#4241457 - 03/19/16 08:15 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted By: LOF_Rugg
Originally Posted By: Mustang60348

Which claims would that be.

Reading is fundamental...............

So is answering a straightforward question.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4242092 - 03/22/16 06:56 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Winfield]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
Originally Posted By: Winfield
Speaking of sim mods.....VEAO and Avio in order to restore some respect from their customers, should refund the customers 100% of 1st releases and have the aircraft advertised as a free mod to the consumers.

It's not like their 1st release is their only release. Looks to me and no doubt many others they took the money and ran. Even "You don't get higher up the chain at VEAO" him self has boasted "10's of thousands" of sales from the Hawk release......10's of thousands at $50 bucks a pop would be enough for any dodgy business to close up shop and live the high life.

I'm actually taking bets on how long before Avio go the same way as the over rated Coretex Designs especially with the whole "We actually do this in our spare time as we have day jobs" approach.

All I've heard from these dodgy devs are excuses excuses and many more of the same excuses. No one seems to take responsibility for their own failings as directors of the companies any more. If they operating here in Australia, it would be plastered all over ACA and Today Tonight by now. A class action would already be in the works and the ACCC would have stepped in and shut them down.

Both "You don't get higher up the chain at VEAO" and old mate behind the mask over at Avio should sign a joint NDA agreement with the director over at http://police1013.com/. All 3 of them would make a world class dev team in how to excel at failure

Unfortunately ED does not look in position to sweep the yard of dead leaves. Even BST is late and silent, no words on F5 nothing about finishing UH1H and Mi-8. LNS is playing on the edge of ridiculousness (I can't wait for the 1st of April to laugh at the missing March news along with the "broken CSS from New Year's Eve"), they ask now for mission designers and post 1 million polygons individual piston engine cooling fins (untextured mind you) as... "progress trolling" or "trolling progress" (?) so one can extrapolate the progress enough. Razbam are the only ones that are moving and I think now they are the example. They look serious about DCS not running with the money and not having other side projects to steal time.

#4242112 - 03/22/16 08:57 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Looks like major progress is being made by VEAO's texture artist as quoted from "up the chain" himself

"Right now I'm happy with the new textures, although tweaks are being made with extra detail etc. Oxygen switch is an example of this. "

-Or not

"I'm not happy with the bland textures they have right now and with the other texture updates they really stick out.

So they are being worked on.

They won't make the main patch as the texture artist's PC has blown up, but they'll be done in the future soon as soon as he's back up and running.

Get on that hype train...choooochooooo!!!" - quote by "up the chain at VEAO"

as I said previously.....excuses and many more excuses yet to come. The only hype train i'm on, is the "hype" train that de-railed several years back when "up the chain" first mentioned the hawk being a 12 month project when it was first mentioned in the forming of VEAO as a company.

#4242174 - 03/22/16 12:37 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
LOL... is that for real? That the texture artist PC blew up and... delay? In 2016 a business can bring this excuse? hahahahahaha...

As I said... it must be a reason ED tolerates such things. Maybe they need to keep this so called devs so they could attract more serious later.

#4242186 - 03/22/16 01:11 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: zaelu]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: zaelu
Speaking of sim mods.....VEAO and Avio in order to restore some respect from their customers, should refund the customers 100% of 1st releases and have the aircraft advertised as a free mod to the consumers.

It's not like their 1st release is their only release. Looks to me and no doubt many others they took the money and ran. Even "You don't get higher up the chain at VEAO" him self has boasted "10's of thousands" of sales from the Hawk release......10's of thousands at $50 bucks a pop would be enough for any dodgy business to close up shop and live the high life.

I'm actually taking bets on how long before Avio go the same way as the over rated Coretex Designs especially with the whole "We actually do this in our spare time as we have day jobs" approach.

All I've heard from these dodgy devs are excuses excuses and many more of the same excuses. No one seems to take responsibility for their own failings as directors of the companies any more. If they operating here in Australia, it would be plastered all over ACA and Today Tonight by now. A class action would already be in the works and the ACCC would have stepped in and shut them down.

