Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
#4292349 - 08/31/16 11:31 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4292355 - 08/31/16 11:59 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: Chucky
What's you user name Ice? There is an Ice there but it doesn't look like you.

Same as here, but no space after the dash, so "-Ice"

Originally Posted By: Andromedius
They're now perma-banned from my wallet. Their selling privileges have been revoked.

Nice one! thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Force10
Pretty sure the message was 1.13 which is:

Users using other public forums to spread damaging and false information regarding DCS and Eagle Dynamics will forfeit thier posting rights here.

Again...no biggie really. I was more interested in the change of vocabulary to "posting rights revoked". I guess it sounds less harsh then
"banned".

I'm pretty sure they didn't mention what exactly you said on which forum you said it. Also, they'd be hard pressed to prove whether what you said is "false," there are a lot of true but damaging information regarding ED/DCS. But like you said, moot point as there's no interest of going to their forums anyway.

- Ice
#4292356 - 09/01/16 12:02 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
You can tell Stalin Jr. on the Ed forum that banned and "posting rights removed" is the same thing. Not to mention that pissing off paying customers is like pulling your wallet and pulling out 3262 rubble's and setting it on fire over multiple times.

But damage has been done and over such a long time you can not fix that easily with those that got burned. Not to mention some folks wearing the ED hat are really rude. Not nice folks. Makes bad PR.

I want to point out that I really liked the black shark, regular frog foot and MI-8. Since my run in a few years back I uninstalled and not really touched them since. Let alone buy something new. That is the power of a badly run crazy forum for me that represents a product for sale.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 09/01/16 12:06 AM.
#4292366 - 09/01/16 12:22 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Baffles me why they run it this way, but as someone pointed out, "must be a Russian thing?" screwy

Pity. I have a lot of bad things to say about ED/DCS, but I will acknowledge that the Hog and the Shark are really good products. Unfortunately, the rest of the "World" has to mature a bit more before it gets fun flying these "good products" again.

- Ice
#4292369 - 09/01/16 12:45 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: SkateZilla]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

#4292415 - 09/01/16 07:31 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

LOL!! I found a guy that was perma-insta banned in 2014, he made TWO posts!
One reporting a graphic glitch. Another discussing.... Drum roll.... ........ Missile performance biggrin

This is how the average simmer feels when posting on ED forums > lightsabers

#4292435 - 09/01/16 08:21 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: - Ice]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted By: - Ice

Same as here, but no space after the dash, so "-Ice"

Looks ok Ice,you can continue posting there whenever you like smile

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4292438 - 09/01/16 09:02 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Yeah, checked out an old thread of mine, no icons or anything next to my name. Funny! Would I have to be logged in to see my actual warning/ban status?

bkthunder, any chance of sharing this user you mentioned?

- Ice
#4292447 - 09/01/16 11:03 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Moderating is *very* heavy handed there to be sure. But, to be fair, it is a business.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4292449 - 09/01/16 11:07 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: bkthunder]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: bkthunder
LOL!! I found a guy that was perma-insta banned in 2014, he made TWO posts!
One reporting a graphic glitch. Another discussing.... Drum roll.... ........ Missile performance biggrin

This is how the average simmer feels when posting on ED forums > lightsabers

another satisfied costumer biggrin

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Moderating is *very* heavy handed there to be sure. But, to be fair, it is a business.

a slaughterhouse is also a business

tact, a friendly attitude, respecting other people's opinions - those are the attributes that one values, specially in a business that depends on word of mouth to sell like flight simulations.

#4292493 - 09/01/16 12:39 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Boomer]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Boomer

Even if your business is a morgue/funeral home, you still have to deal with the relatives and next-of-kin of the deceased. Customer support and satisfaction go a long way in guaranteeing your business thrives.

