Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54
#4302666 - 10/12/16 04:33 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: Paradaz]  
JG26 vonVampr Offline
JG26 vonVampr  Offline

MI USA
I have kept myself out of this never ending quagmire up until this point, but now feel compelled to enter the quicksand with the rest of you screwy I keep hearing from the dissenters how bad of a product DCS aircraft and world are and how unfinished they are. Really, compared to what? I started out playing/flying flight sims with EAW. I've bought and played about every military helo and flight sim from that time until now. None, (and that's covering a lot of ground) even come close to the complexity or the fidelity of DCSW and it's aircraft. I love F4 in it's current state, but it was a very broken piece of software for a very long time. It is the only sim that's even worth mentioning in the same breath as DCS, and even after 18+ years of development it's still not even close to DCS IMO.

At this point, we all know that ED doesn't meet deadlines or commitments and it's a black mark on their brand without a doubt. Knowing this, it's really very easy not to be misled by them and suffer the sorrow of unfulfilled promises. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!! Baam, no more disappointment, no more letdowns, problem solved. Sit back and watch the morons like me who continue to buy their broken software and laugh at our foolishness with glee. I however, won't notice your mirth at my expense because I'll be flying in the most advanced, highest fidelity sim aircraft ever made available to the public and smiling all the way waiting for the next awesome release.

Your mileage may vary, but I don't care cuz DCS is as close to real life flying as I'll ever get without buying a plane ticket and I'm happy to suffer through the delays.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4302675 - 10/12/16 05:15 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: JG26 vonVampr]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: JG26 vonVampr
I have kept myself out of this never ending quagmire up until this point, but now feel compelled to enter the quicksand with the rest of you screwy

Welcome!! biggrin

I keep hearing from the dissenters how bad of a product DCS aircraft and world are and how unfinished they are. Really, compared to what?

Er, broken is broken. Just because everything else is broken does not mean broken is now "okay." Just because other titles are delayed or have lots of bugs does not mean that it is now acceptable to be delayed and bug-ridden.

I love F4 in it's current state, but it was a very broken piece of software for a very long time. It is the only sim that's even worth mentioning in the same breath as DCS, and even after 18+ years of development it's still not even close to DCS IMO.

I'd be interested to know YOUR views and points why you say "it's not close to DCS."

At this point, we all know that ED doesn't meet deadlines or commitments and it's a black mark on their brand without a doubt. Knowing this, it's really very easy not to be misled by them and suffer the sorrow of unfulfilled promises. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!! Baam, no more disappointment, no more letdowns, problem solved.

True, but again, this thread isn't about whether a product should be purchased or not but rather ED's development time of DCS and why it chooses to entertain "distractions" considering the situation it is in.

A closer consideration to your point is the question: What about those that ALREADY brought their products on the promises made at the time of purchase? Hindsight is 20/20, unfortunately. So, what about those that have already purchased modules and are still stuck waiting?

I however, won't notice your mirth at my expense because I'll be flying in the most advanced, highest fidelity sim aircraft ever made available to the public and smiling all the way waiting for the next awesome release.

Someone once said that DCS is an airframe simulator, and they are correct. Maybe like FSX, with better graphics and a small dash of combat, but with a much smaller map. I don't blame you though; I'll probably be in the same boat as you (literally!!) once the Tomcat is released, but again, just because the faults are covered up by a new module, does not mean they're not there. What happens when the "honeymoon phase" is over and the next-new-thing isn't around yet?

I'm happy to suffer through the delays.

Up until when?

- Ice
#4302681 - 10/12/16 05:37 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: Contempt]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Contempt
ricnunes,
No module in dcs ever really finished ever, even Huey. Always make better fm or system modeling. Like code art and painter never happy with some parts still need to move forward. Back port when new projects make new tech like leatherneck will on mig21 I see. The level of sim art we still have now is high no? Hard to please everyone and make finishing touches.

