Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4238450 - 03/10/16 10:28 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Freaking crazy fight 1st turn as Germans...

Just after anti tank grenade was thrown. To bad he exactly 1.

What howitzers if at least 105mm can do in direct fire. Blew all the hatches off, still a crew member or 2 alive in there.

At this close range the 2.8cm can hurt a t34 from the side. Only dumb arse shot the turret and not the lower hull.

Thing instantly turned and sprayed bow MG at the gun.

Was looking bad the 2.8cm. Then crazy #%&*$#.

Tank got flame thrower to death.

Then idiot flame thrower set everyone on fire inside the building. UGH..

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/10/16 10:34 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4238516 - 03/10/16 02:30 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
Void Offline
Void  Offline

Prague
LOL ! nice !

I5-4670@4.4Ghz, MSI Z87-G45,Crucial Ballistics lp 8Gb Ram, Crucial MX100 256 SSD, GTX 980, 1980x1080, Win10 64
#4238744 - 03/11/16 05:58 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Well German campaign is going really really well. Too well. On first turn had 4 battles. 2 of them had t34 companies. First one totally wiped out with Stug 33B and 105mm howitzers. The other battle had 2 tank companies. I had a bunch of infantry, a handful of AT guns of various sizes and 8 Stug F8's. Totally knocked out 14 T34's and damaged quite a few others. Ran out of ammo for the stugs. With only 1 tanker killed. All 8 came threw it. Heck all anti tank guns did too. Lost alot of infantry to artillery however. But if anything like the Red Army one, which I am guessing it is vary close, then I have already wiped out a 1/4 to 1/3 of the t34's... about 24 killed. As well as a t60, but that does not count.

As of now, the only thing that could really cause me to fall back some would be ammo supply issues.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/11/16 06:05 AM.
#4238770 - 03/11/16 09:22 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

45mm anti tank grenade from that funky grenade launcher of the Germans.

this thing.

Finally...

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/11/16 09:23 AM.
#4239081 - 03/12/16 07:48 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Another vicious night of fighting...

Got hit with what turned out to me another 2 companies of T34's, well almost. 16 total. Hq section and a line company.

Had a heck of a lot of pioneers so they got the fun job of digging in in every bush and flower patch. But I got hit from not where I was expecting. SO my reverses of engineers in buildings got first contact. Not many of them alive now. But they did some good and thinned a few of the tanks. Had one battery of 105mm howitzers I had to use in direct fire. DId good. But not going to be combat effective anymore. And one company of panzer 3's. Thankfully all long barreled. All survived but 2 are down to 2 crew. So might as well be dead.

But 12 totally destroyed t34 with only 1 still running at the end of battle. Can not complain about that. My 8 panzer 3's did good and my pioneers took the brunt of it but thinned out the t34's and broke up their attack.

And Mius tells me its a defeat again.

#4239626 - 03/14/16 08:28 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Dawn is approaching. My Stugs are off trying to get ammo from anyone. Which is failing (where the hell do I get ammo to my Stugs from in this campaign!). My Panzer 3 platoon got cut off and is 2 km away with enemy in the way so got left out of battle.

All I have is infantry and 5 anti tank guns, along with 2 half tracks with spotters nearly out of ammo. Of the anti tank guns I have 2 75mm PAKs, 1 50mm, 1 37mm, and one captured 45mm. Getting hit with left overs of previous battles. 4 T70's, 3 T34's, 1 KV-1, 3 M3a1 scout cars and lots of infantry. Not so good. Wasted a scouting party early on. Then got PO-2 biplanes called in on me.

THey zeroed in on my strong point, wasting both my Pak75's with out them even getting a shot off. Wonderful. Now just the Pak 50 over watching a ravine 1km away and the 2 pop guns.

Massed infantry assualt that my guys spotted do to improving light conditions. Used 320mm rockets and 81mm mortar spotters to largely wipe out. Shot all ammo, situation was quite bad. THen the tanks started to show up.

T34 plowed into my forward infantry in a corn field. No over watching AT guns as they got wasted by Po-2's. Had to take out with infantry. Finally killed with an HHL-3 I think. But everything they had was used up on this T34 before it fell.
Brandflashe given a try above. It failed.

HHL3 did not.