- Ice
#4292520 - 09/01/16 01:37 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Companies are now suing people for bad reviews on Yelp and Google and such. I don't think any have won yet, because the reviews were factual, but there is precedent that businesses don't like it when unhappy customers spread the word of their unhappiness.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4292558 - 09/01/16 02:45 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
I let you guys speculate on this enough,

Here's the 411,

E.D Updated their Forums/vBulletin Code on 8-24-2016 to a newer version,

Several Group Names etc were changed as part of that Update.

Guys are so quick to jump on E.D. over a User Title Change that was a result of a vBulletin Update..

Last edited by SkateZilla; 09/01/16 02:46 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4292560 - 09/01/16 02:51 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Guys are so quick to jump on E.D. over a User Title Change that was a result of a vBulletin Update..

So "Posting Rights Revoked" is the new "User Title" for "Banned"??

- Ice
#4292570 - 09/01/16 03:05 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: - Ice

So "Posting Rights Revoked" is the new "User Title" for "Banned"??

ohhhh - this explains it all, thanks !

If I ever get to ban someone at LOF I'll edit the title to "Posting Rights Revoked" - which is done in the ACP by the website admin.

by the way, smart move banning a SimHQ moderator - part of the developer public relations campaign of harnessing the support of flight sim websites.

wink

#4292596 - 09/01/16 03:46 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

by the way, smart move banning a SimHQ moderator - part of the developer public relations campaign of harnessing the support of flight sim websites.

wink

The fact that I'm a moderator/admin here should have no bearing on something like this. The more important aspect is that I'm an ED
customer that has spent a few hundred dollars on their products. When you have pretty much a monopoly in a business situation...you can more easily get away with poor customer relations.

IMO

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4292599 - 09/01/16 04:02 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:
The more important aspect is that I'm an ED
customer that has spent a few hundred dollars on their products.

makes 2 of us biggrin

I always find it odd when I am face to face with bad costumer service - it is a given that the worse you treat your costumers the less inclined they are to keep buying your products.

I agree - it is a monopoly of sorts, that is why I moved to P3D.

#4292642 - 09/01/16 05:47 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
Guys... if you have so little interest in ED forum... why so much trouble on multiple threads about their policy?

Many users here are bragging literally like youngsters how much they don't care about their issue or how much contempt they have for ED forum rules but they are complaining or supporting the ones that complain about those rules or break them. Is this how serious people act? Or is all just a joke?

I have an interest in ED's forum... People are posting there a lot of good ideas and a lot of modifications. The multiplayer community gathers there for great multiplayer experiences. Maybe not all or not the only but great none the less.

Now all that those rules say there is this:
-don't spit on my product and expect me to smile and invite you to spit more or have a nice chat with people using my forum
-don't spit on my product elsewhere and then say... omg... that isn't me... when both of us know is one and the same.

Now... the spiting rules are subject to each one's interpretation but the giver of the rules can chose what they mean at any time in the end... with impunity. It's his house , his rules and his meanings. Sure we live in society... we adapt... we compromise but we still want things to be as much as possible our ways, especially in our houses.

Even if you some how can convince the entire planet not to buy ED's products and in face of such huge losses they concedes and give you back the posting rules and remove the banning rules altogether it means nothing. You just forced them to abolish their rules but that doesn't mean they weren't right.

Then is the fact that ED s in the end a Multinational Society with many people inside adding their part to the decisions... good or bad. But you like to name this thing... ED... like a human... and bash it him. Don't deny it because it's very transparent how you enjoy that you have one guy with face and name that is the uber dark eminence from hell of moderators and wants only evil and you fight against him like it's a holly crusade.

So... you want to use ED's forum. Manage your anger. Treat that forum like a living thing that screams in pain after some "interaction". Pain is subjective and the subject is that forum. If it screams.. then that is the threshold. You think you have something important to contribute on that forum... work around that threshold, don't try to deny pain and move the resistance up and then complain about the bites.

If I look on this forum at any given day there are a lot more users active on DCS subforum than on any other subforum. That says a lot of things.

