Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4291140 - 08/28/16 02:50 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

And yes, we need people to buy the product to make more products. Do you just want to be stuck with DCS and WT and modded CLOD forever?
But we can't do it all unless everyone, and I mean everyone gets behind us and buys everything we offer.
Jason

Sorry Trooper, when I see statements like this, it just brings back the memories of my personal experience with the whole Early Access for BOS. I understand that Jason or someone probably has to make them, but Trust has to be earned back. Honestly, while they have made lots of changes in both BOS and BOM(I have read about the BOM changes), BOS still is very limited in the SP experience. The small amount of assets that can be used and the complicated ME, non user friendly coop hosting along with the AI that has never been good IMHO(to be fair, CLOD AI is whacked now, ROF is pretty bad and the DCS Super AI can be frustrating) still keeps me away. I was watching a recording of the BOS AI the other night and the planes Porpoise all the time in every turn(ROF does this also). Aileron rocking back and forth constantly, it is just bad right now. I really think taking a step backwards and copying the Dealdos IL2 1946 AI would be an improvement for all current flight Sims until a new AI breakthrough is made. I honestly hope Jason and Team make a great new Sim, and when it is out there and I read and see how good it is, my money will be in it.

S!Blade<><

P.S. IF TF get the AI straightened out in CLOD in there next patch, then yes I want to continually see CLOD patched over & over again because I think it is the best looking, most immersive, best flight modeling, best graphics, usable ME, wide open sandbaox and most untapped potential of any Sim in the market right now. IMHO yep

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 08/28/16 02:52 AM.
#4291181 - 08/28/16 12:09 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
I have IL2 1946, DCS, CloD, BoS/BoM, RoF, WoFF, even War Thunder, and I don't want to see any of them fizzle out... I intend to keep them all on my HD.

I personally couldn't care a hoot if people pre order or not, it's their money after all.
But I'm not going to dis anyone who is trying to make the game better, whether they manage to pull it off or not... I'm just sick to death of hearing the same load of horlicks constantly.

I don't know about some of you, but I reckon we know most of the posters here, and that means we all know each others points of view because they get hashed out literally every time someone tries to say something positive about the game.

Try to get over it, try to move on, try to put whatever grips your cac away in another place, because all that constant negativity can't be doing anyone's health any good, lol!

#4291217 - 08/28/16 03:32 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
CBSKentucky Offline
CBSKentucky  Offline

Atlanta
Fix the FW-190 please and thank you.

Personally won't have much interest going forward unless that happens.

#4291224 - 08/28/16 04:10 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Trooper117]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Originally Posted By: Trooper117
I have IL2 1946, DCS, CloD, BoS/BoM, RoF, WoFF, even War Thunder, and I don't want to see any of them fizzle out... I intend to keep them all on my HD.

I personally couldn't care a hoot if people pre order or not, it's their money after all.
But I'm not going to dis anyone who is trying to make the game better, whether they manage to pull it off or not... I'm just sick to death of hearing the same load of horlicks constantly.

I don't know about some of you, but I reckon we know most of the posters here, and that means we all know each others points of view because they get hashed out literally every time someone tries to say something positive about the game.

Try to get over it, try to move on, try to put whatever grips your cac away in another place, because all that constant negativity can't be doing anyone's health any good, lol!

Agree.
Couldn't put it better...

P.S. I own all those sims/games mentioned also smile

Last edited by Ami7b5; 08/28/16 04:11 PM.

If you're close, get closer.
#4291225 - 08/28/16 04:11 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Guys, I haven't been posting in here in a long time, just too busy enjoying the crap out of BOS/BOM. I will back these guys all the way on this. We've come a long way over the years and as this game has panned out, it's just been a great online experience. For me personally, I can't get into any offline games anymore...but then again, I'm old and getting older by the second, and single player just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Good thing, since multiplayer will be the only thing available in the near future. That's just the way things are headed.

Oh well, to each their own. The guys I fly with and against, love this game. CLoD and DCS....I think they're great as well..just a different focus. Everyone of these games has something to offer and how we spend our money, well it's personal and everyone has the right to support whatever they want. You can "fish or cut bait" with any of these games...

#4291262 - 08/28/16 07:03 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: JagerNeun]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: JagerNeun
.. Good thing, since multiplayer will be the only thing available in the near future. That's just the way things are headed...

That simply isn't true. A few examples to elaborate:

TitanFall was heavily criticised in 2014 for its failure to provide a single player campaign.

The sequel (imaginatively titled TitanFall 2), which is due to be released in September 2016, fixes that failing by including a full single-player campaign completely separate from the multiplayer element.

Starwars Battlefront was criticised at its release in 2015 for a lack of single player content.

EA/DICE has indicated that they have listened to the criticism and that the sequel(s) will have more single player content.
In the meantime a patch has expanded the single player content in the current game.

IL2 BOS was heavily criticised in 2013 for its lacklustre single player element.

The current management are talking-up plans to address this in IL2's future.

Single player is dead, long live single player.
smile

Last edited by Extreme_One; 08/28/16 07:05 PM.
#4291269 - 08/28/16 07:37 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: JagerNeun]  
Frogyy2 Offline
Frogyy2  Offline

Originally Posted By: JagerNeun
Guys, I haven't been posting in here in a long time, just too busy enjoying the crap out of BOS/BOM. I will back these guys all the way on this. We've come a long way over the years and as this game has panned out, it's just been a great online experience. For me personally, I can't get into any offline games anymore...but then again, I'm old and getting older by the second, and single player just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Good thing, since multiplayer will be the only thing available in the near future. That's just the way things are headed.

