Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4286430 - 08/10/16 09:32 PM Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good...  
kail Offline
kail  Offline

I've done business with this company for years and never had any problem. Everything has been great at the egg store

Bought some memory on-line a while back and discovered I had a bad stick. While looking for the RMA information, I notice the website had a chat feature..wth. Worked great, got things sorted and RMA issued, quick and easy.

Recieved a UPS today. Sitting on my doorstep in the retail box...beat to hell..

It was missing all assessories, cd, manual and half the inner foam packing material.

Submitted a RMA replacement...hmmm chat work before... (got an email with a pre-paid shipping labal while I waited)

(edited for length and irritation)

them > ready and happy to help

me> submitted a rma, I did recived the shipping label while waiting, do you want it return in a proper shipping box instead of the retail box that came missing half it's stuff. It weigh 20 lbs btw

them > let me check

me> sure

them > little more time..

me. ok....It was missing half the inner packing foam btw

them > let me look... I see a shipping label was sent to you actually

me> .......Yep, my question was about shipping it back. The box was damaged and missing stuff...how about in a good box instead of the crap box.

them> you need to return the crap box, properly packed. If it is damaged, we wont replace it.

me> 1. shipped in a crap box 2. missing half the stuff 3. you WILL get the crap box back 4.You're saying you want it back in the crap box (that didn't the trip in first place), not a good box....

them> when we get the box it will take 2-5 day until we get to it and then someone will get around to shipped it back...(No doubt in the crap box)

me>............
me> ok
them> anything else?
me> nope, thanks
them> your welcome

I'm sending it back in a good box...... banghead

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4286434 - 08/10/16 09:42 PM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: kail]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
It's really hit and miss.

A while back I had set up my cable company's DVR to record a series, and later decided I wanted to cancel that scheduled recording, but couldn't figure out how after an OS upgrade to the box. I went online to their chat support, and they couldn't figure it out, and then told me I would have to format the hard drive, and other destructive things. I asked, "just to stop the recording, I have to format the hard drive and lose all my other recordings?" "Yes," they said.

I told them I was pretty sure that wasn't required to cancel a scheduled recording, and I called in on the phone. The person told me in about 20 seconds what menus to navigate to cancel the recording. No reformat required.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4286435 - 08/10/16 09:42 PM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: kail]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Did you give them pics of the crap box?

- Ice
#4286444 - 08/10/16 10:08 PM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: - Ice]  
kail Offline
kail  Offline

No pics, I had just gotten the package, checked the contents, looked up on line what was supposed to be in the box and searched for the proper RMA

The chat was an after thought mainly make sure I wasn't stuck for shipping the thing back. I figured that stating it was shipped in a retail box didn't ring any bells. They shouldn't have shipped it like that in the first place. The retail box is just thin cardboard and it weigh 20 lbs. I've recieved computer cases shipped double boxed to keep them undamaged.

I figured someone picked it up and the contents dropped to the floor then they taped back up minus everything except the UPS. I do wonder how they figured on getting away with only half the foam packing...

I will be including a note and a photo of the box and contents when I ship it back.

#4286460 - 08/10/16 11:16 PM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: kail]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

First thing I always do is inspect the box and take pics. Luckily, never had to use any of these as "evidence" as some boxes have come with dented corners or something like poked holes but the contents were always well padded and undamaged. One time I ordered a box of card protectors (Dragon Shield brand, like those used to sleeve Pokemon or Magic The Gathering cards) and it came in an "envelope" packaging. The box was as expected -- squished and dented. I took lots of pics, but luckily, all the sleeves were in good shape.

Have you given the company a second call or chat? Sometimes, as Arthonon pointed out, it's all dependent on who answers the phone (or chat). You may have better luck on the next try.

Anyway, good luck with your RMA.

- Ice
#4286479 - 08/11/16 01:52 AM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: - Ice]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Originally Posted By: - Ice
First thing I always do is inspect the box and take pics. Luckily, never had to use any of these as "evidence"

Also sounds like (for the right merchandise) a decent reason for making an unboxing video - and even posting it to Youtube if there's an issue.

#4286522 - 08/11/16 10:51 AM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: kail]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I don't have enough hands to open the box and hold the camera at the same time biggrin biggrin biggrin

- Ice
#4286575 - 08/11/16 02:19 PM Re: Sometimes chat is good sometimes not so good... [Re: kail]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
You just adapt one of those hands-free harmonica holders for your phone. Tap with chin to start and stop recording.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.