Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4304442 - 10/19/16 05:24 PM Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available!  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available!

Please see the website for details.

Those that purchased WOFF 3 after 19th July will be elegiable for a discount please contact support with your order number
and we'll sort that for you.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4304443 - 10/19/16 05:24 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
I am already downloading it smile

#4304444 - 10/19/16 05:26 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Great 77_Scout one of the first smile

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4304446 - 10/19/16 05:31 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Purchased, downloading. cheers

partything

#4304448 - 10/19/16 05:34 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Outstanding, and quicker than "two weeks"!

I have WOFF 3 and all of the add-ons installed. Do I just install WOFF UE on top of it or is it better to uninstall first?

The "Historical Skins Add On #1" remains separate and needs to be installed after installing WOFF UE?

Thanks for the great work.

#4304450 - 10/19/16 05:41 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Parachuteprone Offline
Parachuteprone  Offline

Nova Scotia
Ha Ha : Was just watching the videos thinking "too bad it wasn't out today while I'm off", my first WOFF experience.
I refreshed my screen and there it was smile

#4304454 - 10/19/16 05:45 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Wow that was super fast! Is this the all in one final edition?

#4304457 - 10/19/16 05:48 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Whoot! Congrats on the release OBD.

For those who haven't checked out all of the great features, please be sure to do so at:
http://wingsoverflandersfields.com/features.html

I highlighted in bold a few of my favorite updates / additions that I think alot of folks will be very excited to experience.

OBD is proud to bring you the Ultimate Edition of what many are now saying is the most immersive flight sim available for World War One.

Many superb features you will discover yourself, here are just a few;
Incorporates ALL of WOFF's current Expansions and ADDONs:
WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS 1
WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS EXPANSION 2
WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS EXPANSION 3
ADDON #1 - FOKKER SCOURGE
ADDON #2 - BALANCE OF POWER
ADDON #3 - MOTLEY CREW

With over 80 FLYABLE aircraft with Zeppelin AI - all included, plus all the new features added in their respective updates patches!
NOW ALL IN ONE EASY TO INSTALL PACKAGE, PLUS SOME AMAZING NEW FEATURES TOO ...
1) Two new important French 2 seater Aircraft
Breguet 14 A2
Caudron GIV

2) Updated 3D Direct X Shaders with improved FPS, especially at airfields :
- much improved rendering of shadows on aircraft and objects.
Also now shadows will now remain visible from parts that are no longer in view.
- new feature: dynamic ground shadows, fully replacing stock shadows with new much improved
and faster shader versions.

3) Fully revised French squadrons to bring the French campaigns in the Champagne regions of Marne and Verdun to life as never before.
Extra French airfields in Marne, Verdun and Alsace sectors

4) Now fully Widescreen compatible - 3440 x 1440 etc to allow users to take full advantage of the new ultra widescreen monitors hitting the market.
5) Revised DM for all aircraft (Cockpit damage revised, aircraft will show damage more often, with more varied break ups, other miscellaneous improvements).
6) Implemented bomb loadout options and a detailed bomb rack model for the Roland aircraft.
7) Improved aircraft type deployment at Airfields by Nation: Bombers, Fighters and Specific fields.
8) Improved airfield facility scaling over the years as well as changing tree types depending on location of airfield
9) Revised and improved lighting systems at airfields eg hangar lights etc All lights now work irrespective of craft taking off, or not, at that field. Come home to lights on at your field at late dusk, night or early morning!
10) Added smoke and lights to factory facilities.
11) Added 11 detailed 'Specific Airfields' rendered as closely as possible as they historically were. These fields are fuilly rendered for all season types :
German
Roucourt
Boistrancourt
Phalempin
Cappy
British
Droglandt
St Omer and St Omer Extension
Mont St Eloi
Vert Galant East and West Fields
French
Behonne
Vadelaincourt
Lemmes

Additional airfields are in the pipeline for future expansions.

Note some airfields are period dependant. i.e they only appear in certain time periods of the war.
12) Revised Winter Trees now bring leafless deciduous trees to the Winter, Winter Light, Winter Medium, and Winter Full Snow, terrain sets, as well as at airfield Facilities for more natural realistic looking airfields.
13) Improved Fine detailed distant object rendering in game.

14) Additional Building models for Airfield Facilities.
15) Earlier operation start times should realise more dawn Patrols, when you can see the dawn and camp lighting for immersive moments, feel the dawn of a new day!
16) Additional British UK airfields and types.
17) Ability to suppress/turn off precipitation effects (rain and snow) in workshops. (Flights are still cancelled on inclement days and weather is still fully variable, there is simply no rain or snow effects in flight).
18) Airfield bumpiness now changes with weather and season conditions
19) Craft wheel rolling sounds now change with weather and season conditions
20) Ability to allow 3rd party mission editors to modify the campaign mission just prior to runtime.
21) Improved dynamic ground bumps on fields.
22) Improved Drum lamps.
23) Includes new RNAS squads for Caudrons.
24) Revised Damage rules to lessen craft instant destruction.
25) Updated graphical content for user interface.
26) Revised Flak effect.
------------------------------
Remember WOFF UE also includes all the WW1 features of WOFF 1 to WOFF 3, for the most immersive single player experience and much more. Here's a few of those features;

.: Superb Artificial Intelligence "AI"
WOFF UE brings a thrilling WW1 experience as the AI pilots possess knowledge of WW1 Fighting dofight manoeuvres, Landing, Formation Flying, and much more.
.: Unique Dymanic Campaign Engine
Controlled by a new WOFF Manager with hundreds of improvements, re-written to produce and control the many WW1 campaign pilots, squads, missions and objectives.

