Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4315533 - 11/27/16 03:17 AM Another Divorce Looming  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Yes, that is on the cards for me.

Firstly, I would like to apologize to all of my SimHQ friends that I haven't been around for so long.

As some of the older "crew" may know, around six years ago, I got re-married. In that time, stealthily, my wife has been manipulating my easy going nature to the point where I have almost lost myself. I used to be a very outgoing person, but as I sit here writing this today, I can say with all honesty that I don't even know what makes me happy any more. I spend $0 on myself, I just eat, and work.

I realized when we redecorated recently that I practically have zero input on ANYTHING. Honestly, the last time I remember having fun was about five years ago, when I went to a friends party and got drunk. Sure, I admit I had a little weed as well, but honestly, it was not worth the months long lecture that I got afterwards.

About three weeks ago, everything came to a head in regards to my youngest daughter, who is in the Philippines. My wife reading over my shoulder, referring to my ex as "that #%&*$# in the Philippines", and insults about my daughter when I have an online chat with her, I reached a breaking point. I told her then and there that the marriage was over.

Yesterday I went to a head shrink, and her conclusion was: "You have made up your mind with no uncertainty Andrew". I feel nothing for this woman any more, I can't even muster dislike. I just simply ignore her.

After thinking things through, I have decided to devote the rest of my life to my daughter, and to traveling the world. I do not care for a house etc any more. It's my 50th birthday in January, and I have booked and paid for a 4 day holiday to Bali, relaxing and drinking by the pool and the beach, perhaps that will level my head.

After that, I am back to the Phil. in March for my daughters 8th birthday. By the way, my wife has known everything since day one. After that, perhaps finally the U.S.A in late 2017, as I've always wanted.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to apologize to my online friends here at SimHQ. You have always been a good bunch, and I feel that I've let you all down. I hope that I can be accepted back into the fold.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4315535 - 11/27/16 03:43 AM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Damn, so sorry to hear about this Andy. Really sucks. Hang in there. We are pulling for you.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4315544 - 11/27/16 04:06 AM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Thanks guys, although I'm handling this pretty well at the moment. I think in the back of my mind, I have been thinking for a while this would happen.

About six weeks ago, my blood pressure was 216 over 90. Yeah,doc gave me drugs for it, but also I've started to relax as well. Today it was 126 over 80, so I'm happy.

I guess the key point of my post was not to look for sympathy, as I say I'm quite happy, but moreso to indicate the effects that people who are close to you can have on you without you even knowing.

Bizarre.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4315547 - 11/27/16 04:11 AM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

I was married at 20 to the 'wrong' person. It lasted 3 days short of 3 years before her latest lover said it was me or him and the 'D' was final. I told the judge that I did not want the D, but fortunately for me the US state of Michigan is a no fault state. Hard to say how things would have worked out. She ended up doing jail time and even as recent as 8? years ago I was receiving collection calls in her name.

I am in my 50s now. I ended up scared and bitter. I dated for a year or so but could never trust enough for another honest relationship. I am now a little bitter and somewhat regretful that I have no family.

I am fortunate that I have friends who worked through there marital issues and have lasted to see there children start there families. I also have had a good friend take his life after taking his wife's when she said she wanted a D.

"Life is not kind to any but the lucky". You have a child. The most important thing in your life is that you help that child grow old with fewer problems then you experience. If you make a valiant attempt at that, then you are a good father.

Your existence is what you make of it. I don't know if I helped. I only gave my opinion and my experiences.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4315594 - 11/27/16 01:43 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
On a brighter note,good for you!! No matter how good the sex is or how well she cooks if the relationship sours then simply move on.Be happy that your ending the relationship with the sea hag as many people think to endure for so many reasons forgetting all about just being happy.
aroundthetree

#4315596 - 11/27/16 01:44 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Sorry to hear about your troubles but happy to know that you're heading in a better direction. Some people just suck the life out of life.

I hope you enjoy your vacation in the Philippines!

