Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#4217076 - 01/15/16 12:08 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
Originally Posted By: Cobra847
Originally Posted By: Frederf
It's charming but the last half dozen bits of info out of LNS have been things like "uploaded the wrong textures" "typed the file path wrong" "submitted the wrong build version" "website 404".

I imagined if I visited the physical studio it would just be people slipping on banana peels and getting hit in the face with cream pies while Yakkity Sax was on the PA. I appreciate the public-facing bug tracker but the occasional comic errors are getting thematic.

What a wonderfully confirmation biased influenced point of view.

You've ignored dozens of fixes, updates, and thousands of hours of work invested in lieu of- in your own words: two botched repository syncs and one single instance of a sub-site not being launched yet.

The Cream-pie is delicious and the Yakety sax is drowned out by our sky-high approval ratings. tuner

Sky high approval ratings? If you carry on Missing the mark your going to get the reputation of a team that cannot be taken at their word. In the dcs market where alpha/betas are the norm a reputation like that is not going to sell merchandise no matter what aircraft you decide to release.

Sorry - we've fullfiled far more promises than we've missed. They're just never ever credited. Here, anyways.

It's quite difficult to give credit where it is due when you live in a world of eternal pessimism.

Ratings wise, I'll trust the judgement of hundreds of people polled in stark contrast to the voices proclaiming incompetence or malice.

Quote:
You're coming across as having nothing but contempt for mustang and others by continually ignoring his question and throwing out some contemptuous remark. These are your customers. Do you really think that is good pr?

I'll stop being 'contemptious' when the tone changes into something that facilitates constructive discussion.
Until then - I'll keep taking the posts in a thread like this as a point of minor ridicule. There is nothing of substance to discuss; apart from some dedicated and borderline obsessive malicious intent and desire to feel high and mighty.

Being perfectly civil has grown rather tiring, as it stretches all the way back to being accused of posting 'bullshots' back before the MiG-21 released.

Don't expect me to not stand up for our business or products.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/15/16 12:40 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4217078 - 01/15/16 12:09 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Cobra, it's not worth it.

Rest assured that the people who actually play and enjoy DCS appreciate all your hard work. You won't find many left on this forum though.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4217079 - 01/15/16 12:11 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Cobra, it's not worth it.

Rest assured that the people who actually play and enjoy DCS appreciate all your hard work. You won't find many left on this forum though.

Many thanks!
Hope you'll be onboard with the Viggen and Cat. smile

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217090 - 01/15/16 12:29 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

It's charming but the last half dozen bits of info out of LNS have been things like "uploaded the wrong textures" "typed the file path wrong" "submitted the wrong build version" "website 404".

I imagined if I visited the physical studio it would just be people slipping on banana peels and getting hit in the face with cream pies while Yakkity Sax was on the PA. I appreciate the public-facing bug tracker but the occasional comic errors are getting thematic.

You've ignored dozens of fixes, updates, and thousands of hours of work invested in lieu of- in your own words: two botched repository syncs and one single instance of a sub-site not being launched yet.

The Cream-pie is delicious and the Yakety sax is drowned out by our sky-high approval ratings. tuner

Sky high approval ratings? If you carry on Missing the mark your going to get the reputation of a team that cannot be taken at their word. In the dcs market where alpha/betas are the norm a reputation like that is not going to sell merchandise no matter what aircraft you decide to release.

Sorry - we've fullfiled far more promises than we've missed. They're just never ever credited. Here, anyways.

It's quite difficult to give credit where it is due when you live in a world of eternal pessimism.

Ratings wise, I'll trust the judgement of hundreds of people polled in stark contrast to the voices proclaiming incompetence or malice around here.

Quote:
You're coming across as having nothing but contempt for mustang and others by continually ignoring his question and throwing out some contemptuous remark. These are your customers. Do you really think that is good pr?

I'll stop being 'contemptious' when the tone changes into something that facilitates constructive discussion.
Until then - I'll keep taking the posts in a thread like this as a point of minor ridicule. There is nothing of substance to discuss; apart from some dedicated and borderline obsessive malicious intent and desire to feel high and mighty.

Being perfectly civil has grown rather tiring, as it stretches all the way back to being accused of posting 'bullshots' back before the MiG-21 released.

