Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4513832 - 04/01/20 01:44 AM Re: Advanced Question: system(spawn) and running external scripts [Re: HomeFries]  
dmonds Offline
dmonds  Offline

Auckland, New Zealand
@Drakoz,

Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this.
I have read through this twice and now understand "most" of it.

I can see how I might be able to use this in my scripts...which are very simple in comparison to the btnidx example you've used.

As I grow and learn I find where I've done things either more complex than needed or just plain wrong.
This allows me to simplify and consolidate my scripts...but...also allows me to realise ideas I have but previously discarded as "too hard", or "impossible" (to me).

Again, thanks

dmonds

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4513853 - 04/01/20 08:41 AM Re: Advanced Question: system(spawn) and running external scripts [Re: HomeFries]  
Drakoz Offline
Drakoz  Offline

My great evil plan is I wrote all of that about Map() and Dim() hoping that you or others will play with it and come back with further details for the rest of us. scuseme But no obligation. The best way to learn is to teach, and most of what I've learned about TARGET is figuring out the answers to questions for other people. Stuff I wouldn't have done just for my own needs.

Also, if you actually want to understand the btnidx, devdata, devicedata[], axdata, the joy1, joy2, joy3 etc. stuff... Basically how all the data structures work in TARGET (the magic behind all this), I have spent a lot of time understanding all these details. I mean it is all there, you just have to go through target.tmh and document the contents of the data structures by following how they are used and the mud starts to become clear. Now that I have done that, I am starting to write my own functions to do some of the more advanced stuff. Stuff equivalently complicated as the LIST() or AXMAP1/2 functions, or new versions of MayKey() for example. A lot of this is driven by what I did with my Train Sim World script.

But I would suggest any further discussion on these topics be placed in a new thread as we are kind of going off topic for this thread.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.