Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4309019 - 11/04/16 04:42 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Cant Please Everyone.. But It does Matter.

Like I said, the Post was put in the Community news section which is for community news/events,

Not for Direct Requests from Developers for information.

Should have been moved then and not closed. I was using that as an example of behavior on the forums by the moderators but that's just one example I stated. There's plenty of other examples out there for anyone to see. ED's treatment towards the English side of the forum is still toxic. Doesn't change that. And saying "can't please everyone" is really just making excuses for poorly run public relations.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4309026 - 11/04/16 05:07 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: Art_J]  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Originally Posted By: Art_J
Maybe I'm too old, but just I keep an account both here and there without making much fuss about it.

Well said.

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Official VKB North America Sales & Support

#4309029 - 11/04/16 05:12 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Im Guessing you Missed the 15 Pages of Discussion in the Weekend Update thread and the 7 Pages in the F/A-18C Thread.... Which are both Still open..

This was Closed because it was Redundant, as it was Posted well after Discussion began in the other threads, and was not "Community News", it was a request for information, posted in the wrong Section intentionally.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=176254

And Taking 2 Posts out of a 210 Page thread and running them through google translate, does not include context.

Also, well said. smile

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Official VKB North America Sales & Support

#4309033 - 11/04/16 05:25 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: *Striker*

Like I said, the Post was put in the Community news section which is for community news/events,

Should have been moved then and not closed. I was using that as an example of behavior on the forums by the moderators but that's just one example I stated. There's plenty of other examples out there for anyone to see. ED's treatment towards the English side of the forum is still toxic. Doesn't change that. And saying "can't please everyone" is really just making excuses for poorly run public relations.

The user had the same post posted in the weekend updates thread, no point moving a copy of the post to the same thread with an identical copy.

The Intention was redundant, as it's already known news will be posted via newsLetters or official posts only, and not upon user request.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 11/04/16 05:26 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4309044 - 11/04/16 06:06 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Yet there is not a single bit of information about 2.5 in the last newsletter....after it being mentioned about being released this year in every other one previously.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4309056 - 11/04/16 06:52 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted By: LOF_Rugg
Don't like someone posting that they're a refugee here? Don't click on the thread. I knew what it was about before I clicked on the link to open the thread. In fact, Striker wrote a perfect thread description. So if y'all are gonna need some tissues because you're "tired" of people posting over here PM me. I'll send you a box of tissues in the mail. Yes, I understand that you're sensitive because of the myriad of participation trophies you have, and the fact that your mommy said you're special but in the real world just cuz you're sensitive that doesn't get you anything. Real adults get offended, then move on. They don't dwell on it and they sure as hell don't participate in the thread thats giving them so much grief............................

Sad.

As a non-native speaker, looks like I wasn't clear enough, but You, and few others, are missing my point. Ironically, I fully agree with everything You've written above, and that's exactly why I don't quite agree with Stiker's initial post. He got offended by ED's practices on ED forum, fine, we all know that's not really a place where You can discuss developer's policy in any reasonable manner and the recent RU/ENG information clusterF only proved the point and made things worse.

Yet he didn't just "move on", but decided to come here and "dwell on it" by starting a thread, duplicating the same arguments repeated ad nauseam in two other, most popular threads on page one. Justified arguments I admit, but still, do we need a third thread on the subject of "righteous refugees vs evil corporation"? You will call it freedom of speech, I call it spamming the forum. Does he have a right to give this opinion? Technically, sure he does. But my opinion is, THAT just looked like yet another obnoxious attention seeking, so rampant nowadays on various gaming forums. That's the impression I got. And judging from his overreaction on the first not-pat-on-the-back reply, I'm not the one in need of box of tissues here.

#4309061 - 11/04/16 07:02 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK

It was posted there because the section has limited traffic, so the chances of it being bumped down the forum would be slim,
not to mention the forum is the first section a user can post inside of on the overall layout.

What you have given was a perfect example of a User Posting a Thread in a Unrelated Section Intentionally to get a response.

Literally the Exact opposite of the "Moderator Behavior" you are trying to portray.

Wow... really? Posted in the wrong area? Sure. Closed due to duplicate topics? Okay. But what was the verbiage used during this whole exchange?

