Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
#4227166 - 02/09/16 06:40 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
Just finished the Project R Pearl Mining event with a bang. My best round ever in the Minekaze, and we still couldn't eke out a win:

Ah well, it's how the cards fall. Great fun!

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4227170 - 02/09/16 06:48 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
What was this pearl mining event? I had a look on the WG web-site but couldn't work out what I had to do?

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4227213 - 02/09/16 08:03 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
All you had to do was go to the "Project R" site and sign up.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/project_r

Basically, complete x missions to earn x number of pearls, and if the total number of pearls earned hits 6 million, everybody who hits the magic number of 260 pearls collected gets a free Kamikaze- class Tier V DD.

The contest is due to end this week based on the pacing, but you might be able to get some of the perks if you sign up between now and say, Thursday.

Last edited by NavyNuke99; 02/09/16 08:11 PM.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

CM Storm Series Trooper
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
#4227220 - 02/09/16 08:17 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Oh yeah,I remember now.I went to sign up but for some reason it kept saying my password was wrong so I gave up.It's great getting old isn't it?

#4242588 - 03/23/16 02:21 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
It's gone a bit quiet in here lately,here's something to make you smile...

#4248185 - 04/08/16 11:44 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Anyone know the status of the Saipan release? I have never really dwelled into the CV line but may use a premium to play with a bit in CO-OP, rather than PVE to learn the ropes a bit better.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4248277 - 04/09/16 09:51 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I saw iChase play it yesterday but he said he couldn't discuss it.I tried CV's but it's just not my thing.If I could play them as well as iChase that would be a different story of course.Observe...

#4261400 - 05/18/16 01:21 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
New ranked battle coming soon, tiers 5/6/7..but not sure how it is going to pan out. The new anti DD radar has made life harder lately and i'm not buying a Prem ship just to be competitive ..maybe, the Molotov is only 25 nicka wink After 3k battles i will finally have my first tier ten on friday, the Gearing DD. If i wasn't grinding 8 or 9 different lines at a time i probably could have had her sooner..man...the grinds dizzy Then the ARP challenges, two lots of 3k fires on the fourth challenges really drained me, still enjoying the game though, tier 8/9 isn't as weak as i thought it would be, plenty of action.

As Chucky said..avert your eyes..

Not a bad little free fleet-Albany and Emden were giveaways, Kamikaze R was the pearl comp and the ARPS were all challenges. Had to go back and rebuy the Hatsuharu so i can grind the Fubuki. Rebrought the Colorado, she is nasty, take her over the Nagato or Amagi any day, also rebrought the Wyoming..the thing is a beast at it's tier once you have some BB experience.

Missed out on one of the ARP Myoko's, a ship i don't really like anyway, i prefer my Pensecola even though she gets spotted so easily and citadels like a rowboat. The guns are lovely though and i'm holding off buying the New Orleans until i grind the second hulls worth of free xp.

Fletcher, Benson, Kamikaze and Hats all have 15 point Captains and are my go to boats at the moment, really didn't think i would like the game so much..thanks Chuck!

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4261426 - 05/18/16 02:31 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Ajay! I thought I was the only one still playing WoWs!

I did buy the T8 Mikhail Kutuzov after watching a Jingles video on it.She has great AAA,good main gun range (over 19k) and 10k torpedoes.Plus with smoke you can slow down,pop smoke and stealth fire.But of course like all cruisers she can't take a beating.

I have hardly advanced up the tiers really as I enjoy playing the ships I have,the Atlanta especially (nearly 400 games).I have probably 70 million credits,all earned,I don't buy credits unless it's part of a ship deal and a reasonable amount of experience (I play a lot of prem ships) that needs real cash to convert to free exp.

I have the Baltimore in my sights next.I really didn't like the Pensacola or the New Orleans that much.Next BB will be the North Carolina.As for DD's,I have the Hatsu but don't play it that much.I still like the Isokaze and Minekaze the most.

As for Carriers.Tried it don't like it at all.

There is one aspect of the game I can't get to grips with and that is captains. When I see people play it on YT they always have ships that have no captain available.I never swap mine.Should I?

*edit* May as well post up my ships.

Last edited by Chucky; 05/18/16 02:42 PM.

