Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47
#4270408 - 06/15/16 07:11 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Wow, your wife owns and wears a SimHQ t-shirt?? She truly IS a keeper.

As long as she never sees *some* of the stuff I've posted here. wink

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4270419 - 06/15/16 07:40 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Great going Chucky! Can't be that hard to find something stylish for you. Dressing well and looking good in the stuff is such a benefit of working out.

#4270448 - 06/15/16 08:40 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Absolutely! Even at the weight I'm at now I am happy in a t-shirt out walking.I know I still look over-weight but compared to what I was I couldn't be happier.

The problem is I spent my working life in mechanic's overalls.I didn't own a proper suit until the late 90's.I've always dressed casual,or comfortable as I like to put it.

Luckily my sister-in-law is a great clothes shopper and I'm house-sitting for them at the end of the month.When they return from holiday I will ask her to take me shopping.She doesn't know I've lost weight,that will surprise her I think.

Last edited by Chucky; 06/15/16 08:41 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4270482 - 06/15/16 09:49 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Why do some white people wear a light blue shirt and khakis on occasion?

==========
Race aside, people (often business people) who wear blue shirts and khakis generally don't have much taste and aren't interested in dressing stylishly and/or adopting a personal style. So in other words:

Fashion is simply not important to them.

They have no confidence or capability in judging what looks good.
==========

LOL. <Raises hand> Guilty!

To summarize that link, the average white dude simply has no sense of style. smile

Making matters worse, I noticed on my most recent pic (where I'm standing behind my wife) that my pants are way too long and bunched up at my feet. Man, my boring clothes don't even fit right.

Good luck, Chucky. Sister-in-law, eh? I might recruit my older sister to help me/wife out (seven years older but stays in shape and dresses fashionably).

Last edited by MarkG; 06/15/16 10:00 PM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4270486 - 06/15/16 09:59 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
She has to cope with my brother who has equal fashion sense as me.She nicknamed us the 'beige brothers' because that was what we would buy if we went shopping on our own.That or grey.

She introduced us to something called 'colour'.

#4270502 - 06/15/16 10:46 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
That's a good idea Chucky, get someone in your family to help you.

Fashion is hard for me to describe, but I'll be out shopping or whatever and I know it when I see it. "Four o'clock!" (sometimes I have to remind her that means to look discreetly to the right and slightly behind). The top, jeans, boots, now that right there is what I'm talking about! yep

Same with men, I can tell when some straight dude (assuming) just knows how to dress well. Which reminds me, I keep putting this off but I need to go back to the cologne thread and take note again of the recommendations.

I was pushing hard on the fashion and makeup/eye stuff and was told to back off, that it'll all be squared away by 50. Ok then.

What I'm not so sure of is where do men normally shop for clothes? I wonder, once you acquire a sense of style (with help from a sister/sister-in-law), can you find a decent look at Goodwills and thrift stores (usually used clothing)? Or do you wait for a sale at Macy's/Richie's, stick to Sears/JC Penney, hit an outlet shopping center, Walmart? Where to go?

#4270510 - 06/15/16 10:56 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I have absolutely no idea.I hate going in to town,I hate clothes shopping even more.I do know that Marks and Spencers is expensive.Do you have them over there?

Help,I just want to go back to a pair of overalls. *cowers in the corner sucking thumb*

Last edited by Chucky; 06/15/16 10:56 PM.

#4270578 - 06/16/16 03:52 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

Zutphen, NL / ShangHai, China
Originally Posted By: MarkG
[...]

Eh, just...no. All of her yoga/workout clothes have that little horseshoe symbol (I can't find a brand name) and I figure it's all expensive. And that's fine, I want her to spend money on herself, but I don't need this.

Ok, the one shirt I can live with (and I do appreciate the thought). Also, I promised to buy a tux when I get there, I might even buy some new Levi's. She still shops the thrift stores with me so it's cool.

Try Omega shirts wink

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
#4270593 - 06/16/16 05:43 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Legend]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: Legend
[...]

Eh, just...no. All of her yoga/workout clothes have that little horseshoe symbol (I can't find a brand name) and I figure it's all expensive. And that's fine, I want her to spend money on herself, but I don't need this.

Ok, the one shirt I can live with (and I do appreciate the thought). Also, I promised to buy a tux when I get there, I might even buy some new Levi's. She still shops the thrift stores with me so it's cool.

Try Omega shirts wink

I asked. It's called Lululemon...
http://shop.lululemon.com/

Symbol looks similar to Omega though.

The sun is in the east
#4270594 - 06/16/16 05:50 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

Zutphen, NL / ShangHai, China

I asked. It's called Lululemon...
http://shop.lululemon.com/

Symbol looks similar to Omega though.

Ah... the logo is based on Diana Rigg's 'Avengers' hair...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
#4270595 - 06/16/16 06:08 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Chucky]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: Chucky
I have absolutely no idea.I hate going in to town,I hate clothes shopping even more.I do know that Marks and Spencers is expensive.Do you have them over there?