- Ice
#4315610 - 11/27/16 02:31 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Sorry to hear of your troubles I well know the feelings,,,Went through two wives and lost my close mate to cancer last year..but I've learned to move on and not dwell on the shouldas,and could've ,wish I did this or that and accepted things as they are.and get on with my own life,,Hell got a good dog and she always is my friend no matter what.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4315643 - 11/27/16 05:16 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
GrooveChampion Offline
GrooveChampion  Offline

Greece
Well just my 0.02c. There is no point in maintaining a relationship which makes you miserable. My experience has been that any space you willingly give up will immediately be taken up by the other side irrespectively of the type of relationship (personal or professional). Of course compromises always have to be made but when you find yourself always getting the short end of the stick you have to start questioning whether you are being steamrolled. It seems to me that your decision has been some time in the making and is not a spur of the moment thing.

#4315646 - 11/27/16 05:24 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

I.E. Commiefornia ..S.B Count...
I feel for you and have been in the same boat... so I know what I am talking about.. also, researched the topic of women and marriages to no end....

I will give you a synopsis of the situation...

1. Most women are dream killers and control freaks by nature.. this has been multiplied by X10 with the political and social dynamic of the last 50 years... it actually started with kids of our generation from our parent's new outlook on social structure in the western world. Hell, look at TV nowadays.. the female detective who is smart.. the bumbling man who is her partner... the woman military secret spy with the tank top and pony tail who kills off all the men baddies in a blink of an eye... you get the picture..

2. Most women have what I call the double II's the double 'I' is INCONSIDERATE AND INSENSITIVE. They simply only connect with their own feelings and pleasures and have no interest or capability to feel empathy to ours... (I had a boss at one time that made peoples lives horrible because of this.. the whole office quit) My ex wife was like this...and, just about every girls I have dated as well..

3. Everybody is programed to kiss the a(ss) of women ... even if they are wrong... hell, they can literally start a fight in a bar .. or pub as you would call it, and nobody blames her really or says anything about it.. its all the MANS fault... so, in essence, they are EMPOWERED.

4. At the end of the day, we as humans, are programmed for this----> men want looks in their mate... while women want comfort and security in theirs. This is why you see a nearing 60% divorce rate in the western world.. men cheat as women get older or fatter from having kids ect... or the women makes our lives hell if they are not happy with their current social and economic positions in life. If you dilute down to the cusp of the issue, its mainly around this Phenomenon

5. Pretty much all women are the same... I date and see many-many-many of the same BS traits I have come accustomed to seeing when relationships go south and the funny thing is, I have changed and gotten better and more mature as I have become older but they STAY THE SAME. At least men come in different styles and make ups.. women are all the same (some dispaly more than others) there are exceptions to the rule but its like 5% or less.... meaning.. why gamble? why go through this horsesh1t again or ever at all? it is not the time for men... stay single... let women destroy themselves... let them fend for themselves.. they wanted this.. they got it (hopefully they didnt get any of your money in the process) let them get old and hit that dreaded time/age window were they cannot fit those pair of hot jeans on again and go 'man hunting' ....

6. Let them die alone as they deserve.

[Signature deleted]
#4315650 - 11/27/16 05:34 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

Originally Posted By: FishTaco
Thanks guys, although I'm handling this pretty well at the moment. I think in the back of my mind, I have been thinking for a while this would happen.

About six weeks ago, my blood pressure was 216 over 90. Yeah,doc gave me drugs for it, but also I've started to relax as well. Today it was 126 over 80, so I'm happy.

I guess the key point of my post was not to look for sympathy, as I say I'm quite happy, but moreso to indicate the effects that people who are close to you can have on you without you even knowing.

Bizarre.

learned your lesson?... dont do it again.

[Signature deleted]
#4315657 - 11/27/16 06:01 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
3 of my co-workers have gone through divorces in the past 3 years - one of them had been married for 20 years.

There has to be some luck involved in choosing to get married and then in staying married. But to that must be added this:

Married couples should be choosing to live their lives in such a way as to be the best fit for their marriage. Willingness to adapt and make certain sacrifices are essential. This doesn't mean to completely change who you are or how you live.