Fight ended up in 2 main areas. My main defenses and the area on the exit of a ravine. My spotters where murdering and stripping huge amounts of infantry. So after the T34 in the corn field I ordered up a smoke screen on the enemy infantry and ordered my survivors back to my final line. This allowed most to get back to previous trenches I had back there. While I was off dealing with the evolving ravine exit fight a t34 and the KV 1 plowed into rear of my final line.

45mm Anti tank gun managed to disable both tanks before getting all shot up. Leaving me with 2 tanks in the middle of my infantry. Sucks to be them as it turns out. I thought it was going to be flee time. But thought I would give the infantry a chance try and get rid of these 2 interlopers.

The T34 fell right away to I think a 6 stick grenade. It helped that the 45mm gun had hit the T34's main gun meaning no fire from that thing. Just machine gun fire.

The KV1 proved a big problem.

After the t34 fell a few of this squad where in grenade range of the KV. I assaulted putting the T34 in front of the KV. But a few where to the right flank of T34. This did nothing but bounced off the KV's turret. Bummer.

Next up I had 1 HQ squad with an HHL-3. Which ended up missing. But used the T34 wreck to get in right close.

Rifle fired grenades into the engine area and tons of grenades at the beast.

Finally after what seemed like forever, something set the engine compartment on fire. No idea what. I forgot to check it after battle. But I was vary surprised to find most vision devices had shell holes in them. No wonder I survived this attack. The tank was near blind.

Mean while the ravine exit battle was ragging with T70's attacking one side of the defenses there.

The Pak 50mm was chewing these things up. Killed one and disabled the other before running out of ammo. It also got an M3 scout car as well. Figured since the infantry where doing quite well we would try and get the disabled T70, the one in back. An MG42 and a few infantry squads where keeping the enemy infantry mainly pinned so I put the knocked out t70 between my squad and the disabled T70. It was over in a flash. MG and rifle fired grenades made the tankers in the thing bail. Latter to be gunned down.

Was a vary bloody battle. But this supply issue with the Stug company is vary problematic. But in the end, wiped out the rest of the T34 company and light tank company. But this line can not hold against another attack. I already set up the next place to hold a couple clicks away previous turn. But this is a really good area for defense. 3 massive battles and still hold the area. But damned ammo problems are going to make me have to fall back.

#4239637 - 03/14/16 08:47 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
BTW, those steam players that are complaining infantry can not kill tanks are nuts. IF and that is a big IF, they have the right grenades and satchel's they can for sure kill armor with the right conditions and tactics.

#4239980 - 03/15/16 08:52 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
And the battle continues.... Turn 4.

I have counter attacked and taken all the area threatening one of my defense areas. No more getting attacked from North and south. Am realizing that the enemy seems to be running out of medium tanks. Now that I have bigger things able to deal iwth them, there are none to shoot just now. Got hit in in the middle in the bulge there with only a light tank company. Good thing too, ONly 4 shot up panzer 3's and a couple anti tank guns in the AO.

Bailed out panzer 3 crew. Even a t70 can casue problems sometimes.

This little bugger somehow got behind my tanks and threw a KS bottle on the panzer 3M. Later this would cause engine over heating problems at a real bad time. Its engine stalled and got wasted by 2 F-22 guns. Cover was only 10 meters away. Sad sauce.

Enemy was zeroing in with artillery on my infantry trenches and T70's where starting to get way to close. Every tank was beat up in some way at this point. Ones gun was down, one had engine issues, one mobility killed from artillery. Starting to get bad. Lucky for me they ran out of steam just before it was lights out. Lost a lot of troops to that artillery.

Another battle same turn. Last remaining t34's ( I am sure this time), 7 of them make a dash for their objective. Another 4 beat up panzer 3's in even worse shape than the last from an HQ platoon. Its day light and my pioneers stand little chance of getting close to kill them. Have to do something else. Only 2 panzer 3's are really combat capable but I hold the high ground over the town. That is something.

About to hit my main infantry line. But 3 of the 4 panzers can at least shoot and have been holding fire for this moment.

1 is out right knocked out. Another is mobility killed and will fall in short order. The 3 t34's stop and return fire. Some is true and my tanks are silenced. Although not dead. Just even more beat up than before. But I knew as soon as I opened up on the flanks at 800 meters I could slow them down. Once they turned front armor towards me, that armor can take the 50mm gun at that range. But I planned for that.

