Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4224556 - 02/02/16 07:47 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
You come across as a [Text deleted] with zero empathy and nothing but contempt for anyone who has any criticism of ED.
[Text deleted]

You're 100% correct on this point.

I do have zero empathy for anyone who bought it into it because the flight sim community was replete with this information, and if you were unaware of it that meant you had to fail to do any homework before pledging money to this guy. Random guy pops up and says "give me money and I'll give you a transporter!" and you don't bother to check out whether or not he has any actual ability to deliver? Caveat emptor. You didn't. You were taken for a ride. Now you want to lash out at everyone here who didn't have anything to do with that decision?

To correct your second point, I have nothing but contempt for anyone who wants to blame ED for being suckered when they know full well they only need to look in the mirror to find the actual one to blame. So yeah, I guess that includes you. YOU screwed up.

I criticize ED plenty for things I think they should be criticized for, such as starting too many projects without getting one actually done. NTTR and EDGE integration taking the entire life of my kindergarten-age daughter, for example, was a bad move. I don't blame them for stupid crap that I know full well is a waste of time. Hey Wags, when is ED gonna stand up and demand Russia extricate itself from Ukraine? Don't tell me it's outside ED's control when I KNOW.

Oh, and there are plenty of people who bought into the KS and have received the WWII birds currently available who do not spam the boards with their outrage about ED's so-called fast one because they didn't get what they chose to believe they would get when they think they should get it. Unless that $100k+ KS money was contributed by the 4 or so of you who are constantly whining about it here, that is.

To sum up--to pay luthier $1 for anything with his history was something NO ONE should have done, 5 minutes with Google would've revealed why, and if you couldn't be bothered to do that you deserve everything you got. I bet you buy cars the same way then? Paid $60,000 for a Toyota Corolla that didn't run lately?

You are super mad at yourself but you can't accept that.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4224650 - 02/02/16 10:20 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
nadal Offline
nadal  Offline

Great news finally F/A-18 Alpha release is in the sight!

I really hope HMS is installed on the DCS F/A-18C though.... helmet in the screenshot doesnt look like it.

#4224660 - 02/02/16 10:57 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: nadal]  
amnwrx Offline
amnwrx  Offline

Originally Posted By: nadal
Great news finally F/A-18 Alpha release is in the sight!

I really hope HMS is installed on the DCS F/A-18C though.... helmet in the screenshot doesnt look like it.

Yea, those pics look like the newish model we have in-game now. A bug without helmet mounted cueing would be a shame. Although I think helmet mounted cueing is relatively new to the USN fleet of legacy hornets, so you never know.

At this point all the pics of the exterior and even the cockpit are great, but I'm really anxious to see what they have been doing "under the hood" avionics wise, helmet sight included.

#4224675 - 02/02/16 11:44 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Nate
Originally Posted By: PFunk
May I gently remind people that a person can download DCS World completely free of charge and have one aircraft (the Toad) to fly in training, campaign, and multiplayer?

Costs you nothing.

Also the TF-51 is there too.

Nate

What have those quotes got to do with the price of fish?

Any game offered free of charge is designed to give people a flavour of what the gamplay is like in the hope they spend money on associated products.

Whilst anyone that downloads DCS undoubtedly get a lot of game for no outlay.....I'd wager there aren't that many people who are genuinely interested in it that make do with just the free modules.

To that end ED have made it accessible to everyone which is a successful mechanism.

Are you trying to insinuate that supplying the base title free of charge means that people (especially those that have paid for additional content) have no basis for any complaints?

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4224682 - 02/03/16 12:24 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Jedi Master]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
You come across as a [Text deleted] with zero empathy and nothing but contempt for anyone who has any criticism of ED.
[Text deleted]

You're 100% correct on this point.

I do have zero empathy for anyone who bought it into it because the flight sim community was replete with this information, and if you were unaware of it that meant you had to fail to do any homework before pledging money to this guy. Random guy pops up and says "give me money and I'll give you a transporter!" and you don't bother to check out whether or not he has any actual ability to deliver? Caveat emptor. You didn't. You were taken for a ride. Now you want to lash out at everyone here who didn't have anything to do with that decision?

