Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#4290741 - 08/26/16 11:45 AM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Wow what a car crash of a thread , just let it die the death it deserves

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4290759 - 08/26/16 01:17 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Snoopy_476th Offline
Snoopy_476th  Offline

Warner Robins Ga, USA
right That is all this thread has turned into.

I don't agree with you on Noodles post, I see him contributing his opinion on sims. Nothing more, nothing less. But I won't tell Anyone what they can and can't post, that is what moderators are for and I'm not one of them. People have a right to their opinion even if I or others don't agree with it.

Anyways, I'm back to just popcorn

Last edited by Snoopy_476th; 08/26/16 01:18 PM.
#4290763 - 08/26/16 01:25 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: Snoopy_476th]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
Originally Posted By: Snoopy_476th
right That is all this thread has turned into.

I don't agree with you on Noodles post, I see him contributing his opinion on sims. Nothing more, nothing less. But I won't tell Anyone what they can and can't post, that is what moderators are for and I'm not one of them. People have a right to their opinion even if I or others don't agree with it.

I will just let everyone make up there own mind here, instead of trying to change it for them.

Read back Ice's post for me can you....

Last edited by David_OC; 08/26/16 01:27 PM.
#4290766 - 08/26/16 01:44 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Snoopy_476th Offline
Snoopy_476th  Offline

Warner Robins Ga, USA
That's helpful and on topic. sigh

Last edited by Snoopy_476th; 08/26/16 01:44 PM.
#4290768 - 08/26/16 01:49 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
It's still funny tho.

Last edited by David_OC; 08/26/16 01:50 PM.
#4290811 - 08/26/16 04:33 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
David,

I'm not sure why you are resorting to personal attacks and you have been warned a few times before.

I think taking stepping back and taking a few days off will be a good time to think about how you interact with your fellow
members here.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4290877 - 08/26/16 08:17 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've posted at length on this subject several times now.

There are things that are important in a simulation, and things that just aren't. I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you have a super high fidelity simulation of a combat aircraft, but then the environment in which it flies is not modeled well, I just wonder if you've really invested your development time wisely.

Sometimes, good enough really is good enough for 90% of us. Maybe more.

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#4290893 - 08/26/16 10:07 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: David_OC
I'm not sure if you know what Yo-Yo Does exactly, so first I will add some documents below so you get the idea.

The issue here is not what Yo-Yo does or what he's achieved, but rather what he has chosen NOT to do, and how he has chosen to go about it. I don't see how this ties into the discussion here, but seeing as Noodle has opened you a new one again, I can only assume it is a weak attempt at providing counter discussion. May I suggest returning to my post aimed at you and start answering questions instead? That is if you have any. At this point, I doubt it though.

You didn't say anything about what I said about BMS.

I don't have to, because it has no bearing here anyway.

On why ED is not doing the F14. Well I think Leatherneck have proven themselves to be very professional and have the ability to tackle something so monumental. swept wing , AWG-9 radar system, AIM-54. 3rd parties are a smart move going forward. ED needs to concentrate more on refining the "World". ATC, AI, Tacan or Navigation systems in general and other things like the mission editor, perhaps even some sort of dynamic campaign if it can be done better? (More Realistic) Pretty sure ED has pulled apart the code for F4.

Sure ED will keep a team for building aircraft for extra monies too. Still a smart move subcontracting the aircraft out for quicker production and still make 30%? Apple?

EDIT: I'm glad ED screens the 3rd Parties. So we will not end up with some of the developers like the one's that develop for FSX.

Yeah, good job screening for the WWII bits, eh? Who's left holding the ball on that one?

Also, why not develop the F-14 in-house and get 100% profits? Because 30% sounds better? Really? I can do A10C with awesome detail and fidelity, but no, I'll let someone else do one of the most popular aircraft in recent history. Makes perfect sense, if you're ED.