Well, I was going to reply to this point of yours but then I noticed that Jedi Master replied better than I probably would.

Fm and combat systems in dcs still exceeds any other sim, new net code so better multiplayer coming.

Really??
Does DCS even models the combat systems of an advanced multirole fighter aircraft like the F-16? NO
Does DCS even models the FM of a Fly-By-Wire aircraft like the F-16? NO
Can you play campaigns in Multiplayer in DCS? NO

And guess what? Falcon BMS models all the above with the best realism and fidelity available for PC!
So NO DCS doesn't exceed Falcon BMS and as such doesn't "exceed any other sim" like you say!

You may prefer DCS, that's fine. But saying that "DCS Still exceed any other sim" is with all due respect, FALSE!

#4302684 - 10/12/16 06:03 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: ]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Troll
You should've kept out, vonVampr...
Nothing good will ever come from posting what you did, because in the eyes of the more prolific posters here, you must be wrong.
Because we must not forget, this is ED we're discussing. Had it been any other game or developer, you could've been right, but since it's ED and DCS, you're wrong.
biggrin
I'm sorry vonVampr! I just couldn't resist. wink

But on a more serious note, get out! Don't waste your time here. I have wasted enough on these guys.

Someone seems to be struggling with the concept that **gasp!!* they could be mistaken! Has your life really been one success after another that you cannot imagine how you could be missing the point on a few other things?

Also, seems like someone is posting with hurt feelings... can't have that!

- Ice
#4302688 - 10/12/16 06:11 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: ]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

But on a more serious note, get out! Don't waste your time here.

Classy.

Says the guy that has over 250 posts here in the last couple months? If there is a site where you have posted and visited more...as in sharing screenshots, reporting AAR's, telling tall tales of missions you've flown, or just showing off how awesome DCS is please enlighten us.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4302689 - 10/12/16 06:16 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: JG26 vonVampr]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

even after 18+ years of development it's still not even close to DCS IMO.

The force is strong in this one xwing

Well, joking aside, as I have said many times before, I do enjoy DCS. I enjoy BMS waaaay more.
DCS could be much better, but it won't.
I'm off to play copter

#4302697 - 10/12/16 06:48 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: ricnunes]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Really??
Does DCS even models the combat systems of an advanced multirole fighter aircraft like the F-16? NO

SOON (tm) (F-18C, F-15E)

Quote:
Does DCS even models the FM of a Fly-By-Wire aircraft like the F-16? NO

1. YES (Mirage 2000C)
2. SOON (F-18C)
3. Who cares? FM and FBW are independent, and it already models some complex hydromechanical systems for F-15 and pitch-channel FBW for the flanker.

Quote:

YES. But the have to made by humans smile

Quote:
And guess what? Falcon BMS models all the above with the best realism and fidelity available for PC!

Actually no. It does pretty good, but best, not really.

Quote:
So NO DCS doesn't exceed Falcon BMS and as such doesn't "exceed any other sim" like you say!

You may prefer DCS, that's fine. But saying that "DCS Still exceed any other sim" is with all due respect, FALSE!

Sure, but don't go implying that BMS exceeds any other sim either. smile

Last edited by GrayGhost; 10/12/16 06:49 PM.

--
44th VFW
#4302737 - 10/12/16 08:21 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: GrayGhost]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bkthunder
DCS could be much better, but it won't.

And that is where the problem is.... the potential is there. EVERYONE could see it. The focus and the drive to capitalize on it is massively lacking.

Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Really??

SOON (tm) (F-18C, F-15E)

"Soon" doesn't count at all. Is it here yet? No? Then the answer to ricnune's question is still a "NO."

Quote:

YES. But the have to made by humans smile

Which involves *A LOT* of effort and with very low (if any) replayability. Very small in scope as well.

Has anyone tried to make a fast-mission, take an F-15, and see how far you can go before you "leave" the theatre?

