Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
#4289064 - 08/21/16 03:10 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
AKA 'further delay'

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4289083 - 08/21/16 05:46 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
AKA 'further delay'

You're kidding, right?

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289086 - 08/21/16 07:00 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Cobra847]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
Originally Posted By: Cobra847
AKA 'further delay'

You're kidding, right?

I don't think he is. After all... is just about the missile and no words on Viggen, Corsair, Maps, Carrier in months and months.

Anyway... time changes everything...

Any news on finalizing Mig21? Like, little bugs that remained sorted and the pilot inside the cockpit?

#4289088 - 08/21/16 07:13 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Cobra847]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
AKA 'further delay'

You're kidding, right?

It's always so hard to tell around here.

No sense of humor here, such a happy bunch.

Paradaz did have a joke in a thread I started so it might just be a joke?

Thanks for all the hard work going into this Cobra and all the team, looking good thanks for the update.

Last edited by David_Pytha; 08/21/16 07:32 AM.
#4289090 - 08/21/16 07:42 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: zaelu]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: zaelu
AKA 'further delay'

You're kidding, right?

I don't think he is. After all... is just about the missile and no words on Viggen, Corsair, Maps, Carrier in months and months.

Wrong.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163752

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165928

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171014

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166168

Quote:
Any news on finalizing Mig21? Like, little bugs that remained sorted and the pilot inside the cockpit?

I'm sure it's fun being snarky, asking questions like that when you very well know the answer.

For anyone else: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=2229

Last edited by Cobra847; 08/21/16 07:46 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289091 - 08/21/16 07:45 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: David_OC]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: David_Pytha
AKA 'further delay'

You're kidding, right?

It's always so hard to tell around here.

No sense of humor here, such a happy bunch.

Paradaz did have a joke in a thread I started so it might just be a joke?

Thanks for all the hard work going into this Cobra and all the team, looking good thanks for the update.

Thanks to you too!

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289110 - 08/21/16 09:18 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Cobra847]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)

It's a matter of perspective Cobra. You don't have to be upset if I or someone else see things a bit different after all we occupy different seats. I read diagonally a lot... I see animation with a skeleton doing dances on a ship deck... I jump 7 paragraphs. I see fill up stories... I hit next. Sorry... my time is limited too. You made declarations we will be bombarded with infos... you changed the plan, You started numbering updates and braking them in parts... they never followed because probably you changed the plans again. I'm sorry, from my point of view which I can admit can be dead wrong, is very hard to follow you.

I'm sure it's fun being snarky, asking questions like that when you very well know the answer.

For anyone else: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=2229

I don't know anything or my memory fails me badly. I must include my self in anyone else category but I must point to you that the above link doesn't show anything... is broken or something.

#4289115 - 08/21/16 10:43 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: zaelu]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
Originally Posted By: zaelu
I don't know anything or my memory fails me badly. I must include my self in anyone else category but I must point to you that the above link doesn't show anything... is broken or something.

If it's not to hard to just say thanks and be done with it, if you cannot understand what goes into the FM for the missiles or aircraft. I.E A lot of hard work that I do not totally understand and I'm getting a headache just looking at it.

Last edited by David_Pytha; 08/21/16 11:15 AM.
#4289164 - 08/21/16 03:37 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Maico Offline
Maico  Offline

Qatar
The critics kill me. Such a hilarious bunch. Cobra, thank you for this juiciest of updates. Our mouths water at the details that are going into this. I hope we get this soon. Hope it works out ok.
I like to think this aircraft will require long nights of reading and trying to comprehend its systems. Bring it on!

Maico
i7 5930 @4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX1080 8GB Hybrid
DDR4 3000 x 32Gig
Fatal1ty x99x Mother
LG 34"UC97 Curved
Ultra Wide 3440x1440
TiR5, Thrustmaster Warthog,
Slaw Device Bf-109 Pedals
#4289222 - 08/21/16 09:31 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: heat2151]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: heat2151
For the F-14 project, we realized that we'll need to spend considerable time and effort with the development and research for the AIM-54 Phoenix missile.

