Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4259389 - 05/12/16 05:28 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted By: Polovski
OK but there are no lights at take off anyway, landing there should be.

Thanks Pol..the picture above was taken at landing..the QC mission was perfect i had street lights and drums but the campaign mission i get none of them..its a strange one for sure.
Il keep testing,thanks for your time Pol much appreciated

Edit: just a quick thought Pol..Could it be possible that because there not there on takeoff..that the campaign manager isnt "loading" the lights in and thats why i see none at landing in campaign mode? not sure Pal

Edit no 2: No sorry Pol i see no lights so far in campaign but i will check further,Thank you once again.

What im going to do in a minute is lead a flight with the Gotha at night..il take off and find a different airfield close by and check if there are any lights showing,il get back as soon as i check cheers

Last edited by Adger; 05/12/16 06:07 PM.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4259403 - 05/12/16 06:26 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Hi Adger,

I took this screen shot in a WOFF 3 campaign. Its up in Gotha territory, so might have a look at it on your end. I didn't fly out of Jabbeke, but rather it was just to the northeast of my airfield and I took this screen shot on climb out. So I don't know if I triggered the lights or if there were other incoming planes that triggered the lights.

Jabbeke airfield at night...

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4259421 - 05/12/16 07:09 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks Bucksnort for your feedback pal, il show everybody what ive found so far..

Took off from Thielt on my campaign and as Pol has pointed out there,es no lights on take off.

flew to a nearby field Wynghene no airfield lights at all .

Then flew to Erkegem-Ooskamp and lights were on.

Flew back from there back over to Wynghene..again no lights

Finally back to land at Thielt..no lights

Thing is i had labels on to show aswell and you can clearly see that at Erkegem-Wynghene they clearly show that burning drums show up as "ground units" and streetlamps as "streetlamp"

But..on the other pictures that show no lights at the other 2 airfields i get no labels showing "ground unit" or streetlamp

It has me baffled..anyway a few shots showing what i mean

We will remember them.
#4259432 - 05/12/16 07:42 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

And it gets stranger...

Earlier campaign take off time 20.00 hrs..

Went to 3 different close by airfields this time..all lights on

went back to land at Thielt again no lights to help landing..

Thanks to all who are looking into this it,s got me scratching my head dizzy

We will remember them.
#4259454 - 05/12/16 08:31 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

OK Adger looking into it seems there's a problem with the home airfield lights not coming on, on return, in campaign at least. Currently looking into it.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4259464 - 05/12/16 08:52 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

OK Adger looking into it seems there's a problem with the home airfield lights not coming on, on return, in campaign at least. Currently looking into it.

Massive thanks Pol,yep ive been testing all night just did a Gotha short bombing run (42) mile rd trip.

Like you said mate no airfield lights at take-off,the few airfields close by had there lights on.

Airfields a little bit furthur i saw no lights (i was at higher altitude though)

Come back to land at home field and no lights ..all in Campaign

Thank you once again mate for taking your valuable time to look into this much appreciated cheers

We will remember them.
#4259513 - 05/12/16 11:24 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Thanks Pol, I'm in the same boat as Adger.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4263812 - 05/25/16 04:30 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

A little bump for Polovski and/or the other wizards of OBD.

With the 3.5 patch, were you guys able to sort out the Gotha home airfield night-time lighting? I didn't see a mention of them in the latest change log.

Thanks again for all you do!

#4263816 - 05/25/16 04:39 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Derp... Sorry... sorry, Mr. Polovski. I just saw the conversation on the 3.5 patch thread.

No only as per the release notes.

The lights issue is related to the game engine so needs new code.

The only part of that I don't understand is whether or not you guys would be adding new code, or if you mean that fixing the lighting isn't possible.

However it may shake out, thanks so much. thumbsup

#4264452 - 05/27/16 09:15 AM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

NumbeHopefully OBD will be able to root out the code needed J5_Lehmann,and that'd make this sim even more immersive.

Ive just done a dusk patrol in my DH4 campaign,the cockpit lighting went on about 10 mins into my flight.
Searchlights were up over blighty looking for Jerry,the mist was falling it was brilliant we patrolled over a nearby airfield the drums were burning it gradually got darker and darker,finished our patrol went into land at home and...I had to use autopilot because i couldn't,t see the field..gutted flew all the patrol manually and then had to use autopilot.ARGGHHHH

But i still love this sim to bits its breathtaking at times and the AI astounds me im just gonna keep my Gotha night campaign on hold and fly early morn/ afternoon patrols in the DH4 mate,and keep my fingers crossed that the boys at OBD can eventually sort the issue out.

Cheers guys

Edit:Just a quick one Pol if its ok,as a temporary measure if i landed at a base close to my home field (a lit one) would it hinder my mission success at all? Thats if im assuming my DH4,s will be able to land at any allied airfield.(im based at Dover)

Also the same with my Gotha campaign i understand this could be more tricky has the size of the Gotha probably needs the larger airfields to land on. (im based at Thielt).

Thank you in advance for any reply to my query
Best Regards
Adger
thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4264462 - 05/27/16 09:56 AM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes you could land at a nearby base OK.

Gothas do need large fields, so yes trickier.

We have no ETA on "a fix" as actually it will need a new feature in effect as the sim engine doesn't do it.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4264469 - 05/27/16 10:25 AM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks once again for your feedback POL. Very much appreciated

Like I've said on numerous occasions it's a fantastic sim, arguably the best around I've had more flight hrs in OFF P3 and WOFF 1 ,2 and now 3 than in any other sim (I've been simming since the C64 days).
It really is a fantastic achievement,the AI and immersion I feel is worth the price alone.

I'm looking forward to what you guys have planned for the future whether it's more WOFF goodness or your upcoming non WW1 project.
Just one more quick one, on your WOFF 3 features it mentions the night time airfields can be lit when you arrive home.
Do you reckon this needs changing at least for the time being to mention that it doesn't work currently in campaign?
Only maybe to cover your asses so to speak,there's always going to be somebody that'll mention in the future that they only bought this sim because of this feature hahaha

Anyway thanks once again your support is second to none,I'm off to hunt some more Jerry

Cheers POL cheers

We will remember them.
#4264482 - 05/27/16 11:29 AM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks Adger for the those comments. True - I'll change that bit for the moment.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4264509 - 05/27/16 12:50 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Your most welcome.
Thanks Pol thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4274459 - 06/29/16 01:01 PM Re: Do all airfields have night lighting? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi Pol , just a quick question as to if you've made any progression with this "fix". (Feature)
Sorry to ask about it ,I'm just wondering as to wether to delete my Gotha night campaign pilot.
Do you think this feature will/can be implemented, (I totally understand if its not worth the time,cost etc) Pol,and thanks to all the team for your continued hard work on this remarkable sim.
Best regards Adger
cheers

We will remember them.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.