Sure, but don't go implying that BMS exceeds any other sim either. smile

Again, DCS is an airframe simulator. DCS is better than BMS in terms of graphics (and VR) and in the sense that each aircraft is it's own aircraft (as opposed to a modded F-16), but that's about it. As a whole, if you are looking for a combat flight simulator, BMS does a lot of things better than DCS. If you are looking for FSX where you fly different aircraft and you can shoot missiles at different aircraft, then DCS has the airframe variety.

I don't think ricnunes was saying BMS exceeds any other sim, just that it exceeds DCS and therefore, DCS does not exceed other sims as Contempt was trying to point out.

- Ice
#4302751 - 10/12/16 10:17 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: - Ice]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: - Ice
"Soon" doesn't count at all. Is it here yet? No? Then the answer to ricnune's question is still a "NO."

Irrelevant. Almost all the necessary systems are there, they just don't happen to be built into the same airframe. Context.

Which involves *A LOT* of effort and with very low (if any) replayability. Very small in scope as well.

Has anyone tried to make a fast-mission, take an F-15, and see how far you can go before you "leave" the theatre?

Sure, no one's disputing that - but there are ways to gain some efficiency.

Quote:
Again, DCS is an airframe simulator. DCS is better than BMS in terms of graphics (and VR) and in the sense that each aircraft is it's own aircraft (as opposed to a modded F-16), but that's about it. As a whole, if you are looking for a combat flight simulator, BMS does a lot of things better than DCS. If you are looking for FSX where you fly different aircraft and you can shoot missiles at different aircraft, then DCS has the airframe variety.

FSX doesn't have squat on DCS as far as combat goes. As for BMS doing things better - it does some things better, yes, and it has a following for a bunch of well known reasons.
I can turn this one on its head and say - here, watch this - 'BMS does well for lazy people who don't want to set up their own detailed scenarios - but that's about it'.

Quote:
I don't think ricnunes was saying BMS exceeds any other sim, just that it exceeds DCS and therefore, DCS does not exceed other sims as Contempt was trying to point out.

The implication was there. When is any of this not X vs Y? smile

There are strengths in both sims that likely won't be replicated by the other. There's also unfulfilled potential in both.

Last edited by GrayGhost; 10/12/16 10:18 PM.

--
44th VFW
#4302753 - 10/12/16 10:34 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: Paradaz]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
I am pretty sure the horse is long dead here. Most of this thread is various people repeating their point of view.

No offense to anyone, since all of you have, at some level, valid complaints/compliments.

DCS is, foremost, an aircraft simulator, not a combat simulator, which BMS does better (from an entertainment perspective). It can simulate combat, but only in some very restricted ways. Hopefully, once v2.5 is released, they will do more to expand the realism of the combat side.

BMS is definitely a better experience for many as DCS is for others. It depends on what the user is looking for.

It is what it is, and hopefully, both will be even better in the future.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4302756 - 10/12/16 10:42 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: - Ice]  
JG26 vonVampr Offline
JG26 vonVampr  Offline

MI USA
Quote:

I really have to agree with this in regards to co-op with squad/friends F4 is a better "OVERALL" sim to partake in co-op missions. DCS is much better for PvP events such as Operation Blue Flag, the 104th public server and others like it. DCS is also much better looking and doesn't have any flat, 2d terrain/buildings like F4 has. It also has a MUCH larger scope with way more aircraft, and as previously mentioned the potential to be something great.

With that being said, if I could find some people who flew F4 regularly I'd probably fly it but at the moment the guys I used to fly with aren't interested in flying it with any regularity. I may poke around for a casual squad as I always did enjoy the co-ops online in F4 with the DC.

#4302757 - 10/12/16 10:47 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: GrayGhost]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Irrelevant. Almost all the necessary systems are there, they just don't happen to be built into the same airframe. Context.

"Being there" vs. end user actually ABLE to use the thing are two different.