Help,I just want to go back to a pair of overalls. *cowers in the corner sucking thumb*

No Marks and Spencers around here that I know of, I've never heard of them.

What I do know is I could take the $65.00 (I was off by 5 bucks) she spent on that shirt and buy workout clothes for every day of the week at my favorite thrift store (a big one in Baton Rouge, LA)!

Hey, don't forget the Calvin Klein underwear! biggrin

#4270637 - 06/16/16 11:05 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I believe Marks and Spencers is a UK-only department store.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4270689 - 06/16/16 02:20 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I did some research this morning (while the coffee dripped) on men's fashion. I'm convinced that men aren't really suppose to have fashion.

Here's all you need for nights out on the town...

+ A couple pair or so of new dark Levi's (they still make 501s?)
+ A couple pair or so of light Levi's (or Wrangler, I guess) to wear with your black concert T's (contrast).
+ A couple or so new dark patterned (not solid colored) dress shirts.
+ A leather belt and plain white socks (ones that you don't mow grass with).
+ A pair of Hushpuppies or Penny Loafers (they still make these?) and a pair of white tennis shoes.

+ At least one nice tailor fitted suit and a couple of silk ties, along with a pair of classic wingtips.

Pecks, biceps and a slim waistline are your fashion, all that other crap just allows you to depart your home with a little style and without getting arrested. biggrin

Also, you don't need Calvin Klein drawers, just buy a pack of gray or black Hanes (like it matters). My comfortable faded white partly detached waistband "Homer Simpson drawers" have mysteriously disappeared one-by-one so I conceded this one "fashion statement".

My new wardrobe is mostly coming out of a very long retirement (apparently there was a time when I did give a damn how I dressed), short sleeve 2-3 button collard shirts with little alligators and tigers sewn in the front. smile

Or you could get a little creative (first pic).

For women, geez...I'm so still stuck in the 80's (second pic).

Attached Files mens-fashion-show.jpgil_570xN_440821699_3btg.jpg
Last edited by MarkG; 03/03/17 05:10 AM.
#4270690 - 06/16/16 02:25 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I've always wondered about those odd "high brow" fashion shows and the clothes they show.

Who the hell actually dresses like that in real life?

Cute Asian girl by the way in that other link. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/16/16 02:26 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4270694 - 06/16/16 02:36 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

Dart does. Helps him generate lift when flying his home-built plane. biggrin biggrin

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4270701 - 06/16/16 02:54 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Jayhawk]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk

Dart does. Helps him generate lift when flying his home-built plane. biggrin biggrin

That guy looks like a failed cosplay attempt at Samurai Jack.

#4270703 - 06/16/16 02:59 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Cute Asian girl by the way in that other link. smile

One more, for the love of the 80's (not Asian though, and there's a similar one with a lace-trimmed top, darker jeans and higher boots. I've looked but have never found it.

Attached Files heather_locklear_1980s_photoshoot_t5.jpg
Last edited by MarkG; 03/03/17 05:09 AM.

The sun is in the east
#4271978 - 06/21/16 09:02 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Things seem to have slowed down a bit and this is what I feared.I'm still going for it,especially riding/walking but I stopped counting calories.That and a couple of birthday parties and buffet food didn't help.

Back to the calorie counting this week then!

Still a loss though...now 98kg (15st 6lbs).By my reckoning that will be 22kg (3.5st) lost.

Last edited by Chucky; 06/21/16 09:04 AM.

#4272108 - 06/21/16 06:55 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
For US, you weigh 216 lbs. and have lost 46 lbs. That's really good, Chucky. thumbsup

I could never do calorie counting or anything other than just trying to eat better and exercise more. I know that apps and PX90 and all that stuff actually work, I just don't have it in me to follow a formal plan so my fitness/weight loss probably isn't as efficient.

I never worry about falling off the wagon anymore, I can have a +3 lbs. splurge day and I get over it by the next morning (every morning is a new start).

Sometimes I look back at my old weight chart from 2008/09 (see pic below, weighed in every Sunday morning) to remind myself that sometimes I gain even as I'm trying to lose.

Or I'll hit a serious plateau...

==========
01/04/09 216 lbs.
--
--
--
03/22/09 216 lbs.
==========

It happens. I don't let it bother me because I know I'm doing the right thing and eventually I'll get there. I just can't seem to get out of the 190s right now (wife is now well below the chart) but it is harder at 48 than it was at 41 (I started recording on my 41st BD after we both had lost a good bit of weight [from 265+ lbs. / 143 lbs.]).

I'm posting this chart again to show that you really can't pay TOO much attention to the scale on a regular basis, just too much fluctuation.

Attached Files old_weights.png
#4272167 - 06/21/16 10:22 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Tomorrow I start knocking out workouts again. Been so crazy busy, worked the last 2 weekends in a row and still no comp days. I did get a coin today at work, so that is a plus.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.