Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4287632 - 08/15/16 03:39 PM I was wondering how long it would take.  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
"We know what we are going to do next and the next after that assuming we get the commitment for the budget. Can't say anything until that process is completed. No eta but within the next couple weeks probably, maybe sooner.

I can't wait till announce all our plans. But we can't do it all unless everyone, and I mean everyone gets behind us and buys everything we offer. It's going to be gut check time for everyone in this community and genre.

I head home in a few hours. Been a long week here in Moscow. The team has been great as always they are as committed as ever to Sturmovik and combat simming in general."

Good times ahead.

Jason"

Seems like they managed to make the WWII community just as small as the WWI community since they said the exact same thing about RoF a few years back.

Sry if it has already been posted

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 08/15/16 03:48 PM.
#4287650 - 08/15/16 04:38 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

They did not make this genre small, I think they are one of the few reasons there still is a genre to talk about, they are not the evil enemy, like many here like to talk about. They simply offer a product you may or may not purchase.

That said, their customer communication skills has never been good, and I cannot see any attempt to improve either

#4287697 - 08/15/16 06:26 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
When the communication consists of "this is what we are doing, we won't change it all, because we know what you want more than you do", does it really matter how good it is?

What's the number one thing PC flight simmers want?

CHOICE.

Take it away, no one gives a damn what else you do.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4287904 - 08/16/16 02:32 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

I certainly will not get behind them and spend another dime on it after what happened with BOS, until they do change direction more to what I would like to see SP become.

I just won't drop any more bills on a hope. Having too much fun with other combat flight sims more in line with what I, as a SP guy, want.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4287913 - 08/16/16 02:51 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I still haven't written them off. I'm still waiting to see what they do. I have no trouble with declaring "NOW they're where I want them to be" if they do so, I'm not going to hold a stupid grudge like I've seen some people do and refuse to ever try it again.
I have BoS and both the premium planes for it, but not BoM or its extra planes.

I still need to try Pat's CG for it.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4287930 - 08/16/16 03:42 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: LuseKofte]  
WileECoyote Offline
WileECoyote  Offline

Argentina
Originally Posted By: LuseKofte
They did not make this genre small, I think they are one of the few reasons there still is a genre to talk about, they are not the evil enemy, like many here like to talk about. They simply offer a product you may or may not purchase.

That said, their customer communication skills has never been good, and I cannot see any attempt to improve either

Yep, when they say stuff like

Quote:
But we can't do it all unless everyone, and I mean everyone gets behind us and buys everything we offer.

I's just throwing more fuel into the fire. I'll post the opinion that no, I don't buy stuff to "support", I only if I like what they're selling, and someone with the opposite opinion will come after me saying I'm wrong in my ways and it all starts all over again.

I'm not going to start buying because somebody else tells me to, and that somebody won't stop buying because I tell it so... The end result: a divided community with the same amount of sales.

When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".
#4287964 - 08/16/16 06:14 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
If they had listened to more of the community from the start they wouldn't have to use phrases like:

"But we can't do it all unless everyone, and I mean everyone gets behind us and buys everything we offer."

They did it with RoF, but that was. at least, because the WWI community is much smaller than WWII. Now it seems this community is much smaller than it used to be, and a lot of the blame is firmly at their end.

#4288066 - 08/17/16 08:49 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

I find this game too good to miss out on, and it is getting better. Sure it got its fault. But being a developer you need to have thick skin because you are dealing with the most ungrateful, demanding, nitpicking, easily offended drama queens there ever was.
So if people like WW2 era , I can only recommend it, because there are no real choice, we are so few around still into this, we have to migrate between cod and BOS to be able to fill servers.

And do not bring DCS into this, I am 50 years old , I be dead before we got a complete WW 2 game. I own all the modules in DCS so if we going to talk about investment I think BOS/ BOM are cheap too.

I hope we get to keep the choices we have, the fact is , that it is not quite sure we will. If BOS succumb, there are no reason to believe the number of players will migrate anywhere else. Many are like me, fed up with COD and would not touch WT with a grip. Personally I flied COD for the first time in over a year this weekend. I hope to do so more often btw

#4288106 - 08/17/16 01:11 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
"But we can't do it all unless everyone, and I mean everyone gets behind us and buys everything we offer."

That sounds a bit like desperation.

LuseKofte, you forgot IL2 1946 which, even unmodded, is holding its own, and modded offers more options than any of the others.

The main difference is ground visuals, IL2 1946 is based on a 2001 release and the ground graphics are a bit wanting by today's standards.

If 1c had released a revamped 1946, they would now be on top of the heap instead of selling pencils on a street corner.

#4288110 - 08/17/16 01:20 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
*insert lengthy programmer BS dissertation here about why you can't just port gameplay with updated graphics, physics, modeling, and AI here*

The Jedi Master

#4288143 - 08/17/16 02:51 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
To be honest, if they could put todays graphics into IL2 1946 I'd never be off the thing...

#4288227 - 08/17/16 09:51 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Uriah Offline
Uriah  Offline

Kansas City, Missouri - USA
I would like to see a link to that quote from Jason. I did a search and this is the only place it came up.