I think if you look around these forums you'll find quite a lot of positive posts regarding LN. If you choose to ignore those it's not the SimHQ communities fault. You seem to want to focus on the negative posts and completely ignore the positive. It's almost narcissistic.
Mustang asked about your Website News Section and I have yet to see you answer his question. The one person in that discussion being unconstructive was you.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4217092 - 01/15/16 12:38 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Ratings wise, I'll trust the judgement of hundreds of people polled in stark contrast to the voices proclaiming incompetence or malice around here.

Quote:

I think if you look around these forums you'll find quite a lot of positive posts regarding LN. If you choose to ignore those it's not the SimHQ communities fault. You seem to want to focus on the negative posts and completely ignore the positive. It's almost narcissistic.
Mustang asked about your Website News Section and I have yet to see you answer his question. The one person in that discussion being unconstructive was you.

No - I'm not ignorant to those posts and I appreciate them.

I began posting in this thread because of factually incorrect statements.

I suggest you re-read Mustang's first post about the News section and it should become very clear as to why I choose to avoid giving a proper answer. Something I have done time and time again, even via PM to Mustang personally. I don't really have the urge to respond to such overhwelming negativity and agression anymore.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/15/16 12:40 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217132 - 01/15/16 03:44 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Pardon my ignorance but I don't recall a great deal of recent fixes from the customer's point of view. There were fixes of course like the radio not working without the engine running but those don't count as progress if one patch broke it and the next one fixed it. Same with the Star Force activation changeover. Yes, it's different now but unless you know the difference in activation schemes it was "worked before, then didn't, then did: back to square one" for the layman.

If you asked for ten noticeable bugs of the MiG-21 8 months ago, I might respond:
1. Radar-ranging gun solution
2. Cockpit flood lights
3. Hypoxia
4. Radar warm up
5. Stabilization mode
6. Kh-66
7. SPS-141
8. SPO-10
9. RSBN
10. Radio channel numbers

I'm sure there are a lot of real fixes I didn't notice and even more in some internal build which hasn't seen the public eye yet. But it cannot be denied there was a sufficient list of things missing/wrong a long time ago that haven't changed at all.

I like the MiG-21. It is my favorite module I think second in complexity only to the A-10C. I want it to be indistinguishable from the real airplane. This is just enthusiasm for that desire.

#4217136 - 01/15/16 03:58 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ya I've been kicking the tires of the Mig 21, really tempted to pick this one up

#4217283 - 01/15/16 03:53 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Frederf]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Pardon my ignorance but I don't recall a great deal of recent fixes from the customer's point of view. There were fixes of course like the radio not working without the engine running but those don't count as progress if one patch broke it and the next one fixed it. Same with the Star Force activation changeover. Yes, it's different now but unless you know the difference in activation schemes it was "worked before, then didn't, then did: back to square one" for the layman.

If you asked for ten noticeable bugs of the MiG-21 8 months ago, I might respond:
1. Radar-ranging gun solution
2. Cockpit flood lights
3. Hypoxia
4. Radar warm up
5. Stabilization mode
6. Kh-66
7. SPS-141
8. SPO-10
9. RSBN
10. Radio channel numbers

I'm sure there are a lot of real fixes I didn't notice and even more in some internal build which hasn't seen the public eye yet. But it cannot be denied there was a sufficient list of things missing/wrong a long time ago that haven't changed at all.

I like the MiG-21. It is my favorite module I think second in complexity only to the A-10C. I want it to be indistinguishable from the real airplane. This is just enthusiasm for that desire.

Yes, and those are legit complaints. Things in a product you paid for that are lacking.
So why is this thread full of nonsense about screenshots and website updates and other crap? Why the focus on trivial meaningless things when there are actual issues to be discussed? Even if it's nothing more than Cobra saying "still working on them" or whatever, it at least has SUBSTANCE. Those are the kinds of things that should be posted here.
Making 100 posts about the gun radar would be annoying but at least have SOME merit instead of the 100 "where's the pictures and announcement?" (said in a whiny 5 yr old's voice) posts we're seeing. At least people could discuss what is wrong, how to mitigate or work around it, and possibly get Cobra or someone to chime in with something useful about how it will be addressed.

LN missed a self-imposed deadline to publish some pictures? rolleyes Yeah, demand their heads NOW. Demand a refund for what you paid to see those pictures. Here, I'll give it to you. Every dollar you paid for that announcement has been returned to your bank account, go check.