You may be correct though. ED needs all it has to work on refining the "World," God knows ED might need even MORE help seeing how "capable" they've shown themselves to be. I LOL how "pretty sure" you are about ED pulling apart the code for F4. This is also how sure you were regarding your statements about Yo-Yo earlier, huh?

Noodle, I think this thread was a very good time to discuss all of this. How can I tell? look at the thread numbers already! The links are for all to see and learn from, not just fix it Yo-Yo, when most know nothing about the work involved (Time Involved..), but are perhaps a little interested? Maybe the next "Mechanical Engineer" is in the audience. Most just see why cant Yo-Yo just quickly change it so the gauge works correctly? Read back some of the things Troll has answered here tells me enough.

Like I said above I hope once this merge is out of the way ED will put more effort into ATC, AI, Tacan or Navigation systems in general and other things like weather.

And after this, we can start working on global warming and world peace! I like your optimism, astonishingly naive and misplaced it may be!

To be fair though, even the most hardcore critics of ED will say that they (ED) may get all of this done.... eventually. The next question was whether we'll still be around to enjoy it, or most likely just in time for our grandkids to enjoy it.

EDIT: Do you think someone got Ice to try and derail this thread?

Hahaha!! Says the guy who can't even reply to a post I made and instead posts pics of aircraft not even discussed in this thread!

I will +1 bkthunder and others and will restrain myself from attempting to continue a discussion here. The points were made very clearly and unfortunately, no worthwhile counters were made. It's been fun, truly! biggrin

I still look forward to the day that ED rises up from the ashes and makes me look like a complete idiot, but unfortunately "not today." Doesn't look like anytime soon either.

- Ice
#4290964 - 08/27/16 12:23 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: Sporg]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Sporg
Originally Posted By: bkthunder
Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: Noodle
Yo-Yo is an intelligent guy and a gifted programmer, no question. It's well within his ability to create levels of fidelity and realism that would qualify as "99%" accurate, if such a mythical grading system actually existed.

His weakness is that his knowledge of aircraft performance, systems, and operation seems to be entirely theoretical, with nothing experiential to back it up. His attitude toward the actual "feeling" of flight is that it should be discounted entirely. From a scientific point-of-view, that's understandable; the numbers are very important. But there's something to be said for the way it actually FEELS when you strap an airplane to your back and blast through the sky. But that's beside the point, because thus far, we've been talking about numbers, not feelings.

His other weakness is that he believes very strongly in the accuracy of his own mathematical models, to the exclusion of factual information which suggests the model might be in error. This is forgivable, because who DOESN'T have pride in their own work? But this does nothing to advance the realism and accuracy of the simulation that all of us clearly enjoy.

I'm bothered by the sentiment that it's out of line to point out a flaw where one exists. There's nothing wrong with direct communication, and I don't think any "young people" are in any danger by being exposed to a conversation where two parties disagree. They better learn to deal with it, because it's going to be a rude awakening for these unseen kiddos when they emerge into the real world.

I'm also bothered by the idea that we're all just too dumb to understand how complex a task it is to code a simulator, or how super-duper-smart the developers are. We understand and acknowledge those things, and some of us have done so for dozens of years. Not just as consumers of the genre, but as testers, contributors, and developers ourselves.

So it's mildly offensive to throw up link to a thesis as evidence for why we don't know what we're talking about, or otherwise are unreasonable people. Unless you are going to send Yo-Yo a PM to complain that his non-linear equations are too complex and unimportant, don't complain when someone looks at the equation output and points out that it deviates from known behavior.

This isn't about a layperson's opinion about what percentage accuracy is reasonable and necessary for a consumer flight simulation. Neither is this about elevating a small error into something larger than it is. This is about leveraging the existing fidelity built into DCS - by Yo-Yo himself - to achieve a result that doesn't cause gross deviation from the expected behavior of the aircraft.