Race you to the Mucky Duck!
#4288237 - 08/17/16 10:40 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Uriah]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Uriah
I would like to see a link to that quote from Jason. I did a search and this is the only place it came up.

That's because they wipe stuff over there like it's HRC's email.... and no, I don't mean "like what? with a cloth?"

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4288238 - 08/17/16 10:44 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Sunchaser]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sunchaser

That sounds a bit like desperation....

It is desperation, but I'm pretty sure there are a few folk who will buy everything they offer now.
The funny thing is there would be no need to plead with the player base if they had released a strong single player element, dynamic campaign etc, etc. There was a haemorrhage of players once the game was released with the unlocks and pretty much nothing else. Now they are struggling to get the players to return. I hope the next announcement is something special because I'm starting to enjoy flying BoS with the VIVE. I'm one of the lucky ones that have got it working. I hope they get the players back.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4288241 - 08/17/16 10:59 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Uriah]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24333-future-additions-il2/page-2
Post #68

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4288242 - 08/17/16 11:00 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Trooper117]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
To be honest, if they could put todays graphics into IL2 1946 I'd never be off the thing...

Yep.

But that would take an open mind and like how I tell my coaching buddies a guy is what the back of his baseball card says he is, well, these guys are what their record says they are...

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4288249 - 08/17/16 11:58 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Jason has posted some stuff today that is even giving me a glimmer of hope. We will see, still not ready to buy any more into the sim but if some things start to come to fruition I may give a second look.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4288316 - 08/18/16 07:10 AM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Trooper117]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

Originally Posted By: Trooper117

I do not fly old IL 2 anymore, mainly because it do not take more than 3 HOTAS usb controllers. Bos got the best flight simulation there is, I fly mostly DCS , but the simulation of flight itself I feel BOS is best. I struggle with the way air war is played out in some servers, but find others to be very good.
Your statement above is what we all want, but it origin from a time where most people did not have internet connection, offline options had to be good. This is something we will never see again.

As I said earlier, BOS is just a too good WW2 sim to miss out on, I play it seldom, but when I do I have fun, and with mates in a online war it is just fantastic

Last edited by LuseKofte; 08/18/16 07:14 AM.
#4288348 - 08/18/16 12:52 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: LuseKofte]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: LuseKofte

Your statement above is what we all want, but it origin from a time where most people did not have internet connection, offline options had to be good. This is something we will never see again.

As I said earlier, BOS is just a too good WW2 sim to miss out on, I play it seldom, but when I do I have fun, and with mates in a online war it is just fantastic

If the very concept of "flying online against other humans" never existed, I'd be ecstatic. Because developers would stop wasting time on a game type I have zero interest in playing and concentrate on the aspects that got me into simming in the first place.

I NEVER wanted to fight against other people and I never will. I don't play FPS games like that, I don't play RTS games like that, I don't play racing sims like that, I just don't do it. The only MP I care about is coop, several friends working together to beat the AI, which I've been doing since Falcon 3 and 1942 PAW.

I've played many of the Total War games coop MP only.
Multiple FPS games I only play coop MP, if it's SP only that's fine, but if it's MP only I don't even bother getting them.
RTS like Sins of a Solar Empire, Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander, etc...coop MP only.
Racing sims like F1 201x or Project Cars...coop MP only.

I don't care if these games have that option that lets people do it if they want to. Live and let live. I DO care when they give the shaft to SP/coop because they say they "need" to focus all their efforts on the H2H MP. There are many people out there with crappy/unreliable/slow internet connections that can get the games but can't practically play it online, ever. Satellite, old DSL, whatever.

I find ZERO enjoyment from playing games against other people. I get little satisfaction from beating them and I get infinite frustration when I get beaten. It's not fun.

The Jedi Master

#4288491 - 08/18/16 08:57 PM Re: I was wondering how long it would take. [Re: Uriah]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA

I just spent a few minutes looking for the topic. It does appear to have been removed. Too many were expressing opposition to the claim of all of us buying add-ons and planes etc. Yeah, Jason did make the comment.

From Jason... (I copied this from a post by Trooper117. Not sure I want to go all over looking for comments from Jason. I don't spend enogh time over at that forum to be familiar with everything that goes on but I did find this interesting.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24570-these-latest-comments-jason/

''You want DX11 we are working on it.
You want VR in the plan.
You want new planes and new maps, in the plan.
You want new features and tweaking old ones, in the plan.
You want a more hardcore direction, in the plan.
You want more community input into the product like mods and other content, in the plan.

Just wait to see overall plan and details and you'll understand that we are trying extremely hard to make players happy, but I can only do so much with so little. That means we need time and time is money. The team is willing, as they always have to go the extra mile. They need your support.''

''Our hard work plus your support is the only way we can keep going to cover all of WWII.''

The more I read the more I wonder about Loft's departure. I know Jason has made comments in the distant past regarding his understanding that Combat Flight Sim pilots want things different than are provided by 1C-777 at that time. But things were out of his hands. Maybe (and I'm only speculating and hoping) we'll see features CFS pilots want and have been asking for since the release.

EDIT: I see Red found the link. I thought Jason opened the topic with his statement. Told you I don't go over there enough. wink

Last edited by knightgames; 08/18/16 09:04 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.