#4315980 - 11/28/16 09:47 PM Re: College football! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted By: piper
Now, was that a great Ohio State/Michigan game or what?

Yes, it was a competitive game.
No, it was not great in the outcome. Alabama fans will never lead the nation in the Jerk Factor so long as Ohio State plays football.

On the Dolphins, no contest. But Browns fans are desperate enough for a win to want it.

I'm not saying Alabama is the dominant team, but I heard rumors that Florida is going to have Chris Hardwick host the post-game analysis for them.

smile

Last edited by Dart; 11/28/16 09:47 PM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4316006 - 11/28/16 11:06 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted By: Dart

No, it was not great in the outcome. Alabama fans will never lead the nation in the Jerk Factor so long as Ohio State plays football.

I have no idea what you meant by that, but sounds offensive.

#4316008 - 11/28/16 11:14 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Don't matter the Bucs won!!!

Russ
Semper Fi
#4316011 - 11/28/16 11:36 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
In the comment section of any college football article are the typical band wagon Alabama fans talking trash about how not only is Alabama the best, but the SEC the only competitive conference making all of us look bad.

But then a Buckeye goes on the SEC bias rant that involves everyone up to but not including the Illuminati, and how Ohio can beat Alabama, as we don't have a competitive schedule.

The vocal minority of Ohio State fans seem to elevate their team by complaining that others have some unfair advantage and should be downgraded. My favorite from Ohio State fans is the weather excuse for a loss, as if it only rains on their team in a game.

Plus the trolling. In any comment section on an Alabama game, there is always one Ohio State fan to announce what a joke Alabama is and disparage their fans.

I want us to be number one in everything.

smile

Last edited by Dart; 11/28/16 11:41 PM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4316016 - 11/28/16 11:54 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees

smile

NOBODY likes a loser.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4316017 - 11/29/16 12:06 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
In the comment section of any college football article are the typical band wagon Alabama fans talking trash about how not only is Alabama the best, but the SEC the only competitive conference making all of us look bad.

But then a Buckeye goes on the SEC bias rant that involves everyone up to but not including the Illuminati, and how Ohio can beat Alabama, as we don't have a competitive schedule.

The vocal minority of Ohio State fans seem to elevate their team by complaining that others have some unfair advantage and should be downgraded. My favorite from Ohio State fans is the weather excuse for a loss, as if it only rains on their team in a game.

Plus the trolling. In any comment section on an Alabama game, there is always one Ohio State fan to announce what a joke Alabama is and disparage their fans.

smile

Did you hear any of that "disparaging" #%&*$# here? Man, if you want to whine go to the DCS forum on this site. That's all they do there.

I'm a huge college football fan, and I do root for Bama (when not playing OSU).

Go Buck's! (and they needed it today)

#4316029 - 11/29/16 12:48 AM Re: College football! [Re: piper]  
SFViper19D Offline
Forum Scout
SFViper19D  Offline
Forum Scout

Goshen, IN.
Quote:

Did you hear any of that "disparaging" #%&*$# here? Man, if you want to whine go to the DCS forum on this site. That's all they do there.

I'm a huge college football fan, and I do root for Bama (when not playing OSU).

Go Buck's! (and they needed it today)

Don't worry about it Piper. It was a great game and both teams played their hearts out. 2OT edge of the seat for sure.

Dart is just mad cause some douche fan talked smack but you know what? Every team has those fans, this board not excluded apparently.

Last edited by SFViper19D; 11/29/16 12:49 AM.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

I5-2500K
Corsair H80 Cooler
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
16GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance
Diamond Radeon HD5870
1TB HDD
Corsair HX750w
Windows 7 (64-bit)
#4316042 - 11/29/16 02:50 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
If you look earlier in the thread you'll see I actually really respect Ohio State's football team, and for that matter other conferences.

The days of one or two conferences sucking in all the talent to the exclusion of others, or one team having seemingly magical coaching is over, with a couple exceptions.

Ohio State, Michigan, TAMU, LSU, Bama and one or two others will always be talent magnets, but the margins get thinner and thinner every year.

I also lived through the end of Bear years and the train wrecks that followed, so I don't take anything for granted as far as Alabama goes. It's easy being a Bama fan right now.

[edit]

Good on LSU for giving Coach O the job formally! Guy is a great coach and LSU is going to be an even more formidable squad.

Last edited by Dart; 11/29/16 02:55 AM.

From Laser:
#4317339 - 12/04/16 04:03 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
After the SEC championship game, it turns out the Tide Wants Bama.

From Laser:
#4325744 - 01/04/17 02:44 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
OK Dart, it's your turn to boast.

What a great college bowl season! My Buckeye's were out-classed and out-played. Sucked.
But the Championship Game should be a good one!

Shame it's almost over.

#4327757 - 01/10/17 11:33 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Last night's championship game....WOW! What a great game! The last drive by each team
was epic.

They should continue with the college football playoffs, but I want to see the rubber match
between these two!