#4261623 - 05/19/16 03:45 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
70 Mill..holy #%&*$# dude biggrin Whenever i get around 10-15 i get itchy feet and end up buying a ship or some modules, then have to grind again. The only reason my Mogami doesn't have a Captain is because i did a bit of rearranging, Mog went to Kami and Kami to Hats. I used to move my Captains up from ship to ship but then realised i would miss out on that free three point starter option..which is why my Amagi still only has a 14 point captain and is aaaaaages away from the next point, whilst my Benson, Iso, kami and Hats all have 15 point Caps. Not so bad in the BB's as at 14 points you have the HP option, not so good with DD's as it takes forever to get the extra 10% Stealth option which needs 15 points.

Swapping captains into and out of Prem ships costs nothing and of course prem ship training is doubled over normal ships. I imagine that's why you see the empty ships. Captains under premium retraining. I retrained my Hats and Iso captains in the Kamikaze R to halve the time smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4261718 - 05/19/16 01:46 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Still in as well, >4000 battles by now. Max. credits were in the range of 50 million, now down to ~17 million after buying many discounted upgrades on ships that don't need them (need to remove them now with dubloons to make them available where I need them...), and a bunch of ships, currently "working" on US DDs, Russian Cruisers, Japanese BBs; I also already have a couple of T10s (may add a harbor shot later).
Usually I "promote" the "main" captain as I climb through a branch, e.g. in the last two weeks I marched through the US DDs up to Benson, with the "main" captain (currently level 13) always transfered to the newest ship. But I kept Farragut and Mahan, with two "junior" captains starting to train up. April's Fool captains helped to fill the ranks...

My main "occupation the last week and the last two months respectively. And busy collecting diamonds in the Grand Naval Battles event on the european server.

Last edited by WhoCares; 05/19/16 03:19 PM.
#4261752 - 05/19/16 03:40 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
My main failing at captain training was allocating the incorrect skills.I thought I was right but after watching players like iChase and Aerroon I can see why they chose the ones they did.Now of course I have to use real money to re-allocate the skills.I wish I could use credits instead,got plenty of that...

#4261786 - 05/19/16 05:25 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

In that WG failed for me when they allowed us to respec all captain with 0.5.0 (iirc), as now I am sitting on a Shimakaze captain with Torpedo Accelleration skill, which is not very useful since 0.5.5... I don't mind to respec a captain for doubloons occasionally (e.g. once the Benson captain hits 15 points), but not in this special case...

Here my port, 4 T10:

I try to keep me premiums for captain retraining, that's why I invested some diamonds into the Smith, the Tirpitz is used for earning credits.

#4261976 - 05/20/16 08:46 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: Chucky]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Chucky
My main failing at captain training was allocating the incorrect skills.I thought I was right but after watching players like iChase and Aerroon I can see why they chose the ones they did.Now of course I have to use real money to re-allocate the skills.I wish I could use credits instead,got plenty of that...

I just got back into this after a few months off and noticed all the captain skills reset....good and bad to pick differing ones without the need to spend gold to do so. Bad because I went a few days without realizing they had done so.....aigo.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4261977 - 05/20/16 08:48 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: WhoCares]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: WhoCares
In that WG failed for me when they allowed us to respec all captain with 0.5.0 (iirc), as now I am sitting on a Shimakaze captain with Torpedo Accelleration skill, which is not very useful since 0.5.5... I don't mind to respec a captain for doubloons occasionally (e.g. once the Benson captain hits 15 points), but not in this special case...

Here my port, 4 T10:

I try to keep me premiums for captain retraining, that's why I invested some diamonds into the Smith, the Tirpitz is used for earning credits.

How do you like the Russian Tier X cruiser? I have only gotten to tier VII and they so far are great HE spammers but paper armor and magazine protection.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4261985 - 05/20/16 09:29 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
What sort of stats have you guys got?

Last edited by Chucky; 05/20/16 09:48 AM.

#4262155 - 05/20/16 07:07 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: strykerpsg]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted By: strykerpsg

How do you like the Russian Tier X cruiser? I have only gotten to tier VII and they so far are great HE spammers but paper armor and magazine protection.

