already used to, because it isn’t. It’s an entirely new skill, almost independent of all of the other skills you’ve amassed. It’s a new skill that’s as difficult to master (if not more so) than all of the other things you’ve had to learn and it’s going to take some time. Of course, there is a simple way to shortcut all of what I’ve said… Start your missions in the air! You’ll be missing out though!

If you’re interested in some further reading and to add more detail to what I’ve written here, I can’t recommend this book highly enough. I used it as my tailwheel teaching bible for many years and it’s as relevant and helpful today as it was then: https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/th...ger-pilot.html

Happy ground looping!
CFI

#4321576 - 12/19/16 11:25 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Wow, that's a really interesting read, Nate! Thanks for sharing! I've never been a fan of older airframes, but now I'm tempted to try the Spit or some old aircraft just to see and maybe figure out how this effect works! I wonder if he thinks it's modeled in IL:BoS/BoM? Very interesting how he says being in a "sim" and being in real life does not make a difference in terms of the "feel" for this as well. I can only imagine a lot of pilots during WWII doing loops during their training!!

- Ice
#4321630 - 12/20/16 03:42 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Ice don't do it...Normandy is going to take years to arrive, even when it does it's just a tiny part of Normandy with no English coast, no dynamic campaign...dull as dishwater, once again you'll be stuck in a cockpit with nothing to do.

That wall of text above reads like a PR script.

#4321682 - 12/20/16 11:54 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: Pooch]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted By: Pooch
Yeah, but the 109 is the one with the REALLY bad reputation. Killed a lot of pilots.

The track of the Bf109 is wider than the track on the Spitfire.

Many years ago a guy did a study of accidents when JG26 was transitioning to the Fw190. Granted the Fw190 was a new a/c for the pilots but these pilots were experienced pilots. What was found was the Bf109 and Fw190 had about the same accident rate.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4321709 - 12/20/16 02:14 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: FartHog]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

Well, there's a link for buy a book in the end of the "wall" in ED topic (broken in quote). biggrin

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/the-compleat-taildragger-pilot.html

Last edited by Sokol1; 12/20/16 02:17 PM.
#4321740 - 12/20/16 04:19 PM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: FartHog]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Ice don't do it...Normandy is going to take years to arrive, even when it does it's just a tiny part of Normandy with no English coast, no dynamic campaign...dull as dishwater, once again you'll be stuck in a cockpit with nothing to do.

Haha! Don't worry... note that I asked about BoS/BoM as I have those sims. ED won't be getting anything from me for a good while yet! biggrin

- Ice
#4321942 - 12/21/16 01:45 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: straycat]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

You can know the real airplane very well or you can appreciate DCS module of that airplane. The more you have of the first the less you can have of the second.

#4321946 - 12/21/16 01:57 AM Re: The spitfire flight model is broken on two particular issues [Re: Sokol1]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Sokol1

Well, there's a link for buy a book in the end of the "wall" in ED topic (broken in quote). biggrin

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/the-compleat-taildragger-pilot.html

Thanks, but I'd get more enjoyment reading the Chinese telephone directory upside down, irrelevant theory, get in the thing and fly it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.