Hit them with a 10 round salvo of 105mm howitzer battery. Killed one and messed up the other 2. followed by something I was not quite expecting.

Some Hatched where blown off and others open. Thought I would see if incendiary rounds would do anything. Ya they did. No more of those T34's. That was a surprise. Worked incredibly well.

Just clean up time.

Infantry squad after over running this anti tank gun.

My supply unit got discovered by infantry as well. Had to rush the only 2 tanks that could move. Both with tranmission problems. took 15 minutes too go 1100 meters to support.

But I had to take the low ground to not run into this thing that was buzzing around. No time to get in a fight with the supply unit in a long range fire fight.

Took some time to clear the enemy infantry that was shooting up the supply guys. They had taken to the trenches.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/15/16 09:20 AM.
#4239993 - 03/15/16 09:43 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Same turn, the battle in the North. Have no armor here. Only infantry and guns. And another first for me. An on screen long range howitzer dual. Was planning to just sit in mu trenches and see what happened. I know from previous battles here that mainly I have to deal with infantry and anti tank guns. So I got hot instead with a light tank company, infantry, field guns and howitzers. After blowing up a nosy T70 things got vary interesting. One of my 105mm's blew up.

My forward scouts where spotting M30 130mm howirzers firing at my guns. Oh no, this can not stand. And like I said, a first time this has happened to me. Range was around 1800 - 2000 meters.

My gun line. I was so surprised I did not make pretty screens.

I had the high ground and shallow pits for the guns. He was in low ground and no pits. I won that dual after about 5 minutes shooting back and forth. And it really paid having scouts out.

Then the T70s got some balls about the same time.

Things where going well. Silenced all guns I knew about. A few burning T70's, lets do some infantry #%&*$#.

Infantry backed up by howitzers on high ground. Wow that works. Every time I bumped into big stuff I blasted with the big guns. But then this rise. On the reverse slope out of my guns firing angles had to go old fashion infantry tactics. Some flanking, some fire fights, and alot of smoke later. A bunch of over run anti tank guns. Although the F-22 guns I just maneuvered around. To damned dangerous. One wiped out 2 squads that was hiding behind swamp grass. But those 105's of mine took care of that one.

#4240001 - 03/15/16 10:07 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
And back to this stupid town in the South. Every freaking turn a battle or 2 over this thing.

Panzer 3's platoon is really ate up. Can not do much with it. Its down ammo, every tank is damaged and half are running 3 man crews. i can not seem to hold ground out side of the town proper. I take and loose over and over again. And have been unable to move fresh units in so far. They are close, but not close enough.

Set up my 2 2.8cm guns. My 1 legh 18 75mm gun and all my wonderful pioneers around the center town. And of course everything goes pear shaped. Enemy moved in M30's at some point. and loose my over watching leig 18 in a lopsided artillery dual 5 minutes in. Followed by these bastards.

Every gun dies. My MG42, my AT guns, my tanks get mangled. Loose about like 35 infantry. Buildings explode.

I mean, like WTF can I do with this?

Infantry literally drive up to my western defense in ZIS trucks. Now that ususally could never happen. Thank you IL-2's.

Its really bad. Lost a squad and half here. My lovely pioneers. =( I do have two soon to be out of ammo shot up panzer 3's. Before they run out of ammo I had to grab whatever I could to help stop the infantry wasting everything. So my Arty spotter and the Battalion commander go to war in half tracks.

Guess the Bat. commander thought maybe things where really bad... Because then these showed up.

The day is saved. Can not take ground, but not going to loose any either.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/15/16 10:27 AM.
#4240319 - 03/16/16 03:06 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

This should have been a big fat fight. A new fresh T34 company moved up from the reserves of enemy and set up between Stepenovka and Fedorovka/Marinovka. To join the masses of anti tank guns and infantry around here. I had just moved up a Marder platoon and 1 infantry platoon to the grid square with the Southern fat blue arrow last turn after grabbing this from the enemy. I can only really loose Stepenovka and this new grid. The rest with the grayed out squares have units not sucked into battle and can not really be lost (I think). So only need to worry about these two. I really don't want to loose anything in Stepenovka. So that gets priority. It has way more point weight than a square that only has a small draw in it.