I don't have the Russian tier 10 cruiser, so I can't really comment on it wink
Or said differently, I don't have the tier 10 ship of the Russian cruiser line, the Moskva. But the Russian tier 10 destroyer Khabarovsk plays very much like a powerful light cruiser - 4x2 130mm accurate rapid fire guns with a significant stealth firing range. Plays more like a sealth CL with the agility of a DD.
With the Russian cruisers I am exactly where I wanted to be, at tier 8. With the upgraded hull the Chapayev gets a 11.7km/20secs radar, and with the accurate fast firing 4x3 152mm (~6") guns that can become very nasty for any capping DD. But the glass cannon characteristic is the same as with its predecessors - it eats plenty of citadels, also from other cruisers. But at medium/short range it can dish out equally with AP - it's not just all HE (though I gave the captain the Demolition Expert skill to up the fire chance...).
I will probably also go on and research the tier 9 (Dimitri Donskoi) and the Moskva, but I am not in a hurry. Similarly as with the Japanese cruisers - I have unlocked the Ibuki since several months (long before the Mogami got nerfed), but I am not "convinced". I think the Myoko is the "sweet spot" in this line (though the Zao looks intriguing), as you probably can tell from the >500k experience after I "elited" it (>300 battles).
I would probably say the same thing of Budyonny (T6) and/or Shchors (T7) - both great (borderline OP) ships for their tiers. If it wasn't for the radar, I would probably stay with those. But radar is well worth it, though the Chapayev faces tougher competition; not so much in the other tier 8 cruisers, but in its general tier 8-10 matchmaking. After that DimDom gets heavier but slower 4x3 180mm guns and a very high detectability rating - so not much of a DD hunter. Moskva gets the heaviest cruiser guns (220mm), but also battleship detectability. Not bad ships as far as I can tell, but I am not thrilled either to rush to them.

Instead I will focus on getting the Yamato (240k exp. to go, and no, I will not use my free exp. for it). And I started with the US DDs about two weeks ago - and I love them, pure action ships...

#4262307 - 05/21/16 07:02 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: WhoCares]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: WhoCares
Originally Posted By: strykerpsg

I don't have the Russian tier 10 cruiser, so I can't really comment on it wink
Or said differently, I don't have the tier 10 ship of the Russian cruiser line, the Moskva. But the Russian tier 10 destroyer Khabarovsk plays very much like a powerful light cruiser - 4x2 130mm accurate rapid fire guns with a significant stealth firing range. Plays more like a sealth CL with the agility of a DD.
With the Russian cruisers I am exactly where I wanted to be, at tier 8. With the upgraded hull the Chapayev gets a 11.7km/20secs radar, and with the accurate fast firing 4x3 152mm (~6") guns that can become very nasty for any capping DD. But the glass cannon characteristic is the same as with its predecessors - it eats plenty of citadels, also from other cruisers. But at medium/short range it can dish out equally with AP - it's not just all HE (though I gave the captain the Demolition Expert skill to up the fire chance...).
I will probably also go on and research the tier 9 (Dimitri Donskoi) and the Moskva, but I am not in a hurry. Similarly as with the Japanese cruisers - I have unlocked the Ibuki since several months (long before the Mogami got nerfed), but I am not "convinced". I think the Myoko is the "sweet spot" in this line (though the Zao looks intriguing), as you probably can tell from the >500k experience after I "elited" it (>300 battles).
I would probably say the same thing of Budyonny (T6) and/or Shchors (T7) - both great (borderline OP) ships for their tiers. If it wasn't for the radar, I would probably stay with those. But radar is well worth it, though the Chapayev faces tougher competition; not so much in the other tier 8 cruisers, but in its general tier 8-10 matchmaking. After that DimDom gets heavier but slower 4x3 180mm guns and a very high detectability rating - so not much of a DD hunter. Moskva gets the heaviest cruiser guns (220mm), but also battleship detectability. Not bad ships as far as I can tell, but I am not thrilled either to rush to them.

Instead I will focus on getting the Yamato (240k exp. to go, and no, I will not use my free exp. for it). And I started with the US DDs about two weeks ago - and I love them, pure action ships...

Thanks for the feedback on the cruisers. I have seen other feedback about the Russian DD line and want to finish their line too, currently sitting at tier VII, just such a grind after VI and up.

I stopped at Mogami on the IJN cruiser line. It was the last line I was working before taking about 5 months of a break and seeking post military work. I don't think I will go back to IJN till I complete the Russian DD and CL lines to tier X.

Anyway, always enjoy seeing the SimHQ crowd in WoWs and Armored Warfare.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4262579 - 05/21/16 11:55 PM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
I'm still playing, but I'm middle of the tiers- mostly 5 and 6, though I've purchased the Saipan and Khutusov to play with friends who have higher tier ships, and I just picked up (and absolutely love) the Pensacola.

CM Storm Series Trooper
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
#4262639 - 05/22/16 03:35 AM Re: World of Warships [Re: JimBobb]  
Quickcord Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord
Quickcord  Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord

Maryland
Enjoy playing it, but only in small doses.

Quickcord

NZXT Phantom 630 Case
AMD FX 8350
16GB Corsair Vengence, ASUS Crosshair Formula Z
RX480, Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gig SSD, WD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850w PSU
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.