If your major complaint about LN is about promises made to release info about future products, you have some kind of serious first-world entitlement issues. Get over yourself. No one thinks you're as important as you do. In fact, we know you're not. You gain nothing by harping on trivialities, no one appreciates your efforts, you not only do not gain respect, you lose it. Stop thinking your relentless droning is some kind of righteous crusade--because it only inspires me to post this in return, and for some reason you HATE it when I point out how badly you're wasting your time. I do delight in pointing out that you are, though.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4217463 - 01/16/16 12:37 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Jedi, does every single one of your posts have to include condescending nonesense?

The flipside is that getting so worked up about a negative post about a product and aiming petty insults at someone offers no more progression than what you see as someone complaining in a 'whiny 5 year old's voice'.

Perhaps if LN hadn't built up their potential release by hyping up something that they thought needing an announcement for an announcement that would be made later in the year together with statements about a load of progress updates and a barrage of screenshots......then they wouldn't have people asking where it is when it has failed to appear 5 months later.

What probably doesn't help their cause or potential sales is someone involved in the development hiding behind questions, refusing to answer and then being rude and confrontational with people who would be potential customers.

I'm all for devs being on forum boards, but seriously if they're going to react badly to questions about their products or announcements (especially those that are late/delayed) then they should also be aware that they aren't helping their cause by coming across as insensitive to the very people they will be trying to sell their products to.

No matter how good a product is, bad customer relations will turn some people away. I've looked several times at LN products......based on this thread, some of the responses within and previous threads in the past is enough to make me give LN products a wide berth. If trust diminishes, then so does my willingness to support them with my wallet.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4217605 - 01/16/16 10:45 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

You know what, i share jedi's sentiments.

I personally couldn't give a rats left testicle about an announcement, an upcoming announcement, or a delayed announcement.

Hell i have been waiting ages for the f18. I don't give a steaming pile of monkey excrement about announcements on it, i just want to know when its released and what god damned state its in.

Really, are announcements of unreleased products that important versus items that range from fantastical to dire need of repairing on released products that you have spent money on.

I don't know, maybe my priorities are skewed, but i don't think so.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4217649 - 01/16/16 01:15 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Paradaz]  
Jerkzilla Offline
Ay dios mio
Jerkzilla  Offline
Ay dios mio

I fully agree with Jedi.

I will wait, I will see, and if I like what I see and have the money on hand, I will buy.

Hype and generally getting worked up about announcements, are a waste of time in my opinion.
That the Mig took a while to get most of it's important functionality and optimization done, with some work still left, is regrettable, though somewhat expected, all things considered. I hope the new stuff will be in a better state at release, but I will wait, rather than judge now.

#4217759 - 01/16/16 05:57 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Jerkzilla]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerkzilla
I fully agree with Jedi.

I will wait, I will see, and if I like what I see and have the money on hand, I will buy.

Hype and generally getting worked up about announcements, are a waste of time in my opinion.
That the Mig took a while to get most of it's important functionality and optimization done, with some work still left, is regrettable, though somewhat expected, all things considered. I hope the new stuff will be in a better state at release, but I will wait, rather than judge now.

"Somewhat expected". THAT is the problem with this platform.
Cobra releases a long list of bugs and fixes and expects his customers to be impressed at the work they've done since release. Some customers are I guess. Me, personally, i see it as very poor QC, a release of a buggy piece of software. Those that express any dissatisfaction are treated like ungrateful children. Some work still left to do? How long has the 21 been for sale and there is still work to do while they announce 3 new modules? Two of those were leaked before cobra and crew get to announce what they were after watching and no doubt enjoying everybody trying to guess what they were. How embarrassing.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4217793 - 01/16/16 06:39 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

How embarrassing.

Terribly so. I think I'm pretty close to dying of shame.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217814 - 01/16/16 07:18 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

How embarrassing.

Dude you're going to have to grow a thicker skin and some humility if you're going to be a developer.
Take this one thread, there are many folk defending your company and practices, only once have you thanked anyone for it. Yet you have on many occasions replied to the doubters. That speaks volumes to me. It's as if the gratitude of your customers is expected and criticism an abhorrence. Of the 3 announced modules only one interests me. But due to your PR and expectations of the community I'm going to find it very hard to purchase it once it's finished.

DCS Kickstarter
#4217817 - 01/16/16 07:25 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

How embarrassing.

Dude you're going to have to grow a thicker skin and some humility if you're going to be a developer.
Take this one thread, there are many folk defending your company and practices, only once have you thanked anyone for it. Yet you have on many occasions replied to the doubters. That speaks volumes to me. It's as if the gratitude of your customers is expected and criticism an abhorrence. Of the 3 announced modules only one interests me. But due to your PR and expectations of the community I'm going to find it very hard to purchase it once it's finished.