So I plop everything in Stepenvoka. Set up tank kill zones. Find the infantry that have anything that can hurt a tank. Get my 1 105mm artillery spotter over watching everything. The plan is to beat off the tanks and then go secure that undefended grid square using a mechanized scout platoon. These guys are worthless at fighting T34's, but this is something they can do. Or that is the plan.

There is one weakness to how I set up my defenses in the town. If the enemy swings wide and comes from the South, many units are exposed. IF this happens, I need warning to move them into the town proper. I simply do not have enough major caliber anti tank weapons to ensure victory fighting outside the town. 4 marders and 1 75mm PAK is all I have that I can count on. I need the streets and houses to funnel the armor. Also could get a tank or two with infantry. Strip the enemy tanks of his infantry with my artillery spotter hopefully. I know there is a 10 t34 tank company out there somewhere.

So I send out a scout squad from one of the infantry line platoons to give me that warning if need be. Tell them hold fire and keep low.

Did not take to long for them to spot enemy armor and infantry moving into the grid square I left undefended.

The tank disappeared into the reverse slope and the scouts lost sight of the tanks for a few minutes. Oh, there they are. Now I am wondering if they got spotted or what. These guys are off way out in nowhere. Time to run back to the hide I choose earlier.

They make it just in the nick of time and where not spotted. But now this tank might bump into my artillery spotter and battalion commander. Not to mention there is only 1 75mm leig infantry gun watching this area. Shift a few units and decide a lone T34 getting intercepted by a couple Marders should take care of things.

HMmm. Did not quite work out as expected. Do to stupid order on my part, one Marder got hung up in a trench. Almost made it over, but tipped last second. Great, now 3 of them active. Got to be careful sticking trenches on roads. Certain orders and trenches in the middle of the road do not always work out.

Lost sight of T34. I still am not sure where it buggered off too. But the Marders would have blown it to bits had in not changed directions earlier. But the Marders back into their town ambush positions after it became clear that tank left the area.

Things became uncharacteristically BORING here for sometime. My guys where spotting tanks various places far off. It was clear the AI commander was looking for me. But staying away from the town. And I was sticking to the plan.

About 50 game minutes of time compression later (I have 2 hour battles set), left overs of a tank crew bungled into my lines. These most have been from one of the annihilated tank companies from previous fights. My guys shot the commander and the other 2 called it quits. About 30 seconds after the shooting stopped green flares pop up all over enemy controlled eastern Stepenovka. But so much game time has passed I am wondering about my plan. The bit about driving the scout platoon into the grid square I left undefended once the tanks where dealt with. Or I got wiped out. Which ever comes first. About 35 minutes of game time left. And wheeled vehicles do not do so well in farm fields. They would need to go around 1400 meters to swing around to stay out of tanks sights using the ground as cover. But that is to worry about later. AI has found me. And it has infantry and tanks out there. But I only used 2 squads of infantry to deal with the tank crew. Maybe it does not know just how big a force I have? Who knows.

So I take stock of one wing of my infantry that could be in a bad spot depending where attack comes from. These are some of my Vets. And I am surprised. I was wondering where they got some ammo from. Been in a lot of fights and resupply is spotty. Well, they picked up every enemy weapon they could find at one point. No German weapons left. 2 ppsh SMG, a mosin, 2 SVT-40 rifles, a DP machinegun and a tokerov pistol. Sticky finger squad here. biggrin

Start getting spotting reports.

I guess AI commander is not sure about how much I got over here. Sent only 1 tank and random infantry. Clearly scouting in force. Still can be dangerous to me. I can not afford to loose assets at this point. But if the AI wants to send in things peace meal, ok... This is actually the first time it has not send a massed tank company at full strength at me when it had one to throw.

AI choose the street of death. Ok, good. I elect not to use artillery spotters 105mm. Despite driving right threw a TRP that I also did an adjust fire mission on first thing in battle. Could probably kill tank and infantry just with that. But why waste the shells?

Tank comes over the rise right into my kill zone. Captured 45mm anti tank gun opens up first.

Tank fires back but shoots a tad low, hangs a left to get out of kill zone.

Into another. Pak 75mm ends the tank. Infantry squad is panicked or maybe some have a concussion. Who knows. But not fighting back to well.

