Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4226789 - 02/08/16 04:05 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
The new textures look like someone know how to handle them but is possible they (VEAO) don't really see the difference... probably considering them like a futile expense as the older ones were excellent already by their standard.

Unfortunately that plane is made out of more than textures and things like dual controls, might never see the light or even the EFM that now is due to end of the month to be sent to ED for testing... I wonder how many EFMs ED refused from this team (P40 included).

Anyway. Textures aside all the talking in that update was about how bad the community is. And how people that bought the modules should have read better the fine letter. It's beta... thanks for the money... STFU!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4226798 - 02/08/16 05:09 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

I was completely on the clear about buying an Alpha stage product when the Hawk was released. What I hadn't been informed of was that the devs would be so outright incompetent as to still not have made it beyond this stage over a year later. They can shove that attitude somewhere until they at least have the common courtesy of offering refunds for the lowest quality module to have been released for DCS.

#4226837 - 02/08/16 06:11 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Can't wait for my Buchon...

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4226896 - 02/08/16 07:56 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Wow, I can't believe he actually said to paying customers that it is none of our business what they have been doing.

#4226923 - 02/08/16 09:25 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Jayhawk]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk
Maybe someone with insight into ED's development policies can clear that up: if a 3rd party developer announces a module (like the Eurofighter), does it mean they are then "hogging" that module (= no other 3rd party developers can try their hand on it)?

If so, how long until they "have" to deliver?

I asked about this a few months ago on the ED forums, and the answer I got from all parties was no, just because a developer claims dibs on a project, does not mean they have any exclusivity on that project.

#4226932 - 02/08/16 09:53 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Is there a new 'update'?

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4226939 - 02/08/16 10:09 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Paradaz]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Is there a new 'update'?

Update for Feb below.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=160325

Nate

#4226954 - 02/08/16 11:32 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Ta....its not true what everyone says about you Nate. I think you're alright. wink

#4226981 - 02/09/16 12:48 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
So many Negative Nancies....

They are fixing the major issues... and people still complain... Yup...

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4226998 - 02/09/16 01:54 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: SkateZilla]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

That's how this forum rolls, Skate.

#4227031 - 02/09/16 07:45 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl

That's how this forum rolls, Skate.

It sure does roll that way, not like the ED forums at all, where any negative opinion is struck down with the Ban hammer
So nice here

The Hawk cockpit is starting to look better from the screen shots

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 02/09/16 07:49 AM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4227032 - 02/09/16 07:54 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK

Correction. They have said they are fixing issues but as of yet they they have nothing to show for it other than a few screenshots which, quite honestly is the least of their woes.....their track record in fixing issued is shocking if the Hawk is anything to go by.

Negative Nancies? People complain about a product and you complain about the people in condescending fashion!

As someone who is here representing ED, you only reflect what's bad about their relationship with paying customers.

#4227036 - 02/09/16 08:49 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: SkateZilla]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)

I see you still have faith in them. Good for you.

I am only glad I didn't bought that Hawk. I can only imagine what one that did bought it feels after waking up from VEAO dream. If their trend of progress is keeping up you will wake up too at some point. Maybe even ED would get tired of Ells complaining about... ED (not sure if you observed that every single post of him in which rationalize some excuse for them, ED is also mentioned as part of the problem... do check it) and his customers/potential customers.

The last update is another spit in the face of community and customers. That "intro" has nothing to do with PR. Ells should simply take into consideration stepping down from "face" of his team as he simply cannot contain himself to leak "venom" in his "updates". And one could say to me... "hey... you are doing it the same here"... I am representing no 3rd Party, I am not trying to sell anything. I can say whatever I want if I respect forum rules (this forum or EDs forum) but he as a PR has no "right" to lash onto his customers. If I would be in his place I would prefer to speak in a bag than post his atrocities.

Look at this post... mine. Pretty negative, right? Well if I would be a third party dev I would write this down then eat the paper instead of hitting "Submit".

