Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
#4219794 - 01/21/16 01:06 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
So what happens when they conquer Russia?

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4219810 - 01/21/16 01:32 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Well, short answer "bad stuff".

Long answer "BAAAAAAAAAD STUUUUUUUUUUUFF!"
But seriously, IF (and it's a big one) they somehow manage to keep the Russian populace down (remember the revolts I had in Africa?) they basically have free meals three times per day- that is lots of Fuel, Energy and Materials, not to mention manpower.
And a completely tilted balance of War.

Come to think of it I can't imagine a single good thing out of it.
But- if the Russians are not worse then the Ethiopians, they are going to put up quite the fight.

If I was part of the Allied already I could probably engineer a plan to make this crazy dash to Berlin.

But then again it would be A town that I couldn't possibly hold for long. It could work as a distraction but not as a resolutive surgical strike.

Between us, my fear is that Russian capitulation would self balance to end up as an Endless War of attrition between the two blocks: A Western coalition and a Prussian Eastern Empire...

To be completely honest I'm surprised the American War Machine hasn't put any apparent (keyword- apparent) strength in any front, but ended up commercially dealing with the Japs.

I'm nervous thinking about the possible outcome and yet can't wait to play more!

Last edited by komemiute; 01/21/16 01:37 PM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4220261 - 01/22/16 04:49 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

It's almost as if the AI read and copied Para_Belum's Eastern Front AAR thread!

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#4220283 - 01/22/16 05:20 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: Cold_Gambler]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Cold_Gambler
It's almost as if the AI read and copied Para_Belum's Eastern Front AAR thread!

LOL, I was thinking more or less the same!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4225084 - 02/03/16 10:25 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

*sigh*

*Big Sigh*

*REALLY big sigh*

Where were we?

Well for once I thought about giving a look... OVER there.
And it's not really pretty. Russia is being invaded also on its "Eastern" eastern front.

It's not like it ain't putting up a fight- but...

Stalingrad is in a bad spot.

And Moskva and Leningrad have long become Czeckva and Hitlergrad

Western front looks usual...

A week in, and Stalingrad is even worse. Is there any way to stop the Horde?!

Five more days and... Uh-frakking-Oh.
Look here. Look.

Units dedicated to trying and stop the Swiss to get back their land are moved away. Not good.

AAand- it's gone. Dammit.

If I remember correctly that lasted differently in real life. Darn and darn again.

Surrender is close for them Russians.

Now the Western front seems to relax a bit and Allied forces are racking up a region or two...

Stalingrad is Worse and worse...

Did I miss the chance to act?
Is it all going down the drain?

Where will I find the time to continue this?

Is there Ice cream in the Fridge?

Ah- yeah some tech too...

And, no- no Ice cream. Not a single joy today. frown

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4225424 - 02/04/16 07:25 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: komemiute

In the case of Il Duce's glorious army wouldn't that be gelato? wink

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4225427 - 02/04/16 07:28 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: komemiute

In the case of Il Duce's glorious army wouldn't that be gelato? wink

AHHAHAHAH only if mediocre- otherwise it's Gelato. Capital G. wink

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4225555 - 02/05/16 01:58 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Supposedly the Japanese incursion into the eastern Soviet Union made a difference. No Siberian troops to be expected in the west.

Forget your plans - prepare for the worst. frown

#4225598 - 02/05/16 08:35 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I'm absolutely gutted to be honest.
Letting the brain do some work... I'll report soon.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4225704 - 02/05/16 03:47 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

The spy looks up at me under a swollen eyelid.
There are droplets of blood on his suit, a mixture of dark brown stains and fresher red dots.

I think I've spotted a broken tooth behind the purple lip.

But his grin is defiant nonetheless.

He is bound to the stool, arms behind the back, chains through the legs.

I eye up to Goffredo who stares casually at some point on the wall, without the minimal remorse.
The sun is setting outside the window and I really need some rest.

I look back at this blonde German- his question lingering in the smokey air between us.
Shame, that was a fine suit.

"Goffredo, ne ho avute abbastanza di questo biondino. Risbattilo in gabbia e basta menarlo, stabbene?"
"Goffredo, I had enough of straw-hair, here. Throw him back in his cage and quit the beatings, 'right?

Goffredo almost winces, and grabs the coat of the prisoner.
He literally lift him, the ten kilograms of chains and the little stool in one swooping motion.
As they leave the room I'm left alone thinking.

The sun lazily hiding behind a black hill, dotted with skeletal trees- shy of some leaves, shaken by an unsteady and bothersome wind.

Germany has offered a last ditch alliance, and I don't know what to do.

They are running around Europe taking whatever they want, apparently unopposed, unfazed by any event.
The Allies are struggling to keep up and Russia has finally collapsed.

Italy is in a bad spot.
I could keep up like this and just hope to remain neutral enough as to avoid any trouble.

Until Germany decides the Mediterranean shores looks better with a Swastika on them, of course.

Or side with them, but then I switch a few hundred kilometers of front-line on the mountain for ... well, the whole rest of it.
Between a rock and a hard place.

I couldn't be facing a harder dilemma, as I'm exactly in the perfect spot. An egg on the thin black edge of a knife.
I can fall both ways, and I'm pretty sure I'll never be the same- whichever I choose.

Switch side and risk the invasion- or stay where I am and possibly only delaying the inevitable?

Switch or stay?

Switch?

stay...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4225749 - 02/05/16 05:09 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

Well, seeing as the carcass of the Russian bear is being divided between the Germans and the Japanese there will be a lot of freed-up, experienced divisions ready to either push south through the Alps.

I wouldn't NOT want to be Germany's friend in the future...

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#4226097 - 02/06/16 07:32 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
AbuM Offline
AbuM  Offline

I'll be surprised if the Soviets last another 6 months. The French won't be able to withstand a renewed German offensive after the Soviets capitulate. Join the dark side and realize your Mediterranean dreams.

Unity is power.
#4226156 - 02/06/16 10:32 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Nooo! Be gd! Yuo prmised!

#4226262 - 02/07/16 03:58 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
That's a fine mess you got in there. Tough decision indeed.

Right now not just the future of Italy, but of the world looks bleak. I lost track - the US haven't joined the war yet, have they? If the answer is yes, they are the last hope. If the answer is no, then it's possibly doubtful the US will join once the SU is conquered.

One question is, can the Allies even realistically dream to push Germany back now, when they almost have conquered the SU together with Japan? Also Japan might be a tougher nut to crack now as well. Without the US it's a no-brainer. The UK, France, China and you are too weak to take on Germany and Japan once they have conquered the SU.

Another question is, how long can you stay out of it, whom do you trust more to win this and whom do you like more. At least the latter question is clearly answered.

So if you join the Axis, then Italy will be the weakest link and the soft-under belly of the Axis.

If you don't join or if you even join the Allies, then you will face the full brunt of a German invasion - sooner or later. Help by the Allies will probably arrive at some point, but your northern parts at the very least will face devastation.

Rough...

#4226351 - 02/07/16 01:24 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

@Purolator: My thoughts exactly. But I think I got an idea... Maybe.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4227412 - 02/10/16 01:37 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
I say Stick with the Allies.
Be a Duce of Principles!! smile

And if you're ground to paste, you can say your country died with honour!
(And its only a game.)

Or you could sidle up to Hitler and then jam a knife in his kidney.

Or Time to plan an exit strategy.... tanksalot

I hear Ethiopia is nice this time of the year.

tomcat

Last edited by Comrade_Hedgehog; 02/10/16 01:39 PM.

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4228252 - 02/12/16 06:21 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Things are definitely taking an interesting turn.
Germany would have never had the resources to do what is happening in the game but it is entertaining none the less. smile

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4229525 - 02/15/16 09:59 PM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

As much as I like all this- there's going to be a break.

I mean a long break.

Real life can be the mother of all the b!tc#es.
Thank you all for the understanding.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4229670 - 02/16/16 10:22 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
You can't do this!
We're sooo close to 66666 views in this thread!

#4229671 - 02/16/16 10:26 AM Re: Italy not quite at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Sorry, major issues.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.