Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
#4252348 - 04/24/16 01:46 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: ST0RM]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: ST0RM
I spent $10 on the Hawk, buying it second hand from a guy. So that's all I've got invested in it. It doesn't break my bank to delete it and shrug it off as a bad investment.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Round of applause for this man, someone open the bar and buy this man a round

I offered mine up for free, no one wanted it.....so since i'm stuck with it I have decided to save anyone else the disappointment and review it.

In fact I do remember your post in the campaign after campaign thread. It seems you have had a memory lapse and forgot my reply to it, so let me refresh your memory.

Originally Posted By: ST0RM
I do agree, in that I'm not happy with the progress of things, but I'm powerless to change that. So I shrug and move on and wait.

So keep shrugging and move right along, nothing for you to see here.

To the rest of you with the same view as ST0RM, I refute your claim that you are powerless to change it. If this thread and what is written in it sways just 1 persons opinion to not buy the hawk. I have achieved the goal,

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4252352 - 04/24/16 02:35 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
So Can you tell me where in the world is Carmen San Diego too?

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4252356 - 04/24/16 03:20 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
I am powerless to change anything on the Hawk. It's out of my hands. But I've now spoken and removed the module.

#4252364 - 04/24/16 04:19 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: SkateZilla]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

Probably buried in the bugs hidden within the hawk code....you claim you have some knowledge in programming, i'd suggest you start looking there

#4252392 - 04/24/16 06:20 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Winfield
you claim you have some knowledge in programming, i'd suggest you start looking there

Why would he have access to source code?

#4252409 - 04/24/16 09:49 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Sobek
you claim you have some knowledge in programming, i'd suggest you start looking there

Ah Sobek buddy. It's been a while since you posted anything related to the 'topic' at hand in a thread both here or anywhere for that matter. Skate above you did make an effort earlier in his posts to stay on topic before the moderator instinct took over with his attempt to derail the thread when it can't be locked or merged it so it can be lost in the thousands of bogus threads hosted in forums he moderates.

I had high hopes (as I did the hawk EFM) that your next comment would have been constructive....How wrong was I. Instead the comparison here is like a Priest with a bible in hand, standing at the podium ready to voice his sermon to the sinners and non sinners in the forum, or in this case Hawk lovers and haters", I was waiting for the shining lights to rain down on the thread, just as I had hoped the sun reflection would light up my 'worn' hawk cockpit 3 days ago but that never happened, instead the only lights flickering was blue screen, black screen, blue screen each time the hawk failed to load.

Last edited by Winfield; 04/24/16 10:03 AM.
#4252412 - 04/24/16 10:07 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Ah Sobek buddy. It's been a while since you posted anything related to the 'topic' at hand in a thread both here or anywhere for that matter. Skate above you did make an effort earlier in his posts to stay on topic before the moderator instinct took over with his attempt to derail the thread when it can't be locked or merged it so it can be lost in the thousands of bogus threads hosted in forums he moderates.

I had high hopes (as I did the hawk EFM) that your next comment would have been constructive....How wrong was I. Instead the comparison here is like a Priest with a bible in hand, standing at the podium ready to voice his sermon to the sinners and non sinners in the forum, or in this case Hawk lovers and haters", I was waiting for the shining lights to rain down on the thread, just as I had hoped the sun reflection would light up my 'worn' hawk cockpit 3 days ago but that never happened, instead the only lights flickering was blue screen, black screen, blue screen each time the hawk failed to load.

If the topic is agreeing entirely with your point of view, i may be somewhat OT. If the title has any bearing on the topic of this thread however, i certainly find my question more focused on the topic than you throwing straw man arguments at me and skate...

Last edited by Sobek; 04/24/16 11:34 AM.
#4252432 - 04/24/16 12:27 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Righto gents, it has been a hectic 3 days with WIP's etc and finding time in between to test and report on the hawk EFM (always time to post on the hawk, nando's, WIP's and WTF??!!). Let me add fuel to the fire regarding the damage model which is entirely realistic. VEAO commented on my EFM Damage model video. Mind you, instead of typing up a fix to the CTD as stated in an earlier post of mine. Instead the dev's are kicking back watching youtube video's rather than working on bug fixes.

With out further Ado, here is the quote

Originally Posted By: 'I plant trees@VEAO Simulations'
1 day ago
As you can clearly see from your video the collision model of the truck is not very much and therefore will not do much damage to the fuselage. Try driving the Hawk wing into it and see what happens. Also the "explosions" from the other aircraft in our opinion are way too high for the amount of damage they receive.Most real aircraft will not explode in this manner when they are clipped and Hawk has been made to this standard.I would also suggest you spawn a Hawk in with a couple of BTR's around it and let them open up on you. You will then see the damage model in it's full glory.I accept that the aircraft should fall to the ground when the gear is damaged and this is being fixed.Driving into objects on the ground is not a good "test" of an aircraft damage model.But feel free to troll all you like as I'm sure you have nothing better to do!!

Proof it was never tested both on the ground or in the air, yet 'the tree hugger' swears by how ultra realistic this module actually is. I have invited the 'tree squirrel' to read this thread and explain the situation, as you can see that has not yet happened. The 'hawk' needs to be scrapped, it is still listed for sale but this is further evidence proving it needs to be pulled from the shelves and undergo a major product recall. One can only imagine what would happen if this 'business' began making and selling passenger vehicle airbags.

