Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
#4215764 - 01/11/16 06:01 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: scrim]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: scrim
Any comment on how missile effectiveness will look Cobra? The Atoll has better reliability than AIM-9Ms right now, that seems quite strange.

AFAIK that is up to ED and not 3rd Party teams.

Thanks for all feedback Cobra, now get back to that Viggen so I can Virgo the living carpet out of Naval Infantry trying to capture Gotland.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4216446 - 01/13/16 01:05 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

"Website News Section
A long overdue update to our website in the form of a new News section is now available.
If you find it difficult or time consuming to follow the forums or hunt down updates from us; we'll be cross posting anything relevant to this page.
This includes smaller announcements such as notices and warnings.

We've been fairly quiet over the course of 2015; with a mere half a dozen major updates scattered across the year, but this is of course has only been a temporary period that is soon coming to a close.
Thus, heavy use and far denser updates on this page are to be expected.

www.leatherneck-sim.com/news

EDIT: Will go live on the 1st. I broke it."

What an awesome feature to have, about freaking time. Just to save some folks the trouble of reading the news section and be caught up. Here is a TLDR;

"Inga resultat hittades
Sidan du begärde kunde inte hittas. Försök förfina din sökning eller använd navigeringen ovan för att lokalisera inlägget."

Translated means, nothing found.

Once again Cobra makes a big post and is 'late' delivering.

Last edited by Mustang60348; 01/13/16 01:08 PM.
#4216448 - 01/13/16 01:06 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

What happened to the news section

Last edited by Mustang60348; 01/13/16 01:07 PM.
#4216484 - 01/13/16 02:38 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
You broke it... obviously. copter

#4216624 - 01/13/16 09:37 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348

I was just holding back so that I could enjoy your inevitable post on the subject. smile

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4216704 - 01/14/16 02:27 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
deez Offline
deez  Offline

Wow...just looking at the display symbology leads me to believe that, even if I did buy something like this, I would never be able to figure out how to use it. It took me about 2.5 years to become a Combat Mission Ready Aviator. If this thing turns out as realistic as it looks like its going to be, I'm not sure how someone would even do it without the benefit of an instructor...not to mention hundreds of hours to figure out how to run the mech correctly. I think I'd probably wind up single if I even tried. Hats off to the developers though...looks like a lot of work.

#4216729 - 01/14/16 04:05 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Cobra847

I was just holding back so that I could enjoy your inevitable post on the subject. smile

So does that mean we can expect it tomorrow?
Or was that just a meaningless post to avoid answering the question?

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4216757 - 01/14/16 08:55 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd

So does that mean we can expect it tomorrow?
Or was that just a meaningless post to avoid answering the question?

Well considering that it still isn't avail right now. I think you have your answer. smile

Last edited by Mustang60348; 01/14/16 08:56 AM.
#4216758 - 01/14/16 08:58 AM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Cobra: Do you just put stuff in your updates as filler to make them longer and to make it seem as though you are actually giving the community information when in fact you aren't. I am also referring to the 'you will be flooded with screenshots, videos and previews' statement, which of course you failed to deliver.

#4216876 - 01/14/16 03:23 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
I think they do... Like VEAO huge shrinking disapearing list of planes and maps

...or they are trolling. I mean...

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/news

partything

#4216881 - 01/14/16 03:36 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Cobra: Do you just put stuff in your updates as filler to make them longer and to make it seem as though you are actually giving the community information when in fact you aren't.

Mustang: Yes. Exactly. You caught me. Darn!

Quote:
I am also referring to the 'you will be flooded with screenshots, videos and previews' statement, which of course you failed to deliver.

Of course I did. No surprise there.
In your twisted mind and in ignorance of actual intentions, of course.

This is more amusing than ignoring the silliness here- let's continue!

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/14/16 03:44 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4216884 - 01/14/16 03:49 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Cobra: Do you just put stuff in your updates as filler to make them longer and to make it seem as though you are actually giving the community information when in fact you aren't.

Quote:
I am also referring to the 'you will be flooded with screenshots, videos and previews' statement, which of course you failed to deliver.

So then since you want to continue, where is the news site that was supposed to go live on the 1st.

So you think it is silly that you make claims during your 'every once in a while' updates and then fail to live up to them. That speaks volumes. Of course I will give you credit, you sure have a way with making 'attacks' on me to cover up your own statements. Kinda like the statement in your last update that you failed to deliver one new aircraft last year when you had said multiple times you guys were going to deliver two aircraft last year, but those are just details and it is much easier to just deliver funny offhanded quips at people than to deliver actual stuff you said you were going to.

BTW, I do have my hip-waders ready for the flood.

Last edited by Mustang60348; 01/14/16 03:55 PM.
#4216887 - 01/14/16 04:14 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada

Quote:

So then since you want to continue, where is the news site that was supposed to go live on the 1st.

So you think it is silly that you make claims during your 'every once in a while' updates and then fail to live up to them. That speaks volumes. Of course I will give you credit, you sure have a way with making 'attacks' on me to cover up your own statements.