A product that is 95% complete but is yet to be released to customers means the product is still **NOT** available to customers. Close, but still no cigar.

Sure, no one's disputing that - but there are ways to gain some efficiency.

What exactly do you mean by "gain some efficiency"??

FSX doesn't have squat on DCS as far as combat goes.

Oh God I would hope so!! Would be embarrasing if this were not the case. However, I was referring more to the fact that you have more airframe choices in DCS than in BMS, hence the "airframe variety."

I can turn this one on its head and say - here, watch this - 'BMS does well for lazy people who don't want to set up their own detailed scenarios - but that's about it'.

Easy. BMS is for people who want to play an immersive combat flight simulator. If you want to spend hours crafting a mission that will be only played once or twice before it'll feel like cheating or spend a few minutes to fast-generate a mission but will be worried about flying "outside" the theatre, then DCS is for you.

Want to feel like a pilot involved in a war? BMS.
Want to be a mission creator and create detailed scenarios that you won't want to fly because you already "know the ending"? DCS.

The implication was there.

Really? Where?

There are strengths in both sims that likely won't be replicated by the other. There's also unfulfilled potential in both.

True. One works tirelessly to move the sim forward. The other one, well, I don't think the other one even knows what it's doing, really. biggrin

The fact that one of them is working with old code, reverse-engineering stuff, and still gets more things right than the other team makes it more embarrassing for the latter.

- Ice
#4302759 - 10/12/16 11:00 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: JG26 vonVampr]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan

While I hold hope for both parties, I can imagine one group locking themselves behind solid doors and working feverishly on the code while another group just wanders about aimlessly.

I really have to agree with this in regards to co-op with squad/friends F4 is a better "OVERALL" sim to partake in co-op missions. DCS is much better for PvP events such as Operation Blue Flag, the 104th public server and others like it. DCS is also much better looking and doesn't have any flat, 2d terrain/buildings like F4 has. It also has a MUCH larger scope with way more aircraft, and as previously mentioned the potential to be something great.

With that being said, if I could find some people who flew F4 regularly I'd probably fly it but at the moment the guys I used to fly with aren't interested in flying it with any regularity. I may poke around for a casual squad as I always did enjoy the co-ops online in F4 with the DC.

Look up Battle for Sinai or Falcon Online and you'll see PvP. I seem to remember there were two other events as well, but can't remember the name for now. Loads of videos on YT of BfS.

Also, I don't know what you're looking for, but this doesn't look very flat to me:

linky

As for the buildings, not everythign is 2D, there are some 3D buildings but work seems to be done to get more. Much more:

linky

Like I said, if you want an immersive combat flight simulator, BMS is your ticket. It's not your only ticket, mind. I'm sure there are others out there as well.

If you want scripted missions or to create your own scenarios that will feel like cheating once you fly it for real, or take pretty screenshots, then DCS is your ticket.

- Ice
#4302765 - 10/12/16 11:35 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: - Ice]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA

While I hold hope for both parties, I can imagine one group locking themselves behind solid doors and working feverishly on the code while another group just wanders about aimlessly.

I do as well, and I have no problem admitting that ED doesn't seem to be able to focus their resources, toward the entertainment side of the market.

First, and foremost, you have to disconnect anything that 3rd parties are doing, or not doing. ED's focus is, to some extent, going to be distracted by the needs of their collaborators. However, what I have read, over the past several years, leads me to believe that the 3rd parties don't get nearly the attention that some might feel ED is devoting to them, whether it be for a campaign or an aircraft module.

Last edited by cichlidfan; 10/13/16 07:59 AM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4302800 - 10/13/16 03:12 AM Re: Paradaz [Re: Paradaz]  
Contempt Offline
Contempt  Offline

DCS to ambitious for future? dx11, edge, now decide to fix old map for edge, lots to fix and merge. Then back to fix atc, missiles, new clouds for new 2.5 all in one system. One day soon all together with f14 please.
Hard to be fast when a perfectionist? Bar so high things take too long always a better way? Very hard to balance and make everyone happy now it is set?