Sometimes divorce - is necessary

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#4315835 - 11/28/16 02:26 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: Haggart]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I hope you all don't mind if I throw in a little positivity to offset the MGTOW (maybe I lucked out and found that 5%).

DISCLAIMER: We're 6 weeks away from our 29th Wedding Anniversary (married at 20, I'm 5 weeks older) and coming off one of the best weeks we've ever had in our married lives. I mean, EVER (Cloud 9)!

Originally Posted By: Haggart
There has to be some luck involved in choosing to get married and then in staying married. But to that must be added this:

Married couples should be choosing to live their lives in such a way as to be the best fit for their marriage. Willingness to adapt and make certain sacrifices are essential. This doesn't mean to completely change who you are or how you live.

Nicely put. thumbsup Some examples of what my wife and I want from each other, besides mutual love and respect, yada yada...

What does my wife want from me? At this point, just to do my part around the house. These days (and for some time now), it's been more economical for me to stay home and work on the house (also taking care of parents, taking them on doctor appointments, stuff like that). She's the one who leaves for work early in the morning and often gets home later in the evening, so I do what I can to help her.

I'm usually the first one out of bed and while she showers, I take care of the dogs, make coffee and breakfast, get her lunch together and often make dinner as well (simple stuff like salads, sauteed fish w/oven roasted veggie, etc.) although mom has been taking care of dinner lately. Once the house construction is completed and my parents are completely moved in, I'll get back to my very neglected game project. School will have to wait.

What do I want from my wife? Despite *me* doing housework and cooking, I'm still a man, dammit! biggrin The two leather jackets she bought this week (burgundy and light-tan suede), more VS and expensive perfume are a nice start, along with another pair of jeans. smile The morning quickies and afternoon delights are nice enough, I'm not complaining. But I need that something special to look forward to throughout the week, the Friday [or Saturday] date night. The *really* special ones almost always have three things in common: sushi/shrimp, drinks and live music. Well, four things if you consider the date isn't over until the next sunrise.

What I *really* need (and have gotten for the past 2 or 3 years or so) is a shared excitement and anticipation about it, that we both can't wait for Friday night to get here. Starting with prep work the night before (extra grooming) and dressing/glamming up the Friday morning (unless the concert is late and there's time to dress up at home). I even clean the car and man cave (something about having that personal space you invite her to, with music and a final drink). I also need eyes wide open and squeezing my hand on the long drive home after midnight vs. falling asleep in the car like a typical evening Costco grocery shopping.

After 32 years together, I (we) still need a bit of teenage adrenaline to keep interest and passion in our marriage going. We'd survive without it IF something happened that was beyond our control (we'd still have the wonderful memories) but we couldn't go back pre-2008 and still make it (and we almost didn't make it then).

++++++++++

Guess what I'm trying to say is that before you end it, just be certain you can't salvage it. I thank my lucky stars every day that we held on through those not-so-great years.

Last edited by MarkG; 11/28/16 03:03 PM.
#4315838 - 11/28/16 02:33 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Trashing your daughter because she came from your previous marriage is unforgivable, you're 100% right you're better off.

That said, don't believe the stupid comments about women. There are good ones and bad ones, just like men. Ask any gay man about his relationship experiences and you'll find they mirror straight men's with no women involved.

You've not been lucky, no, and perhaps it's more an issue of who you find yourself attracted to.
I've seen many people, men and women, who shrugged off dating "decent" people in favor of the ones that were going to be bad for them. THAT is the trap you must avoid.

Find someone who is willing to be a partner, not a master, not a slave, not a manipulator, and you'll be fine.
If you don't, that's ok, as long as you don't get married out of desperation to one of those.

A good marriage is better than being alone, but being alone is better than a bad one. smile

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4315850 - 11/28/16 03:04 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Quote:
I need that something special to look forward to throughout the week, the Friday date night.

You are a wise man!