The only thing that speaks volume is your relentless will to complain about the most TRIVIAL things ever.

Last edited by Chuck_Owl; 01/14/16 04:14 PM.
#4216889 - 01/14/16 04:16 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Cobra, thanks for adjusting your last comment which wasn't allowed. SO thanks again for removing it.

Let me just say one thing.

These boards allow disgruntled comments with regards to customers thoughts towards products whether they are justified or not.

Yes it can be frustrating at times. Disregarding who is right or wrong, I would like to commend you for showing professionalism in changing your previous post and continuing to post here.

UNLIKE SOME OTHER DEVS WHO NO LONGER POST HERE BECUASE OF CHILDISH BEHAVIOUR,

I commend those that can MAN UP enough to have an adult conversation and ride some criticism in order to reach a greater consumer base and advise those of us who still want to be informed.

I only hope you keep this up and show THOSE CHILDISH OTHER DEVS the error in what they have done and don't alienate some customer base because of criticisms on a forum board. Just remember the voice of a few MAY OR MAY NOT speak for the remainder of us.

At the end of the day "sticks and stones" and all that.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 01/14/16 04:17 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4216992 - 01/14/16 07:48 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl
[quote=Mustang60348]What happened to the news section

Quote:

So you think it is silly that you make claims during your 'every once in a while' updates and then fail to live up to them. That speaks volumes. Of course I will give you credit, you sure have a way with making 'attacks' on me to cover up your own statements.

The only thing that speaks volume is your relentless will to complain about the most TRIVIAL things ever.[/quote]

If the news site was so trivial , why was it included in the New Years Eve update and then not even actioned.

#4217037 - 01/14/16 09:53 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Nate]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

It's charming but the last half dozen bits of info out of LNS have been things like "uploaded the wrong textures" "typed the file path wrong" "submitted the wrong build version" "website 404".

I imagined if I visited the physical studio it would just be people slipping on banana peels and getting hit in the face with cream pies while Yakkity Sax was on the PA. I appreciate the public-facing bug tracker but the occasional comic errors are getting thematic.

#4217042 - 01/14/16 10:16 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Frederf]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Frederf
It's charming but the last half dozen bits of info out of LNS have been things like "uploaded the wrong textures" "typed the file path wrong" "submitted the wrong build version" "website 404".

I imagined if I visited the physical studio it would just be people slipping on banana peels and getting hit in the face with cream pies while Yakkity Sax was on the PA. I appreciate the public-facing bug tracker but the occasional comic errors are getting thematic.

What a wonderfully confirmation biased influenced point of view.

You've ignored dozens of fixes, updates, and thousands of hours of work invested in lieu of- in your own words: two botched repository syncs and one single instance of a sub-site not being launched yet.

The Cream-pie is delicious and the Yakety sax is drowned out by our sky-high approval ratings. tuner

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/14/16 10:56 PM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4217060 - 01/14/16 11:04 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

You've ignored dozens of fixes, updates, and thousands of hours of work invested in lieu of- in your own words: two botched repository syncs and one single instance of a sub-site not being launched yet.

The Cream-pie is delicious and the Yakety sax is drowned out by our sky-high approval ratings. tuner

How convenient of you to forgot the two updates scheduled for Sep and Oct and the two missed release years of the Viggen and the Corsair. And who can forget proclamation that we would be flooded with screenshots, videos and movies. And lets not forget the missing physical rewards from the crowdfunding (that have now potentially changed). And I can't be 100% sure but wasn't there supposed to be a template(s) for repainting the Mig21 by now.

"Most of the team's focus has currently been on our two upcoming aircraft that are not the F-14.
We hope to announce one of these, which is part of a larger project during the month of September, and the other in October. "

Last edited by Mustang60348; 01/14/16 11:10 PM.
#4217069 - 01/14/16 11:46 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Cobra847]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Sky high approval ratings? If you carry on Missing the mark your going to get the reputation of a team that cannot be taken at their word. In the dcs market where alpha/betas are the norm a reputation like that is not going to sell merchandise no matter what aircraft you decide to release. The thing about ratings is that they change. You're coming across as having nothing but contempt for mustang and others by continually ignoring his question and throwing out some contemptuous remark. These are your customers. Do you really think that is good pr?

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4217072 - 01/14/16 11:58 PM Re: Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update [Re: Mustang60348]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

How convenient of you to forgot the two updates scheduled for Sep and Oct and the two missed release years of the Viggen and the Corsair. And who can forget proclamation that we would be flooded with screenshots, videos and movies. And lets not forget the missing physical rewards from the crowdfunding (that have now potentially changed). And I can't be 100% sure but wasn't there supposed to be a template(s) for repainting the Mig21 by now.

"Most of the team's focus has currently been on our two upcoming aircraft that are not the F-14.
We hope to announce one of these, which is part of a larger project during the month of September, and the other in October. "

It's only interpreted as convenient for you - because for us, delaying things has nothing to do with any sort of clownish incompetence. It's the price you pay for open communication.

Except for you, obviously.

Last edited by Cobra847; 01/15/16 12:09 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.