Move one of my armored cars up to provide some over watch on the street. Not going to get to close to the infantry in this tin can. Who knows if they have any anti armor weapons.

Infantry squad moves in. Some tankers surrender.

Others get improvised anti tank weapons. I have no idea. This squad was kill happy with these things.

Infantry squad advanced using smoke and blowing up enemy with epic over kill.

The left overs call it quits.

There are still 9 t34's out there somewhere. But timer is down to 9 minutes. My scout squad is sneaking around seeing if any tanks around the abandoned square. They are not spotting anything. I think it worth the risk to try and get the armored scout cars into the little depression in that area. But time is no where near on my side.

Ran over corpse. Yuck?

Blond moment. Trenches and roads....Ugh. Some order types do not work well under this circumstance.

And got only half way there. It WOULD have worked if only I had sent off 5 minutes before. Enemy had only 1 unit on edge of this area. It did not think it worth defending much either.

Lost that square. Marder and infantry platoon are now routed. But will probably be back in action in a couple turns. No big thing really. Have panzer 3 and Marder company next door to take that square back and deal with that t34 company. The question marks are routed units. 2 of those together are mine. The other should be the enemies when I kicked him off that grid last turn.

And the AI was massing his armor and infantry for a big push as timer ended. I think the hold up was some was strung out poking around scouting. Getting it all back together was taking time. But found T34's and infantry on the roads moving my way. Not usually this slow in Mius Front. And my mission for campaign is to defend until reinforcements get here. THat is going just fine and gobbling up things while I "wait". Little less than 1/3 threw German campaign at this point. And I keep shrinking the Red Army's bridge head. In fact, I could probably crush it now by turn 7 of 18 now that the big stuff is getting to me. Yet to blood my panzer 4's.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/16/16 03:29 AM.
#4240564 - 03/16/16 06:52 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
Void Offline
Void  Offline

Prague

I5-4670@4.4Ghz, MSI Z87-G45,Crucial Ballistics lp 8Gb Ram, Crucial MX100 256 SSD, GTX 980, 1980x1080, Win10 64
#4241060 - 03/18/16 01:53 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Freaking Marders...

#4241088 - 03/18/16 03:24 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
Void Offline
Void  Offline

Prague
I like the second flamethower screenshot and the next with the soldier and knocked out T34 thumbsup Good work Flashburn!

#4241218 - 03/19/16 12:07 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: Void]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: Void
I like the second flamethower screenshot and the next with the soldier and knocked out T34 thumbsup Good work Flashburn!

That rifleman running at t34? It was not knocked out. Was anti tank team going in to try and finish it off. Only bow machine gun worked on it, as I discovered. But they failed, missed their throws with 6 bundle grenades. It was the bottom flame thrower picture that finished it off. The only functional mobile weapons I had left that could hurt tanks. My PAK's where out of ammo. My 105mm howitzers disabled so many tanks. But they all got wiped out. My anti tank team failed. So it fell to what left. And I had 4 flame thrower teams. 2 made tank kills.

#4241436 - 03/19/16 07:05 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
Hardtale Offline
Hardtale  Offline

I'm enjoying the AAR Flashburn, thanks for taking the time.

#4241582 - 03/20/16 12:31 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

#4241601 - 03/20/16 02:15 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

Wow! Pretty impressive battles that you are fighting. That game looks so much more interesting in close-ups.

#4242865 - 03/24/16 09:31 AM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Started a hard Red Army campaign. Before most it was bugged with always win bug. Its harder this time as you actually have to work for it a bit more.

Storming trenches at night with flares over head. Went incredibly well for once.

#4243208 - 03/25/16 01:02 PM Re: Some random Mius Front screenshots. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Stug 33b killed with smoke rounds. That was a random down the hatch sort of thing.

Usually I will drop flares if air craft pop up at night like this PO-2 flight. ONly I forgot I was no longer playing German campaign and instead ordered everything I could into bushes. Then I remembered what side I was on. Too late, PO-2 went low and slow looking for targets, most got shot up and never dropped all their bombs.

When scouts bump into each other. Would have been interesting except for the anti tank gun that blew up my scout car.

Hmmmmm no idea.

After shooting up the opel truck with machine gun fire and setting it on fire, this KV-8S then decided to REALLY make sure and fry it with the flamer thrower.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.