#4310197 - 11/08/16 08:51 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Not to put a damper on your "I'm an innocent victim" thing you got going:

Originally Posted By: Remon

Oh, piss off. Registered since this June, only 8 posts, just criticizing ED. Yes, not a troll.

Also, put your money where your mouth is. If you don't care about DCS and the direction ED is taking it to, stop posting about it.

Notice how the tone of your post differs and is somewhat more hostile and demanding?

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4310200 - 11/08/16 08:52 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Remon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
So Art_J's post was not a personal attack, but mine is? Or are you just saying that you made a post similar to mine, but you got "disciplined" and had your post deleted? And now you're complaining why the same was not done to me?

Hell, I've been warned because I've asked people that don't play the game, like you, why they're continuing to post here. I think that's much more innocent than your post.

Not playing the game currently does not disqualify us from posting here or wherever we like.... you know this, right?

I've had much worse responses to posts of mine in the past, without anyone getting their panties in a knot (neither did I).

You seem getting knotted up about this issue for someone who's seen worse.

- Ice
#4310201 - 11/08/16 08:54 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Force10
Not to put a damper on your "I'm an innocent victim" thing you got going:

Oh, piss off. Registered since this June, only 8 posts, just criticizing ED. Yes, not a troll.

Also, put your money where your mouth is. If you don't care about DCS and the direction ED is taking it to, stop posting about it.

Notice how the tone of your post differs and is somewhat more hostile and demanding?

Ah... we differ in the highlighted bit. I find more... um... gentlemanly ways of getting the same message across. smile

- Ice
#4310205 - 11/08/16 08:58 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Actually, no, I wasn't talking about that post.

You've warned me before about making a personal attack for just what I said above, asking a person that I knew wasn't playing the game why was he continuing to post in these forums.

And again, mod, the moment you decide to post is funny. And again not commenting on -Ice telling Art_J to go post in another forum... I like how you think this is a well moderated forum.

Last edited by Remon; 11/08/16 09:01 PM.
#4310213 - 11/08/16 09:14 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Remon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Actually, no, I wasn't talking about that post.

You've warned me before about making a personal attack for just what I said above, asking a person that I knew wasn't playing the game why was he continuing to post in these forums.

And again, mod, the moment you decide to post is funny. And again not commenting on -Ice telling Art_J to go post in another forum... I like how you think this is a well moderated forum.

Maybe mods don't tell you off on a "per thread" basis but rather your overall behavior in the forums?

Still waiting for your thoughts on Art_J's first two lines and how you can say it's NOT a personal insult but mine is. Enlighten me.

- Ice
#4310242 - 11/08/16 10:55 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Was it this one?

Why the #%&*$# are you posting in here then? I sure don't post in the Il-2 BoS or FSX part of the forums.

...or this one?

What are you even doing here then?

Maybe this one?

Also, it really boggles my mind why you're still here.

One thing is clear going through some of your posts...you've had plenty of leeway.

Last edited by Force10; 11/08/16 10:56 PM.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4310245 - 11/08/16 11:10 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
To ArtJ. Now, I don't think this as a personal attack, and you probably don't think it's one either, but I've been warned by both Force10 and Murphy before for this exact same thing. And I've even said this to a person that's known to never have played the game, XIII, but only attacks DCS because it encroaches in his favorite sim's territory (EECH and helos), and who then made some childish comment about the greek economy (he's portuguese I believe, which makes it funnier).

Now here we are perhaps getting down to the real reason for the bile venting around here to towards anyone that post anything remotely positive about ED here in the DCS section, and has nothing to do with the excuse of how bad ED does things.

Do the F4 BMS Fanboi’s hate where DCS is going, that much that they are will to sit in the DCS section of the forum?

Is F4 slowly dying out? Will it be around in a few years with just a few diehard Fanboi’s left?

Ice, do you struggle clicking on the DCS icon on your desktop to lunch DCS?

Do you get cold sweats, stomach pains and your hand start shaking when making this action with your mouse?

Face the facts Ice, F4 BMS is dead soon, DCS will conquer all and be the Combat Flight Simulator of All time.

You can get medication for the bad dreams Ice, go and see your local doctor, I’m sure he can help with this.

F4 in a few years will still work Ice, as long as you don’t mind playing on graphics that look like the nineties when close, sort of like playing on the Atari compared to how DCS will be.

Perhaps I should be immature DCS fanboi and head off to the F4 forum to start a few of my own discussions now? Mmmm…….. Might see you over there soon Ice.

Originally Posted By: Paul Rix

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the constant, relentless negativity from the same few, very vocal members of this group. After awhile it just comes across as whining and any worthwhile points they make are just lost in the noise.

One big criticism of the ED forums is that they don't allow any negative comments or criticism but it seems at times we are the absolute opposite side of the same coin here.

Originally Posted By: Davemetalhead
I feel this is a very hostile place to talk about DCS. I've had questions in the past that I wanted to post here, but won't because of people like ICE. The rest of the forums are fine, and in fact are very informative and entertaining in places too - but the DCS forums here are just a cesspit of the same people circle-jerking about the same issues over and over and over again. You can guarantee that as soon as a new thread is made here the same people will soon appear to make snarky remarks or just troll.

I also don't understand how the mods don't step in and stop some of the behaviour and out-right trolling that goes on here - is it favouritism? Do they just not care? Do they agree with the behaviour?

Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there - maybe this behaviour really isn't as bad as it seems and my perception is wrong. Either way, I won't post here asking for advice or answers, and that just seems wrong for a forum.

This is not a friendly place.

#4310248 - 11/08/16 11:16 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David_OC
Now here we are perhaps getting down to the real reason for the bile ven...

Okay, let me just cut you off there as you're going rogue again, mostly with garbage and baseless, no-evidence statements anyway. Let me try and re-direct your focus on this:
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Still not answering my questions, I see... here, let me make one of them clearer for you:

those statements were aimed at YOU. How could OTHERS be offended by statements made to YOU?

Don't be like ED, moving on to the next "module" when you've not yet finished the previous "module."

- Ice
#4310249 - 11/08/16 11:17 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
I think the big flaw in your thinking David is BMS does not charge you a penny. Now, if ED didn't take money
for their modules and just expected public support in return...you might have a valid comparison of the two mindsets.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4310252 - 11/08/16 11:23 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Force10
I think the big flaw in your thinking David is BMS does not charge you a penny. Now, if ED didn't take money
for their modules and just expected public support in return...you might have a valid comparison of the two mindsets.

Are you trying to overload the poor guy, Force10? Here I was going nice and gentle and you hit him over the head with logic. We all know David is living in the future, the far future where ED finally learns from their mistakes, releases products on time, fixes bugs religiously, everything is working great, and apparently, breaking news!! BMS is dead in David's future. He wasn't a "fanboi" for very long, now, was he?

Unfortunately for us, we all live in the present. biggrin

Somebody needs to ring the Waaaaahmbulance!

- Ice
#4310268 - 11/09/16 12:09 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
I'm going to get ahead of the 16 page snipfest this thread is headed for and just close it now.

//closed

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.