If the BMS mods had to close down each thread that asked about how to enable nose-wheel steering or how to install BMS, there'd be an uproar. Luckily, the community takes the gentler approach of answering the question, pointing the OP to the relevant threads or section of the manual, and then moving on.

Many ways to skin a cat, really.

- Ice
#4309062 - 11/04/16 07:07 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: Art_J]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

As a non-native speaker, looks like I wasn't clear enough, but You, and few others, are missing my point. Ironically, I fully agree with everything You've written above, and that's exactly why I don't quite agree with Stiker's initial post.

What, that you were insulting and stupid to begin with? Yeah, I pretty much got that point right off.

Yet he didn't just "move on", but decided to come here and "dwell on it" by starting a thread, duplicating the same arguments repeated ad nauseam in two other, most popular threads on page one.

I do have friends over here. I stated in the beginning that I've been a member here since going way back, almost 13 years now. So I wasn't just posting it out of the frickin' blue. I know other people here have had similar problems and this is a forum so it's open to this type of discussion. If we even tried to have a discussion like this on the ED forums you'd get an automatic 1 month ban, pure and simple.

But my opinion is, THAT just looked like yet another obnoxious attention seeking, so rampant nowadays on various gaming forums. That's the impression I got. And judging from his overreaction on the first not-pat-on-the-back reply, I'm not the one in need of box of tissues here.

Well you obviously didn't read it very carefully. If you had you would have realized that it was coming from a long experience. But instead you chose to insult me right off the bat which you continue to do. So what kind of reaction did you expect?

#4309083 - 11/04/16 07:48 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Perhaps the best word for ED forums' moderation policy is "anal".

Stick to the most restrictive interpretation of the rules as possible, like not just closing threads run amok but closing them because in the ED Forum Crystal Ball (TM) they see that in perhaps a week or so it will run amok, so might as well kill baby Hitler now! Don't cry over spilled milk, wipe out the dairy farm so no one will have any milk to spill.

Treat every new post and poster as if they have seen and read just as much as the mods have and react accordingly, don't believe that someone would come in and post something without exhaustively checking every other thread first and react courteously. Even though you can bet a billion dollars all the mods have done that themselves in other forums over the years.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4309121 - 11/04/16 10:29 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: Jedi Master]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Perhaps the best word for ED forums' moderation policy is "anal".

Dude, anal is an understatement. I swear it's like walking on egg shells. Every time I posted something I was thinking "am I going to get reprimanded or dragged across burning hot coals for this?". It's ridiculous.

#4309137 - 11/04/16 11:44 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: Art_J]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

we all know that's not really a place where You can discuss developer's policy in any reasonable manner and the recent RU/ENG information clusterF only proved the point and made things worse.

Hahahaha.... and no. It's not just policy you can't discuss over there. If you're not painting DCS in glowing light, well, get ready for the whack-a-mole.

Yet he didn't just "move on", but decided to come here and "dwell on it" by starting a thread, duplicating the same arguments repeated ad nauseam in two other, most popular threads on page one.

Again, who are you to dictate what people can post on this forum? You're confusing this site with the other one.

Justified arguments I admit, but still, do we need a third thread on the subject of "righteous refugees vs evil corporation"? You will call it freedom of speech, I call it spamming the forum.

Third thread and it's spam? This is your second reply to this thread with much the same content.... I guess you'll never post in this thread again because you'll be spamming it too, huh?

Does he have a right to give this opinion? Technically, sure he does.

Of course he does. Not technically, not supposedly, no nothing.

But my opinion is, THAT just looked like yet another obnoxious attention seeking, so rampant nowadays on various gaming forums. That's the impression I got. And judging from his overreaction on the first not-pat-on-the-back reply, I'm not the one in need of box of tissues here.

What you need is a perception re-adjustment. The guy needs to rant, needs to vent. You've never experienced that?
Maybe you should stop frequenting other gaming forums and stop associating this site with others.

- Ice
#4309142 - 11/05/16 12:00 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=176334

Professional, Constructive, and Straight,

That is how you do it.

Take Notes.

