Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33
#4131671 - 06/10/15 03:47 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Online content
Raine  Online Content

New Brunswick, Canada
Here's a personal favourite. I particularly like the line about "galloping bollockitis."

#4131758 - 06/10/15 11:34 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Raine;

funny you should post the Rambling Rover". I just heard that for the first time a couple of weeks ago while in Dublin. Deja Vu!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4139026 - 06/24/15 07:42 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I was checking out the clouds today while driving. These were sweet looking low cumulus, black edged or mostly black against a sky blue with high white toppers. Almost as good as WOFF. Might have been as sweet to look at if my pickup could fly.

Was exploring a backway i hadn't been on since many years past. Flood waters from a beaver damm break washed it out years ago. It was abandoned, but recently reopened. Knew it snaked some along the tributary and felt like i was headed in the wrong direction....

Looked for a compass in my cockpit!
My old Ford Ranger has no compass.... screwy

Last edited by MudWasp; 06/24/15 07:49 PM. Reason: grammar and forgot words..slow fingers
#4277853 - 07/10/16 11:19 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greeting All,

What with the pending arrival of our spiffing new club pins I though it a good idea to bump this thread for those of you who are not yet members of the Barmy OFFers Club and are thinking to yourselves, "Hmmmmm, I wonder what I must do to become part of such a questionable lot of lunatics?" For those who are having such a lapse of sound judgement you need only go to the first post in this thread and read through our club charter and submit your qualifications for consideration. And if you would like a deeper history of the BOC, take the following link back to the days of yore:

The Barmy OFFers Club, CA

We look forward to your applications, acceptance, and open bar tabs.

Contact (tink ... tink ... tink) Clear!

Lou

Oh, and if you haven't yet heard about the aforementioned spiffing new club pins, visit this link:

Barmy OFFers Club pins

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4277961 - 07/10/16 10:24 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
SteveW Offline
SteveW  Offline

Albuquerque, NM USA
To the President or whoever the heck is in charge of this BOC, I've got somethin' to settle with somebody! So you're telling me, here I've been freezin' my you know what off, flappin' around over enemy lines for over an hour, Archie aimed directly at me, I'm sure, dodging flocks of Albitrii, I get back to base and my head mechanic counted 35 holes in my kite, that's way too many and one came in way too close to what I was sitting on. So you're telling me that some desk jockey, up the chain of command who's never even heard an explosion, has lost my BOC application! Where is that no-good lout? So to heck with that, drinks are on me, I'm going to make up a batch of what I think I'll call Rattlesnake-sting, since I'm the only Yank in this here squadron, and being from New Mexico USA, I've done some serious and absolutely outside international law border crossings to be able to acquire a much needed addition to Rattlesnake-sting, loading this batch up with tequila, what we call water down here, we'll see how you fellas' like it! Drinks on me, and when I catch up to that lazy-assed desk jockey I'll give him an Out-west howdy he won't likely forget! Not too much on your lingo over here, but can you be barmier than barmy? There was this time. . . . Oh well, drinks on me and send me two pins and I'll probably send a check via usmail. Steve

#4277965 - 07/10/16 10:50 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Lou, I say Steve is Barmy enough, besides, he has drinks and we are getting a little low! What say ye!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4277970 - 07/10/16 11:10 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Are you such an individual? Do you lack the grip on reality it takes to become one of the BOC? If you think you qualify then we encourage you to apply for membership in this less than illustrious yet somehow elite group of halfwits. Read through our charter and post your qualifications below. Prove to us just how round-the-bend you are for OFF and you too can have your name added to our 'Roll Call Of The Barmy'. Dues will be collected in the club bar on the first Saturday of each month, (and if you believe for even a moment that there actually is a club bar you are closer to qualifying for membership in the BOC than you might realize).

Errr, it's high time that I too make a request to humbly join your ranks... seeing as this sim now totally dominates my spare time!

I would be honoured!

Harry H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4277980 - 07/11/16 12:23 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

HarryH, we'd be glad to have you, and while I've no doubt you are barmy enough when it comes to WOFF could you provide us with a few examples of your particular barmyness?

SteveW, you are barmy, and in particular when it comes to someone supposedly losing your BOC application. I have checked our records carefully and there is no such application on file anywhere, and as I am the President of the BOC I take umbrage, UMBRAGE I SAY, at your erroneous accusations! However, as I am a forgive and forget sort, I say "AYE!" to you becoming a member of our royal disorder. And I will be happy to give the Rattlesnake-sting a shot, or two or three. And be assured that all neophyte BOC members are beaten equally with the cricket bat and without malice, and any previously mentioned accusations you may have cast at certain club officers will not be remembered during the initiation ceremonies. No really, trust me.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4278000 - 07/11/16 01:52 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
SteveW Offline
SteveW  Offline

Albuquerque, NM USA
Accepted. Now when I say 'Thank you sir, may I have another', I won't be talking about that overgrown flyswatter you call a cricket bat, I'll be calling out for another snork of Rattlesnake-sting. Those 35 holes in my kite got me to thinking, , ,Forget it. 'Thank you sir, may I have another'. Now look, fellas, I know we can polish this whole tub of sting off, and that little topping I added, I don't remember what else I put in there, is the real deal, none of this Jose Cuervo stuff, I wrangled Hornitos and it packs a wallop. 'What, I'm on 6:00am patrol?'. 'Thank you sir, may I have another?' 'Who's going to eat the worm?' Lou, I've pulled your wing position tomorrow, look for me at your 4, I'll keep an eye on your backside. And Lou I didn't say you lost my application, positive it was some useless administrative type up the chain of command. But maybe you just 'misplaced' it, perhaps that day you were (stealing directly from Derek Robinson, the barmiest of all) shooting rats under the office floor. No? Oh well. I think I'll just roll my way to my bunk, it's close to six already. Steve

#4278023 - 07/11/16 04:07 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

HarryH, we'd be glad to have you, and while I've no doubt you are barmy enough when it comes to WOFF could you provide us with a few examples of your particular barmyness?