Stay tuned gents, who can predict what happens next? My guess is, a post saying "it's very much a WIP"

Source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2755285#post2755285

#4252565 - 04/24/16 08:22 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Fracture Offline
Fracture  Offline

Ohio

I offered mine up for free, no one wanted it....

People say stuff like that all the time.
Take my wife..please lol
If you are serious about giving it away, feel free to bind it to
my ED store acct:
fracture493

#4252639 - 04/24/16 11:42 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: SkateZilla]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

When he doesn't like your response to his question......you get

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Ban increased to 1 year, for repeated 1.13 violations.

Date the ban will be lifted: 04-24-2017, 05:00 AM

#4252648 - 04/24/16 11:58 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

Quote:
1.13 Users using other public forums to spread damaging and false information regarding DCS and Eagle Dynamics will forfeit thier posting rights here.

Someone wanna explain to me exactly what's false here in Winfield's analysis? He's got photo proof of posts and videos to back up his claims.

This #%&*$# right here is why people have such a low opinion of those of us who come from the ED forums. For what it's worth, on behalf of the more reasonable people from the ED forums, sorry to hear about the ban Winfield.

#4252661 - 04/25/16 12:35 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Read it closer. It doesn't have to be false. As long as it's damaging, it's grounds for perma-ban. This basically means they take the liberty to ban anyone who dares to post anything but a positive review, regardless of how crappy the module is. It certainly tells, just look at all the bigger reviewers on their forums; Never, ever, ever a bad word to say about anything, not even a #%&*$# trainer that after 3 years is still in a pathetic state.

Last edited by scrim; 04/25/16 12:37 AM.
#4252663 - 04/25/16 12:39 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
amnwrx Offline
amnwrx  Offline

Not trying to derail this "informative" thread, I'm just genuinely curious; what is the significance of referring to the quoted poster as "the treeehugger"? In the good ole US of A this was a popular cutdown used by Vietnam vets but doesn't seem to be as widely used by many anymore. Just wondering if it has a particular meaning in this case other then the commen "hippie" referral, or is it just a way to grant a level of anonymity to the poster while expressing your displeasure at the same time? Thanks. wave

#4252677 - 04/25/16 02:09 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Tirak]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

[u]
Quote:
1.13 Users using other public forums to spread damaging and false information regarding DCS and Eagle Dynamics will forfeit their posting rights here.

...spread damaging and false "information". Interesting use of the ban hammer for a guy that has basically been giving a truthful review of their products. They really don't do themselves any favors over there. The reality outside the HTTP is a frightening place for those that live under such censorship.
They're saying give a good review no matter how FALSE that may be or you're going to get banned.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 04/25/16 03:12 AM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4252700 - 04/25/16 05:09 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
The reality outside the HTTP is a frightening place for those that live under such censorship.
They're saying give a good review no matter how FALSE that may be or you're going to get banned.

Even if that were true, so what if you get banned? For a band of people who claim to harbour such distaste for EDs boards, you sure spend a lot of time harping on about not being able to post there...

Seems unhealthy.

#4252703 - 04/25/16 05:29 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Not everyone is as enthusiastic to abandon things with potential as you are.

#4252706 - 04/25/16 05:41 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Frederf]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Frederf

It's probably not just potential. At this moment, if someone purchased every module at the ED store...that's an $850 investment.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4252707 - 04/25/16 05:44 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

Even if that were true, so what if you get banned? For a band of people who claim to harbour such distaste for EDs boards, you sure spend a lot of time harping on about not being able to post there...

Seems unhealthy.

You can almost compare it to someone that has no interest whatsoever about being part of a community (SimHQ)...yet continues to post and share his dis-taste for that community on their website.

Y'know...just as a hypothetical example.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4252708 - 04/25/16 05:47 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
I find it more damaging (from PR point of view) to ban someone because he said something "bad" about your product on other forums than let it slide. I understand that partly they may fear that person would post bad things there too but other than that is just a "reaction". Doesn't actually do anything than show that they are upset. Now if the damaging information is also false (because there is only an AND not an AND/OR) might be understandable but if the damaging information is true or honest opinion after good research/testing...

If I would be ED I would ban VEAO (that would be a warning to other teams also)... but I'm not... so...

#4252711 - 04/25/16 07:06 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Force10]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Frederf

That's quite the change of mind there, Frederf.

Originally Posted By: Force10

You can almost compare it to someone that has no interest whatsoever about being part of a community (SimHQ)...yet continues to post and share his dis-taste for that community on their website.

Y'know...just as a hypothetical example.

Having no interest in being part of a community? Because i don't participate in flinging verbal diarrhea EDs way? Where on SimHQs statutes does it say that that's what it takes to be part of the community?

Is that the retribution for the 2 posts i reported that contained insults against actual persons (not companies)? I'm sorry i'm creating such an enormous workload for you. Not like you did anything about it, though. But yeah, keep telling yourself that i'm just here to stir your flock.

At least i'll always have the time that CyBerkut moderated here <3 It cannot be overstated what a surpreme job he did.

Last edited by Sobek; 04/25/16 07:16 AM.
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.