Oh well, to each their own. The guys I fly with and against, love this game. CLoD and DCS....I think they're great as well..just a different focus. Everyone of these games has something to offer and how we spend our money, well it's personal and everyone has the right to support whatever they want. You can "fish or cut bait" with any of these games...

I don't doubt that offline is a dead issue with 1CGS' Il2 series. The series is a marketing operation. Innovation for AI and advances in aircraft systems/damage modeling would require cash investments that are not likely forthcoming. Any new funds will likely be funneled into new aircraft/vehicles and maps that can be sold to keep the enterprise afloat. If the goal is simply to keep the series afloat then buying everything on offer is the surest way to achieve that end.

#4291349 - 08/29/16 03:25 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Trooper117]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Trooper117

Me too.. I never tried WoFF though.. It was more because of the theater and the fact that is was CFS based .. I could never get CFS3 to run tight on my system.. any of them .. I always had issues with my MDFFB2.. I was in early on WT.. actually when it was WoP... but I refused to drop any money into it.. Then BoS came out.. and that was that as far as a post CoD/DCS WWII sim thing goes.. for me at least.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4291443 - 08/29/16 01:07 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Bearcat99]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99

Then BoS came out.. and that was that as far as a post CoD/DCS WWII sim thing goes.. for me at least.

Good things are on the way with DCS and Cliffs.
DCS 2.5 scheduled for release by end of the year, along with the Normandy map as well.
And TF5 for Cliffs along with a new map also, although no firm date announced as of yet hopefully won't be too much longer...
And I am certainly keeping an eye out for the next announcement of improvements for BOS and trying to remain hopeful at least, especially now with the changes and Jason taking the lead. But they have got to do something about the SP aspect of the sim.

Last edited by dburne; 08/29/16 01:08 PM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4291457 - 08/29/16 02:05 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
There is far too much myopia among MP players claiming SP is dead.

Because in their experience MP is richer, and because they don't play much SP anymore, and because everyone they know plays MP only, and because they have a good internet connection that is reliable and fast and cheap, they assume MP is all there is anymore to gaming.

Oddly, this doesn't apply the other way. Players who primarily play SP are well aware of MP and how many people play it and how good it may or may not be for a given title, but still enjoy SP for what it offers. No reliance on unreliable humans other than themselves. Nothing but reliable power needed. The ability to play however they want to play (labels? god mode? no fuel burn? Whatever, who cares?) without being judged by the "I play full real and still beat everyone flying drunk and asleep" crowd. No worries about "air quake" because the AI will follow the rules of the mission and not abandon them just to get as many kills as it can.

It's the difference between poker and solitaire. Both use cards, but are enjoyable in a different way. People who suck at poker can still enjoy solitaire and not lose any money.
Poker didn't kill off solitaire. It's still around and still played. Just because you enjoy poker 10x more than solitaire and have no interest in playing it again doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4291466 - 08/29/16 02:30 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Agree with Froggy... Always kept an eye on this title but the lackluster SP and the little possibility to have it revamped makes me unlikely to buy into it despite the marketing.

It would likely remain a MP centric game. MP is fine but, I want both.

#4291506 - 08/29/16 04:21 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Patrick Wilson Campaign Generator (PWCG) provides a good SP experience IMHO
You can buy BoS for a price of ONE DCS plane (I have quite a few of them) and PWCG is free.
So why not to try it firsthand?

Last edited by Ami7b5; 08/29/16 04:25 PM.

#4291550 - 08/29/16 05:36 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Ami: I know PWCG but the difference between built-in root level feature and 3rd party add-on is there.

PS If the BoS commercial cycle is + maps + planes rinse repeat --> equaling data work like 3D modelling, texturing and FM etc, for me it is very dull and lacking innovation. One can do it himself given access to the game engine even.

Maybe something like AI upgrade / campaign upgrade / some other functionality upgrade (maybe put it in better form, just thinking here) --> game engine changes, I think they have more effects.

Same can be said for the DCS modules. I find them banking more on modern day technology and DLC like cash milking method rather than something creative. Well maybe tis just me...:|

Last edited by Schwalbe; 08/29/16 06:14 PM.
#4291567 - 08/29/16 06:17 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Frogyy2 Offline
Frogyy2  Offline

Seems like those who are only interested in an "online" BoS/BoM world would or should recognize that a strong SP component is to their benefit. Otherwise they are going to need to perform all the heavy lifting when Jason or whoever is running the 1CGS show calls out for more merchandise to be purchased.

#4291695 - 08/30/16 12:41 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Force10]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: Force10
I remember you saying you were against some of those decisions early on...not doubting that. I'm curious what makes things different now...are you more in a position to have some influence over changes? Or is there someone else in charge that share's your view?

To answer for Jason (sorry man wink ), he is now the producer of the series.

#4291747 - 08/30/16 06:09 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Schwalbe]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Schwalbe
PS If the BoS commercial cycle is + maps + planes rinse repeat --> equaling data work like 3D modelling, texturing and FM etc, for me it is very dull and lacking innovation.

I agree with this poster

#4292431 - 09/01/16 08:16 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Schwalbe]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Originally Posted By: Schwalbe
Ami: I know PWCG but the difference between built-in root level feature and 3rd party add-on is there.

I agree...

Same can be said for the DCS modules. I find them banking more on modern day technology and DLC like cash milking method rather than something creative. Well maybe tis just me...:|

I have bought a lot of DCS modules, but now I don't buy anything new until they provide us with some believable theater - so - I agree with you again smile
But BoS is worth the try at current price IMHO

Last edited by Ami7b5; 09/01/16 08:19 AM.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.