While this forum knows a lot about me there's something I haven't put here yet: I increasingly spend a lot of time counseling people at a flirt/date/relationship site (as a private, standard forum member), and I recently started my training as a certified social-psychological advisor/counselor (basically the small brother of the Psychotherapist qualification as far as Austrian law stands.) I'm going to work mostly with guys on enhancing their personality and finding their identity, because that is what really kept me busy the past ten years in my own life and personal growth.

While I definitely feel for Andrew, I have to say: There's no denying in my experience that we attract the kind of people we get with into our life for a reason. And while it's convenient to say it's all the woman's fault (and sometimes it is, yes) frequently enough two people play out a game, often not unlike their relationship with their parents, a game that needs both players to work. You can't be manipulated if you don't let yourself be manipulated. Women don't have secret black magic powers to make us guys the victims.

Andrew, I wish you all the best, and would ask you to consider seeing that "Head Shrink" a few more times. There got to be things bottled up in you that made you stick in a bad relationship for too long, and while it's tempting to say you're now done with women, that thing can come back and bite you in other ways. I know that most guys don't like counseling/therapy because it's considered unmanly and "weak" but at 50 your love-life is far from over. And you will program your daughter with the same traits if you don't clean up your own hidden troubles.

Werner, you sound bitter. That can be understandable depending on past experiences, but no, there are far more than 5% women on this planet worth being with. Yet again, like attracts like, and until we as guys clean our own place we don't find a mate living to the same high standard.

Mark, what you wrote about "A date each week, forever" is exactly what I wrote in that other forum today to a young guy in his early tweens. Count yourself fortunate, not just because of your wife, but also because you both seem to understand yourself well and thus can live out a marriage that is what it can be.

#4315852 - 11/28/16 03:20 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
"Interesting"

#4315853 - 11/28/16 03:21 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Quote:
I need that something special to look forward to throughout the week, the Friday date night.

You are a wise man!

While this forum knows a lot about me there's something I haven't put here yet: I increasingly spend a lot of time counseling people at a flirt/date/relationship site (as a private, standard forum member), and I recently started my training as a certified social-psychological advisor/counselor (basically the small brother of the Psychotherapist qualification as far as Austrian law stands.) I'm going to work mostly with guys on enhancing their personality and finding their identity, because that is what really kept me busy the past ten years in my own life and personal growth.

While I definitely feel for Andrew, I have to say: There's no denying in my experience that we attract the kind of people we get with into our life for a reason. And while it's convenient to say it's all the woman's fault (and sometimes it is, yes) frequently enough two people play out a game, often not unlike their relationship with their parents, a game that needs both players to work. You can't be manipulated if you don't let yourself be manipulated. Women don't have secret black magic powers to make us guys the victims.

Andrew, I wish you all the best, and would ask you to consider seeing that "Head Shrink" a few more times. There got to be things bottled up in you that made you stick in a bad relationship for too long, and while it's tempting to say you're now done with women, that thing can come back and bite you in other ways. I know that most guys don't like counseling/therapy because it's considered unmanly and "weak" but at 50 your love-life is far from over. And you will program your daughter with the same traits if you don't clean up your own hidden troubles.

Werner, you sound bitter. That can be understandable depending on past experiences, but no, there are far more than 5% women on this planet worth being with. Yet again, like attracts like, and until we as guys clean our own place we don't find a mate living to the same high standard.

Mark, what you wrote about "A date each week, forever" is exactly what I wrote in that other forum today to a young guy in his early tweens. Count yourself fortunate, not just because of your wife, but also because you both seem to understand yourself well and thus can live out a marriage that is what it can be.

trust me.. iam not bitter.. iam very happy with that aspect of my life... I can get women..

[Signature deleted]
#4315855 - 11/28/16 03:26 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: MarkG]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

Originally Posted By: MarkG
I hope you all don't mind if I throw in a little positivity to offset the MGTOW (maybe I lucked out and found that 5%).

DISCLAIMER: We're 6 weeks away from our 29th Wedding Anniversary (married at 20, I'm 5 weeks older) and coming off one of the best weeks we've ever had in our married lives. I mean, EVER (Cloud 9)!