See, it's statements like this that bothers me. "We realized".... does that mean they didn't realize THAT at the start of the project? They just came across the AIM-54 now, then realized how much work is needed for it?

On the other hand, one of Cobra's links shows the F-14's flaps going up/down and showed the inner actuations of the flaps. Very cool, but that's something that a simmer will only watch a few times before going back to the main point of this game --- to fire missiles at other aircraft. In other words, they've spent time on something that isn't really that important to simmers.... it'll be cool for those wanting to take screenshots, but IMHO if you just want to take screenshots, then there are other avenues to do it. If you want to go up and fly and do combat, this **should** be the place to do it. Now maybe they (Leatherneck) has an abundance of modelers that can devote time to this, then fine...... but then again, if they have too many modelers and now they realize they have a lot of work to do with missiles and other systems (code), then maybe they should downsize the modelers and hire a few more coders. But that's just my 2 cents.

Anyway, don't put too much mind in my ramblings.... I wish this project the best and can't wait!!

- Ice
#4289224 - 08/21/16 09:40 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: - Ice]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: - Ice
For the F-14 project, we realized that we'll need to spend considerable time and effort with the development and research for the AIM-54 Phoenix missile.

See, it's statements like this that bothers me. "We realized".... does that mean they didn't realize THAT at the start of the project?

How do you know they didn't? That statement doesn't preclude that it wasn't a consideration from the beginning.

Nate

#4289233 - 08/21/16 10:38 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Nate

How do you know they didn't? That statement doesn't preclude that it wasn't a consideration from the beginning.

Nate

I have exactly the same concerns as Ice, and although there is no date regarding how old or recent this information is, this is some sort of 'update' that hasn't been aired before.

The text is written as if the data mining and metrics are still in progress and it also alludes to the code which hasn't been started yet and 'Future Development' which highlights creation of the missile and further research with a lot of work still to go.

One of Cobra's links suggests the F14 will be released in 2016. Given the relevance and importance of this missile with what appears to be the sudden realisation of how much work there is to do and how it will affect the balancing of the entire game is this still the intended target? This article alone suggests there is a lot to do in a relatively short time frame. For a 2016 release the content shouldn't be too far from completion given the amount of time required for integration, testing, quality assurance and preparation for the release itself.

As you can tell from my posts....I have little confidence in ED and 3rd parties and they only have themselves to blame. Lost trust, lost confidence and lost belief......can Leatherneck reinstate this?..........I am however looking forward to the F14, and am looking forward to the module, training missions and new theatre mentioned on their website. One question......which 'release' will the theatre come with?...pre-alpha, beta, final?

#4289235 - 08/21/16 10:48 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Nate]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK

See, it's statements like this that bothers me. "We realized".... does that mean they didn't realize THAT at the start of the project?

Nate

Hahaha!! Nice try, Nate. If they took that into consideration at the beginning of the project, then their sentence was a bad one to write. Considering the "context" in which this statement is made, they really should be careful of their words. So how do **YOU** know when exactly they came to this realization?

I'll just +1 to Daz's post above and add that this smells like laying the groundwork for delaying the release of this module. Not that I'm in a rush or even if I noted if they mentioned a release date at all. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

- Ice
#4289241 - 08/21/16 11:16 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: - Ice]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Nate

Hahaha!! Nice try, Nate. If they took that into consideration at the beginning of the project, then their sentence was a bad one to write. Considering the "context" in which this statement is made, they really should be careful of their words. So how do **YOU** know when exactly they came to this realization?

I'll just +1 to Daz's post above and add that this smells like laying the groundwork for delaying the release of this module. Not that I'm in a rush or even if I noted if they mentioned a release date at all. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Come on. 5 Minutes of checking older updates would have made you aware of when we "realized" this. This is a cherry picked argument.