Critiscism?

You have to be kidding.

I really don't consider many of the negative posts herein to be critiscism.
There's a big difference between being critical and being blatantly malicious.

Let me illustrate:

"Cobra- do you always fill your posts with tons of #%&*$# to make it longer? You're just going to fail at everything you write anyways, as always"

vs

"Cobra- it would be preferable if you shortened your updates and tried to cut some of the 'fluff'. There is less information in your post than what it seems."

You really have not read the majority of my posts or communicated with me via E-mail if you believe I'm not humble.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/16/16 07:30 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217819 - 01/16/16 07:26 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

How embarrassing.

Dying of shame. No, but embarrassed , you should be. You produced a great module (the best in DCS imho) under trying circumstances (with Beczl leaving etc) and although it had (has) a few bugs, overall a top quality release (especially if you compare it to others. But frankly your handling of the next two modules, the big proclamations, the announcements of announcements, the delays of simple things like screenshots and utmost, the decisions in the first place to hold off on anything regarding those two modules while building up massive amounts of hype. Your teams programming skills , modelling and texturing are second to none, including ED , your PR prowess on the other hand could use a lot of work. I wonder if perhaps you forget sometimes you are speaking to potential customers for a product you are trying to sell and not to your best friends who you are going to be giving a gift. You told me in private chat some time ago that you used to be in my position a little while ago, waiting for releases. Perhaps it is time for you to put yourself back in that perspective before typing up those updates or forums posts and ask.

"What can I actually deliver in the timeframe I am announcing"
"Is this info for the benefit of my potential customers or for the benefit of my own ego"
"Am I typing this so that my sky high ratings will remain there"

#4217820 - 01/16/16 07:30 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

How embarrassing.

Critiscism?

You have to be kidding.

I really don't consider many of the negative posts herein to be critiscism.
There's a big difference between being critical and being blatantly malicious.

Let me illustrate:

"Cobra- do you always fill your posts with tons of #%&*$# to make it longer? You're just going to fail at everything you write anyways, as always"

vs

"Cobra- it would be preferable if you shortened your updates and tried to cut some of the 'fluff'. There is less information in your post than what it seems."

It is really bad form to pretend you are quoting someone and then change their words.

This is what was actually said in that post

"Cobra: Do you just put stuff in your updates as filler to make them longer and to make it seem as though you are actually giving the community information when in fact you aren't.

#4217822 - 01/16/16 07:31 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

I think i wouldn't be embarrased if 10 nagging nancies out of a few thousand users in my customer base told me i should be embarrased because they say so...

#4217824 - 01/16/16 07:33 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
How embarrassing.

Dying of shame. No, but embarrassed , you should be. You produced a great module (the best in DCS imho) under trying circumstances (with Beczl leaving etc) and although it had (has) a few bugs, overall a top quality release (especially if you compare it to others. But frankly your handling of the next two modules, the big proclamations, the announcements of announcements, the delays of simple things like screenshots and utmost, the decisions in the first place to hold off on anything regarding those two modules while building up massive amounts of hype. Your teams programming skills , modelling and texturing are second to none, including ED , your PR prowess on the other hand could use a lot of work. I wonder if perhaps you forget sometimes you are speaking to potential customers for a product you are trying to sell and not to your best friends who you are going to be giving a gift. You told me in private chat some time ago that you used to be in my position a little while ago, waiting for releases. Perhaps it is time for you to put yourself back in that perspective before typing up those updates or forums posts and ask.

"What can I actually deliver in the timeframe I am announcing"
"Is this info for the benefit of my potential customers or for the benefit of my own ego"
"Am I typing this so that my sky high ratings will remain there"

I appreciate your nice comments about our product.

All I ask is that you try to remember what has been stated.

For example; you keep bringing up that our announcements are delayed. Yes- they are, and it sucks; but they were noted as delayed back in September. That hasn't changed, and bringing it up every time the discussion revolves around us has very little relevance.

It's pointless for me to update you every week with a post saying: Yep, still delayed.

As for maintaining accuracy of announcements, we can improve there, but the price paid for open development is simply inaccurate statements or projections.

I am not a seer, thus I am not embarrased.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/16/16 07:34 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217825 - 01/16/16 07:34 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Sobek]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek
I think i wouldn't be embarrased if 10 nagging nancies out of a few thousand users in my customer base told me i should be embarrased because they say so...

That is called "Believing your own press"

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.