Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4219362 - 01/20/16 02:05 PM Multiple Steam accounts on one PC?  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
I have a Steam account installed on my PC and I have my son's Steam account installed both on his PC and on one of the laptops. I would like to install my Steam account on the laptop as well. Is this at all possible?

Basically, the idea is that I can buy a few Steam games, install it on both my PC and the laptop, that way if anyone wants to play with those games, I can still use my PC and they can play with those games on the laptop.

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4219384 - 01/20/16 02:40 PM Re: Multiple Steam accounts on one PC? [Re: - Ice]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

.... What?

If you have Steam installed on any number of PC all you have to do is access with your credentials.
Pretty much like any other software that requires authentication.

I- anyway- suggest another thing. YHou can share your library (games) with your son and vice versa.
In this case you see both account games as available to you and you can install and play them.

The true owner of the game still has "ownership rights" on the games so if your son is playing one of your games, and you start that exact game, you can play immediately and he has three minutes to gracefully save&quit.

I love this- thanks to my two brothers interests in different kind of games our combined Library reached over 800 games.

The world is mine.
I am the gaming God. biggrin

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4219419 - 01/20/16 03:57 PM Re: Multiple Steam accounts on one PC? [Re: komemiute]  
Hunedog Offline
Hunedog  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
Originally Posted By: komemiute
.... What?

If you have Steam installed on any number of PC all you have to do is access with your credentials.
Pretty much like any other software that requires authentication.

I- anyway- suggest another thing. YHou can share your library (games) with your son and vice versa.
In this case you see both account games as available to you and you can install and play them.

The true owner of the game still has "ownership rights" on the games so if your son is playing one of your games, and you start that exact game, you can play immediately and he has three minutes to gracefully save&quit.

I love this- thanks to my two brothers interests in different kind of games our combined Library reached over 800 games.

The world is mine.
I am the gaming God. biggrin

I was thinking more toward the Gaming Freak
category. neaner

runningdog

"It's not about the money Son, It's about rules. You see without rules we all might as well live in trees and fling our crap at each other."
Red Foreman on That 70's Show
#4219471 - 01/20/16 05:47 PM Re: Multiple Steam accounts on one PC? [Re: - Ice]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOL, I think the terms do overlap somewhat... biggrin

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.