No pilot expects to maintain pressure in a hydraulic system whose pump(s) are no longer operating. Failing an engine in the A-10 results in the loss of the one and only hydraulic pump. The flight manual confirms that usable pressure will not, under any circumstances, last longer 60 seconds. In most situations, it lasts significantly less. The flight manual specifically states that a failed right hydraulic system will result in uncommanded slat extension as the hydraulic pressure bleeds off. The flight manual specifically states that failure of the left system will result in an inability to raise the landing gear if the gear handle is not raised within 5 seconds of an engine failure.

After an engine failure during takeoff, the inability to raise the gear, or the uncommanded extension of the slats, can degrade aircraft performance such that a positive rate of climb is impossible to achieve. In other words, you're going for a ride in the bang seat. Personally, in my humble opinion, I think that this issue is one that seriously detracts from the realistic operation of the aircraft in a meaningful way.

We may dispute whether this is an "important" issue that only NASA physicists are capable accurately reproducing in a simulation - although I think that's a pretty lame argument to have - but what's not in dispute is that the DCS code is clearly capable of supporting such realistic behavior, and Yo-Yo is clearly capable of modeling such realistic behavior.

All we need to do is convince Yo-Yo that sometimes he makes incorrect assumptions about how things should work. Unfortunately, that doesn't usually doesn't work out well for the messenger. I'd rather have a rational conversation about it on the ED forums, but the moderation (and the project management) won't allow for that. So I'm here at SimHQ instead where, despite being in good company, it's still possible to get mired in useless back-and-forth threads like this one, trying to defend the act of providing constructive criticism.

I don't feel like I should have to do that. I also don't feel like I should have to give anyone a BJ before I'm allowed to provide feedback to the developer. I'm a customer, and a knowledgeable one at that. I've provided ED my services as a tester on multiple projects in the past, and I'm fully aware of what's reasonable and what isn't. You're free to disagree with me all you want; I respect that. But if all we're going to do is go round and round, then I will try my best not to participate in threads like this again.

We've achieved nothing here. The devs aren't looking at the issues anymore, and in fact, they're probably having a hearty chuckle at the way this whole thing has been derailed into a useless circle-jerk of a thread. And who can blame them. Well played. Give us enough rope, and we'll hang ourselves!

Truly excellent post. And I agree, this thread has achieved absolutely nothing (other than watching David going OT every second post :P ).
Before we all start to post scans of our own pilots licenses and university degrees, I'm gonna bail out from this thread and watch it flat spin into the sea of oblivion.

I'm looking forward to those numbers Snoopy is going to post on the hydraulic system thread, over at ED.
The pop-corn is ready, I haven't seen "Revenge of the Sith" in a while wink

+1 to all of it bkthunder.

Excellent post from you too. smile

+2 (or more)

#4290970 - 08/27/16 01:10 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
Let's just give ED credit: They have built a fine simulator that is very entertaining. It is not perfect, but the platforms we currently have were not available to simmers 10-15 years ago.

I remember being a teenager playing Jane's F15 and wishing for something more fidelity to come out. I found it partially in the Flanker simulator, which is now known as DCS.

DCS has come a LoooooooonG way from what it was in those days. Not everyone was around back then to appreciate how good Flanker (DCS) is now. There is nothing better on the market for military simulation.

Unfortunately, because ED needs to keep profitable and keep potential military customers happy, they need to focus on specific areas of the simulator first. Let them do what they need to do to stay profitable. If ED ever becomes unprofitable the simulator will be gone forever. This even happened to Microsoft and its Flight Simulator franchise which was 20+ years old.

Let DCS mature and always give constructive criticism rather than destructive whining. Problems, missing systems, etc, will be fixed eventually. Give it time and enjoy what we have so far - DCS certainly is not BAD. You can have a hell of a lot of fun with what we've got.

I'd suggest if you're not having fun with DCS right now, you need to change the way you're flying.

Did you know DCS has a realistic star & sky system? You can navigate by the stars to any point on the map. Very cool. The map is small but still big enough to get lost if you don't know how to navigate. Take up a T-51D or one of the ancient jets and try navigating with your compass out. People are focusing too much on systems simulation, can you even navigate your aircraft without all that crap?

