Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4262087 - 05/20/16 03:36 PM Homefront: The Revolution  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Ahem!...No thread about that game?....hum interesting!

I am playing it and I discovered an great game, without major bugs. For example to exit out of a trash container where one is hiding (the word on the screen is "Hit enter",) hit the key for jumping and one will get out. Real minor bug.

The game might become boring after 24 hours of game play, but 24 hours of SP is a good average for that type of game especially for sessions of 12 hours of game play at the time.

Those who love tactical co-op will enjoy the game on-line, some missions are attractive.

Is it realistic?...yes it could be if you do not use the aiming assistance option and set a high degree of difficulty.

Overall, the story, in a way, projects some dimensions that could be compared to "Stalker" and "the Division". John Milius (the director of Conan the Barbarian, Red Dawn released in 1984) was a consultant for the story of the game.

It is a revival of the American spirit directly borrowed from Red Dawn released in 1984.

The graphics are great, the physics are realistic and you can kill or get killed with a bullet in the melon!...Very unusual for those day and age!

PS: if you purchased the game, a word of advice, get four resistance members to cover your back and keep moving, fire and movement! There is no time to admire the scenery, even if some times you wish you'd be a tourist, otherwise, you will end up taking a dirt nap!!!...just saying!...lol!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4262109 - 05/20/16 04:33 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy
Refreshing to read this since it was half-trashed by the reviewers. I surely hope you're right, since I found all pre-release videos rather appealing.

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4262162 - 05/20/16 07:21 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
I have no ideas why it was trashed by the pseudo-journalists!...It might be competing against some other games!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4262647 - 05/22/16 05:25 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

The game was started by Crytek( Their UK studios) so it can't be a bad shooter. In you overlook the ridiculous premise of a country of 21 million half of them starving) people still using oxen & donkeys to pull carts occupying the still most powerful country in the world then you have a decent open-world shooter. I have seen trailer and vids and frankly it doe snot look bad at all. It's using the cry engine so the graphic are probably fairly compelling. Honestly having a guy like John Milius who produced trash like Conan and Red Dawn is not a major selling point for me but...

#4262651 - 05/22/16 05:52 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: frinik22]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy
Originally Posted By: frinik22
If you overlook the ridiculous premise of a country of 21 million half of them starving) people still using oxen & donkeys to pull carts occupying the still most powerful country in the world

As I understand, it is an alternative reality where the two Koreas are one, and leading the technological r/evolution of this century: there are a couple of videos detailing the situation and I was referring to these too in my earlier message. They make the premise very plausible indeed.

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4262810 - 05/22/16 06:06 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Well I've been playing... and agree with the mainstream on this one... terrible game as is, buggy, ugly... and little to know tactical play. jmo

#4263038 - 05/23/16 02:01 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I played it a bit and got a refund. Very Buggy, and atrocious AI that got in the way more than anything else or just ran against walls until shot. Then the missions weren't very fun at all. Just a corridor shooter basically disguised as an open world game. I was very disappointed. I had hoped it would at least be a fun coop game but nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Do not recommend.

#4263058 - 05/23/16 02:47 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
With the reviews I've been watching, plus the comments from you guys, I'm steering well clear on this one... Now, just have to wait for a decent sale on Fallout 4!

#4263073 - 05/23/16 03:37 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes

Arizona, USA
I bought it and played for a short while then got a refund. It's the same tired FPS concept. Not worth the AAA game price IMO.

#4263091 - 05/23/16 04:16 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
Thanks, guys. Not into wasting money.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#4263111 - 05/23/16 05:03 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably pick it up in the Steam winter sale, once it's cheap and patched.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4263224 - 05/23/16 10:06 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Interesting how all the remarks don't mention the MP.

Can you just buy the game in SP?

lol!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4263226 - 05/23/16 10:14 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

It doesnt have MP. It only has 4 person coop and that doesnt change the fact that everything else in the game was horrible. (the guns were cool but way too overpowered.)

Its just a bad game IMO. If you like it more power to you I guess.

#4263238 - 05/23/16 10:42 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Ya, I played the 4 player co-op, it's ridiculous... run fast here, shoot some bad guys, run fast here, defend, run here then escape... all so fast, no time for actual teamwork or tactics.

plus ugly, laggy, and just a bad game... like I said, IMO, but it seems like it's the majority.

#4263373 - 05/24/16 11:35 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Magnum]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Magnum
run fast here, shoot some bad guys, run fast here, defend, run here then escape... all so fast, no time for actual teamwork or tactics.

What a chaotic experience this must have been!....Just like combat!...Things happen in a flash!...Training is paramount!

I enjoy the experience of chaos in that game, so realistic, the player must adapt to survive. Then the co-op is awesome with efficient communication and realistic coordination...Tactical Fire and Movement prevails!

Such a great game for me!

For those who like footage of raw game play instead of words, 33 minutes of tactical challenge. The fps fluctuates between 40 to 60 during the footage. Then the AI is at the most difficult level:

https://youtu.be/GJ5OxEDIM9Y

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4263376 - 05/24/16 11:39 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Only you Gunny, would start a thread wondering why no ones talking about it... then when people do, pointing out they don't like it, you get all defensive. lol

oh well, glad you like this total POS, I hate it. imo IMO IMO

#4263379 - 05/24/16 11:45 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Magnum]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Magnum
Only you Gunny, would start a thread wondering why no ones talking about it... then when people do, pointing out they don't like it, you get all defensive. lol

oh well, glad you like this total POS, I hate it. imo IMO IMO

ha ! ha! ha!...This is an offensive post!...Are you making it a personal thing?...Do you feel offended because I like that game?...lol!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4263421 - 05/24/16 02:15 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Grunt0331 Offline
Grunt0331  Offline

I think you guys are being a little too hard on Gunny. Clearly a lot of people are not liking Homefront, but there are positive reviews out there. Heck, even RPS said it had the potential to be great, although it is flawed.

Give it some time, it could turn out to be a half-way decent game.

Besides, Magnum, don't tell me you have never enjoyed a real stinker of a game that the majority of the game playing public despised? Didn't you even enjoy Battlefront Hardline? neaner

Gunny is just being defensive since all of your comments are making him think twice about whether he wasted his money, or not. lol.

de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.
#4263429 - 05/24/16 02:31 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
C'mon guys, it's ok to have different opinions, after all we are all different smile

I still don't like what I've seen, I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it regardless behindcouch

#4263479 - 05/24/16 04:33 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
I like you Grunt0331, heck you can meet my sister! smile

I give you what is in the back of my mind since you seem to have a charming personality:

Here is another video of Homefront2 game play. As you will see I did not experience any delays, lags, technical glitches, etc… or other corridor effect, overpowered firearms, etc…. The game AI is at the most difficult setting and most of the time the game runs at 60 fps.

The game company controls the creation and design of their products. However, the gamer also has some control. It is the responsibility of the gamer to play a game on an appropriate gaming machine with updated drivers. It is also the responsibility of the gamer to recognize its own tactical limits. Blaming game company for playing on a machine below specs with old drivers and graphic settings unrealistically high moreover, with a rigid tactical approach, is all too common and sad. Yet, it is the gamer's mindset that controls the frustration level, not the game.

Finally the promise of outstanding game play on future competitive products should not take away from the objective perception of what is already finished and ready for consumption.
Once that is understood, the game can be a blameless agreeable experience.

https://youtu.be/_YdREGul0Ik

enjoy!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.