SteveW, you are barmy, and in particular when it comes to someone supposedly losing your BOC application. I have checked our records carefully and there is no such application on file anywhere, and as I am the President of the BOC I take umbrage, UMBRAGE I SAY, at your erroneous accusations! However, as I am a forgive and forget sort, I say "AYE!" to you becoming a member of our royal disorder. And I will be happy to give the Rattlesnake-sting a shot, or two or three. And be assured that all neophyte BOC members are beaten equally with the cricket bat and without malice, and any previously mentioned accusations you may have cast at certain club officers will not be remembered during the initiation ceremonies. No really, trust me.

[quote=RAF_Louvert].

Yes indeed! I will be back with a comprehensive set of examples in due course.

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4278046 - 07/11/16 07:48 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Beanie Offline
Beanie  Offline

Canterbury, Kent
More join the ranks - welcome.

My bar flying time has been little of late - make my drink a large one!!!

'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
#4279644 - 07/17/16 12:21 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
May I join? I 'do' the scraps of paper bit to keep track of claims and the PC shares space with many books of WWI aircraft. I keep my 'Legends of the Ring' book handy, too! When I fly lots of Wagner's music goes though my head. I love it when the 'Fat Lady' sings!

#4279648 - 07/17/16 01:32 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

I discussed this with my wife and she heartily agreed that I was indeed "Barmy". She reminded me of the following points;

I can’t venture outdoors unless I’m wearing my Track-IR-enabled baseball cap. Without it I lose all peripheral vision and my neck seems strangely locked in place. My wife says that the silver reflectors look silly. So be it.

I own a Fokker DR1, bright red, 5.6 litre Mercedes engine license plate "RDBNZ". My wife says it’s a red benz sports car but little does she know that this is a cunning disguise for the “Red Baron’s”! I don’t want to spoil her fantasy.

I spend more time tweaking the settings of my graphics card and PC in order to wring out the last drop of visual glory from WOFF than I do sleeping. My wife says I even snore when I'm doing it, too.

My co-workers keep asking what that classical music piece is that I’m constantly humming. I say it's a symphony of the heavens and they are none the wiser.

When a new patch for WOFF is announced I have anxiety symptoms until I can get back to my machine and update it.

I keep looking down and expect to see treetops. Weird when there’s only pavement. Then I look for Lou’s map to confirm where in F!@#$s I must be!

...and I'm ready to stand a round at the bar!!!!

H

#4279653 - 07/17/16 02:23 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HarryH]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: HarryH
[quote=RAF_Louvert]...and I'm ready to stand a round at the bar!!!!

Sign this lad up! Right smart.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4279695 - 07/17/16 11:11 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

ARUP, anyone who enjoys flying WOFF whilest listening to classical music is a barmy man after my own heart, (as several of my videos I have on YouTube can attest to).

HarryH, an impressively barmy list. The DR1 red Mercedes with the vanity plate is the topper though. Well done!

So gentlemen of the BOC, (and as always the term 'gentlemen' is said with tongue planted firmly in cheek), we have two more candidates to vote in. "Aye!" says I to both hapless victims.

"And where is Maeran with his list?" I wonders to me self.

[Linked Image]

#4279697 - 07/17/16 11:24 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

(The Barmy Baron from Berlin, who had missed 24 pages of barmification whilst sleeping it off,
comes crawling out from under the table...)
"Vott? New membersz? Tell zem dat zey muszt buy all der roundsz tonite - and zen let zem join der Club...!
Ein Prosit! Ein Prosit!! Ein Prooo - ooosit der Gemütlichkeit...!"
(Falls back under the table).

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4279709 - 07/17/16 01:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Aye! Aye! says I, Let them fly!
Over to the Bar where they can buy!
A round or two for you and I!
because at the moment I am feeling quite dry!
and on that note I will decry,
the cricket bat needs some polish so I must fly!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 07/17/16 01:01 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4279712 - 07/17/16 01:34 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Robert_Wiggins for stating what needed to be said. I am particularly glad that these newer members are here today to hear that prose. Not only was it authentic WOFF barmyness, it expressed a lunacy little seen in this day and age. BWOC BWOC BWOC!

(a free drink at the bar for the first who can tell me from where I lifted and paraphrased the above) biggrin

[Linked Image]

#4279715 - 07/17/16 01:56 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
I, m in! "Blazing Saddles"

(System_Specs)

#4279716 - 07/17/16 02:06 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

And what single malt scotch goodness will you be ordering Robert?
cheers

[Linked Image]

Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse