Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4182091 - 10/15/15 10:43 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
It was actually 5 days, but what can I say...

behindcouch

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4182098 - 10/15/15 11:23 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
It was actually 5 days, but what can I say...

behindcouch

biggrin
It DOES look fun though thumbsup

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#4182113 - 10/16/15 12:21 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Lol ParaB

We will have to have a friendly match one time thumbsup

Glad you are enjoying it

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4182211 - 10/16/15 07:47 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
In the mission right after I posted this pic I got slaughtered... by Skaven!
Cost me an arm and a leg. Literally.

wounded

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

#4182269 - 10/16/15 11:57 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Lol..... skaven are nasty. I haven't faced them yet in my campaign. But previously (not sure now) i think they can field more units as they aren't physically as strong. That makes them excellent at tying up characters.

Fighterops...

#4185074 - 10/23/15 01:51 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
They just updated the game today and reading the update news I saw this little gem:

"Pressing Alt-F4 to avoid Death results during the injury roll will not work anymore. Warriors will properly be dead.

Important note: any warriors who avoided dead this way will be properly dead in this Patch and this will be retroactive. There’s no avoiding death!"

Talk about a dev troll. Hehe it's an awesome to see stuff like this though.

Content 8 patch 5 notes.

PS, There is a bug with this patch according to Kes one of the devs:
"Quick update: we'll try to have a fix pushed tomorrow for the issue that forces you to kill a Daemon before the game ends. At the moment Daemons are also always maxed Rank which shouldn’t be the case (this will go in the fix as well)."

Silent enim legēs inter arma.

Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
#4185092 - 10/23/15 02:46 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia

#4185141 - 10/23/15 07:44 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: Allaire]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted By: Allaire
They just updated the game today and reading the update news I saw this little gem:

"Pressing Alt-F4 to avoid Death results during the injury roll will not work anymore. Warriors will properly be dead.

Important note: any warriors who avoided dead this way will be properly dead in this Patch and this will be retroactive. There’s no avoiding death!"

Talk about a dev troll. Hehe it's an awesome to see stuff like this though.

Content 8 patch 5 notes.

PS, There is a bug with this patch according to Kes one of the devs:
"Quick update: we'll try to have a fix pushed tomorrow for the issue that forces you to kill a Daemon before the game ends. At the moment Daemons are also always maxed Rank which shouldn’t be the case (this will go in the fix as well)."

Well, I didn't run into any demons post-patch yesterday and had no such issues, but I read about people running into >700HP demons that killed their warriors in two strikes - nasty.
I have yet to figure out how you can end the game in the middle of a battle in a "neutral" way, just to pick-up later. Would need a solution to prevent a savegame exploit, but sometimes real-life interferes...

There are also other potential exploits they might have to look at - after a defeat in the very first story mission, I tried it again yesterday with a much more seasoned warband. As those scripted story missions don't scale with your warband, I walked through it without a problem. So easy that before I could complete the objectives, I already killed all defenders and reinforcements arrived. And that is the exploit - take a far superior warband into a story mission, intentionally delay the victory and just keep killing the reinforcements and farm experience until your band is wornout.

With repsect to the earlier discussion about the Skaven, I am not familiar with the Warhammer lore/universe, didn't even know that Mordheim is set in it, but in the game the Skaven have no numerical advantage - the subject is also discussed in their forum about the fact that there are (with respect to warband size) no asymmetrical battles.

#4185239 - 10/23/15 12:58 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: WhoCares]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Originally Posted By: WhoCares
[quote=Allaire]
With repsect to the earlier discussion about the Skaven, I am not familiar with the Warhammer lore/universe, didn't even know that Mordheim is set in it, but in the game the Skaven have no numerical advantage - the subject is also discussed in their forum about the fact that there are (with respect to warband size) no asymmetrical battles.

Well they must have changed that when i took my hiatus from the game from first iteration of early release.

I have not made a skaven warband yet, but in the past skaven used to field more units. Well that was some time ago, so i at least think they did.

Good news they are taking the persistence seriously. I also wouldn't worry about the storyline mission. The idea of storyline and campaign is to get you ready for pvp (not that you ever have to pvp), where this game really shines. Against humans i have had some good wins and horrible losses and is a lot of fun.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 10/23/15 12:59 PM.

Fighterops...

#4185660 - 10/24/15 12:24 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

This is from the thread that I meant, quoting from a Q&A:
Originally Posted By: dev
"- Asymetric warbands (different units numbers)
--- Not going to happen sadly due to multiple restrictions. 1 we did not want to take this route for balancing. 2 we are limited with the amount of characters we can have loaded at once"

Yes, I also like that the persistence is "pushed".
The storyline is certainly not my focus, but by delaying it so much, I just noticed the potential exploit of the reinforcents running into a "trap" to farm experience.
I just play campaign missions, mostly wyrdstone rush on normal or hard difficulty, which I can usually handle easily enough. But I still have to figure out certain things, e.g. the rank and skill limits of the warband members; I guess I might have made some bad decisions in their development not knowing some limits, etc.
Or other things I am "musing" about, whether it makes sense to sometimes take fewer rats to missions - might be easier to slip a rat through to cap the enemy "flag", or fewer and maybe easier to find the specific enemies that need to be killed. All under the assumption that also in that case, the numerical balance is kept on mission launch. Though to be able to do so, one would have to limit his warband size to be able to "store" the unneeded in the reserve. Another drawback would be that fewer man can carry less loot...

#4235780 - 03/02/16 05:50 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

A little bump as it looks like Mordheim is currently on Steam Midweek Madness sale, -50% =19.99€.

#4235840 - 03/02/16 08:21 PM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'm still interested though I know nothing about the table top game its supposed to be based off or its lore. The title description also infers that its also based off of the Warhammer lore too which I'm also unfamiliar with. Are they one in the same? I've heard of strategy games called Warhammer or Dawn of Warhammer.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4235968 - 03/03/16 08:41 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I had previoulsy no contact with the Warhammer Universe either, but yes, that's what it is based on.
As per its Wikipedia article the game gets rather average ratings, which I think is appropriate. It's fun to play, but eventually becomes repetitive.

#4235985 - 03/03/16 11:38 AM Re: Mordheim - City of the Damned [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Mordheim is part of the Warhammer lore/world.

It's a good, challenging turn-based strategy game with party management/RPG parts and an interesting setting. If you're a warhammer fan like me it's pretty much a must buy. If not then I'd suggest watching a video or two and read a review.

MP is a lot of fun.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.