No Sarcastic Condescending Posts... IE
"Oh Look Another Update, and Oh Look The MiG-21 RADAR Still Doesnt Work"

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4309154 - 11/05/16 01:04 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Let's be honest Skate, the post you have just linked is no different to ours here on SimHQ - apart from one thing.

The poster in your example has simply put a disclaimer before commenting on the negative aspects he raises....why would he do that? - Simple. If the disclaimer wasn't there he'd have been banned on the spot. I much prefer a simple, straight forward and to the point question with a simple, truthful answer and none of the beating around the bush.

The key points which are hidden in a wall of text and he apologies for even bringing it up;

The constant sales to cover up the lack of information

Anemic information on progress

My version of that post you linked would have been a single sentence;

Why are there constant sales, are they to cover up the anaemic information on any progress?
(OK, yeah...I'd have a put a popcorn gif on there too because I know that anyone affiliated to ED wouldn't dare answer the question!)

Simple, concise, to the point and not hidden in a big caveat begging for mercy or non-consideration of the ban-hammer. On SimHQ we don't need to caveat posts because this is a forum and there is no danger of posts being deleted just because there may be some negativity. It also helps that the community and moderators are able to discuss both negative and positive aspects of sims like adults without the need for censorship.

The OP then goes on to ask 3 questions for community consideration which are;

Originally Posted By: Gecko6 on the ED message boards

1. What can be done to help ED promote DCS and still have their Primary focus on the backlog of work they have?

2. As the DCS Community, what is our responsibility to ED and the 3rd Party Devs that bring us the outstanding content that we seek? They need the Return on Investment to us!

3. Finally lets all agree that timelines move and issues arise. No developer in their right mind purposely screws with their customers for fun. They have honorable intentions but are at the mercy of the coding gods.

The answers to these questions which ED moderators would never dream of answering on ED's behalf are as follow;

1. It is not the community's job to promote DCS or attempt to focus/refocus ED resources
2. It is not the community's job to assist with bringing or retrieving DCS content
3. Let's not all agree that EDs problems are at the mercy of the coding gods, because that is utter bollocks

Take another example..someone has asked why the information on the russian part of the message boards regarding the delay of 2.5 has not been communicated in the english section of the boards.....the answer that comes back? Topic locked, Wags won't be answering on the boards but it will be communicated in the newsletters. See the difference, stop hiding behind the bullcrap, be honest with the paying customers and be transparent. Simple, quick, easy.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4309179 - 11/05/16 04:19 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Literally the Exact opposite of the "Moderator Behavior" you are trying to portray.

He's not a moderator. Make excuses all you like, good people have been banned based on the whims and the tantrums of a moderator or producer. Period. Don't like hearing about it all the time? Don't click on the thread. Cuz again, it's pretty damn clear what the gist of this thread was from the title.

#4309182 - 11/05/16 05:18 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Thank you Paradaz!

#4309218 - 11/05/16 11:27 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Professional, Constructive, and Straight,

That is how you do it.

Take Notes.

No Sarcastic Condescending Posts... IE
"Oh Look Another Update, and Oh Look The MiG-21 RADAR Still Doesnt Work"

Bwahahahaha!! rofl Is that really the best you can offer?

Quote:
First off Moderators, I am not bashing nor am I criticizing ED.

My concern is not cause for being banned or penalized for speaking out. The intent is to inspire discussion and promote a healthy dialog within our Community.

I truely support and applaud everyone involved with DCS. Especially the 3rd Party Devs. Your aircraft are of the highest quality and I have many hours of enjoyment from the ones I own.

Thank You

He had to put a disclaimer in at the very start of his post and even put stuff in bold so that the moderators won't miss it! His second line alone should go without saying in most forum sites but he had to put that in anyway to protect his neck!

You are correct though... we should take note of this and be thankful we don't need to do this absurd thing in SimHQ.

The last bit takes the cake too!
Quote:
I hope my post is respectful enough to remain open and remains productive.

"I hope that people read this and don't ban me"

Now as to his questions:
1. What can be done to help ED promote DCS and still have their Primary focus on the backlog of work they have?
Whatever the community does will not help ED at all. Is there anything we can do that will give ED devs 30-hour days? Is there anything we can do that will allow ED devs to function properly after only 2 hours of sleep per day?