Elaborated, the sentence in its' entirety would be
Quote:
At project start, we realized that...

It's redundant, because it should be obvious. See below.

F-14 announcement from March 2015 - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140017
Quote:
AIM-54 Phoenix Simulation with a CFD based AFM

Here's an excerpt from our F-14 page FAQ, written over a year ago:

Quote:
Integral to the Avionics and Weaponry simulation of the F-14; great care and attention is being put into ensuring that both the AIM-54 Phoenix missile and AWG-9/TID Radar System is recreated accurately. CFD Simulation will be utilized to enhance, confirm and expand existing AIM-54 Performance data, in order to ensure accurate flight performance of this much-feared missile. All AWG-9 modes will be recreated to their fullest extent possible.

If you're still not convinced, you can dig through my post on the forum where I explain in detail. The posts are old.
Some are in the russian section (missile thread)

Last edited by Cobra847; 08/21/16 11:23 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289244 - 08/21/16 11:25 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
So this update has only just been posted........yet it also says 'as it stands of writing' that no code has yet been started for the missile!

Can you confirm that 2016 is still the intended release? (It was previously end of 2015)......and at what stage of platform release does the theatre get included?

#4289245 - 08/21/16 11:25 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Nate

One of Cobra's links suggests the F14 will be released in 2016.

No. We have not given any release dates for the F-14.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289246 - 08/21/16 11:26 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

So this update has only just been posted........yet it also says 'as it stands of writing' that no code has yet been started for the missile!

Can you confirm that 2016 is still the intended release?......and at what stage of platform release does the theatre get included?

What exactly are you saying?
Yes- this update was just written. Yes, CFD simulations are ongoing and the missile is pending full sim integration.

I won't confirm a release date that I have not announced.

Last edited by Cobra847; 08/21/16 11:27 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289251 - 08/21/16 11:49 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
The F14 announcement you linked for 'Ice' above says development to be completed and beta testing starting by end of 2015.

The F14 section on the website says internal beta by mid-2016.

Your update on 24th July, 2016 stated that CFD experiments on the AIM-54 had just started. Given that the Viggen comes before the F14 (which according to the updates also has a lot of work left) and I'm not sure where the Pacific Theatre and the Corsair fall into place as an August 2016 date is mentioned on the ED boards, it would appear that the F14 is still far away.

Any updates greatly appreciated as the website doesn't seem to have been updated recently.

Originally Posted By: "Cobra" - as part of the Q1 Dev update (Jan 2016)

We've just come off the first hard and fast development sprint and crunch on this project-- which are (unfortunately for our sanity and health) to become more frequent as we move towards the end of the year and the (drum roll) inevitable release.

#4289267 - 08/22/16 01:29 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Paradaz]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

The F14 announcement you linked for 'Ice' above says development to be completed and beta testing starting by end of 2015.

The F14 section on the website says internal beta by mid-2016.

No, it does not. It says, important parts bolded:

Quote:
Currently we hope to complete development and enter BETA testing on the first version of the F-14 by the end of 2015. Subject to significant change.

The F-14 section says the following:

Quote:
We are working hard on developing the F-14 project and we currently expect to reach an initial internal BETA stage during the first half of 2016. The complexity of the project at hand cannot be understated, however. Both the F-14 itself and all auxiliary components (Theatre, JESTER AI) are incredibly complex tasks, thus we must approach any estimates with great caution. Expect this estimate to change drastically, as we keep you better informed towards the tail-end of 2015.

We are very clear as to how unknown F-14 completion timeframe is. I'm not sure why you're trying to insinuate otherwise, or even connect the AIM-54 to this. I've even been very clear that work has not begun on the radar and weapons of the F-14.

Last edited by Cobra847; 08/22/16 01:30 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4289292 - 08/22/16 03:56 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Good luck! I'm looking forward to learning about the F-14.

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.