Last edited by Contempt; 10/13/16 03:20 AM.
#4302822 - 10/13/16 07:55 AM Re: Paradaz [Re: Contempt]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

Very hard to balance and make everyone happy now it is set?

Set it is, but everyone happy is not!

#4302829 - 10/13/16 08:25 AM Re: Paradaz [Re: Contempt]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

First, and foremost, you have to disconnect anything that 3rd parties are doing, or not doing. ED's focus is, to some extent, going to be distracted by the needs of their collaborators. However, what I have read, over the past several years, leads me to believe that the 3rd parties don't get nearly the attention that some might feel ED is devoting to them, whether it be for a campaign or an aircraft module.

Whether they get the attention they feel they need or not, they are still distracting ED from the core work it needs to do. One thing to consider as well, these 3rd party devs would be working on 3 versions of their product (or at least 2 versions), one for 1.xx, one for 2.xx and one for 2.5xx. That means having to "distract" ED three times instead of just once for one version.

DCS to ambitious for future?

Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but they've bitten off more than they can chew, and sometimes, it looks like they've forgotten how to chew properly.

One day soon all together with f14 please.

One day, indeed. "Soon" is what I'm skeptical about.

Hard to be fast when a perfectionist?

Hard to be fast when there's no focus. If they were a perfectionist, which they are clearly NOT, some of the bugs would've been fixed LONG, LONG time ago.

Bar so high things take too long always a better way? Very hard to balance and make everyone happy now it is set?

They've set their own bar so they have nobody to blame for customer expectations other than themselves.

- Ice
#4302868 - 10/13/16 12:07 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Right! I forgot that you only read your own posts... Ricnunes posted that. smile

Yeah, I forgot you get confused very easily and you forgot you were talking to me and not ricnunes. You may be getting too stressed out reading these replies, might be time to take a break. Hopefully you'll get it right next time.

That's the first time you've admitted that you could be mistaken, Ice! There's still hope for you. biggrin

Obviously, comprehension is a challenge for you too. Remember to take breaks often!

Who? You or me? Can't be me since you concluded that you're the passionate one and I'm more laid back than most.
Sorry I hurt your feelings then.

Totally missed this one too, buddy. Try again.

Please don't take my reply above, seriously. It was just an attempt to copy your posting style, Ice. You always read what you want and interpret freely.
Discussing this with you is an exercise in futility.
I don't expect you to understand that either...

Nope. I read what you write and that's it. If there's another side to the argument that you haven't considered when you made your statement, it's not my fault.

Talking to you about the issues being discussed in this thread and not whether DCS is enjoyable or great in VR, that's the exercise in futility.

Replying to your posts after you said numerous times that you're done, that you've wasted enough time, that's the exercise in futility. Maybe it's time to take some of your own medicine and take a break and stop wasting everyone's time.

Here's the
WAAAAHmbulance

to take you home.

- Ice
#4302869 - 10/13/16 12:09 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I'm sorry if my opinons are objectionable to you.

Good bye from member no. 7.

WAAAAHmbulance

pitchafit

- Ice
#4302927 - 10/13/16 03:42 PM Re: Paradaz [Re: ]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Force10

Says the guy that has over 250 posts here in the last couple months? If there is a site where you have posted and visited more...as in sharing screenshots, reporting AAR's, telling tall tales of missions you've flown, or just showing off how awesome DCS is please enlighten us.

I'm sorry if my opinons are objectionable to you.

Good bye from member no. 7.

Not objectionable...try hypocritical.

SimHQ is a free service offered at no charge but there are some basic rules that should be followed. Including:

1. Don't personally attack other members
2. Don't use the free service offered to tell people not to come here

Number two is pretty much common sense and a no-brainer.

It should be even more obvious to someone that's been here for 17 years.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.