Both "You don't get higher up the chain at VEAO" and old mate behind the mask over at Avio should sign a joint NDA agreement with the director over at http://police1013.com/. All 3 of them would make a world class dev team in how to excel at failure

Unfortunately ED does not look in position to sweep the yard of dead leaves. Even BST is late and silent, no words on F5 nothing about finishing UH1H and Mi-8. LNS is playing on the edge of ridiculousness (I can't wait for the 1st of April to laugh at the missing March news along with the "broken CSS from New Year's Eve"), they ask now for mission designers and post 1 million polygons individual piston engine cooling fins (untextured mind you) as... "progress trolling" or "trolling progress" (?) so one can extrapolate the progress enough. Razbam are the only ones that are moving and I think now they are the example. They look serious about DCS not running with the money and not having other side projects to steal time.

You are hilarious. biggrin

LNS WANTED TO HIRE MISSION DESIGNERS! THAT'S... BAD! I THINK!? --Zaelu (SimHQ edition of Zaelu)

Last edited by Cobra847; 03/22/16 01:12 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4242192 - 03/22/16 01:29 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: zaelu]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
LOL... is that for real? That the texture artist PC blew up and... delay? In 2016 a business can bring this excuse? hahahahahaha...

As I said... it must be a reason ED tolerates such things. Maybe they need to keep this so called devs so they could attract more serious later.

Oh it's real alright....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162833

Also, I am curious why polychop don't reply to pm's regarding the status of the Coretex Designs F-18E, maybe it was either the infighting or they had a falling out with turbosquid regarding the purchase of both the hornet and gazelle? who knows, they don't seem to want to reply via ed forums or facebook for official confirmation.

What makes me laugh at the whole ordeal is the response from AVIOdev regarding the C-101 whilst i'm at it, "we do this in our spare time" same quote we saw back in 2014 regarding the superbug from coretex whom all bar 1 person left, joined forces and started polychop.......it is only a matter of time until we see "higher up the chain at VEAO"'s hawk moved to the mods section and the company disbanded, as will be Avio and polychop (no doubt in the not to distant future 'give it a year or so, you heard it here 1st').

So we have seen many "ED official" 3rd party dev's fall by the way side, Iris, CTD, Dave Kinney's "not so interactive" and the list goes on (will it ever end?) i'll add this to the new comers to dcs "lol at the ww2 retard who couldn't produce a turd after a night on the piss, and before anyone jumps the gun thinking it was only 3 failed devs thus far" I can name 2 more failed dev's not mentioned here already, no doubt others can name more)......probably the only trust worthy dev that has risen from the ashes is Razbam sims and new comer to the sim world Leatherneck.....or anyone who doesn't blame their short comings on 1 soul person like VEAO and avio did with Tango or failed kickstarter's like Kinney "not so interactive".

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?? yes there is, however that light is only seen by those who's wallet lies with Razbam and Leatherneck. Belsimtek are not included in this "update" as they are basically paid by ED and not by how many sales from aircraft released to the consumer.

So let's see a show of hands in the comments "1st day buy for me" or "i'm throwing money at the screen" like "retards" do over at the dark side when the next release of "up the chain at VEAO"'s or old mate behind the mask at Aviodev aircraft is released officially in a future ED newsletter

#4242197 - 03/22/16 01:32 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Cobra847]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Cobra847

LNS WANTED TO HIRE MISSION DESIGNERS! THAT'S... BAD! I THINK!? --Zaelu (SimHQ edition of Zaelu)

as they say on Mythbusters "PLAUSiBLE"

Even if the "quotee" is a 3rd party dev of a failed franchise

Wasting time to count and post the number of rivet's in the 3d mig-21 model is more progress than what us consumer's have seen with "up the chain"s hawk model

#4242271 - 03/22/16 04:54 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Cobra847]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
Originally Posted By: Cobra847

Sometimes I am biggrin. However, I haven't said is bad but it's true I was very "short worded" thus unclear. What I meant by that phrase was: because now you think to hire people for campaigns and missions when the two modules were suppose to be out last year in Autumn by the optimistic estimation it is a bad sign, lets say, speed of progress wise. le I want to add as a note that the exact words were: "so one can extrapolate the progress enough." I actually used the word bad just in this paragraph.

Sure you might say is for future projects but from this side of the fence could mean something else.

However. Since you broke the CSS on your site I started to learn (slowly) how CSS 3 works and I even managed to make a wip site and I can't imagine how you break that file that you need another one imported from China with a steam boat that is 3 months later not to be seen. I guess you are using the CSS from Amazon.com or Ebay.com :P .

Anyway. Lets wait for April 1st, shall we? biggrin

Oh it's real alright....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162833

Also

regarding the superbug from coretex whom all bar 1 person left, joined forces and started polychop...

rofl... the cookie will be complete if they will say the new textures are forever lost because of this. Surely the truth would be that they wanted to pay for them with a mug of rice so they have to invent an excuse no one would believe in 2016. smile

As for polychop... I see there more dedication and professionalism than in Coretex, Pat had done a very nice job with Gazelle it seems and The_Fragger is working on Bo-105 with the same professionalism, sure only 3D/texturing was seen. In polychop the only sign of derailment I've seen was the proposition of Go-229 bt Poly_B. Although is a plane I admire I think Oleg's materialization of this plane should be the last attempt. Is like new comers on EDs forum asking for Berkut, PAK FA and that little Mirage like indian plane. Makes no sense when you know what DCS stands for.

Last edited by zaelu; 03/22/16 05:23 PM.
#4243158 - 03/25/16 06:05 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: cichlidfan]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan
Originally Posted By: LOF_Rugg
Originally Posted By: Mustang60348

Which claims would that be.

Reading is fundamental...............

So is answering a straightforward question.

Wasn't talking to you [Text deleted]. Mustang can go back and read the posts in the thread if he wants an answer. It's spelled out right there.

But hey, it was really nice of you to stick up for him. [Text deleted].

Refrain from demeaning/insulting other members here.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 03/25/16 09:06 AM. Reason: Moderation
#4243164 - 03/25/16 06:45 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

AvioDev, and VEAO deserve all the criticism they get, and LNS deserves all the apathy they get at this point, but what's with the hate on Polychop? They were a fan studio that was going to release their module for free until ED offered to let them on board. They haven't had time to mess up, y'all need to chill and let Polychop either sink or swim based on the next few month...

#4243170 - 03/25/16 08:04 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Tirak]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Tirak
AvioDev, and VEAO deserve all the criticism they get, and LNS deserves all the apathy they get at this point, but what's with the hate on Polychop? They were a fan studio that was going to release their module for free until ED offered to let them on board. They haven't had time to mess up, y'all need to chill and let Polychop either sink or swim based on the next few month...

You mean The_Fragger was going to release his module for free....

As you are obviously new to the fray, let me bring you up to speed....That was stated long before Coretex enlisted his services to work on the "E" Hornet. Once Coretex Designs couldn't fullfil it's obligations, their contract was torn up and the project shelved. As The_Fragger was late into the hornet project but left when CTD dissolved (Because of not being able to fulfil it's contractual obligations in place with ED at the time), I admire him for still pushing on with his project, no doubt in my mind he took the lead to continue development with some of the other ex CTD members (who went and formed Polychop only after it was stated that the hornet project was shelved). Time will tell whether Polychop succeed in the business, I'm looking forward to waiting it out, at least they have not taken or asked for a cent off anyone unlike AVIO and VEAO did with their dodgy projects

Originally Posted By: Tirak
They were a fan studio that was going to release their module for free until ED offered to let them on board.

No, they were members of the failed Coretex Design Hornet team. IMO The_Fragger won hearts and minds with his BO-105 PAH1A1 project long before he joined Coretex Designs to help with the hornet. This is probably the sole reason ED has let this team develop their other projects besides the failed hornet under a different company.

I don't see anyone on these forums here or over at ED hating on Polychop, where did you get that idea? My earlier statement was aimed at CTD.

On a side note, anyone who has been around long enough or followed VEAO, CTD and all the other 3rd party failed devs kind of expect failure. however i'll wait before I judge Polychop on their work once it is presented for public release.

#4243176 - 03/25/16 09:12 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Slow progress much?

has nothing to do with the AFM coding delay mind you, this is texture artist delay....looks like the computer has been blown up for over a year when this complaint was first requested to be looked at and changed

Regarding the Hawk gun sight glass

03-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted By: markuscha
Hi

I would like to see the Hawks HUD looking more like a piece of glass !!!

[url="http://www.directupload.net"][/url]

Are there plans for the HUD to be reworked in the future ?

Kind regards, Markuscha

03-24-2016, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted By: "Up the chain at VEAO"
HUD glass and a couple of other things that may not make it in this patch..

Source Links for reference

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140682&highlight=Hawk+gunsight

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163077&page=2

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.