#4290972 - 08/27/16 02:03 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Lets not blow smoke up their backside just because they don't have any modern competition.

DCS has massive amounts of potential, but it isn't being fully realised and this isn't down to the limits of technology or because ED are unable to get classified data.......its down to their strategy and processes with regards how they manage the development and integration.

If everyone were to only give ED a pat on the back and tell them how great they're doing (which is pretty much what youre insinuating here) and not ensuring they are aware that they can be, and need to be better then the potential will never ever be realised.

You're obviously content with unfinished modules, constant delays and ED taking money under the premise of 'early access' only to leave it unfinished and start another 'early access' project. I'm not.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4290979 - 08/27/16 02:37 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
I'm not content with unfinished modules, I just don't buy modules that are in too rough a state to be used effectively. No one forces you to buy early access stuff. Early access means just that - EARLY access. Wait until it's finished if you want a finished product.

Most of the modules I have are "finished" or nearly finished modules. They fly pretty well, as far as I can see from the specs published in unclassified spec documents and pilot accounts.

But besides that fact, I still believe that most people upset with DCS performance don't know how to operate their aircraft in the most basic of ways in the first place, and this is where DCS lacks the most IMO. Basic navigation skills, crosswind landings, tailwind landings, IFR skills etc. are not done as well as they could be in DCS. We need more stuff important to the core of aviation itself.

Yes, certain things like exact performance specs are important, but they'll come with time and as more classified documents are released.

But in the meantime, can you (not referring to anyone in particular) even fly an IFR approach to minimums in any DCS module? Do you know how to read charts? Are you familiar with aviation law in the US or in your own country, or in the areas DCS simulates?

If not you don't even have the right to complain at all IMO. Most people complaining can not even fly procedures required of low level private or commercial license pilots. I don't think I have ever seen someone fly a proper published IFR approach in DCS, and even VFR approaches are just flown without any communications in most servers. These things are more important than a difference of 2000lbs per hour of fuel burn or missing AB thrust or less than expected missile behavior. You can always bug out if your missiles don't hit, if you can't fly a proper approach to landing your value as a pilot is virtually 0.

#4290981 - 08/27/16 02:47 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
I'd strongly recommend to everyone to read some books about combat aviation or even just normal aviation.

There is so much to flying BESIDES the actual turn and burn, fire and forget kind of stuff that we usually do in DCS.

Refueling, radio procedures with the tanker, forming up with other groups, etc.. This stuff is important and takes a lot of practice, but in DCS it can all be done with a press of 2 or 3 keys.

Is your radio technique up to snuff? Can you hold altitude perfectly in turns? Can you make a standard rate turn? Do you know what the basic flight instruments are in your aircraft, and how they work? Are they vacuum, gyro, electric? Do they have a backup or redundant system?

IMO all this stuff is far more important than things like top speed, fuel burn, etc. If you really want to fly realistically you'll never fly alone, and the maps are too small for fuel burn or top speed to ever make a difference. You'll always have a wingman and if you're even somewhat decent at flying, two of you in MiG-21's will be able to utterly demolish an idiot flying in an F-15.

#4290989 - 08/27/16 03:43 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
Eddie Offline
Registered Lunatic
Eddie  Offline
Registered Lunatic

Originally Posted By: VF9_Longbow
I'd strongly recommend to everyone to read some books about combat aviation or even just normal aviation.

There is so much to flying BESIDES the actual turn and burn, fire and forget kind of stuff that we usually do in DCS.

Refueling, radio procedures with the tanker, forming up with other groups, etc.. This stuff is important and takes a lot of practice, but in DCS it can all be done with a press of 2 or 3 keys.

Is your radio technique up to snuff? Can you hold altitude perfectly in turns? Can you make a standard rate turn? Do you know what the basic flight instruments are in your aircraft, and how they work? Are they vacuum, gyro, electric? Do they have a backup or redundant system?