To correct your second point, I have nothing but contempt for anyone who wants to blame ED for being suckered when they know full well they only need to look in the mirror to find the actual one to blame. So yeah, I guess that includes you. YOU screwed up.

I criticize ED plenty for things I think they should be criticized for, such as starting too many projects without getting one actually done. NTTR and EDGE integration taking the entire life of my kindergarten-age daughter, for example, was a bad move. I don't blame them for stupid crap that I know full well is a waste of time. Hey Wags, when is ED gonna stand up and demand Russia extricate itself from Ukraine? Don't tell me it's outside ED's control when I KNOW.

Oh, and there are plenty of people who bought into the KS and have received the WWII birds currently available who do not spam the boards with their outrage about ED's so-called fast one because they didn't get what they chose to believe they would get when they think they should get it. Unless that $100k+ KS money was contributed by the 4 or so of you who are constantly whining about it here, that is.

To sum up--to pay luthier $1 for anything with his history was something NO ONE should have done, 5 minutes with Google would've revealed why, and if you couldn't be bothered to do that you deserve everything you got. I bet you buy cars the same way then? Paid $60,000 for a Toyota Corolla that didn't run lately?

You are super mad at yourself but you can't accept that.

The Jedi Master

So what you're saying is you have no knowledge about who was in control of the kickstarter, that about sums up your angry rant. You believe what you want to believe, if you don't like what I have to say, and believe me I'm not going to stop saying these things until the project is finished, you could always use the ignore function. If all you can bring to the discussion is "you're an idiot for pledging to the kickstarter" I'm pretty sure your gonna end up on my ignore list because you're becoming irrelevant.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4224759 - 02/03/16 09:17 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

But to what end? I mean nobody cares...

Why don't you open a webpage with a petition for ED to hurry up with their WWII stuff? At least that would be constructive...

#4224763 - 02/03/16 09:31 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Maico Offline
Maico  Offline

Qatar
If I open a thread about Star Wars, I think it will turn into a rage about how ED is Evil and ripped everyone off.

This is simple folks. If you don't like DCS, go play the SIMs or some other thing. Falcon 4.33 is fantastic! There are other games out there... ARMA III is awesome! Just don't come in here and sour it for the rest of us.

There are people in this thread who NEVER have anything constructive or positive to say. You know who you are. For you all I can say is, Stop being bitter and find something that satisfies you gaming needs.

Thanks

Maico
i7 5930 @4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX1080 8GB Hybrid
DDR4 3000 x 32Gig
Fatal1ty x99x Mother
LG 34"UC97 Curved
Ultra Wide 3440x1440
TiR5, Thrustmaster Warthog,
Slaw Device Bf-109 Pedals
#4224768 - 02/03/16 09:58 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

This is simple folks. If people don't like hearing about ED's short comings

Then only read ED offically censored forums

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 02/03/16 10:07 AM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4224779 - 02/03/16 10:42 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Ever wondered why a lot of the really interesting stuff about DCS isn't even discussed here on the SimHQ forum anymore? Ever wondered why there are so few threads about the NTTR map or the new Mirage here on SimHQ?

I tell you why: a small number of people who exclusively use this forum to voice their complaints about ED, their work, their business model, the colour of Wags' car and their evil plan to sap and impurify all of your precious bodily fluids have managed to drive away a most of the actual flightsim fans from this forum. I admire those that still stick around, I'm just tired of it all.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4224787 - 02/03/16 11:08 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Para_Bellum]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Ever wondered why a lot of the really interesting stuff about DCS isn't even discussed here on the SimHQ forum anymore? Ever wondered why there are so few threads about the NTTR map or the new Mirage here on SimHQ?

Nope

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4224792 - 02/03/16 11:33 AM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Doesn't surprise me.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4224843 - 02/03/16 02:38 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Sobek]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek
But to what end? I mean nobody cares...

Why don't you open a webpage with a petition for ED to hurry up with their WWII stuff? At least that would be constructive...

To what end. When someone, nate, comes in and says ask luthier for the money and perpetuates the myth that ED had zero to do with the kickstarter I will speak up. The good thing about freedom of speech is folk can debate. Some folk do care. Some folk do not care for other folks point of view, that's painfully obvious, we do not live in a world where Nazi Germany won the war, debate should be welcome. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream can't hear you go ahead. There was a debate regarding EDs development time.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4224895 - 02/03/16 04:07 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Para_Bellum]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum

Yeah, I tried that with my NTTR expansion thread. It got taken over and wrecked.

#4224912 - 02/03/16 04:54 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

The good thing about freedom of speech is folk can debate. Some folk do care. Some folk do not care for other folks point of view, that's painfully obvious, we do not live in a world where Nazi Germany won the war, debate should be welcome. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream can't hear you go ahead. There was a debate regarding EDs development time.

The Nazi-analogy is so wrong in so many regards in this context, i don't even know where to begin.

I'm starting to feel like i'm overusing this comic strip but it puts it all so very well. So here it is, straight from the feather of Randall Munroe, a little private lesson for you what freedom of speech actually means:

https://xkcd.com/1357/

Last edited by Sobek; 02/03/16 04:54 PM.
#4224917 - 02/03/16 05:11 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
Sobek: Thumbsup!!

#4224925 - 02/03/16 05:48 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I want more Sobek in this forum...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4224930 - 02/03/16 05:53 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Sobek]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted By: Sobek

I'm starting to feel like i'm overusing this comic strip but it puts it all so very well. So here it is, straight from the feather of Randall Munroe, a little private lesson for you what freedom of speech actually means:

https://xkcd.com/1357/

Nailed it.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#4224981 - 02/03/16 07:02 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Gents, what started this debate off was the January newsletter. News about updates, progress and possible further delays where ED 'hope' to release content (their words not mine) whilst they also seem to be focusing on payware aircraft carriers.

It's all on-topic....the fact that some people don't like any negativity speaks volumes and this isn't trolling or repetitive this, that or the other.......these are genuine concerns about new announcements from people that have paid lots of money (in some cases probably more than those defending ED), have spent and do spend lots of time in the sim BUT just want ED to start finishing the modules they start and start learning from their mistakes so that they can start realising their potential which will ultimately culminate with a better end product for everyone.

The January newsletter hasn't been discussed before this thread.....learn to live with both positive and negative comments! I don't complain about people going wax lyrical about ED, I'm not sure why those people defending ED cannot accept there are flaws too.

It's a pity SimHQ members want to take side with those that want only positive comments because if it follows that route it will end up with something that resembles the ED forums......and that isn't a forum at all. Forums are there for debate, discussion and to air opinions.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4225016 - 02/03/16 07:52 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
What bothers me is not the fact that people are voicing their concerns with ED.

What bothers me is that it's the always same people who repeat the same thing over and over again... in pretty much every thread. Most discussions systematically end in the same way: in a 10-page long rant.

This particular forum reminds me more of gallows than a place where people genuinely want to discuss about planes.

Last edited by Chuck_Owl; 02/03/16 07:56 PM.
#4225027 - 02/03/16 08:07 PM Re: DCS: World Newsletter January 29 [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
JG26 vonVampr Offline
JG26 vonVampr  Offline

MI USA
Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl
What bothers me is not the fact that people are voicing their concerns with ED.

What bothers me is that it's the always same people who repeat the same thing over and over again... in pretty much every thread. Most discussions systematically end in the same way: in a 10-page long rant.

This particular forum reminds me more of gallows than a place where people genuinely want to discuss about planes.

Ding....Ding....Ding...Winner, Winner chicken dinner! I had just written a lengthy, hate filled response, but your much tamer and wiser response saved me from posting mine and possibly a vacation as it was acidic as hell. I agree with you 100% and thank you for the post!! cheers

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.