So yeah... They have someone now that can improve the cockpit textures. Good. But let's not forget that it took many negative posts of his clients to actually commit twice or more into doing it. Remember how when one guy said something about Typhoon new model not being right he immediately jumped into defending it bring same old "appeal to authority" argument. "Our model is great, some clerk from DoD said is awesome". Same with P40 cockpit textures..."Head of TFC said is awesome". Now "the EFM of Hawk is "signed off" by 6 real pilots"... I am pretty sure when they will release it we will see people doing back-flips with it and maybe reach Mars in 20 seconds from take off with all the signing and blazons. I can't wait to see how ED and community of Naysayers are to blame. For me the argument with 6 pilots is ZERO. Most real pilots I saw looking at a simulation they "looked at it like the turkey hen in the wood" (sorry... romanian expression of "clueless"). This is why YoYo from ED is not defending his FMs with signatures from his many real life pilots but with science and this is why he can take criticism and even correct things when he discovers he was wrong.

This is why Hawk moved in one year few inches while M2000C is blasting. When RAZBAM is fixing is fixing 30 issues and progress can really be seen. While Hawk... is is comatose from one year and possibly will be pronounced dead at some point.

PS And they have a bunch of fanboys that are really not helping them. All those people that cheer them like the ones that cheered the Radio DJ in the movie "The 5th Element" are just making them feel they are doing just fine when they are not. Lots of cheering when Hawk broke Mach 3, Lots of praises for the SFM that is almost satisfactory for many... Ellls included and that is even scarier.

/rant

#4227068 - 02/09/16 11:49 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: SkateZilla]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland

I am one of the most positive believers in DCS - I have bought every DCS product in Beta. I have only felt let-down once - the VEAO Hawk.

Simplistic flight model & graphics on release (which is reasonable) & simplistic flight model & graphics 1 year later (which is not reasonable). Flight model completely broken for a period in the interim.

I will continue to buy all DCS products in Beta except VEAO. To repair the customer damage, on their next product VEAO should offer recognition/discount for full-price original purchasers of the Hawk.

There are many negative nancies on this forum - I am not amongst them. This is a rare case where DCS beta product delivery is not defendable.

Last edited by eonel; 02/09/16 11:50 AM.
#4227239 - 02/09/16 09:04 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
RAZBAM certainly seems on top of things. Looks like by end of March the Mirage will mostly be done.

#4227249 - 02/09/16 09:17 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
You can delay an unannounced/leaked project all you want, I don't care.
You can say whatever you want about what you're planning to do and how you'll do it before I pay for it, I don't care.
Once you have my money, whether I have an early prototype of the product or not, I CARE. VEAO seems to not understand this?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4227257 - 02/09/16 09:39 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Double standards there Jedi?

Many a time people are complaining on these boards about unfinished payware content from ED and 3rd parties......your response is that we have no right to complain and should be aware of what we're getting ourselves into.

In my opinion, the Hawk/VEAO are no different other than it's probably the worst example out there. We have every right to express our disappointment.

#4227339 - 02/10/16 05:29 AM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Nate]  
streakeagle Offline
streakeagle  Offline

Seffner, FL USA
The whole theory behind doing a trainer first is to have a simple aircraft that is easier to learn how to code for DCS. The trainer lacks complex avionics/radar as well as high end weapons like SARH/AHM. It is also pretty much subsonic and fairly stable, which is supposed to make the aerodynamic modeling a bit easier.

Yet not one, but two two-seat trainers are in limbo while the Mach 2 MiG-21bis with radar is largely debugged and fairly well modeled. The big bonus: because the trainers were started before two-seat logic was available, it will be hard to make them multi-crewed. In fact, VEAO has pretty much said the Hawk needs so much work to accommodate two seats that it isn't ever going to happen in the foreseeable future.

VEAO has a huge list of aircraft the intend to do, but keeps shrinking with every passing month and seems stuck forever on the Hawk and P-40F. I hope there is a learning curve that they are going to overcome with the Hawk, P-40F, and Typhoon... and from then on they can make decent modules in minimal time. But I am not holding my breath.

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
discussion: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
censorship: practice of suppressing a text or part of a text that is considered objectionable
#4227473 - 02/10/16 03:24 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: Paradaz]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Double standards there Jedi?

Many a time people are complaining on these boards about unfinished payware content from ED and 3rd parties......your response is that we have no right to complain and should be aware of what we're getting ourselves into.

In my opinion, the Hawk/VEAO are no different other than it's probably the worst example out there. We have every right to express our disappointment.

No.

Complaining about LN's failure to adhere to an announcement schedule--stupid.
Complaining about backing a KS and not getting what you thought were going to get (because you mistakenly assume a KS is the same as a preorder, and it's not)--stupid.
Complaining about an actual product released for sale that you paid for that doesn't work as you were told it would--reasonable.
Complaining about it multiple times per thread across multiple threads in a forum that is not the dev's official forum--stupid.

Can you not see the difference?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4227476 - 02/10/16 03:36 PM Re: VEAO Dev update Jan 2016 [Re: zaelu]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: zaelu

I see you still have faith in them. Good for you.

I am only glad I didn't bought that Hawk. I can only imagine what one that did bought it feels after waking up from VEAO dream. If their trend of progress is keeping up you will wake up too at some point. Maybe even ED would get tired of Ells complaining about... ED (not sure if you observed that every single post of him in which rationalize some excuse for them, ED is also mentioned as part of the problem... do check it) and his customers/potential customers.

The last update is another spit in the face of community and customers. That "intro" has nothing to do with PR. Ells should simply take into consideration stepping down from "face" of his team as he simply cannot contain himself to leak "venom" in his "updates". And one could say to me... "hey... you are doing it the same here"... I am representing no 3rd Party, I am not trying to sell anything. I can say whatever I want if I respect forum rules (this forum or EDs forum) but he as a PR has no "right" to lash onto his customers. If I would be in his place I would prefer to speak in a bag than post his atrocities.

Look at this post... mine. Pretty negative, right? Well if I would be a third party dev I would write this down then eat the paper instead of hitting "Submit".

So yeah... They have someone now that can improve the cockpit textures. Good. But let's not forget that it took many negative posts of his clients to actually commit twice or more into doing it. Remember how when one guy said something about Typhoon new model not being right he immediately jumped into defending it bring same old "appeal to authority" argument. "Our model is great, some clerk from DoD said is awesome". Same with P40 cockpit textures..."Head of TFC said is awesome". Now "the EFM of Hawk is "signed off" by 6 real pilots"... I am pretty sure when they will release it we will see people doing back-flips with it and maybe reach Mars in 20 seconds from take off with all the signing and blazons. I can't wait to see how ED and community of Naysayers are to blame. For me the argument with 6 pilots is ZERO. Most real pilots I saw looking at a simulation they "looked at it like the turkey hen in the wood" (sorry... romanian expression of "clueless"). This is why YoYo from ED is not defending his FMs with signatures from his many real life pilots but with science and this is why he can take criticism and even correct things when he discovers he was wrong.

This is why Hawk moved in one year few inches while M2000C is blasting. When RAZBAM is fixing is fixing 30 issues and progress can really be seen. While Hawk... is is comatose from one year and possibly will be pronounced dead at some point.

PS And they have a bunch of fanboys that are really not helping them. All those people that cheer them like the ones that cheered the Radio DJ in the movie "The 5th Element" are just making them feel they are doing just fine when they are not. Lots of cheering when Hawk broke Mach 3, Lots of praises for the SFM that is almost satisfactory for many... Ellls included and that is even scarier.

/rant

Last edited by SkateZilla; 02/10/16 03:37 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.