Shame with the talent Watson has, that he'll probably be in Cleveland next year..

#4327765 - 01/11/17 12:19 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Piper you forgot the score,

Clem 36 with 21pts in the 4th quarter.
Bama 31

Guess Dart is sleeping off his hangover from drowning his sorrow. winkngrin stirthepot

Sorry Dart was brain fart, fixed. duh blush

Last edited by KraziKanuK; 01/11/17 12:59 AM.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4327768 - 01/11/17 12:38 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Naw, I'm just hoarse from yelling at the TV! Oh, and yes, a mild hangover, but that happens after every game, with the exception of those 10:00 a.m. ones.

Um, Clemson 35 vs. Alabama 31.

Great game, straight out of a movie (but the bad guys won).

Our offense just couldn't make it happen, which has been off and on all season. Credit Renfrow on Clemson's side for catching Allen's ankle on the fumble return for winning the game for Clemson. If he hadn't of caught his ankle he'd of been gone, gone, gone.

smile

Like last year, it could have gone either way. This time it fell to Clemson.

No excuses about flags thrown or not thrown. It's part of the game, and if it's so close that a random call or two decided it then one's team is lacking.

Hey, 26 wins in a row before a loss isn't half bad. Plus our quarterback will only get better (or cut), and Watson is surely going to the Pros.

Sigh. I just can't stand Dabo's smirk and swagger. He's like the distilled form of an OSU fan, just for another team.

Click to reveal..

The way to tell LSU and Clemson apart from eachother is simple: LSU is where brothers marry their sisters. Clemson is where it's two brothers.

Last edited by Dart; 01/11/17 12:42 AM.

From Laser:
#4327771 - 01/11/17 12:48 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
> He's like the distilled form of an OSU fan, just for another team.

God how I love college football!

We'll see ya next year Dart, be sure!

#4327777 - 01/11/17 01:04 AM Re: College football! [Re: piper]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Dart's reveal = /thread.

Too funny and too real. Didn't watch the game and figured it for a Bama win for sure.

Guess I can cross bookie off my career list.............

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4327795 - 01/11/17 02:52 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Nailed it:

From Laser:
#4327808 - 01/11/17 05:25 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Great video Dart. thumbsup

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4327941 - 01/11/17 07:51 PM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Okay, looking into next year, I'm excited, especially for the SEC.*

1) Bama is Bama. All the talk about how a narrow loss is the end of a Dynasty is hilarious. When we beat Clemson last year by five - and was saved by an on side kick - nobody was saying Clemson was a flash in the pan that didn't deserve to be there. I think the term Sarknado for our offense is going to become a meme.

For us old people, we remember the 1980's and losing seasons post Bear Bryant. We're a long way from there.

2) LSU looks to be back. Orgeron is just the fresh breath of air they need, and a strong LSU is just good for everyone. Fournette is a great running back, but it seemed like LSU was hanging everything on him either playing or waiting for him to overcome injuries - and he's gone to the pros.. Guice and crew are the real deal.

3) Georgia had some signs of life brewing under their season with Smart. Season One is always tough for a new head coach with a new defensive coordinator (we traded Pruitt for Smart at Georgia).

4) Tennessee is going to look just as ugly on the field as they always do, regardless of play. Something about that shade of orange just makes me angry. Add in that CBS has a love affair with Peyton Manning during the game to the point of distraction doesn't help.

5) Ole Miss can't ever be counted out to at least be a spoiler team. If they ever put everything together at the same time....wow.

6) Auburn is set to play solid football. Nothing fancy, just competent football, which can be really, really hard to beat.*

7) Vandy will raise the average GPA for the conference by a full tenth of a point. Mission accomplished as far as the rest of us are concerned. Hell, SEC fans love to denigrate Arkansas (which can be a spoiler team), but nobody makes fun of Vandy; they're like our fun little cousin that we allow to play because he's got more heart than skill and makes us smile the whole time.

* Remember, please, that the measure of any Alabama season for a fan is thus, in order of precedence:

1) Did we beat Auburn? (yes)
2) Did we win the SEC? (yes)
3) Did we win the Natty? (no)

So, two out of three ain't bad. If we'd of lost to Auburn but won the SEC and the National there would be far more bad feelings about the team than we have now.

From Laser:
#4328012 - 01/12/17 01:13 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
coasty Offline
coasty  Offline

Asheville, NC, USA
i watch sports, or TV, less and less, so i watched this fantastic game in a vacuum of information and favorites. It was well fought.

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
#4328014 - 01/12/17 01:21 AM Re: College football! [Re: Dart]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
There seems to be a lot of hype about USC's young QB. They might be back to haunt a few teams next year. I am hoping for a stronger Big 10, but not overly optimistic. Penn State, OSU, and Michigan might be in the mix, but just short of BCS material. As far as watching my Spartans, well booze will help with that.

IMHO, the top 8 ranked teams should play in a play off scenario. The whole 'Bowl Game' thing has lost it's luster.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.