What ED can do to promote DCS is fix all the problems pointed out to them.... pointed out so many times that a blind man without an internet connection living under a bridge would know about. Fix the problems, tackle the backlog, then move forward. Not this "keep moving forward" leaving a wake of broken tutorials, campaigns, and modules behind.

2. As the DCS Community, what is our responsibility to ED and the 3rd Party Devs that bring us the outstanding content that we seek? They need the Return on Investment to us!
Why does this guy think the customers have any responsibility at all towards the devs? Isn't it the other way around? What is his responsibility to Ford when he buys one of their cars? What is his responsibility to BP when he buys fuel from their pumps? Does he owe Intel anything since his PC has an Intel processor?

As far as ROI, make a good product and people will buy it! However, the nature of the product means people will only really buy one or two copies of a module so the ROI per customer is low... compared to some other product like food. Note that even with food, the responsibility lies in the seller, not the customer. Can you imagine going into McDonalds and YOU are responsible for them bringing you your food? Hilarious!

3. Finally lets all agree that timelines move and issues arise. No developer in their right mind purposely screws with their customers for fun. They have honorable intentions but are at the mercy of the coding gods.
First of all, there are no "coding gods." Your code is either good or bad. It either works or it doesn't. This isn't like a roll of dice where you have to pray to the dice gods and Lady Luck to give you a high roll. Can you imagine if Windows were like this? Pray before starting up your computer because if the coding gods are in a bad mood, the Windows code won't work and you can't get any work or surfing done!

Second, yes, timelines move and issues arise. What he fails to note here is that good planning and management should take these issues into consideration when issuing deadlines. The fact that timelines moved so much and "issues" have arisen so often just displays ED's incompetence in being able to project their path to completion of their project.

Third, I'll grant him that ED does not maliciously delay their projects. Sure. They're not screwing us over for fun. They ARE screwing us over though. Abandoned modules. Whack-a-Mole customer service. No longer allowing sale/trade of modules. Maybe even changing the EULA under our noses (really, who has read the EULA through?). ED are screwing over their customers and are actively making things difficult for their paying market. Once you've bought the module, they really don't care much past that point.

- Ice
#4309219 - 11/05/16 11:31 AM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I'm starting to love the responses of the thread:

"Definitely not meaning any offense by this but..."
"Nothing personal intended."
"it was just a suggestion to foster dialog"
"No disrespect was intended SithSpawn. Many Moderators do not have integrity and I am glad to see that does not exist here."

How many of that do we see here during discussion, Skate?

- Ice
#4309247 - 11/05/16 01:17 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Thinking about this now *Striker* made the right move to come here and vent if he felt like he needed to, is it me or do lot of simmers come across as insulting, condescending and arrogant and believe its there right to behave this way?

I think we need a new forum section here "DCS Rehab Center" or just general? "Flightsim Rehab"

It all started when I first got my amiga 500 doc. I've struggled ever since.

#4309263 - 11/05/16 02:37 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David_OC
1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Hahahahaha!! Oh my god!! That is so rich! Obviously, whether a post is "abusive, insulting, or condescending" is up to mod interpretation, right? Of course it is!

And if you want to bring up an issue that's already been acknowledged? How dare you nag the ED devs!! You're not married to them! You are trolling and will be punished accordingly!

Originally Posted By: David_OC
Thinking about this now *Striker* made the right move to come here and vent if he felt like he needed to, is it me or do lot of simmers come across as insulting, condescending and arrogant and believe its there right to behave this way?

You've obviously not joined any virtual fighter wings then.

- Ice
#4309272 - 11/05/16 03:38 PM Re: Another ED Forum Refugee! [Re: *Striker*]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Ice, you're spot on with regards to your response to Skatezilla. I was going to post something like that this morning but I couldn't have put it as well as you.

The bottom line is that everyone over there is walking on eggshells. I know that I said that before but that's the only way I can put it. Everyone is so afraid to post anything that could be considered offensive, that they are self-censoring. This is a ridiculous situation and never should have gotten to this point.

Thanks for all your responses.

Last edited by *Striker*; 11/05/16 03:57 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.