IMO all this stuff is far more important than things like top speed, fuel burn, etc. If you really want to fly realistically you'll never fly alone, and the maps are too small for fuel burn or top speed to ever make a difference. You'll always have a wingman and if you're even somewhat decent at flying, two of you in MiG-21's will be able to utterly demolish an idiot flying in an F-15.

Be careful not to make the mistake of assuming the public air quake server world is representative of the majority of DCS players. There are groups of people out there who do all of those things, and a lot more besides. Some are reasonably well known, such as the 476th, others are not and keep to themselves. There are also quite a few civil, and active/former military pilots playing DCS, almost all of them not making themselves publicly known.

I agree however that almost certainly the majority of DCS player do not know how to do the things you mention, and I personally believe that is down to the fact that DCS MP is inherently geared towards PvP air quake and quick win type offline gameplay with no emphasis given to the strategic or even the majority of tactical aspects of combat aviation. Not to mention the basic aviation concepts you mentioned.

If you only compare the DCS "manuals" to the manuals of sims of the past, you quickly notice that they only talk about how to turn on systems and use them in a purely functional way, there is no mention of why or when you would use them in a combat environment, or even a non combat aviation environment. Looking just at the original Falcon 4.0 manual, half of it was dedicated to discussing combat formations, BFM/ACM techniques and other such concepts. If you ignore the various guides and manuals produced by the multiplayer community there is simply nothing for the DCS player to learn these concepts from, and you can't really say that people can just find the information themselves, because without some basic cues from the sim when they first start they won't even know what to look for. One of the DCS community's biggest failings is that most people don't even realise how much they don't know, however I don't think it's the player's fault, I believe it's ED's as they choose not to explore these aspects of aviation.

People can't even learn by playing as the training missions focus on only switchology and basic operation of the aircraft, not the why or how the aircraft is employed as a weapon system in a tactical environment as an asset within the order of battle. The campaigns and single missions also further compound this by themselves being deeply flawed from a tactical and strategic standpoint, they simply don't reflect the reality of air combat, and people who don't already have the knowledge from other sims or real life will assume that DCS is realistic in these areas. Simple things such the AI not behaving in line with the basic aviation concepts you've mentioned, having no ability to deliver weapons in a realistic manner or employ an aircraft in a tactically sound manner furthers the issues as players will understandably follow the AI's cues in many areas.

The Nevada theatre is a good example of this in my eyes, it started off just being called the Nevada map, then more recently ED have referred to it as the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) map. The trouble with this is that the NTTR is not the focus of the map area, Las Vegas is. Much of the actual NTTR is low or, at best, medium detail and at the extreme edges of the modelled area. If you operate in the theatre in the way military aircraft do in reality you'll almost never see anything south of Vegas (or even fly over Vegas itself), you spend all your time in the northern half of the modelled terrain. Now there's nothing wrong with that necessarily, but if you're going to emphasise something (the NTTR) then you should understand it enough such that the product you make actually represents it faithfully, or if you want to do something more general you market it as something more general. And again ED hasn't provided any documentation or other information to teach people what the NTTR is and why it's so significant for military aviation, the provided campaigns are very limited in this regard despite it being their supposed focus and have many small errors and omissions , which again to me say that those involved in making them had limited knowledge of the subject matter. While several members of the community have done great work to fill the gaps in this regard (Bunyap's video tour being one such example), but I believe this detail should be provided as part of the product in a true simulator, and not left to the players alone to produce themselves.

All this, and more things which I won't go in to, lead me to believe that significant elements within ED are also at best unaware of, or at worst uninterested in these things. Which is why no notable work has gone in to addressing their absence. It's simply a case of them not understanding how important many of these things are in a combat simulation, it's not that they activity decide not to do some things, but that they just don't appreciate why they may be important. DCS is a great aircraft simulator, but at best an "ok" air combat/aviation simulator.