.: 80 Flyable aircraft included from the start!

.: NEW Scenery and Scenery Objects
Stunning realistic colored landscapes. New Winter trees, new airfields and more.

.: Improved Damage systems
Included are damage systems to give more damage including fire damage spread, progressive damage, engine and component failures and more.

.: Full Original WOFF Musical Score
by MATT MILNE, many exclusive tracks and also includes the popular theme from previous release.
...and so much more in WOFF please see other features sections.
Here are just a handful examples:

.: Immersion Labelling system, including DOTS option, Activity and Identity options for immersion.
.: TrackIR - smooth fast implementation.
.: Prop Blur - see the Prop from the Cockpit now.
.: Flight Training instructor, with flight instructor messages for key events.
.: Engine Failures !
.: Wind and 'air bumps'.
.: GAI flights - these will be waiting on ground to get the call to intercept you
.: Gun Jams and Unjamming.
... and much more you will discover when you fly with Wings: Over Flanders Fields UE

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4304459 - 10/19/16 05:50 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Wolfstriked
Wow that was super fast! Is this the all in one final edition?

My favorite part of the Features is where it says "Additional airfields are in the pipeline for future expansions.", so I take that to mean there is still more to come!

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4304461 - 10/19/16 05:53 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
That is nice to read. biggrin

#4304463 - 10/19/16 05:59 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: hoongadoonga]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Originally Posted By: hoongadoonga

I have WOFF 3 and all of the add-ons installed. Do I just install WOFF UE on top of it or is it better to uninstall first?

The "Historical Skins Add On #1" remains separate and needs to be installed after installing WOFF UE?

Nevermind - I found the answers in the new WOFF UE FAQ file -

I can just install on top of WOFF 3 and the skins add on pack must be installed separately.

Edit: I mean that the skins pack will need to be installed separately for new installations, like on a new PC. However, if you're just upgrading to UE it doesn't need to be re-installed (as far as I can tell). I still seem to have access to all of the skins that I saw before the upgrade.

Last edited by hoongadoonga; 10/19/16 07:48 PM.
#4304482 - 10/19/16 07:12 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Can't wait to get home! Can't wait to get home! Can't wait to get home!.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4304483 - 10/19/16 07:13 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front

#4304485 - 10/19/16 07:20 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front

#4304486 - 10/19/16 07:29 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Much sooner than I thought. I think I've been a bit silly forgetting really this is a WOFF3 all in one package with feature improvements and I suppose I was expecting to see new features and maybe campaign improvements maybe regarding spotting and Arty spotting etc. However really that would then be WOFF4! I was secretly hoping the old replay feature would make a come back. Good thing is I'm pretty happy to wait until I get some spare money and not make some hasty rash decision! The shaders are the main thing I'm interested in. Though with the new Hi Res Skins showing damage, killed pilots and glossiness levels ect just recently added I'm more than satisfied:)

I wonder if it would be possible that some time in the future when all WOFF3 development is finished is if someone could make a program that attached to WOFF3 where you get to manage the Squadron (make sure fatigued pilots are rested, maybe you get to hear mess rumours say so and so has been screaming in his sleep, so you then know to rest him or make sure he is next to go on leave), create the missions following your daily orders from High Command and then assign pilots. Have air crew that gain experience you assign the crew to the pilot etc (inexperienced more likely to have mechanical issues pus slower repair times etc)..We the flight sim aspect and great campaign system, this would then be a more a management program. Really what it would be is a mission and squadron editor glossed over with loads of chrome.

Last edited by Wodin; 10/19/16 07:41 PM.
#4304487 - 10/19/16 07:34 PM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front

#4304593 - 10/20/16 12:35 AM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ordered! Keep up the good work!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4304607 - 10/20/16 01:18 AM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
SteveW Offline
SteveW  Offline

Albuquerque, NM USA
Yaaaaay!!! I love getting home from work and seeing this. ASAP I will wrench that credit card out of my wallet and fire up some new WOFF options! OBD rocks, thanks guys! Is that too many exclamation points??!!? I think not!

#4304608 - 10/20/16 01:34 AM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Aaaaaannnnd D/l'd, installed and burned to a DVD just in case! I think I'll go buy a round over at the home of the home of the Daft, the touched, the Barmy - BWOC!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4304615 - 10/20/16 02:30 AM Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields - Ultimate Edition is now available! [Re: Polovski]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

It's incredible. The performance boost, for me, is worth the money alone. Waaay smoother when close to the ground now than before. Great job Ankor!

I also love the way the distance seems to fill out with details more smoothly than before. I've yet to encounter the new French 2-seaters, winter trees etc., but it's all going to be a blast!!

Happy Happy Happy!! Thank you OBD!!!!

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM