Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4243851 - 03/28/16 02:28 AM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: Dakpilot]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
You haven't been doing this type of stuff for long? you're kind of making it obvious where the original 'anonymous' post came from LOL cool

Cheers Dakpilot

And what has that got to do with the price of eggs? Seriously who cares where the original post came from? The important point is the content of the post not who posted it. There was no link to the hack just a video of its use. There was no motive other than to highlight what is going on. I don't see what the point in your post is dak other than to move the discussion in a different direction. That has me puzzled.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4243881 - 03/28/16 08:56 AM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Oh I agree, the important point is the content

What it shows is the OP using a hack

It does not show as far as I saw, a lead computing gunsight

Mr Hex as a pseudonym for a well known player is so obvious that a four year old could figure it out

what it does not show is that person cheating, only the OP using a hack

Where I come from that is not evidence, only an assumption, right or wrong

An anonymous post singling out someone is not constructive for the community and should not be encouraged

This is not V for Vendetta fighting an evil government, it is a flight sim with grown ups (Mostly smile2 if I was properly grown up I probably would be doing the gardening)

If the only desire was to bring light to a hack, there are better ways to present it

Cheers Dakpilot

Last edited by Dakpilot; 03/28/16 08:57 AM.
#4243912 - 03/28/16 11:53 AM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
dillon_biz Offline
dillon_biz  Offline

Cheers Dakpilot how are you going to sit there and condemn the assumption of a matter in the same thread that you assume, with no evidence as you pointed out, that I or anyone in this thread had anything to to with the source of the OP?

You haven't been doing this Internet thing for long have you?

#4243924 - 03/28/16 12:29 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Sorry my humble apologies, it is not nice to be accused of something you did not do and I retract that,

You certainly did seem to have a healthy interest in the subject with your three rapid posts though..I must have misunderstood.

My point about the OP still stands by your own admission though

Cheers Dakpilot

#4243938 - 03/28/16 01:59 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

#4243987 - 03/28/16 04:05 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Maybe I am old fashioned, but it is not the message nor the messenger

but how the message is delivered

Cheers Dakpilot

#4243999 - 03/28/16 04:37 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
No it's more like the more modern problem of how the message is received.

#4244124 - 03/28/16 10:42 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: bongodriver]  
dillon_biz Offline
dillon_biz  Offline

Originally Posted By: bongodriver
No it's more like the more modern problem of how the message is received.

#4244283 - 03/29/16 02:09 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: Dakpilot]  
80hd Offline
80hd  Offline

KS
Oh I agree, the important point is the content

What it shows is the OP using a hack

That is the most rudimentary deduction that could possibly be made about the "content". (And I am not just flippantly throwing that out there, I interviewed several heads of both broccoli AND cauliflower, and they all concurred.)

It does not show as far as I saw, a lead computing gunsight

I skimmed through it, and it's pretty plain to see when he gets on the bandit's six... it's lit-truh-lee just the built-in pilot-aids from the lesser difficulties being used against players who mistakenly believe they are on an even playing field with NO pilot-aids of that nature.

Mr Hex as a pseudonym for a well known player is so obvious that a four year old could figure it out

Unless, like me, you don't play the game very often anymore... I thought it was a joke about a hex editor or something.

what it does not show is that person cheating, only the OP using a hack

Where I come from that is not evidence, only an assumption, right or wrong

I absolutely agree with you here, Cheers. But regardless as to the personal motivations driving the OP, I'm not a rocket surgeon or anything, but it certainly looks like this is the same b/s we have been over before on this same topic, and indeed not some "driver level hack"... I will admit that my interest in IL-2 has been greatly reduce of late, and what I hear comes from second hand friends for the most part, so I don't know if they are still persisting with that "driver level hack" garbage, but that's exactly what it is: garbage. This is a simple bit flip, and I am honestly tempted to see if it's as easy as I think it is. (Disclaimer: While it would seem that most of you are objective and reasonable adults, for those of you who are not I am certainly not interested in actively using or distributing such a thing. Thanks.)

An anonymous post singling out someone is not constructive for the community and should not be encouraged

I think you're the only one who has actively even mentioned the possible correlation between the OP and a player... like I said, I am sure you are correct and it's obvious to some, I have never flown with (or seen forum posts by) anyone with a name close enough to "Mr. Hex" for me to draw an immediate conclusion. I think it is clear from this thread, at least, that regardless of the OP's personal motives and goals behind the post, it has generally been received as yet more troubling indication of the integrity of the flight sim (that I have personally paid hundreds of dollars for in copies for myself, my wife, and a couple of friends as well, when you add it all up).

This is not V for Vendetta fighting an evil government, it is a flight sim with grown ups (Mostly smile2 if I was properly grown up I probably would be doing the gardening)

There are actually quite a few parallels between the government in V for Vendetta and the manner in which the powers that be are handling this abundantly apparent problem.