Eddie

#4290994 - 08/27/16 04:16 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Paul Rix Offline
Paul Rix  Offline

NW of Austin, Tx
Although not directly related to this topic, there is a very good article in Flying magazine this month titled "When TLAR beats perfection". TLAR being "That Looks About Right". The basic summary of the article is that striving for absolute perfection can sometimes be detrimental to the overall outcome.

Regarding the ITT, the easy solution (assuming the only problem is the gauge reads incorrectly or the calculated ITT for a given power setting is off) would be to work out a power setting that works with the climb profile in every other way and then take note of the indicated ITT. That will be your new reference ITT going forward. This goes back to Troll's comment "You play the hand you are dealt" . I'd be interested to know, as a percentage of DCS A10C players, just how many this really affects, and does it really ruin the whole experience knowing that the ITT doesn't get up to 800ºC ?

VF9-Longbow, you hit the nail on the head IMHO. BTW, I did fly a NDB approach in the MiG 15 the other day. One of the Museum Relic campaign missions ends with a hydraulic failure situation where the field is in IMC. It's been a long time since I had to fly a raw data NDB approach wink . I made it in though.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
#4291087 - 08/27/16 10:43 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: VF9_Longbow
Let's just give ED credit: They have built a fine simulator that is very entertaining. It is not perfect, but the platforms we currently have were not available to simmers 10-15 years ago.

I remember being a teenager playing Jane's F15 and wishing for something more fidelity to come out. I found it partially in the Flanker simulator, which is now known as DCS.

Curious, I feel exactly the opposite as you. After playing combat flight sims since the 1980's (started in a ZX Spectrum) until today and having owned almost every sim in the market I currently wish for something with the "fidelity" (actually immersion) of Jane's F-15 over DCS any day.
If someone released a "Jane's F-15" or something similar (such as Jane's F/A-18, etc...) with modern graphics/engine, I wouldn't look back at DCS even for a second.

And before stating that I don't know how operate realistic systems in flight simulation, let me tell that I just finished an IFR flight with the Majestic Q400 (from Halifax to Toronto City Center) in P3D.

Finally about the "There is nothing better (than DCS) on the market for military simulation.", well there is:
- It's called Falcon BMS (it beats any DCS module even in realism).

#4291098 - 08/27/16 11:25 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: ricnunes]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Finally about the "There is nothing better (than DCS) on the market for military simulation.", well there is:

Oh wow! I thought I was the only fanboi biggrin And from a Real Pilot (TM) as well! woot

- Ice
#4291172 - 08/28/16 09:32 AM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
Paul Rix Offline
Paul Rix  Offline

NW of Austin, Tx
Awesome post Troll hahaha . I'll join you for one of those DCS beers you have in your fridge. beercheers

Last edited by Paul Rix; 08/28/16 09:34 AM.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
#4291190 - 08/28/16 12:42 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: David_OC]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
@Troll,

About your "beer analogy":

1- The BMS beer is still in the fridge and quite cold and tasty (at least it's on "my fridge" and on the "market's" fridge)

2- What I don't like about the "DCS beer" isn't the "bottle" but the "content" itself (and the lack of it).

Now that we're into "beer analogy" here, here's mine:

(Me) - I want a beer, please.

- Sure, we have this tasty DCS beer which comes in a nice looking 33cl bottle.

(Me) - Sure, I want one afterall I enjoy beer very much and I don't care much about the brand as long as it's good.

The beer comes to my table and after opening I found out that:

(Me) - Hey, the bottle of this DCS beer only comes half full and I paid for a full 33cl bottle of beer!!

- Just because the beer is served in a 33cl bottle it doesn't mean that the bottle must come full. And by the way, next year or so we hope to release a new version of this beer coming in a full 33cl bottle.

10 years later the same DCS beer still comes served in half full bottles!

#4291192 - 08/28/16 12:48 PM Re: How accurate is accurate enough outside of a NASA simulation [Re: - Ice]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Originally Posted By: ricnunes

Oh wow! I thought I was the only fanboi biggrin And from a Real Pilot (TM) as well! woot

Oh no, I believe we're very far from being "alone" wink

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.