PS Probably many of you think that I am just an ED fanboy... truth is, I am not but every time I have something to complain about them or their products I think is sufficient to come here and see some of these threads and I become a fanboy or at least I get Zen about the problems I might have with them. I simply cannot agree with this river of tears and gall that flows here. This and the sales... smile

#4292655 - 09/01/16 05:58 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
it is a given that the worse you treat your costumers the less inclined they are to keep buying your products.

Ya don't say?!??! biggrin biggrin

Tom, I think things might be different in Mother Russia. duck

- Ice
#4292673 - 09/01/16 06:19 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: zaelu]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Quite a confusing post, but let's see....

Originally Posted By: zaelu
Guys... if you have so little interest in ED forum... why so much trouble on multiple threads about their policy?

While we have little interest regarding posting on the ED forum, what is there to stop us discussing the ED forum and the goings on therein? We don't want to go there, but we do want to talk about the interesting things that happen there. Does that make sense?

I have an interest in ED's forum... People are posting there a lot of good ideas and a lot of modifications. The multiplayer community gathers there for great multiplayer experiences. Maybe not all or not the only but great none the less.

Valid point! And I agree. If I were playing DCS now, I would be going to their forum to get help regarding setting up my multi-screen display. A few guys there (Paul and Greg, IIRC) are quite good at modding the .lua files so that we can get specific behaviors from the sim. However, the issue is not the good camaraderie or the helpful community that is present in the ED forum, the issue is the attitude of the powers-that-be regarding questions on the sim behavior, aircraft performance, bugs, etc.

Now all that those rules say there is this:
-don't spit on my product and expect me to smile and invite you to spit more or have a nice chat with people using my forum
-don't spit on my product elsewhere and then say... omg... that isn't me... when both of us know is one and the same.

As I said earlier, it's hard to determine what exactly triggers the ED moderators. One example: Snoopy and Noodle were discussing some ITT discrepancy between real world figures and the sim. THEY got banned. That's not really "spitting on my product," is it?

The product itself is not without faults, but we see people making informed, evidence-based comments on Reddit and other forums regarding specific module's shortcomings. THEY get banned. ED cannot tolerate discussion of its flaws and shortcomings in it's own forums and it actively trolls other forums so that they can then go back to their forums and ban those people that take their discussion elsewhere.

Please note that "spitting on my product" and discussing flaws/bugs/shortcomings are two different things.
Spitting on product -- OMG!! LOLZ! This game is so lame and people who buy this are retards!
Discussing flaws/bugs/shortcomings -- I think there's a problem with [parameter] as it does not conform with [evidence].

Unfortunately, ED mods love to ban you for both types of discussion. If you don't believe me, I'm sure somebody here can give you a topic that you can bring over to the ED forums and we'll see how long it lasts.

Now... the spiting rules are subject to each one's interpretation but the giver of the rules can chose what they mean at any time in the end... with impunity. It's his house , his rules and his meanings. Sure we live in society... we adapt... we compromise but we still want things to be as much as possible our ways, especially in our houses.

I think we've established by now that ED will ban you for the slightest thing. There's a difference between going to a guy's house, wrecking the place, then making off with his TV... sure, that's bad and never invite me into your home again. However, banning a me from your house simply because I said the curtains don't match the wallpaper? Even after bringing a color wheel, discussing "cool" and "warm" colors, and even having the support of a well-known interior designer, I still get banned.

But you like to name this thing... ED... like a human... and bash it him. Don't deny it because it's very transparent how you enjoy that you have one guy with face and name that is the uber dark eminence from hell of moderators and wants only evil and you fight against him like it's a holly crusade.

To be fair, when we talk about "him," we are referring to either the devs, the moderators, or both. Not the community.

So... you want to use ED's forum. Manage your anger.

Again, you **WILL** find that even the most civil of discussions can be taken down and the user banned simply because of the content of the discussion. No anger. No drama. But they made the mistake of discussing certain "forbidden topics."

I think you have the wrong idea regarding why (or how) we are discussing thing here, so I hope this clears this up for you. If I've mis-read your post, I do apologize.... like I said, your post is quite confusing.

- Ice
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.