If the only desire was to bring light to a hack, there are better ways to present it

I've found that the type of people with both the skill and inclination to bird-dog something like this are generally somewhat... off... it's easy to armchair quarterback this kind of thing. (and man, you must have a degree in structural engineering to maintain the shelf that is capable of supporting the number of armchair Heisman's you've amassed in even the relatively short period of time that I have been blessed with reading your posts) Having been, as I mentioned in a previous post, involved with several anti-hack crusades in the distant past, the one universal similarity behind the guys with the kind of mind it takes to reverse engineer observable behavior that is undeniably not operating within the rules governing others is that they are to one degree or other "A Beautiful Mind" level crazy.

Cheers Dakpilot

Finally, some common ground we can agree on. Cheers, Cheers Dakpilot.

Anyway, it's nice to see the devs have this well in hand... I will return to my hibernation... someone let me know when the next evidence is released so we can have this exact same scenario repeat itself once more.

(Also, thanks again to SimHQ for hosting these forums!)

#4244342 - 03/29/16 04:18 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

I am surprised you have no idea who the OP is alluding to, if you ask dillon or one of your other TWB squadmates am sure they will be able to fill in the gap in your knowledge of that.

I fully agree that something needs to be done about using a hack, but disagree with anonymously naming someone, I find it hard that that you do not find that in common either

Cheers Dakpilot

#4244360 - 03/29/16 04:56 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Thank Goodness...I thought someone was better than me. No wonder I get shot down sometimes...Thanks guys...I should have known... biggrin

#4244405 - 03/29/16 06:29 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: Dakpilot]  
80hd Offline
80hd  Offline

KS
I am surprised you have no idea who the OP is alluding to, if you ask dillon or one of your other TWB squadmates am sure they will be able to fill in the gap in your knowledge of that.

I fully agree that something needs to be done about using a hack, but disagree with anonymously naming someone, I find it hard that that you do not find that in common either

Cheers Dakpilot

I kind of ebb and flow from one genre to another, and it's been a long while since I have been deeply into flight sims particularly... I try to limit my exposure to other members of TWB as they are a surly and unwashed bunch with ill-favored looks and unseemly character (especially dillon).

But, as I am willing to make the sacrifice for the sake of the robust dialogue, I DID ask dillon (after which I washed my hands), and he did share with me the name of who I assume you are talking about... which starts to make more sense now that I connect the video linked with the server that it shows being connected to in the beginning. (I told you, I'm not a rocket surgeon)

I looked him up on http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/ and he does indeed seem to have an almost unbelievable score in relation to the rest of those listed, surely he has to have a squad of wingmen that can simply refute such an implication... anyone with those kind of streaks, K/D, etc can't just be flying solo.

Either way, okay, say it IS in regard to this guy (Who I guess plays at hours when I do not), then I agree that an accusation at this point is in poor form without hard evidence. So we agree on that.

However, it's so hell and gone secondary to the fact that there really does seem to be a fairly glaring flaw in the Matrix here that I think your caterwauling jock-ride has done far more to draw attention to this ostensible accusation than every would have otherwise occurred.

Sidenote: Where DO you fly? Are you Dakpilot in game? Because I only see you on Tour 5 here:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/pilot/4990/Dakpilot/?tour=5

#4244408 - 03/29/16 06:30 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4241224/Re:_Wings_of_Honesty#Post4241224

Link for original in Russian forum in Dev' answer.

BTW - Both guys that mention the matter there get some days of ban. ar15 RTFM attack

seehearspeak

Last edited by Sokol1; 03/29/16 06:37 PM.
#4244687 - 03/30/16 03:02 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: MrHEX]  
DrZebra Offline
crash-professional
DrZebra  Offline
crash-professional

steppe
Just an OT-PSA:

over on the other forum the mentioning of bínding elevator trim-axis (only for for the movable stabilizer planes) to joystick made me curious.. and it works gamebreakingly bad: 109s turning soo hard the yaks stall. Apparently it is an old trick going back to the early classic Il2 days...

I hope it gets somehow fixed.. here is me in a macchi with the extra guns turning easy after the yak for the nonbelievers, but trying it yourself is probably key. You need to respawn once after options change for them to become applied, though.

#4246821 - 04/05/16 06:13 PM Re: Natural Enhancement for Virtual Pilots [Re: DrZebra]  
ATAG_Invictus Offline
ATAG_Invictus  Offline

Yep...it works. Tried it briefly last night (offline only). Certainly was eye opening.

ATAG_INVICTUS

Live on Twitch: ATAG_Invictus

Or better still come JOIN the fun @ The Air Tactical Assault Group

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.