Originally Posted By: Haggart

Nicely put. thumbsup Some examples of what my wife and I want from each other, besides mutual love and respect, yada yada...

What does my wife want from me? At this point, just to do my part around the house. These days (and for some time now), it's been more economical for me to stay home and work on the house (also taking care of parents, taking them on doctor appointments, stuff like that). She's the one who leaves for work early in the morning and often gets home later in the evening, so I do what I can to help her.

I'm usually the first one out of bed and while she showers, I take care of the dogs, make coffee and breakfast, get her lunch together and often make dinner as well (simple stuff like salads, sauteed fish w/oven roasted veggie, etc.) although mom has been taking care of dinner lately. Once the house construction is completed and my parents are completely moved in, I'll get back to my very neglected game project. School will have to wait.

What do I want from my wife? Despite *me* doing housework and cooking, I'm still a man, dammit! biggrin The two leather jackets she bought this week (burgundy and light-tan suede), more VS and expensive perfume are a nice start, along with another pair of jeans. smile The morning quickies and afternoon delights are nice enough, I'm not complaining. But I need that something special to look forward to throughout the week, the Friday [or Saturday] date night. The *really* special ones almost always have three things in common: sushi/shrimp, drinks and live music. Well, four things if you consider the date isn't over until the next sunrise.

What I *really* need (and have gotten for the past 2 or 3 years or so) is a shared excitement and anticipation about it, that we both can't wait for Friday night to get here. Starting with prep work the night before (extra grooming) and dressing/glamming up the Friday morning (unless the concert is late and there's time to dress up at home). I even clean the car and man cave (something about having that personal space you invite her to, with music and a final drink). I also need eyes wide open and squeezing my hand on the long drive home after midnight vs. falling asleep in the car like a typical evening Costco grocery shopping.

After 32 years together, I (we) still need a bit of teenage adrenaline to keep interest and passion in our marriage going. We'd survive without it IF something happened that was beyond our control (we'd still have the wonderful memories) but we couldn't go back pre-2008 and still make it (and we almost didn't make it then).

++++++++++

Guess what I'm trying to say is that before you end it, just be certain you can't salvage it. I thank my lucky stars every day that we held on through those not-so-great years.

in 95% of the cases were I see marriages work, its the man who basically says ' I live my life for myself and answer to nobody' (steve mcqueen quote) and if the woman sticks, she sticks.. most of the time she doesnt.

[Signature deleted]
#4315871 - 11/28/16 04:40 PM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Thing is, W-Molders, is that my wife *wants* me to be my own man! Hell, she even misses how excited I use to get about flight simming, how I use to bubble over about it at dinner or whatever (except for bringing Manuals to the table, she doesn't miss that). But can you believe that?!

Maybe because I had a passion for something unique to me, I dunno. Sometimes I wonder if this woman is *really* a Rush fan or does she more enjoy my enthusiasm about a Rock band? Maybe both. I have that passion now for the house but I'm ready to get back to simming.

EDIT: I checked her Shuffle playlist, I'm satisfied with the amount of Rush on it (no Caress of Steel, though). smile

BTW, I recognize that I cheated the system (or myself, however you want to look at it) by not having children and never having to deal with the pressures of parenting. Many couples I know who are our age thrived on raising children (happily taking care of grandchildren now) but I know for some it might have been too much.

EDIT: IIRC, it was 20mm who use to [at least once] bring his Falcon 4 Manual with him when he took his wife out to dinner. I did the same every Sunday morning at Cracker Barrel breakfast, hauling around EF2000 and TAW Manuals and Strategy Guides...lol.

Last edited by MarkG; 11/29/16 04:49 AM.
#4316030 - 11/29/16 12:51 AM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
tactical

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4316035 - 11/29/16 01:26 AM Re: Another Divorce Looming [Re: FishTaco]  
Robbster Offline
Robbster  Offline

Calgary, Canada
Many of my friends who got divorced/separated, found motivation to eat better and get back to shape again. They are night and day healthier now. They have a new lease on life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.